Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 15,004 Words
  • 1,606 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome!

Game of Love - 2. Chapter 2: The game continues.

"Hola!” Eric said with a smile. “What’s up?”

‘Where are you?’ Riya asked curiously on the other end. ‘We passed by your apartment and you weren’t there.’

“Oh sorry about that.” Eric apologized. “I had to go and see mommy early morning today. It’s been like ages since we last saw each other.”

‘Mommy’s boy.’ Riya teased on the other end.

Eric laughed. “What do you expect? I am her only child after all. She has to give me all the attention. Wait…” He chuckled nervously. “…are you jealous?”

‘Yeah, whatever!’ Riya sighed. ‘Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that the results for elementary university physics are out and they’ve been stuck.’

“Really?” He gasped, getting a little bit excited. “When was that?”

‘This morning. Smith and I are going there to check our results so…’

“I am headed to the department right now,” Eric said abruptly. “Just wait for me for two more minutes. I’ll be there.”

Eric cut the call and concentrated on his driving. He was already on campus and was on his way to the department building to check his results. He was excited because physics was one of his favorite courses.

Eric was driving a beautiful blood red Lamborghinis Urus, a really beautiful and classy car that his mother had bought from him when he got admission into the university. He had been really happy because she had promised him a car but he hadn’t expected it to be that car.

Anyway, Eric made a turn and he arrived at the department car park. He quickly parked his car, grabbed his backpack, and rushed out, locking the doors. He was dressed sexily in a brand wine red tight t-shirt and a tight black designer’s skinny jeans that showed his sexy body and white snickers on his feet. His hair was tied in a sexy ponytail, revealing his gorgeous face. As soon as he stepped out of the car, most of the people were already eyeing him, admiring his sense of style and fashion.

“That was quick!” Smith commented as soon as he saw Eric.

“I told you I was already in school.”

He pecked both of them and they all started going inside the building, talking and laughing. Eric was always so happy when he was with his friends. They reached the second floor where they found some of their course mates checking their results. As soon as Eric’s eyes landed on that piece of paper where all the names were, his heart began racing. He had been excited at first but now remembering how that paper had been and seeing the results of other people, he was nervous.

Most of the results he saw were Cs and they didn’t impress him at all. Physics was a course in which their professor stuck together with your name instead of student number so he was bound to be nervous. A few that he saw had failed and some of them were even crying. He checked and checked but couldn’t find a name. It was impossible that he had failed, right?

“Yippee!” Smith jumped like a kid, covering his mouth. “Oh my God, yes! I made it!”

“Really?” Riya gasped, moving to him. “Where is it? Show me!”

Smith pointed to his name and he had done well. He had a B+ and it was impressive, the first B+ that both Eric and Riya had seen. He was probably the best.

“Wow, Smith!” Eric chuckled happily, smiling brightly at him. “That’s impressive. Congratulations, you deserve that.”

“Thank you!” Smith smiled back. “I don’t even know how I got that but I am pretty sure you’ve done even better than that.”

“I doubt!” Eric shook his head. “I haven’t seen my name. Will you help me?”

“Sure, buddy!”

And while Smith was busy helping Eric finding his name, there was another scream. It was from Riya. She was very happy because she had managed to get a B, another impressive result. Eric was genuinely happy with her but he was getting scared as he checked and couldn’t find his name. They checked the entire results’ script but couldn’t find a thing. They checked almost three times. But there was nothing there. Even the list of those that had failed, he wasn’t there. Now he was really scared.

“It’s impossible!” He gasped, running his fingers through his hair. “I can’t find my name anywhere. How is that possible?”

“I don’t know.” Riya held his hand, a frown appearing on his face. “I can’t even begin to imagine what had happened to your results. I am sure you didn’t fail because you’re very good at Physics. You helped Smith and I study, remember. Your results are supposed to be better than ours.”

“Riya is right!” Smith nodded. “There’s something wrong somewhere and I think you need to follow it up as soon as possible. You should go and see Professor Dunphy. Maybe he has an explanation for this.”

Eric took a deep breath and nodded softly. “I will go and do that right now. Can you wait here?”

Both of them nodded and Eric gave a sheepish smile before he quickly went to the elevator to the 11th floor. The elevator opened and he came out and it didn’t take long before he found himself right at the door of Professor Dunphy.

Taking a gloomy sigh, he knocked on the door and heard a deep manly voice telling him to go inside.

He opened the door and as soon as he was in, he felt a cool breeze hit his face. He closed the door behind him and started walking slowly to the beautifully decorated table of the man who seemed busy on his laptop. It was a really beautiful, big office with a small living room on the far right and two doors which he had no idea led to.

Professor Dunphy was one of the best lecturers that Eric had ever encountered at the university. The man knew what he was doing. Though he was a man in his early 60s, he didn’t look a day over 40. He had short dark hair with gray highlights which made him look handsome. The man was dressed in a pure white shirt that was tucked in a pitch-black trouser.

As Eric was slowly walking towards his table, the man raised his face and he gave him the brightest smile ever.

“Oh, Mr. Sandoval, please, take a seat.” He gestured. “How are you doing?

