Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 3,128 Words
  • 2,751 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Storms - 32. Michael

I never was a violent person. I didn’t have to be. I was naturally tall and strong, I enjoyed playing ball almost as much as I enjoyed video games. I’d go running a couple of evenings a week (though I hadn’t so much lately, not since Daniel happened). I looked like I could take you in a fight, and so I never had to because no one ever tried anything, and I had no desire of starting anything myself. Violence never solved anything.

It was a testament to my anger, therefore, that when I saw Patrick in Additional Science Monday morning, I wanted to beat the shit out of him. I wanted to introduce his face to my fist and refresh the bruise around his eye and nose that had almost healed in the two weeks he’d been away. I wanted to hurt him.

I didn’t. And when he saw me, he got this look on his face, like he was afraid I might do exactly what I had just imagined doing. So I decided to talk to him instead. He looked terrified when I approached him, and that gave me no small amount of pleasure.

‘Hey,’ I said, my mouth set in a thin line.

Patrick swallowed. ‘Hey.’ His friends backed away. They seemed to try to blend into the background to keep out of the line of fire.

I didn’t waste time on preamble. ‘What you did was just about the sickest thing I have ever seen anyone do. And not in the good way. You know that?’

Patrick nodded. ‘Yeah. I know. I was . . . I was a twat.’ I hadn’t expected the sincerity in his voice and was slightly taken aback for a moment. ‘I dunno . . . Dunno what I was even thinking. Honestly, when I realised that snap had spread all over school, I didn’t know what to do and . . . the beating I took was kind of a wake-up call.’

‘This something you’re saying cause you’re scared of another beating?’ I cocked an eyebrow.

Patrick shook his head and looked away. ‘Nah, mate. Just . . .’ He worked his jaw for a moment, his tongue flicked out to wet his lips. I crossed my arms, waiting for the rest of what he was gonna say. ‘It was fucked up. Like you said, it was sick. Who does that? I mean, me, clearly. I was hammered, that probably didn’t help, but . . .’ He shook his head again. ‘I dunno what to say. Not sure if anything I say can even change anything, but . . .’ He looked up at me again. ‘Will you tell him I’m sorry?’

I pursed my lips. Then I said, ‘I’ll consider it.’

He nodded. ‘Yeah. Thanks. More than I deserve, that.’

* * *

We were sitting at dinner when Oliver approached us all. Julie was home with a cold, but the rest of us were chatting and waiting for Daniel to show up. ‘Hey, guys. Thought you’d like to know that Dan ran off before PE and didn’t come back. Not sure what happened, but . . . He probably went home with Griffiths, cause he didn’t turn up either, we got a temp.’

Cold dread filled my chest then. Loz was returning to school today, same as Patrick. Had something happened? Had he done something again? I looked around, but couldn’t see him anywhere. That same violent rage rose up in me. I wanted to find him and kill him. Instead, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and typed out a text.

Oliver says you went home. You okay?? x

‘Thanks, Oliver,’ I said. ‘Thanks for telling me.’

‘No worries.’ He glanced around him, and then he sat down in the chair we had been saving for Daniel and leaned close. ‘Listen . . . Daniel said he was out to you guys. And don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m pretty sure . . . I mean you and him, you’re together, right?’

I blinked. I hadn’t expected the question. Were we that obvious, or was Oliver just unusually observant? Maybe it didn’t matter. I nodded.

‘Thought so. Anyway, he seemed really freaked out, whatever was going on. Like he was fine and then he just bolted. So, when you talk to him, just . . . give him my best, okay? I’m worried about him, so . . . Take care of him.’

‘Yeah. I will. Thanks, Oliver. Really.’

Oliver nodded once, and then he stood and walked away.

‘Nice guy, that one,’ said Amy.

I smiled. ‘Yeah, him and his friends have really come through for Danny. They’re good people.’

It took a few minutes for Daniel to answer. Yeah. No. Not really. Come over after school and I’ll tell you.

I hesitated. Then I wrote, Is this about Loz?

Yeah, came the reply. Don’t want to talk about it now. I’ll tell you later, k?

Okay. I’ll see you after school. xoxo

The rest of the day was torture. I couldn’t focus on anything, just knew I had to go and be with Daniel and take care of him. I knew Griffiths and Lewis were already doing that, but I needed to. He was my boyfriend. I was in love with him. I’d never felt this way before, and he deserved so much better than what he’d got so far.

As soon as the school day was over, I headed to Griffiths’s house. It had started to snow again, and it was cold enough that it stayed on the ground. I nearly ran and made it in record time, barely managing to type a text to Liz telling her where I was going. When I got there I rang the doorbell, though I wanted to just tear open the door and run inside. Thankfully, it didn’t take long before Griffiths let me in.

