Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 832 Words
  • 1,490 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Grump - 8. Chapter 8: Introductions

Has Sam met his match?

Grump

Chapter Eight: Introductions

"Impressive? That was the most blatent, crass and vulgar, common and clamorous display I have ever witnessed. It was brazen grandstanding, an absolute and utter waste of spiritual strength. A wave of the hand is all it takes to banish demons back to the Neverless. Young man you are in sore need of instruction."

"Grace, the children have only just arrived, and to a shock I might add, we need to take this calmly and slowly. And when in the past has a young and untrained Crown ever had command of such power, contemplate that titbit while you consume the scenery."

"Yes, my Crown, but it was in very bad taste. Think what his manners must be like?"

Uh, what to say? What to ask? Who were these two? What are they talking about? Where to begin? Peter was at a loss.

"Okay Gramps. What the fuck is all this? And who is that old dragon, your date?" Sam wanted answers and if he had to wait for Peter and the rest to ask for them he wanted to at least be sitting down, his knees where still knoxing together. He was in no mood for any of this. "Well, are you hard of hearing?"

"Why you little whippersnapper, watch your poppycock. I will box your ears. Tan your hide. And eat you for dinner." The dragon was dressed like she had spent the day working in a garden. She was wearing a big straw hat and gloves and carrying trowel.

"Yeah that has been tried before. I'm still standing." Sam's own grandmother was worst he thought.

"Please, young Grace. We are here to help. Give us the chance to do so. The All of All depends on this. A midday repast has been prepared for us, we will dine and converse." Holding his arm outward, gramps indicated the direction for them to take.

"So what happened in the Arena was real. It wasn't an illusion or a test?" Peter asked.

"Yes, it was real unfortunately. The three ticks must of possessed a hidden spell, which they used to escape and appear in the Arena after your arrival. I now believe it was part of the plan. Attack one of you, be captured and held here, escape at the opportune time and destroy you all at once. It is forbidden to kill in your world as long as the Circle contains us. But here in Between or in Neverless they can kill." Gramps had introduced himself as Zog.

"Those creatures were demons?" Tom asked still angry about not getting to battle.

"Those creatures are demons. They are not dead. I wouldn't call their existence 'living' either. You can only destroy a demon on his own territory, Neverless. That is if you are willing to travel there. Few are that brave or that foolish." Zog answered smiling kindly at Tom's protective manner.

"This is a perilous time for the Circle. That is the only reason the demons where able to transport directly to your world. We are in the time of change. And the unexpected will happen, the impossible will be done." Zog held each eye with his.

"But why are we involved in this? What is our connection? It doesn't make sense?" Peter asked, this time with steel in his voice.

"You five are the children of Evermore. Your parents agreed to move to and live in Evermore in return for a child."

"Zog, are you saying we are adopted?"

"No Peter, I'm saying your parents had problems with conception. Your parents were granted their greatest wish, children of their own."

"But we are not normal children are we, Zog?"

"What is normal? Your potential has been maximized. That is all."

"Now, time is passing and you must leave soon. But first you each need to meet your mentors."

"Sam, your mentor is Millicent." The old dragon had sat thru the meal huffing with each bite eyeballing Sam. She stood now and said: "Take my hand boy."

"No Way!"

"My love, I ask you to come. But I will spank your naked bottom here and now for all to see if you refuse. Is that what Peter whispered at the Mall to get you to behave? I know all your secrets, Sam. I will use them. Now come take my hand." Sam rose and took the dragon's claw and promptly vanished with Millicent.

"A tall man appeared in there place and stretched out his hand. Come with me young Delphi, I am Alexander." Sally rose and hesitantly took the hand and vanished too.

"Young Shaman, I am Diana. Please come with me."

"Well little man, we have much to do. Come now take my arm." Tom had never seen a woman this large. Her proportions were perfect, but she was at least seven foot tall. "Yes, Mam."

"Peter, I am your mentor. I would like to show you something. Please take my hand." And Peter did.

Please it rained this morning, I have brain mold.

<br />Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in late 2009.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/20/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br /><br /><br />
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..