Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 3,386 Words
  • 4,015 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die - 9. Chapter Nine: I'll Be Yours

I'll be your water, bathing you clean. The liquid peace. I'll be your ether, you'll breathe me in, you won't release. I've seen you suffer, I've seen you cry the whole night through. So I'll be your water, bathing you clean. Liquid blue.

CHAPTER NINE

I'll Be Yours

Nick snuggled up close to his boyfriend and buried his nose in his sparsely growing chest hair. He breathed in the scent of musk and sex.

‘I can’t believe they’re letting us play two songs based on just a recording,’ he murmured.

Dave chuckled softly. ‘I love how this is what you focus on. Not the fact that we won the case, but the fact that your band is playing two songs at a Christmas show.’ He kissed the top of Nick’s head. ‘The human mind . . . Very pragmatic.’

It might have sounded condescending, but Nick knew that Dave wasn’t mocking him. His tone of voice was far closer to admiration.

Finding out that the jury had found Craig guilty had lifted an enormous weight off Nick’s shoulders. Suddenly, he had felt such massive relief that he could hardly describe it, and for a moment everything had seemed possible. Craig had been sentenced to five years, which was a fair amount for a solitary incident. Knowing that he was going away for such a long time made Nick feel impossibly free. Better still, Nick had been granted £11,000 in compensation. That was money that would definitely come in handy when he turned eighteen.

Now that Craig was gone and all this was over, though, it was the last thing he wanted to think about. He hoped that he could finally put it all out of his mind, and maybe even get a decent night’s sleep without having to have Dave babysit him. No, he would rather concentrate on his band and their gig and Dave, and just live his life.

Nick sighed, and Dave laughed. ‘That tickles, when you breathe on my chest hair like that.’

Nick pulled away slightly so he could look up at Dave’s face. ‘You will come, won’t you? To the show?’

Dave smiled and kissed him on the nose. ‘Wouldn’t miss it for the world.’

* * *

Neither, as it turned out, would Mandira’s family. When she had informed her parents of the show and asked if she could go, they had immediately decided that they should all go together. She told Dave this over lunch one day about a week before the show.

‘That’s cool,’ said Dave with a shrug. ‘The more the merrier. Actually, that saves Zoë the trouble of giving you a lift home after.’

‘She wouldn’t have had to do that,’ said Mandira.

‘No, but she would have insisted,’ Dave told her. ‘That’s the sort of nice person she is.’

Mandira smiled. ‘She’s kind of like a sister to you, too, isn’t she?’

‘Yeah, I guess she is by now.’ Dave shrugged. ‘There are some things you can’t go through without getting closer to people. This whole thing with the trial and everything . . . Also, I’ve been over there so much.’

Dave hadn’t told Mandira everything about what had happened the previous Easter. He didn’t feel like it was his story to tell. But he’d told her enough. She had appeared almost as happy as he had felt when he’d informed her that Craig had been convicted and sentenced to five years in prison. He personally felt that prison was too good for the bastard—that he should be chemically castrated and locked away for the rest of his miserable life—but you can’t have everything. At least Nick seemed much easier now.

‘So, how about this dance in two weeks?’ Dave asked, changing the subject. ‘Are you going?’

‘If my parents will let me.’ Mandira shrugged one shoulder and took a bite of her lasagna. ‘I mean, I’m not much of a dancer, but it sounds like a fun social thing anyway.’

‘How about we go together?’ Dave suggested with a smile. ‘I mean, I don’t even know if I’m allowed to ask an outsider and even if I can Nick probably wouldn’t want to go. But you and I could go as friends. Maybe we could even dance a bit. What do you say?’

‘Well, they’ll definitely let me if I go with you.’ Mandira grinned. ‘Yeah, why not? If nothing else, I’ll be there with the handsomest boy in school, even if he is queer. Most of the girls and a some of the guys will wish they were me!’ she said dramatically and laughed.

* * *

I can’t stop to think. I can’t stop to ease the pain. You don’t know I exist—’ Nick cut himself off and stopped playing. ‘No, stop. Stop!’

Stuart sighed exasperatedly and put the drumsticks down. ‘What is it now?’

‘That break before “you don’t know I exist” still isn’t right, it’s—it just sounds wrong, it throws me off. We need to do it over.’ Nick bit his lip. ‘Fuck, you guys, we just, we have to get this right! We’ve got less than a week to go and—’

‘All right, calm your tits!’ said Matt.