‘Michael. Come on in. Danny said you were coming.’

‘Is he okay?’ I asked, not even managing a polite greeting.

‘Mostly.’ Griffiths looked grim. ‘He’ll be okay, anyway. He wants to see you. He’s in his room.’

‘Okay. Thanks.’ I took a step towards the stairs, but Griffiths grabbed my shoulder.

‘You knew. Didn’t you? About Loz, about the—’ He cut himself off, working his jaw. He looked angry, but his voice was calm. I hesitated a moment.

‘Yes,’ I said finally.

‘Why didn’t you tell anyone?’ he hissed. ‘You should have told someone, so we could help him!’

‘Don’t you think I wanted to?’ I shook off his hand. ‘He asked me not to. He f—he begged me, okay? I couldn’t betray his trust like that. I told him he should tell someone.’

‘You still could have—’

‘Stephen.’ Lewis stepped out of the front room. ‘It’s not Michael’s fault.’

Griffiths shuddered slightly, and then he turned to Lewis and I heard him take a shaky breath. Lewis put his arms around him, hugged him close. ‘It’s not your fault, either,’ he said softly. He looked at me. ‘You go upstairs, Michael. Danny needs you.’

I didn’t need telling twice, though I felt sort of bad for Griffiths. Casting a final glance at him and his husband, I could tell that the former was crying, his back and shoulders shaking. It was odd to see him that way, but then, in the past week I had learned a lot about who he was. He wasn’t just my teacher anymore.

I ascended the stairs and knocked on Daniel’s door. ‘Danny? It’s me.’

‘Come in.’ He sounded tired. I opened the door. Daniel was lying curled up on the bed in his pyjamas. He smiled when he saw me. ‘Hey. I’m glad you’re here.’

Crossing the room, I sat down on the bed next to him and stroked his cheek and his hair. ‘You okay?’

Daniel nodded. ‘Yeah. Kind of. Better.’ He took my hand. ‘Lie down with me?’

I did as he asked, kicking off my boots and climbing up on the bed. I lay down facing him, and he buried his face in my chest, taking a deep breath through his nose. I put my arms around him and kissed his forehead. ‘What happened?’ I asked softly.

‘Saw Loz. In the changing rooms at school. He . . . hadn’t been around earlier so I thought maybe he wasn’t even coming.’ Daniel sighed. ‘I ran. I couldn’t see him without . . . not in there. It was too much. I ran straight into Stephen. We talked and he sent me home.’

‘You told him about Loz.’

‘I told him some of what’s been going on. Didn’t tell him it was Loz, not . . . not then. Lewis came and picked me up. I told him . . . the rest. And who it was. And when Stephen came home, we told him too.’ He played with the hem of my sweatshirt. His voice was thick when he spoke next. ‘I wish I hadn’t told him. He . . . he blames himself and it’s not his fault.’ A sob shook his body, and I held him closer, stroking his back.

‘I know. He . . . I saw, downstairs. Lewis is looking after him.’

‘And you’re looking after me,’ Daniel murmured. He raised his gaze to meet mine. I leaned down and kissed him softly.

‘Always,’ I said. ‘And it’s a good thing you told them. Now they can help you.’

Daniel nodded, and then he brought his lips to mine. His kiss was hard and needy, his lips parted as he sought out my tongue. I kissed him back, pulled him closer still, and when he rolled over on his back and pulled at my shoulder so I’d follow, I rolled on top of him, kissing him deeper.

‘Will you . . . would you take your top off?’ he breathed against my lips. ‘I just, I want to feel . . . your skin.’

I pulled back a bit and searched his face. ‘You sure you want that?’

He gave me a half smile. ‘It’s not like I haven’t seen you without your shirt on before. I’ll . . . I’ll take mine off, too. I don’t want . . . it’s not like that, I just want to . . .’ He fell silent, chewing his lip.

Sitting up, thighs on either side of Daniel’s waist, I pulled off my sweatshirt and the t-shirt underneath. I felt oddly self-conscious. Daniel was right, he’d seen me without my shirt on loads of times. It really was nothing new. Now, though, it felt a lot more intimate, somehow.

He sat up as well, and I scooted back a bit. He smiled shyly and pulled his t-shirt off. Daniel looked up at me with his wide hazel eyes, put his arms around me, and pulled me closer so we were skin to skin. He lay down, and I followed so I was on top of him again. His skin was so warm. There were things I wanted that we were in no way ready to do, him especially. But I could kiss him, so I did. He kissed me back, and then he kissed my cheek, and my neck, and it was utterly impossible to prevent my body from reacting to that, along with his soft hands caressing the skin of my back. His body reacted, too. We both ignored it. It so wasn’t time for that yet, especially right now.