Eric nodded and sat down, feeling a little nervous. “I am alright sir, although, I…”

“I knew you would be here,” Dunphy spoke, closing his laptop. He leaned on his chin, still smiling at the beautiful boy. “I have been waiting for you.” He picked up a folded paper on the table and handed it over to Eric. “Here you go.”

Eric felt his heart in his throat as soon as he received that paper. He looked at the professor before he slowly opened the paper. What he got was the greatest shock of his life. Tears instantly formed in his eyes and he began breathing heavily while his heart started pounding harshly in his chest.

What he had gotten wasn’t just any paper. It was his script. When he saw the mark that was there, a tear rolled down his cheek which he quickly rubbed.

“A 98,” He gasped.

Happiness streaked through him like a comet and contentment filled his heart. He couldn’t think of a time he’d ever been happier. It was so intense that it scared him. He started going through his paper and he wanted to shout for joy.

“Those are the most impressive results I have ever seen in my entire life,” Dunphy said with a whole lot of joy. “My punches were pretty rough but you even punched harder. You didn’t get any answers wrong but of course, I don’t give a 100% in my course. It makes me jealous.”

Eric raised his head and just smiled, glancing at the man before going back to his script.

“Thank you so much, sir. I… I was scared when I saw that my name wasn’t on the list but….”

Before he could even finish his sentence, Dunphy asked him a question that left him speechless.

“Eric, are you having problems with anyone?”

Eric was shocked and at first, he froze. He wondered why the professor would ask him such a question.

“No, sir!” He shook his head. “None that I know of. Maybe some of the students…”

“Not those!” The professor got up from his chair and started walking towards him slowly. “I am talking about someone you shouldn’t be messing with, someone powerful.”

Eric was getting more confused. “I don’t understand, sir!”

“Mr. Sandoval, you’re a very intelligent boy and what’s impressive about you is that you’re the youngest in my class.” He added. “I have heard from other lecturers that you impress them with your results. You’re loved by almost every one of us if I am not mistaken. You’re rich, beautiful, and classy. And what I like about you is that you don’t spend your time on deciding what designer clothes you’ll wear the next day or what makeup you’ll use.”

“Thank you!” He was getting nervous because he had no idea where all that was going.

“With that said, Eric….” He paused and sighed gloomily, sitting on the table closer to Eric. He was staring right into his eyes and he wasn’t smiling anymore. “…it would hurt me badly to see you fail. You know that Physics is one of the most important courses you have this year. If you fail this course or any course you have this year, you’re gonna have to repeat the whole year and worse, expelled.”

Eric’s heart pounded violently and he felt his blood go cold. “But sir, I am not planning on failing any course. I always do my best.”

The professor laughed, patting his shoulder. “I know you do. And that’s why I am telling you to be careful. You don’t wanna mess with some people.”

“But sir, I don’t think I have messed with anyone. I’ve been minding my own business.”

The professor cleared his throat. “Then why does she want you to fail?” He muttered.

He might have spoken in a low tone but Travis heard him loud and clear. He was hit with sudden dread and his fingers found themselves placed on his chest. He was staring at the professor without blinking and he was frozen. His eyes got wider.

“What?” He gasped in a soft, shaky voice.

But the professor chuckled softly. “I shouldn’t be telling you this, Eric but I have no choice. I am a professor and I like intelligent students like you. You’re the future of this country and probably this university.

You’re far much younger than my last born son and I can’t… no matter how much someone pays me afford to make a student like you or any other student fail on purpose although I have the power to. I wouldn’t want any of my kids to experience such and you’re just like my kid.”

Eric was dumbstruck. Tears were welling up in his eyes. He couldn’t even speak.

“That’s the reason why I am telling you to be careful.” He added. “I might not be the only lecturer she might have tried to bribe. And we’re very different, dear. Some of them might have accepted.”

Eric clenched his fist. “Is it Giada?” He asked, almost sounding like a gasp.

The professor sighed gloomily. He was silent for several seconds and that only confirmed Eric’s suspicions. It was that woman, the woman that made his blood boil. A tear went down his cheek and he took a deep breath.

“I don’t want to mention the person but be very careful.” He added before he got off the table and went back to his chair. “That will be all, Mr. Sandoval, and congratulations. Continue like this and you might just be the best student in industrial design this school has ever seen.”

Eric nodded and slowly got up, acting as he’d just seen a ghost. He got out of the office and went back to the elevator. While it took him down, all that was in his mind was what the professor had told him. It was preying on him and honestly, it scared him. He had tears in his eyes and as soon as the elevator opened and that air hit his face, he felt like he’d been possessed. He started walking furiously, clenching on the script.

“Eric, what did he say?” Riya asked.

But Eric was still going.

“Eric!” Smith called, rushing towards him. “Where are you going?”

Eric turned and stared at him with a stern face. “You can go ahead to class. I will join you later. I just have to somewhere. This has gone too far.”

“Eric!” Riya called. “Eric!”

But Eric was too far gone. He left his friends there and they were scared. They knew how Eric was and they knew he was probably gonna cause trouble.

***

“You can’t go inside, sir!” The beautiful blonde secretary said, trying to grip Eric’s arm. “Please, wait, sir!”