‘Sorry. I need some air.’ Nick pulled off his guitar, leaning it against the amp, and left the room. Before the door slammed shut behind him he heard Stuart mutter something about ‘diva’.

The cool December air hit him as he stepped outside, making him shiver. He wrapped his arms around himself. At the very least the cold seemed to calm his brain, though. He closed his eyes and leaned against the brick wall of the building, taking a deep breath in an attempt to restore his equilibrium.

He couldn’t remember ever feeling this nervous before. Not even before the trial, though in truth he might have blocked a lot of that out. Now he just felt lost. He leaned his head back against the cold brick and let out the breath he hadn’t realised he’s been holding. Perhaps Stuart was right. Perhaps he really was a diva.

The door next to him opened and Matt stepped out. Wordlessly he handed Nick his jacket. He lit a cigarette while Nick gratefully put it on, covering his gooseprickled arms.

‘So, what was that all about?’ asked Matt after a few moments.

Nick shook his head. ‘I don’t fucking know . . . I just . . .’ He paused, weighing his words. ‘I am really fucking nervous about this gig,’ he confessed at last. ‘Like, when I think about it I feel like I might throw up kind of nervous.’ He turned his eyes to his friend. ‘I don’t know how I can do this, Matt.’

Matt met his gaze. He seemed to be appraising him, sucking thoughtfully on his cigarette. Then he grinned. ‘You’re not on your own, you silly sod!’ He reached out and ruffled Nick’s hair. ‘You think Stu and I aren’t shitting ourselves? You’ve just got to think that it’ll be worth it. And it will. We’re gonna be awesome, yeah? We can do this, together. We’ll carry you. Okay?’

Nick smiled in spite of himself. ‘Yeah, okay.’

* * *

‘I’m really excited! Are you excited?’ Zoë grinned and grasped the steering wheel tightly while bouncing up and down slightly in her seat.

Dave smiled. ‘Yes, I’m excited. Bit nervous, though . . .’

‘I’m just really excited!’ Zoë repeated. ‘My little brother, on an actual stage! I just know he’s going to be brilliant.’

They turned right into the car park of Sapswell College. Dave stepped out of the car and checked out his surroundings. It looked like a nice place, and he was at once hit by a pang of remorse at the thought that he didn’t actually go here.

They followed the signs past a green, in the middle of which stood a large, mostly leafless tree covered in Christmas lights, towards the entrance of the farthest building.

‘Dave!’ said a voice, and Dave turned his head to see Alan trotting towards him.

‘Oh, hey, Alan! Have you met Zoë?’

‘Not formally, I think,’ said Zoë, and shook Alan’s hand. ‘Nice to properly meet you.’

‘Likewise,’ said Alan with a lopsided smile. ‘Theatre’s through here,’ he told them, and they entered the building.

A sort of café had been set up in the lobby, selling tea, cocoa, mulled wine and an assortment of christmas cakes and biscuits. Christmas decorations and colourful lights hung from the walls and ceiling. Groups of students and parents were standing around with paper cups and napkins, chattering excitedly. Dave couldn’t help but notice that the ethnic demographic was rather more varied at Sapswell than at Dorcrest.

Zoë was looking over at the counter selling hot drinks. ‘Ooh, a cup of tea would do me. Do you want anything, Dave?’

Dave squinted through the crowd. ‘No thanks, I’m fine. Hang on, I think I see Mandira.’ He waved, and she saw him almost at once. She pointed him out to her parents, and soon all three were wading through the throng towards them.

‘There you are!’ she said when she reached him. ‘I’ve been looking.’

‘Glad you made it.’ Dave smiled. ‘Mandi, this is Nick’s sister, Zoë, and my best friend Alan. Guys, this is Mandira, and her parents.’

Hands were shaken and pleasantries exchanged, and then Zoë and Mandira’s parents went to get drinks.

‘Place looks really nice,’ said Mandira, looking around. ‘Do you go here, Alan?’

‘Yeah, but I haven’t got any lessons in this building. This is where all the arts are. Music, drama, visual arts, that sort of stuff.’

‘Oh? What A-levels are you taking, then?’

‘Sociology, Media Studies, English language and Economy. Economy’s dead boring, though, I’ll probably drop it next year.’

‘What is it you want to do, then?’ Mandira asked.

