Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 895 Words
  • 7,815 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unexpected Liaisons - 1. Phonecalls

The angry synthetic guitars of Bay’s ringtone dragged him groaning from blissful unconsciousness and into the harsh gloom of morning. One hand grabbed for the phone was the messy black hair appeared from under the duvet.

“Gah…”

“Morning Bay.”

“Zu,” Bay half growled, it was unspeakably early to be calling after a busy night, “Issac’s not here. He went on that away-day Mack organised with the other staff.” And no wives, girlfriends or boyfriends had been allowed. Bay rolled over and luxuriated in having the whole of the double bed to himself. It was weird, but for one night, deeply enjoyable.

“I know he’s away. I called to speak to you.” Zupan sounded uncharacteristically sombre and worried. And it was early in the morning.

“Shit! What happened? Who’s hurt?”

“Calm down bud. Nothing’s wrong.” Bay collapsed back into the mess of pillows and blankets.

“Fuck you scared me. Why are you calling this early?” Now that there wasn’t a crisis on the horizon, Bay was all too happy to be grumpy about being woken.

“You know that kid who you were talking to at the bar last night?” Bay reeled through the people he’s served and chatted with came up blank, “The one you left with?”

“Zander?” Bay grinned. Zander had begged him to go out clubbing. Billy was away with his boyfriend and since Issac was out of town they could both just go out for student-night on the Tuesday and dance together and not care about it. After his last flop of a relationship, Zander had ‘sworn off men’, a promise which Bay doubted was going to last more than a week, “Zander’s not a kid. He’s twenty three.”

“And I’m nearly thirty, shut up Bay.”

“So what about Zander?” Bay decided to ignore the comment to shut up. He knew if he hung up Zupan would just keep on at him until he answered the phone again, and Bay was looking forwards to a nice long lie in possibly followed up with a selection of awful movies and toast.

“Do you have his number?”

“What?” Bay was fully awake now, all hope of peaceful lie ins gone, “What?”

“Zander. Do you have his number?”

“Zu… You do know he’s gay right?”

“No Bay, the huge floppy fringe and the shirt saying ‘likes guys’ weren’t big enough hints.” Zupan sounded like his usual snarky self again, “Yes I realise he’s gay. What, can I not have other gay friends now?”

“Zu…” Bay shifted in bed to lie on his front, “Is this a good idea?”

“He seemed like a nice guy, I just wanted to chat to him. That’s all.”

“You’d better not lead him on Zu.”

“I won’t. No gimmie the damn number before I-” Zupan was cut off by Bay’s smirked response.

“You do realise you’ll have to catch me before you can run over me with that thing right?” Bay groaned and stretched, “Fine, I’ll send you his number. Don’t be a total dick alright?”

“Only to you Bay.”

“Bye.” Bay stared at his phone after he’d hung up, then texted the message over to Zupan with Zander’s number in it. He was sure that this wasn’t a smart idea.

***

Issac groaned when the doorbell rang and dropped Bay’s hand from his lips.

“Who in hell is that?”

“I’ll go,” Bay kissed his boyfriend and swung his legs from Issac’s lap where they’d been snuggling on the sofa, “Be right back.”

Issac slapped his butt through the thin material of his sweats as he stood,

“Yeah, you’d better.”

When Bay opened the door he almost didn’t recognise the figure who sat in front of him. Never in the ten months that Bay had known him had he ever seen the big man as anything other than confident. Whether he was being cocky or romantic, joking and friendly or harsh and argumentative, Zupan had always been confident well past the point of arrogance. The man who sat before him actually seemed to be relying on the support that the wheelchair gave him.

“Jesus, Zu? What the hell is wrong?”

“He kissed me.”

“Huh?” Bay stared at his friend for several long heartbeats, replaying what Zupan had just said. Then he remembered the phone call. “Ah fuck… You’d better come in then”

After they’d gotten Zupan settled, for a certain value of the word, Bay sat on the edge of a dining chair, leaving Issac on the sofa and sighed.

“What did you do?” Bay knew better than to use the tone of voice that he felt. He’d known giving Zupan his best friend’s number had been a bad idea.

“He kissed me.”

“Did you like it?” Issac asked.

Bay blanched. His boyfriend seemed completely unfazed, and apparently the comment shocked Zupan too, because silence descended over the trio. Issac cleared his throat.

“Well?” He rapped his friend’s knee with his knuckles, “Did you like it?”

“I don’t know. Maybe.”