Kissing him was enough. Feeling his body against mine was enough. Being with him, it was enough.

We lay together like that for a long time, and then I rolled off and lay down next to him, just cuddling him for a good half hour. At some point, he fell asleep and I pulled the covers over us both before dozing off for a little while, too.

I was roused by a knock at the door, and then it opened, Lewis stepping inside the room. I blinked a few times before I realised that Daniel and I were both naked from the waist up, and that as far as Lewis could tell we had no clothes on at all.

‘We didn’t do anything!’ I blurted, before I could think properly. ‘We were just—’

Lewis smiled. ‘It’s all right. You’re allowed to be affectionate, Michael.’

Daniel yawned and rolled over onto his back. ‘Sorry,’ he murmured. ‘Got sleepy.’ His gaze shifted to Lewis, and then his expression changed into what I assumed was an approximation of how I had looked a moment ago. He sat up hurriedly. ‘Lewis! We’re not, we’re wearing clothes . . .’

This time, Lewis laughed. ‘Tea’s almost ready. Get dressed and come downstairs and eat, okay?’

I felt myself blush bright red as he closed the door. Daniel lay back and covered his face with his hands. ‘That was so embarrassing!’ he whined.

We glanced at each other, and then we both burst out laughing. ‘“We’re wearing clothes”,’ I said. ‘You actually said that!’

‘You should see your face,’ Daniel giggled. ‘You’re so red! So happy I don’t blush . . .’

‘You do, actually,’ I told him. ‘Sort of. Not your face, but the back of your neck turns sort of reddish when you’re embarrassed, like now.’ I smiled. ‘It’s cute.’

He looked away shyly, a small smile playing on his lips. Then his face grew serious, and he sighed. ‘I’m probably staying home again tomorrow.’

‘You should,’ I said. ‘You need some time. Going to see your shrink again on Wednesday?’

Daniel nodded. ‘Yeah. Guess we’ll have a lot to talk about.’

‘So, what’s gonna . . .’ I hesitated. ‘Are you, like, going to the police?’

He shook his head. ‘I told them no. I don’t want to. The school can deal with this. It’s not . . . it’s fucked up, but I don’t think he’ll do it again. I don’t think he wants to. The look on his face today, he just seemed really freaked out. I think he . . . I mean, he can get better. I think he gets it now. They’ll expel him, probably. I asked Stephen to leave it until tomorrow. Lewis agrees, says he’s still too worked up. Not like Loz is going anywhere.’

‘Only you, Danny.’ I shook my head in disbelief. ‘Only you could feel compassion for that bastard after . . .’ I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. ‘He doesn’t deserve it.’

Daniel shrugged. ‘It’s not about deserving it. I need to let this go, too. Stephen and Lewis, they could inform the police if they wanted to, as my guardians, no matter how I feel about it, but I’ve asked them not to. He’s . . . I mean, he’s fifteen. He can be better.’

I didn’t know what to say to that, so I kissed him again, and we got out of bed and put our shirts on. It was hard to process all of this. Daniel had sounded so calm, so sure that he didn’t want Loz charged. It was eerie. I had seen what Loz had done to him, had seen how it affected him, and knew it still affected him. I’d seen his panic attacks, his tears, his despair. Where was all that now? Locked away somewhere, no doubt. Along with his feelings about his stepfather and his mum’s old boyfriends. He was rationalising it.

Before we went downstairs I gave Daniel a lingering hug. ‘Do you realise how I feel about you? How much I care about you? I’m so in love with you I sometimes feel like it’ll kill me.’

He sighed against my shoulder. ‘Me too.’

‘It will get better,’ I promised. I wasn’t quite sure to what I was referring, but I knew I meant it. ‘All of it.’

Daniel pulled away and looked up at me with a small smile. ‘It already has.’

* * *

I was exhausted when I got home. Liz came out of the kitchen with a large cup of tea when she heard the front door close. ‘Hey, bear. Take it you’ve eaten at Daniel’s?’

I nodded. ‘Yeah.’

‘You okay?’

‘Yeah. Kind of. There’s . . . a lot going on just now, for Danny. It all sort of came to a head today, I guess.’ I grimaced.

‘Is Dan okay?’ she asked. She looked concerned. She cared about Daniel, too. I knew that. ‘Do you wanna tell me about it?’

‘Not just now,’ I said with a sigh. ‘I will, though. He’s been through a lot. He’s okay, all things considered.’ I yawned. ‘I’m tired. Think I’ll just head to bed.’