‘I haven’t a bloody clue.’ Alan grinned. ‘I’m just winging it. We’ll see what happens.’

‘Oh, there’s Nick and Matt.’ Dave pointed through the crowd, and waved.

Matt was practically bouncing with nervous energy, but otherwise seemed his normal, confident self. Nick, however, looked very pale. He nevertheless relaxed visibly when Dave put an arm around his shoulder and kissed his temple, melting slightly against his boyfriend.

‘Nick, I want you to meet my friend Mandira. Mandi, this is my boyfriend.’ He knew he was grinning like an idiot and didn’t even care. Even now, he still got a kick out of introducing Nick as his boyfriend.

Mandira smiled and shook Nick’s hand. ‘I’ve heard loads about you,’ she said.

‘I shudder to think.’ Nick returned her smile tentatively. ‘And, likewise. Dave’s said nothing but nice things about you.’

They introduced Matt to her as well, and Dave wondered, while Matt kissed her hand flamboyantly and said something vaguely inappropriate but altogether charming, whether Matt was actually capable of meeting new people without flirting with them, or whether this was some strange, Captain Jack Harknessian compulsion that he had no choice but to follow.

Zoë returned with Mandira’s parents and a cup of tea, and more introductions were taken care of. Mrs. Kaur immediately bombarded Nick with questions, observed that he was terribly skinny and told him that he should come to their house for dinner one day so she could fatten him up a bit. Nick appeared so taken aback by this that Dave was quite sure he momentarily forgot to be nervous.

Her attention then shifted to Matt, whom she asked whether he had any Asian in him, because he did have that sort of nose, to which Matt replied, ‘No, but I used to on occasion.’ Mrs. Kaur thankfully did not appear to get the joke. When the focus shifted from him, Nick began to look a bit pale again, and fidgeted with the hem of his t-shirt.

‘How are you feeling?’ Dave asked him softly.

‘I’m okay,’ said Nick, unconvincingly. ‘I mean, I think I might be sick or possibly pass out, but I’m okay.’

Dave took his face in his hands and stroked his cheeks with his thumbs, looking deeply into his grey eyes and said, ‘You will be absolutely brilliant. All you have to do is go up on that stage and be yourself, and they will all love you. Okay?’ Then he kissed him on the lips, and felt his boyfriend relax, shoulders dropping and eyes fluttering closed.

When they reluctantly pulled away from each other, Nick let out a deep breath. ‘Yeah,’ he murmured. ‘I’ll be fine. We should probably go get ready. We’re not on until the end, though. We’re not dead last, but almost.’

‘Okay. Go warm up, try to relax, and then go out there and have fun, yeah?’ Dave smiled and stroked Nick’s shoulders. ‘You’re amazing and I love you.’

Nick smiled. Then he hugged his sister, and he and Matt disappeared up a staircase.

Mandira was at Dave’s side almost immediately. ‘Oh, my God, you guys are so cute together!’ she gushed.

Dave smirked and cocked his left eyebrow. ‘Your inner fag hag is showing,’ he teased, and she slapped him on the arm in mock offence.

The crowd began to shift slowly towards the entrance of the theatre.

‘I think we’d better go inside,’ said Zoë. ‘Everyone ready?’

The theatre, as it turned out, could fit rather a lot of people. They all sat down on the seventh row, and Dave had a look around while more and more people filed in and took their seats. He knew Sapswell was a big college, but it hadn’t occurred to him just how many students actually went there before now. He recognised quite a few people, and exchanged waves and nods with some of them. Julianne, Linda’s old best friend, in whose living room Dave and Nick had had a fight that nearly ended in violence more than a year previously, gave him a cold glare and then ignored him.

It felt a bit bizarre, seeing all these people again in a new setting, one in which he didn’t actually belong. It made him feel oddly sad. But then he remembered that if he hadn’t ended up at Dorcrest, he would never have met Mandira. That had to count for something.

The ceiling lights dimmed slowly and the curtains parted to reveal a brass ensemble that played Christmas carols. They were followed by a ten minute Christmas comedy play by some of the drama students. There was a string quartet, a dance group, a magic duo, a pop band with a girl singer who had a serious set of lungs (under a serious set of tits), a big band with no less than three singers who performed White Christmas and Santa Baby in wonderfully jazzed up versions, and then the presenter came on stage and said, ‘And now, for the first time ever, Sapswell College’s brand new rock trio, give it up for The Oxymorons!’