“’Fess up Zu,” Bay stood and went to the open kitchen, opened the fridge and returned with three glasses and a bottle of Uncle Jack, “You’re gonna have to tell us what happened.

“Oh god…”

“You wouldn’a come if you hadn’t wanted to share Zu.” Issac chided gently. Zupan drained the whole of his first four fingers as fast as Bay could pour them.

“Right… so I called him…”

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Happy cat!!!!! This is going to be a phenomenal pairing. Hmmmmm super over confident supposedly straight as a pin Zupan and so in your face bent as a hairpin Zander. This is going to be awesome. Cant wait for more

Link to comment

Very happy to see the story and look forward to another fantastic read. Look forward to where you take Zu and the guys

Link to comment

Well, it looks like other people thought it was a good idea too! ;) great job babes. Looking forward to more!

Link to comment

"claps like a happy kid". so glad you are going to tell Zu's story girl. Can't wait to see the shit you put him thru for being such a dick to BAy :P:o

Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 09:37 AM, said:
Well, it looks like other people thought it was a good idea too! ;) great job babes. Looking forward to more!
don't be smug just cause you won...
Link to comment

Hmm you really have a fetish for guy's names starting with Z - although Zander did start out being spelt with an X, when Bay defended him in the bar. Anyway, it'll be fun to see where you take this . and nice that Issac and Bay can be the ones to help Zu sort things out rather than the other way round.

Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 06:08 PM, Timothy M. said:
Hmm you really have a fetish for guy's names starting with Z - although Zander did start out being spelt with an X, when Bay defended him in the bar. Anyway, it'll be fun to see where you take this . and nice that Issac and Bay can be the ones to help Zu sort things out rather than the other way round.
damn, did it? shoot. i think i was trying not to have another Z.... oh well, we'll stick with Z for now.
Link to comment

This is gonna be terrific! I loved X/Zander and Billy from Bay's story and now we get to see the whole crowd again!

 

I can't wait to find out what happened that would have X/Zander kissing Zu! lol

Link to comment
On 07/01/2013 04:14 AM, Lisa said:
This is gonna be terrific! I loved X/Zander and Billy from Bay's story and now we get to see the whole crowd again!

 

I can't wait to find out what happened that would have X/Zander kissing Zu! lol

i hate spellings!
Link to comment

:2thumbs: Myiege

Ooookay, someone is confused. I see him right before my eyes, the poor pup. *laughs maniacally*

Great start.

Lunch break over.

Link to comment
On 07/09/2013 09:47 PM, aditus said:
:2thumbs: Myiege

Ooookay, someone is confused. I see him right before my eyes, the poor pup. *laughs maniacally*

Great start.

Lunch break over.

i love that you're reading at lunch. tehehe
Link to comment

I'm sure I read this before as I recognised all the characters while I was reading Bad Stereotypes and particularly remember the names - how can one forget them - Zupan & Xander and Zolpan! Where do you come up with these? But having read the earlier story at long last, now I better read this again as I'm sure I'll get lots more out of it than last time. Love your exploration of the predicament of the gay man as well as the huge variety of expression. I read a poster this morning which said "I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY. I JUST GOT LUCKY". Wow! It warmed my heart. Being of such variety in a limited range it so difficult to find a gay soul mate, but of course, Mr Romantic is going to write a story in which the impossible happens. How I wish it happened for me in real life! Maybe I should write my romantic ideal in a homophobic environment extreme! Haha!

Link to comment
On 02/22/2014 07:13 PM, Jaro_423 said:
I'm sure I read this before as I recognised all the characters while I was reading Bad Stereotypes and particularly remember the names - how can one forget them - Zupan & Xander and Zolpan! Where do you come up with these? But having read the earlier story at long last, now I better read this again as I'm sure I'll get lots more out of it than last time. Love your exploration of the predicament of the gay man as well as the huge variety of expression. I read a poster this morning which said "I DID NOT CHOOSE TO BE GAY. I JUST GOT LUCKY". Wow! It warmed my heart. Being of such variety in a limited range it so difficult to find a gay soul mate, but of course, Mr Romantic is going to write a story in which the impossible happens. How I wish it happened for me in real life! Maybe I should write my romantic ideal in a homophobic environment extreme! Haha!
i love that poster!

Zupan and Zoltan are great guys eh?

Glad you enjoyed, and yeah, i'm Mr.Romantic alright. our registrar actually said that to us at our wedding. "Enjoy each other" the best day.

Link to comment

I decided to re-read something by you, and since Zupan is one of my favorite characters this story won out. I enjoyed chapter one, again. Thank you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..