‘All right.’ She kissed my cheek. ‘Goodnight, bear.’

I went upstairs and entered my room. I was tired, but I felt too agitated to sleep. I was angry. Angry with Loz, angry with Patrick even though he’d apologised . . . And I was angry with myself. Mr. Griffiths had been right. I ought to have gone and told someone, or at the very least worked harder to make Daniel tell someone.

In my anger, I wanted to destroy something. I had felt like that a lot lately. It was just so unfair, all of it. I considered punching a pillow. Maybe find something I could break. But I’d read somewhere that that sort of thing just served to make people more violent. I didn’t want to be violent. There was enough violence in the world.

So I did the next best thing. I went over to my piano, put on a headset, and played. I sat there for at least an hour, playing through every classical piece I could accurately recall before moving on to some blues. I wasn’t much of a singer, so I didn’t do that, but it felt good to play. It felt like I could release something through all those notes and chords. It felt like I was going somewhere.

When I couldn’t think of anything more to play, I took off my headset and went for a shower. In spite of everything else, the memory of Daniel’s naked chest pressed against mine soon had me half hard, and so I decided to do something about it. It felt good, another release. I imagined doing this with him, being naked together, touching each other. It was getting harder and harder to ignore how much I wanted him. After I came I leaned my forehead against the tiles, breathing heavily. This would have to do, for now, or maybe forever. It didn’t matter.

I texted Daniel goodnight and went to bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

I remember being thirteen and making out with my boyfriend like that, our tops off but nothing more. It felt like a super big deal at the time.
Copyright © 2016-2019 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

It appears that I never actually made one of these for this story, but since people seem to like it, I'm making one now, in case anyone's interested in discussing it or whatever.     Summary: When fourteen-year-old Daniel and his mother are kicked out by his stepfather, they have to move to a housing estate in a different part of town, and Daniel has to change schools. He has a hard time making friends, and it only gets worse when one of his classmates takes a rather unhealthy in
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think it's better for Daniel not to go through all the thing which would result from telling the police about Loz. But there should be a deal about Loz having to come out to his family, who should be made aware what their homophobia has caused, and staying with his therapeut for a long time.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

I think it's better for Daniel not to go through all the thing which would result from telling the police about Loz. But there should be a deal about Loz having to come out to his family, who should be made aware what their homophobia has caused, and staying with his therapeut for a long time.

A police investigation and subsequent trial can be extremely painful, damaging, and triggering for a sexual assault survivor. I have friends who went through it who later said they regretted even reporting it, even though they won in the end.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 4
Link to comment

My feelings are that Loz and Patrick are not realy  bad guys, things just happen and got totally out of hand, being gay at that age can be terrifying for some boys especially if they have homophobic parents and siblings, the police would just make  it far worse for all involved and should be kept out of it, Michel and the foster dads will sort it all out along with Oliver and co.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, bubby1234 said:

My feelings are that Loz and Patrick are not realy  bad guys, things just happen and got totally out of hand, being gay at that age can be terrifying for some boys especially if they have homophobic parents and siblings, the police would just make  it far worse for all involved and should be kept out of it, Michel and the foster dads will sort it all out along with Oliver and co.

 

Things have gotten out of hand, yeah. Patrick’s story isn’t in focus here, but he’s not gay. He has some behaviour issues, though, and he too is getting help after what he did to Danny. Thanks for commenting! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

In the U.S., teachers are "mandated reporters" and are required by law to report abuse/sexual misconduct towards a child, with failure to report constituting a misdemeanor punishable (in most cases) by six months in jail, a fine of US $1,000, or both. Stephen (if not Lewis) would have no discretion in the matter, and Daniel's wishes on how to treat Loz would be meaningless.  The police would have to become involved, and Loz would almost certainly receive a custodial sentence of at least several years (worse if he's tried as an adult).  However, even if Daniel's wishes are honored, and the school (which is providing Loz with counseling) expels him without any cop intervention, how does this assure that Loz gets the critical help he needs to overcome his own problems?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, travlbug said:

In the U.S., teachers are "mandated reporters" and are required by law to report abuse/sexual misconduct towards a child, with failure to report constituting a misdemeanor punishable (in most cases) by six months in jail, a fine of US $1,000, or both. Stephen (if not Lewis) would have no discretion in the matter, and Daniel's wishes on how to treat Loz would be meaningless.  The police would have to become involved, and Loz would almost certainly receive a custodial sentence of at least several years (worse if he's tried as an adult).  However, even if Daniel's wishes are honored, and the school (which is providing Loz with counseling) expels him without any cop intervention, how does this assure that Loz gets the critical help he needs to overcome his own problems?

