Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 673 Words
  • 1,724 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grump - 6. Chapter 6: Ding Dong the School Bell

Inside the very little box was another box, but it was bigger, much bigger.

Grump

Chapter Six: Ding Dong the School Bell

Nothing but grass. Tall grass in every direction. Rolling hills of uncut grass. What the heck is this? I woke up outside in a field somewhere. Now I'm just standing and staring with my mouth opened. "Peter?" I turn to find Sam standing behind me. "What kind of fucked up shit is this?" I just shake my head at him.

"Peter, Sam, I'm over here." Sally called and started to walk toward us."

"Hey, guys over here." Tom and Jeff were coming now. At least I'm not alone, we are all together and okay, I guess. But where are we and how do we get home?

Gathered together we just looked around and around and back at each other and around again. "Well, any ideas, anyone?"

"It was that sissy hand holding crap you forced me to join in on. That's what this is. This is another crazy, 'I'm going to scream moment' to add to my favorite shit of the day list."

"I think Sam is right, I know he is. What he said sounded true." Sally said.

"So how do we fix this? How do we get back?" Peter asked.

"We have to hold hands again. The bond is broken." Jeff suggested.

"Oh no. No. No. No. No. I'm not getting on this ride again. No way!" Sam wanted this to be perfectly clear to everyone.

"It's the only way home. There is no other path from here. I know this." Tom looked shocked.

"Then we are not going to waste time. Take each other's hands exactly as before. Sally take my hand. Jeff take Sally's hand. Tom take Jeff's hand. Sam take Tom's hand. Do it Sam, please." And last Peter took Sam's hand.

Whispers, whispers all around everywhere. Sighs now too. A breeze. A breeze in the grass. A playful ripple, racing in the tall grass. A rushing wind now sweeping the hills like the waves of the sea. Is that singing? Chanting? She wants to share. She wants to share with us. She wants to teach us. Knowledge, Awareness, Insight, Clarity, Revelation, Prophesy, Destiny, Epiphany...

"Shit. SHIT!" Sam was standing. He was standing and everyone else was sitting at the kitchen table. He had broken the circle of hands. "I'm going home."

"Why, do you feel tired?" Jeff asked Sam.

"No, I'm not tired, I'm..."

"Do you feel upset or hurt?"

"No." Sam admitted or lied.

"Then why go?" Peter put in. "It's Sally's birthday you know. I promised her dinner out tonight. Sally, what do you say to a party? The five of us. I'm really hungry and I want to eat and I want to have some fun."

"You want to have a birthday party. After all of this?" Sam pointed at them all. "What... eat, drink and be merry cause tomorrow the shit will really hit the fan. I guess afterward we will all hop in Peter's bed together and play parlor games to choose who he fucks first. No wait he can just mind fuck us all at the same time!"

"Sam, we are not going to reject you or trick you or put you down or take Peter away from you. But we need to continue with our lives. We can't let this take over, we need balance. And what happened to us was nothing to worry about. It was a basic circle of astral transport that...." Sally sat with her eyes wide, surprise written plainly there. It was repeated on the other four faces.

"I know all about 'The Circle of Hands'. On a fundamental level it is a way of sharing and teaching and learning. That is what we did, we paid a visit to the 'Library.' There are hundreds of circles, all with a purpose and we have just been enrolled in school."

"You know I think I want that party now, I feel like a celebration." Sally did have the most beautiful smile and laugh.

"Sounds like a plan."

The rabbit who lives in my garden winked at me this morning and told me to cut the crap and get to work.

<br />Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/20/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..