Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 997 Words
  • 2,237 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grump - 7. Chapter 7: Circle of Defense

Into the frying pan.

Grump

Chapter Seven: Circle of Defense

"So, we are all agreed. We will try the circle again. We have talked and Sally has explained what she knows of the proper procedure to follow. We will hold hands as before and travel to the 'Library'. Once there if we are still holding hands, it is okay to let go of each other. The 'Librarian' will assist each of us to locate our own special areas of interest. I don't think we should stay more than an hour this visit. Sally's has told us that only one minute in time passes here for every one hour in the Library. To travel to the Library we must take each other's hands in the same order as before or the circle will not be the same. So we will start. Sally take my hand." Peter felt funny leading his friends like this was some kind of meeting of the board.

"Wait!"

"Tom, what is it?"

"Sally and I must change places. I must take your hand first. I am, Pathfinder, and I must call the Circle of Defense. We are in danger. I am also, Guardian, and my word is given to protect. Peter, I know this."

"I am, Shaman, and I know Pathfinder speaks truth." Jeff added with a jerk.

"I am, Delphi, and I hear the truth Pathfinder speaks. There is danger, but we have time and will prevail." Sally called.

"Well, I'm, shit for brains, for getting up this morning and coming over here." Sam threw in.

"Peter, you are the Keystone, I must take your hand first. The Circle of Defense is mine to call, but you are...

"Yes Tom, I am the Crown and I rule the Circle."

"Well of course you do your majesty, you are the King of all this shit, I have said it many times before." Sam stood and walked out. He made it to the front door when he felt Peter's hand and heard Peter say it again. "My Love."

"Don't call me that. I didn't like it the first time at the Mall and you have not risen any in my book of all time shitheads."

"You are, Grace, and your Circle is Beauty..."

"Shut the fuck up now."

"Come with me my love, I can't go without you. I need you to come."

"I've heard that before but not with my ears, last time you will screaming it in my mind. What about those other assholes in there, aren't they enough for you? Must you have me too?"

"Yes, I must have you. Just as you must have me. Just as you must have all of us. All, Sam." Peter turned away.

"I'm going to make that shit crawl next time." "I heard that Sam." "Good." Sam followed.

Tom and Sally changed positions and Peter and Sam took their seats. Peter offered Tom his hand and Tom took Jeff's. Sally took Jeff's and offered her other hand to Sam. "Sam I hope you're feeling better after your talk with Peter." "Jealous much, Sally?' "No, I think Peter is very lucky." Peter took Sam's hand to complete the Circle of Defense.

"Tom, where are we?"

"The 'Arena'." They stood together at the bottom of a hugh natural basin. The bottom was flat and oval shaped and covered in sand like at the beach. The sides of the basin rose in concentric steps; empty, not a sound and nothing to see... the ground rumbled and gurgled and spit up three... men in suits. The same three suits from the Mall. The same three psychos who beat and tortured Sam and were now smiling ear to ear.

"Well look who beat us to the show. This time nothing is forbidden and we will feast. You must stand and fight or forfeit. The forfeit is your immortal souls." The suits began to grow and transform. If something that looks like an insect, that looks like a snake covered in maggots with eight limbs can exist, then it has nothing on these monstrosities. One was black with red markings. The second was blue with orange markings. The third was yellow with green markings. All three rose on their back four limps and clicked like spanish castanets.

Suddenly, Tom was roaring and running at the "Ticks". "I guard, I protect, I die; but you die first."

Peter had been too poleaxed to think. He was just staring. The sight and sound of Tom charging toward certain death broke his stasis. Peter raised his fisted arms and charged also screaming. Screaming louder and harder than humanly possible just like he did before at the bullies who were hurting his love.

It is up to Providence to decide whether it was the smartest thing, the luckiest thing, or the dumbest thing to do. Ticks have a defensive machination. Their assholes shoot and spit shit as a defense against attack in battle. Also it aids in their construction of habitats and adds spice to their food.

Peter's psychic blast ripped out of his mind and soul and flattened Tom on its way to impact. As if the triggers of three machine guns were pulled stimultaneously by one hand it began. Shit was shooting out the anuses of the three snake-sects with such force it was lifting them into the air. Tick shit is one of the most dangerous unnatural substances unmade. It is an unholy paste that sticks and glues and drys like concrete. Their adversaries were destroying themselves with their own uncontrolable shitting. Glueing themselves together into one large turd. When finally their bowels emptied of the copious hoard of defensive shit, and the sound of thousands of popping farts stopped, the battle was over; and no one was more surprised than five warriors of the circle.

"That was most impressive. I have never seen or heard of that defense before. You are a gifted young man, but don't let it go to your head."

Or was that the toilet bowl.

<br />Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/20/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..