Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 778 Words
  • 4,565 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die - Prologue. Prologue

PROLOGUE

Detective Sergeant Richard Javelin pressed the record button. ‘This is D.S. Javelin, interviewing a primary witness in the case against Craig Spencer, on the twenty-sixth of April.’ He looked at Dave with deep green eyes. ‘Please state your name.’

‘David George Thompson.’

‘Please tell me what happened on the twenty-fifth of March.’

Dave drew a deep breath. ‘I was home alone with my cousin, Jason. Nick showed up at my house in the evening. It must have been about six or seven. It wasn’t dark yet. It was raining, and he was wet. I asked him in and he told me that Craig overheard a phone call we had about an hour or so earlier. Craig attacked him, calling him queer. It wasn’t the first time Craig hurt him; back in October he beat him pretty badly, too. I took him to my room, gave him some dry clothes. I saw the bruises when he took his shirt off. It looked awful. I tried to ask him what happened. After a while, he told me that Craig had come into his room, punched him in the stomach until he couldn’t breathe and then—’ Dave heard his own voice crack and swallowed. His heart was racing in his chest and he felt a little bit sick. He took a sip of the glass of water that stood on the table in front of him.

‘Do you need a moment?’ asked Javelin. Dave shook his head.

‘No, I’m fine.’ He took another deep breath before continuing. ‘Nick said that Craig pushed him face first down on the bed and held him down. Said that if Nick liked taking it up the arse so much—’ His voice broke again and he cleared his throat. ‘Well. You get the picture, probably. That’s all he said at the time. Then he just broke down, and a bit after that he ran to the bathroom and vomited.’ He picked at a hangnail and stared at nothing for a while, trying to clear his mind of the image.

‘Anything else you can tell me?’ Javelin asked him after a few seconds.

Dave exhaled heavily and looked at him. He looked like a nice man, reasonably young, mid-thirties maybe, well dressed with chestnut hair. He wore a kind and sympathetic expression on his tired face. ‘I don’t know,’ said Dave. ‘I guess just that, for that whole week he’d wake up at night, all sweating and shaking, just terrified. I’d try to hold him and soothe him and calm him down, but sometimes it would take hours before he was able to go back to sleep. Sometimes he’d cry and cling to me. Other times he would just lie there, shaking, with eyes wide open like he was afraid to close them again. Scared me, seeing him like that.’

Javelin nodded. Looked through the notes he’d been scribbling while Dave gave his evidence. ‘Have you got contact details for your cousin? I may want to talk to him as well.’

‘Yeah. Of course.’

Javelin pressed the stop button. ‘Thank you, Dave,’ he said, and smiled, though the smile looked more like a grimace. ‘This is very helpful in building our case.’

‘Good,’ said Dave. ‘I just want to help Nick.’

‘Yeah, me too,’ said Javelin. He shook Dave’s hand, and showed him out of the room.

Nick was waiting outside. When Dave appeared in the doorway he stood up, and Dave immediately rushed over to hug him.

‘How did it go?’ asked Nick softly.

‘All right, I think,’ said Dave. ‘It was scary.’

‘He’s a champ, your boyfriend,’ said D.S. Javelin kindly. ‘Best behaved witness I’ve ever spoken to.’ He clapped a hand on Nick’s shoulder and then turned to Dave. ‘Look after him.’ Then he vanished into an office with his notes and his digital recorder.

‘He’s the good sort,’ Dave remarked.

‘Yeah,’ Nick agreed. ‘Thank you so much, for doing this.’

‘Of course. I want that bastard put away for a long time.’ Dave kissed Nick gently on the lips. ‘That’s worth all of this. You’re worth it.’

Nick smiled. ‘You think we’ll get him?’

‘Definitely,’ said Dave, though he felt rather less certain than he sounded. ‘They’ve got evidence from multiple sources, and they’ve got his DNA. They’re definitely going to charge him. Don’t you worry.’

Nick nodded. ‘Okay. I trust you.’

Copyright © 2014 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Alan Matt Craig           Hubris reading order: Alan - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Because I Want You. Matt - between chapters 4 and 5 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Craig - after chapter 8 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Alan & Matt - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Patrick
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just yesterday I was wondering what Thorne Wilde was up to and today the universe (the universe being played by the GA website) answers me with a story. Great start looking forward to more, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/21/2013 02:54 AM, Miles Long said:
Just yesterday I was wondering what Thorne Wilde was up to and today the universe (the universe being played by the GA website) answers me with a story. Great start looking forward to more, thanks.
Yay! First review!! :D Thank you! Glad you're liking it so far. Can't wait to see what people think. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/21/2013 12:47 PM, Old Greg said:
YOU FINALLY POSTED THIS AGGHHMMMGG THE FIRST BOOK IS WHAT GOT ME HOOKED ON YOUR WRITING FINALLY ILY OMG YES :D
THANK YOU!!! :D
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/22/2013 09:37 AM, Lisa said:
Another awesome beginning to another awesome Thorn Wilde story! :)

 

On to chapter one!

Whee! Thanks! :D
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I reread all of the earlier Nemesis and related writing and I am refreshered up and ready to sally forth. Bring it on Mr. Wilde. Good times!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/22/2013 04:35 PM, Ron said:
I reread all of the earlier Nemesis and related writing and I am refreshered up and ready to sally forth. Bring it on Mr. Wilde. Good times!
Yay! :D Glad to have you here, Ron. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm a newbie to your stories.  Just finished "Because I want You" on another site and searched for you here on GA for the sequels.  That installment was very very good and had me captivated throughout the story.  Your writing style is extremely engaging and your character developments  are believable.  Looking forward to more adventures in the lives of Nick and Dave!   Thank you Thorn !

David

  • Love 1
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, KayDeeMac said:

I'm a newbie to your stories.  Just finished "Because I want You" on another site and searched for you here on GA for the sequels.  That installment was very very good and had me captivated throughout the story.  Your writing style is extremely engaging and your character developments  are believable.  Looking forward to more adventures in the lives of Nick and Dave!   Thank you Thorn !

David

Thank you so much! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I hope you’ll like this one too. :) 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..