Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,591 Words
  • 1,843 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grump - 12. Chapter 12: Don't Tell Me That

A total body make over takes time. You don't want to end up like Joan R.

Grump

Chapter Twelve: Don't Tell me That

School was routine today. Not much different from yesterday. But lunch was different; from the moment Peter pulled Sam into the lunch line. “Sam, I’m going to buy you lunch today. The sky’s the limit order any thing you want, I want the best for my best friend. Don’t forget dessert, get two. Come on let’s eat, I’m starving.” And Peter fussed over Sam all thru lunch. Sam thought it was funny and sweet and it gladdened his heart.

After school it was ‘study group’ at Peter’s house. All five had discussed with their parents their idea to form a study group, like kids do in college. They promised this would be a benefit for them all and would be proven in their grades. All five had good grades, but parents are never satisfied. Plus for two hours each day they would know exactly where their children where.

***************************************************************

Diana was the embodiment of poise and calm as she waved her hand in the Pond of Rebirth. Her mien one of deep and contemplative thought. “Jeff, you are progressing so well. I have barely coached you along. I did not think we would reach this point so soon. And that brings us to the discussion for today. Jeff, you are approaching a point of epiphany. I have concerns this revelation will cause you some difficulty. So I have decided to prepare you today and take a risk. By informing you in advance, I may trigger the epiphany in advance. Do you agree to this? Are you willing to trust me and listen?”

Jeff was lying on his back in the greenest, thickest, sweetest smelling grass. He loved the Glen. He had released… no he had thrown his spirit to the heavens. It was ecstasy. His love was ecstasy. A chaos of joy. And it was power. A primeval potential. And it had a purity. It lived in his heart. He would have to gather himself back together in a minute, Diana was getting ready to start the lesson. But first he wanted to look at the memory of his loves from this pinnacle…

Peter had him in his arms nuzzling his ear. Sally was washing his chest. He was stroking Tom’s butt. Sam was on his knees washing Tom’s legs. It was so right. This was truth. This was good. This is the answer for us.

Jeff turned his attention back to Diana and smiled up at her. “Yes I trust you, tell me.”

“Jeff you have found yourself a stranger in a strange land and have managed it all with aplomb. But do you know just how strange it all really is. You are a dual-soul being Jeff. You are two souls bonded together to give birth to a wondrous creation. Jeff you are unicorn.“

“But… how do you know this?” This wasn’t what he was expecting. This was kind of alarming. I’m me, not a unicorn. I’m human.

“Well, Jeff, I can see it. I am unicorn too.” This was the moment, the epiphany was triggered. Diana could feel the door. Could see Jeff take the first step in a long journey.

***************************************************************

Alexander watched her like a hawk. Was something showing? Of course not. She took care with her appearance. She wasn’t even showing belly button. It wasn’t worth the trouble it caused. She got enough looks. Wanted and unwanted. Alexander wasn’t looking that way in any case. Was it her hair? Pigtails are cute but really. He was studying her. It was like he was taking a test and she was the questions on the test. And they were all essay questions. Was it her make up? No, couldn‘t be. No make up today. She was au naturale She was wearing toe nail polish. She couldn‘t resist it. She loved pink toe nail polish.

“Sally, have you noticed in your daydreams you take flight in almost everyone? You seem to have an affinity for flying. Do you think it helps? Does it lead you to your dream destinations? Does it aid your vision. Do you see clearer in flight? What does it feel like to you? I think these questions and your answers will make for a very fruitful discussion.” Alexander felt so proud of his initiate. She was regal.

“Well flying feels natural. Everyone flies in their dreams. It feels like the quickest way to get somewhere and yet you can keep an eye open for what’s going on elsewhere. It is the perspective you get from being above it all. You are on your way to reach your goal but you can scan the surroundings as you soar pass. And I do seem to have an eye for detail when I am flying. I don’t miss much.” Sally did fly in her dreams and daydreams. But the exciting part was she felt like she flew every day for real. Like today. She was flying on the emotion from yesterday. The air was friendly, it tickled her. There were warm currents and cool currents. Warm hands caressed her, cool streams washed her like rain. The wind kisses her wings and she climbs thru the air stroking with her wings higher and higher and at the edge she dives. Something has caught her eye. She only has seconds. Faster and faster she plummets. She will know. She will see. She will understand…

“Alexander?” Sally felt a little perplexed.

“Yes, Sally, what have you come to know?” Oh yes, Alexander was proud.

“I want to be a bird. Isn’t that silly.” It sounded ridiculous, but she wanted it more than any thing.

“No, it’s not silly. You are a kind of bird. You are phoenix.” Sally will know the world from the air and she will know so much more from her sight.

***************************************************************

“A Guardian does not need a weapon to fight and defend and win. But if you are fighting more than five opponents a weapon can speed the conflict to a satisfactory conclusion. And a weapon can be anything you can grab with hands or kick with your feet or put between you and your opponent. Remember your greatest weapon is your mind. Don’t let it get in the way of your body doing its job, but use a surprise or shock; then a distraction. See yourself a step ahead in your mind. You fight with both mind and body. But you win with your spirit.” Sappho knew it was time, she was keen.

“This time we will fight for real young sir. I will hurt you if you do not give it your all. I will dominant you and make you submissive. You will be my bitch, little Tom. We fight hand to hand. Now!” Sappho exploded in a fierce dance of deadly intent.

No tit glazing today. Sappho was as good as her word. Tom was backing up and blocking blows and kicks. ”What the hell is this?" Tom was on the floor and rolling. He used the momentum to kick himself to his feet only to dive for the floor again as Sappho came in with a head kick. Tom twisted and caught Sappho’s foot, only to have that foot slap him square in the face. Tom was twisting and rolling again like the end of a snapped bull whip; up on his feet again. Tom growled. Tom roared. Tom charged. Sappho was ready. She met his attack with a barrage of blows and kicks. Tom blocked them all. Then with a speed beyond believe, Tom grabbed Sappho’s next blow and stopped it cold; then he slammed her to the floor. With his knee it her back and both her arms twisted in his, Tom growled again. “Don’t make me bite you Sappho. Submit. Submit and this ends with us as friends. Fight and I will kill…”

Shocked, Tom suddenly released Sappho and stepped back breathing hard. He was willing to kill to win. No, not win be dominate.

“I submit spirit wolf, you are alpha. This was the only way. Two wolves must known where they stand with each other.” Sappho stood and bowed to Tom. “You still have much to learn and I much to teach; if you will consent, Honored Tom.

****************************************************************

True, they had been sitting at the table holding hands for only three and a half minutes, but it was the longest day of their lives. It wasn’t the over three hours time spent in Between, it was the knowledge gained that day. They just sat and looked at each other. Jeff sighed and finally told his friends his ‘news.’ “I am a unicorn.”

“I am a phoenix.” Sally chirped.

“I am a wolf.” Tom growled.

“Well, the joke is not so funny when it is on the other foot… or is that hoof, sorry I mean claw, oh forgive me… paw.” Laugh at a dragon and see what happens, Sam thought. “Okay, Peter can you beat this? I’ll give you my pack of skittles if you can.”

“I have to choose.” Peter replied to Sam’s challenge.

“What do you mean choose?” Sam wondered, this didn’t fit the pattern.

“I have three choices to make. I made the first one today.” Peter rubbed his hand across his mouth, then reached toward Sam. "Hand over my skittles."

“I think I will keep my skittles. I found out today that a dragon is a hermaphrodite.” Sam was smug, but he was worried and concerned and apprehensive and you name it.

It is like me, a child being potty trained. So don't worry. The shit will come. I promise.

<br />Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/20/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..