Nick, Matt and Stuart came on stage. Nick and Matt plugged in their instruments, and Nick adjusted the microphone stand before saying, ‘Hi, we’re The Oxymorons, and this is Dull.’

Then he began to play, and almost immediately Dave got the distinct feeling he had heard this before, but on an acoustic guitar, without any distortion, on an October afternoon that had been far warmer than it had any right to be. And then Nick began to sing, and a hush fell over the audience as they listened.

Waking up has not been the same. I’ve been trying to make a change. Your look left me feeling cold, but I’ll remember it until I grow old.’ Hearing those words again nearly brought tears to Dave’s eyes.

They went into the chorus with an unexpected but wonderful amount of noise, as gritty, distorted bass joined the guitar and Nick sang out with a voice so powerful and strong that even Dave was surprised. He had no idea that Nick’s skinny frame was capable of supporting such thunder. When he sang, ‘You don’t know I exist!’ it was with so much real anguish and desperation that Dave really did feel his eyes well up with tears.

It was a wonderful performance. The song lent itself well to the genre, and was followed by a faster, more up-beat tune, but Dave had a hard time following what it was about. He just kept staring at Nick, whose fringe was now sticking to his sweaty forehead as he sang and played his white telecaster for dear life, and Dave thought that Nick had never looked so gorgeous or so sexy before. This was where he belonged—on a stage with torn jeans and a loose t-shirt, giving everything to the crowd.

When The Oxymorons had finished, they received a standing ovation, and then a choir came on and ended the show with a few traditional carols in untraditional and impressive a cappella arrangements.

When the show was over, Dave felt like he couldn’t get out of the theatre fast enough. He had to see Nick, had to tell him how remarkable he had been. Then his mobile buzzed in his pocket, and when he pulled it out he discovered a single text from Nick saying, I’m outside getting some air.

He found Nick leaning up against the wall outside the entrance, wearing Dave’s leather jacket. Matt was standing next to him, smoking a cigarette, apparently oblivious to the fact that one of his teachers could come by and see him at any time. Stuart was nowhere to be found. A few people had apparently stopped to congratulate them on their fine performance, and Dave watched in amusement for a few moments while Nick accepted their praise with a sort of embarrassed surprise. Then he made his way past them and said, ‘Excuse me, I just need to kiss this boy.’

And he did. He pulled Nick close and delivered a deep and passionate kiss, to which Nick responded with enthusiasm. Then he pulled back slightly, his arms still tight around Nick’s waist, and said, ‘You were amazing. That was so, so good! I seriously cried.’

‘What, don’t I get a kiss?’ said Matt with a smirk.

Dave and Nick looked at each other, and then they both kissed Matt on one cheek each. ‘You were very good too,’ Dave told him.

Then Zoë showed up, and Mandira and her parents, and Alan, and then Matt’s parents, and Chas and Ellie stopped to congratulate Nick and Matt on their way out, and soon everyone started to migrate towards the car park, chattering about the show and laughing and smiling.

Before Mandira and her parents parted ways with them, Mandira’s mother put a hand on Dave’s cheek and told him that Nick was a good boy, she could tell, and to take good care of him.

‘Do you need a lift, Alan?’ Dave asked his best friend when they reached Zoë’s car.

‘No, I’m getting a lift with Matt and his parents. But thanks.’ As the four of them continued on towards Matt’s parents’ Skoda, Nick and Dave stood looking at their retreating backs for several seconds.

‘I still wonder about those two,’ said Nick, pursing his lips.

Dave shook his head. ‘No way, though.’

‘You’ve been wrong before,’ Nick reminded him. ‘I called that he was gay, remember? You didn’t believe me.’

Zoë laughed at them. ‘I’m sure if there’s something between them they’ll let you both know soon enough,’ she said. ‘Now, get in the car, it’s freezing.’

Nick and Dave sat holding hands in the backseat all the way home. Dave couldn’t stop smiling, thinking back on the performance and how incredible Nick had been. He glanced sideways at his boyfriend, who looked very tired but very happy.

‘You know, you really are amazing,’ Dave told him quietly. ‘I knew you could play and I knew you could sing, but I didn’t know you could command an audience like that.’

‘I wasn’t, really,’ Nick protested. ‘I just . . . I pretended there was no one in that audience but you, and then it just sort of stopped being scary.’