Via intervention by social services. The therapist he's seeing is also not directly connected with the school; he was referred. The therapist is paid for by the NHS, National Health Service. Police usually does not get involved with minors unless we're talking extreme violence or (attempted) murder. Very few cases involving minors make it to court. And no minor is ever tried as an adult. That's a very foreign concept.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Via intervention by social services. The therapist he's seeing is also not directly connected with the school; he was referred. The therapist is paid for by the NHS, National Health Service. Police usually does not get involved with minors unless we're talking extreme violence or (attempted) murder. Very few cases involving minors make it to court. And no minor is ever tried as an adult. That's a very foreign concept.

Thank you for your explanation. Please understand that I am not defending the U.S. system, which is frequently more punative than reformatory (the U.S. is the world's biggest jailer on a per capita basis 😔), but I wanted to make clear what the U.S. readership might be expecting and to ask what I should be expecting based on the laws and social net from across the pond. Your explanation fills in the blanks, and now I can rest easy, knowing that Loz will indeed receive the help he requires. 😊

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, travlbug said:

Thank you for your explanation. Please understand that I am not defending the U.S. system, which is frequently more punative than reformatory (the U.S. is the world's biggest jailer on a per capita basis 😔), but I wanted to make clear what the U.S. readership might be expecting and to ask what I should be expecting based on the laws and social net from across the pond. Your explanation fills in the blanks, and now I can rest easy, knowing that Loz will indeed receive the help he requires. 😊

I find the US system appalling, if I'm honest. The fact that minors are sentenced to life without parole, for instance. It's horrifying. Over here in Norway the system is even more rehabilitation based than in the UK. There are no life sentences (though in extreme cases sentences can be renewed, if a person is determined to not being reformed), and conditions in prisons are very humane. As we have some of the lowest recidivism rates in the world, it seems to be working.

 

The next chapter is from Loz's point of view, so hopefully you'll then gain some more insight. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

For what it's worth, the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down life imprisonment without parole for minors (through a series of rulings from 2010-2016), and the prison system has been scrambling to recalculate sentences and provide new parole hearings.  The big problem: These kids were considered "throw-aways" and, with the expectation that they'd never be released, were never provided with a proper education or any knowledge of how to negotiate their way through adult society. Now, classes are being cobbled together to provide an orientation to society before prison discharge, but it's likely to be too little too late, and no one really knows what will happen when these folks hit the streets. 😥

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, travlbug said:

For what it's worth, the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down life imprisonment without parole for minors (through a series of rulings from 2010-2016), and the prison system has been scrambling to recalculate sentences and provide new parole hearings.  The big problem: These kids were considered "throw-aways" and, with the expectation that they'd never be released, were never provided with a proper education or any knowledge of how to negotiate their way through adult society. Now, classes are being cobbled together to provide an orientation to society before prison discharge, but it's likely to be too little too late, and no one really knows what will happen when these folks hit the streets. 😥

I watched a documentary on these kids years ago. Another thing that’s sad (though not surprising) is that so many of them are people of colour. Breaks my heart that even little kids aren’t safe from institutionalised racism. Meanwhile, many white people still deny it’s even a thing, discrediting the lived experiences of people of colour as well as the statistics that prove them.

 

Heh, I feel I have the right to get political in the comments to my own stories. Hope the mods agree, lol! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Laura S. Fox said:

All caught up! Thank you for the story!

Thank you for reading it! And for leaving me so many wonderful comments. :heart: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/27/2019 at 12:42 PM, travlbug said:

For what it's worth, the U.S. Supreme Court has struck down life imprisonment without parole for minors (through a series of rulings from 2010-2016), and the prison system has been scrambling to recalculate sentences and provide new parole hearings.  The big problem: These kids were considered "throw-aways" and, with the expectation that they'd never be released, were never provided with a proper education or any knowledge of how to negotiate their way through adult society. Now, classes are being cobbled together to provide an orientation to society before prison discharge, but it's likely to be too little too late, and no one really knows what will happen when these folks hit the streets. 😥

We need more, and effective programs within the system  that intervene and give them a chance at rehabilitation before jail. In some cases it’s not offered and jail is definitely not warranted. As stated before the system needs work. Badly . 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Not only is the incarceration rate in the US the highest among the so-called 'first-world' countries our recidivism rate is also the highest in the world. Something is obviously wrong with the system. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Not only is the incarceration rate in the US the highest among the so-called 'first-world' countries our recidivism rate is also the highest in the world. Something is obviously wrong with the system. 

Indeed. The strangest thing to me is how people keep defending a system that demonstrably does not work. It's just so odd to me.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..