‘I’m glad,’ said Dave, and squeezed his hand. ‘You were utterly gorgeous and sexy up there, and everyone could see it. Everyone loved you, and your band. You were wonderful.’

Nick smiled. ‘Thank you,’ he said. Then he rested his head on Dave’s shoulder and sighed happily, and after a short while Dave heard his breathing even out as he drifted off to sleep.

Wow, that was nice. A bare minimum of angst. What a relief, huh? There will be a few chapters like this now, before we get back to ALL THE ANGST!!! Hope you enjoyed it.
Copyright © 2014 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Playlist (YouTube)     Alan Matt Craig           Hubris reading order: Alan - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Because I Want You. Matt - between chapters 4 and 5 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Craig - after chapter 8 of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Alan & Matt - after the final chapter of Nemesis: Soulmates Never Die. Patrick
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter :D love how both nick and dave kissed matt on the cheek XD if i were to reread the first book where dave and nick were still enemies it might have been really weird..it's like they've been lovers since like forever..it's hard to believe they had fought violently before..the storyline is absolutely great but i cant help expecting something really bad to happen..

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Really nice indeed and such a wonderful chapter. I could just keep on reading about nice things and forget all the angst. Mandira´s parents were lovely and everybody got along great. I´d like to know more about Alan and Matt, and how they are getting along. Dave is a sweet boyfriend, always there for Nick :*)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh, no more ANGST!!!!! lol

 

What an awesome chapter, Thorn! :)

 

You wrote the concert with such detail that I could picture Nick up there belting out his songs. I bet now all the groupies, boys and girls, will come out of hiding and he'll be bombarded at school. lol I used to do that - develop crushes on the lead singers of the bands who performed in the high school talent shows. lol I'm such a groupie. ;)

 

I think Mandira's mom is totally awesome! Mandira is lucky to have her.

 

And of course it's FANTASTIC that Craig got what he deserved. But five years - I would have thought it would be a bit more.

 

Oh, and you spelled lasagna wrong; it's with an 'a' at the end, not an 'e'. It's my favorite food, so I should know. lol Shit, now I'm hungry.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

it was sweet, warm and nice and made me wonder why you have to use so much angst in your stories. I can really get user to this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 02:54 AM, AceKebabs said:
Great chapter :D love how both nick and dave kissed matt on the cheek XD if i were to reread the first book where dave and nick were still enemies it might have been really weird..it's like they've been lovers since like forever..it's hard to believe they had fought violently before..the storyline is absolutely great but i cant help expecting something really bad to happen..
Well, this is one of my stories... You can pretty much expect something bad to happen eventually. ;) Glad you liked the chapter! Thanks for reviewing. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 04:05 AM, Suvitar said:
Really nice indeed and such a wonderful chapter. I could just keep on reading about nice things and forget all the angst. Mandira´s parents were lovely and everybody got along great. I´d like to know more about Alan and Matt, and how they are getting along. Dave is a sweet boyfriend, always there for Nick :*)
I can promise some Alan and Matt stuff really, really soon. ;) It feels nice giving my boys a break for once, but it wouldn't be a very interesting story to tell if everything was all roses all the time, now would it? Thanks for reviewing! Glad you enjoyed the chapter. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 11:25 AM, Lisa said:
Oh, no more ANGST!!!!! lol

 

What an awesome chapter, Thorn! :)

 

You wrote the concert with such detail that I could picture Nick up there belting out his songs. I bet now all the groupies, boys and girls, will come out of hiding and he'll be bombarded at school. lol I used to do that - develop crushes on the lead singers of the bands who performed in the high school talent shows. lol I'm such a groupie. ;)

 

I think Mandira's mom is totally awesome! Mandira is lucky to have her.

 

And of course it's FANTASTIC that Craig got what he deserved. But five years - I would have thought it would be a bit more.

 

Oh, and you spelled lasagna wrong; it's with an 'a' at the end, not an 'e'. It's my favorite food, so I should know. lol Shit, now I'm hungry.

Goodness, how did I manage to spell lasagna with an 'e'? That's a bit embarrassing. I will fix that pronto, thanks for pointing it out. :P

 

A good musical performance evokes such powerful feeling and such a particular atmosphere that's hard to put into words. I'm very pleased you think I did a good job of it. Thank you.

 

I did research on average sentences for sex offenders in the UK, and five years seems to be fairly normal for solitary incidents. Additionally, Craig is a first time offender and one whose mental state isn't entirely great. As such, five years seemed appropriate.

 

Thanks for reviewing! So happy you're still enjoying it. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 12:27 PM, nostic said:
it was sweet, warm and nice and made me wonder why you have to use so much angst in your stories. I can really get user to this.
Happy stories are boring. :P Need some conflict to shake things up! Glad you enjoyed the chapter, though. Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Good news on the outcome of the trial, I hoped it would go that way but so many times they do not. Lovely interchange as Dave supports Nick through that dreaded first performance. Good job, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 06:00 PM, Miles Long said:
Good news on the outcome of the trial, I hoped it would go that way but so many times they do not. Lovely interchange as Dave supports Nick through that dreaded first performance. Good job, thanks.
According to the stats I've been looking at, UK courts are pretty good at convicting rapists, at least the ones that actually make it to trial in the first place. Of course, the majority are never charged due to lack of evidence. Thanks for reviewing! Glad you liked this chapter. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, everett Weedin jr said:

Mandira's mother is entirely lovable.

 

Partly modelled after a friend's mum. :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

gooseprickles - goosebumps NOTE: this is an equivalent based on several responses and not upon exact equivalency. Gooseflesh is another possibility. I was unable to find a direct reference to gooseprickles in any online source.

 

As far as the five -year sentence for rape is concerned; Craig will quickly discover that all is not sweetness and light in prison. He would be well advised to pick out the biggest and ugliest fellow prisoner and cultivate an intimate relationship, otherwise, every closeted homophobe will want to attack him and the other half will be standing in line to commit rape. He is fortunate in one respect, that his victim was not a child. Not many child rapists live long enough to serve out their entire sentence.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

gooseprickles - goosebumps NOTE: this is an equivalent based on several responses and not upon exact equivalency. Gooseflesh is another possibility. I was unable to find a direct reference to gooseprickles in any online source.

 

As far as the five -year sentence for rape is concerned; Craig will quickly discover that all is not sweetness and light in prison. He would be well advised to pick out the biggest and ugliest fellow prisoner and cultivate an intimate relationship, otherwise, every closeted homophobe will want to attack him and the other half will be standing in line to commit rape. He is fortunate in one respect, that his victim was not a child. Not many child rapists live long enough to serve out their entire sentence.

 

It's a little bit less dire in UK prisons than in US ones, to be honest. Better oversight, for one. The US prison system is looked upon with absolute horror by the rest of the developed world.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I like Mrs Kaur she is a typical mother, either you are too thin or too fat, even on the same day.

When did Nick get a white Telecaster? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Bft said:

I like Mrs Kaur she is a typical mother, either you are too thin or too fat, even on the same day.

When did Nick get a white Telecaster? 

 

Christmas the previous year. In the chapter titled Waiting For the Son of Man.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. Glad Nick got some resolution from the trial with the 5 years for Craig as well as the sizeable compensation. Nothing can really undo the damage that was caused but hopefully this will go some way to restoring his spirits. With Dave at his side being the loving and supportive boyfriend that he is, he's in a good place to get back on top of life.

The concert was awesome. Like Dave, I couldn't help a tear or two as I pictured Nick bringing life to the words of his song. It was nice to see Dave appreciate Nicks' performance knowing how he feels about where Nicks' talent may lead him and being worried about his place in that future.

Mrs. Kaur telling Dave to look after Nick because he was a good boy was a really nice touch. I will cherish this chapter in lieu of future angst :thankyou:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Goodie said:

Great chapter. Glad Nick got some resolution from the trial with the 5 years for Craig as well as the sizeable compensation. Nothing can really undo the damage that was caused but hopefully this will go some way to restoring his spirits. With Dave at his side being the loving and supportive boyfriend that he is, he's in a good place to get back on top of life.

The concert was awesome. Like Dave, I couldn't help a tear or two as I pictured Nick bringing life to the words of his song. It was nice to see Dave appreciate Nicks' performance knowing how he feels about where Nicks' talent may lead him and being worried about his place in that future.

Mrs. Kaur telling Dave to look after Nick because he was a good boy was a really nice touch. I will cherish this chapter in lieu of future angst :thankyou:

I'm glad you liked it! I both love and hate writing music scenes... I love it because I love music and it's often an integral part of my characters' lives. I hate it because it's so hard to express musical artistry in words alone. I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for all your lovely comments! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..