But Eric shrugged her off and continued going inside. He was really mad.

And when he saw Giada there, seated comfortably on the chair, holding a meeting, he got so upset that his eyes turned red instantly. “Excuse me, you, I need to talk to you.”

Giada glanced behind and when she saw Eric there, she got really mad. “This meeting is adjourned.” She said rudely. “Everybody get the hell out!”

Everyone including the secretary got out, closing the door behind them. Giada got her sexy self off that chair and slowly turned, giving a stern face. She couldn’t believe he had the nerves to show himself at her office.

Giada was killing it in a sexy black suit, a tight pale black jacket that was unbuttoned, and a white tank inside which showed off her gorgeous cleavage, and a tight black skirt that reached her knees. She had silver high heels on her feet and her makeup was on point with her hair curled perfectly. She was looking beautiful with expensive jewelry on her.

“How dare you!” She barked. “Who do you think you are to badge into my office and most especially my meeting unannounced?”

“Well, I am sorry for badging in like this. I really didn’t plan on it. I just came to ask why the hell you won’t leave me and my mother alone. Why don’t you leave me alone?”

Giada chuckled bitterly. “What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Giada.” He said in a disrespectful tone. “I know you know exactly what I am talking about since you’ve got nothing to do rather than poke your nose into my family’s business. Is it that you don’t have anything better to do?”

“Don’t insult me, young man!” Giada warned, angrily pointing at him. “Don’t forget the ground you’re on. This is my territory and I can hurt you. Do you understand?”

“I would love to see you try.” He chuckled bitterly. “And I just came to tell you that I got your message very clearly but not everyone is as selfish and evil as you. Do you think by trying to bribe Professor Dunphy, you’d destroy my life just like that? No! I got your message very clearly but you’ve failed. Leave me alone, Giada. I am warning you. Leave me alone, you old hag.”

Giada felt a shiver go down her spine. Shit! She hadn’t expected him to find out. Damn that professor, she thought as her anger rose to the sky.

“As far as I know I haven’t done anything to you to deserve this.” He gasped. “And please, if you’ve got a problem with me leave my education out of it.”

“Now I know that you’re even more insane than that bitch!” Giada groaned. “I don’t have time for the likes of you.”

She started cat walking to her table, walking like a professional model on the runway.

“Please leave before I do something to you.”

“I am not leaving!” Eric said abruptly, following her behind. “And just what do you think, that by pulling this stunt you’re gonna cripple my mother. And that she’ll die due to heartache. Well, you’re very wrong because you’re not going to succeed. You might be far richer than us and anyone you’re trying to bribe but it won’t work.”

“Leave!”

“I am not going anywhere until my work here is done. Do you understand, you…”

But Eric didn’t even finish his sentence. What he felt was a hot slap across his cheek that made him take a step backward. He held his cheek angrily, raising his face to stare at the woman who was breathing like she was in labor. She was mad.

“I won’t have you talk to me like that, you bastard.” She snapped, pointing angrily at him. “I can be very dangerous sometimes so if I were you, I’d be running away from here.”

Eric removed his hand, chuckling bitterly. He started getting closer to the woman and just like a flash, he raised his hand and started directing it at the shocked looking woman. But…

“Eric!” An angry voice spoke from behind, making him stop in his tracks.

He dropped his hand furiously and took a glance behind. He saw an angry-looking man rushing towards him and he didn’t even know when a tear started rolling down his cheek. He was in so much pain.

The man was dressed beautifully in a gray tight designer’s suit with a white shirt and red necktie inside. He had pretty expensive white shoes on his feet and he was quite handsome if not for the fact that Eric was really mad at him.

He had caramel brown hair that was shaggy but extremely stylish. He was a man in his late 40s and handsome. Brice Sandoval was a man known in the business world as a tough business tycoon, really rich. He had about four huge companies where he was president and his wife was vice president. They were known as a power couple. And he was Eric’s dad, more like a pain in the ass.

“What do you think you’re doing Eric?” He yelled, rushing to his wife whom he held. “How dare you! What are you even doing here? Didn’t I make it clear to you that I don’t want you to step foot at any of my companies or my house? Were you just about to slap my wife? Aren’t you satisfied by the grief that you’ve already given my family?”

Eric had never felt so much pain in his life. This man was supposed to be his father and he was supposed to ask what the hell was going on instead of taking sides.

“What about the grief your wife has been giving to my family?” He yelled, feeling more tears running down his face. He quickly rubbed them.

“What?” Brice frowned. “What are you talking about? Why are you always trying to taint my wife’s name? What has she done this time?”

“She’s making trouble for my family. She came to my school and bribed my lecturers just so that she could have me fail all my courses and expelled.”

“What on earth are you saying? And why would I do that, huh?”

“Well, that’s why I came here because I want to know the reason.”

“How dare you!” Giada snapped, pointing angrily at him. “Who do you think you are and what do you have for me wanting to destroy? How dare you come to my office and accuse me of doing such a stupid thing. Let me remind you that my world does not revolve around you and your stupid mother. I have my own family to care for.”

“Really?” He chuckled bitterly. “Only a lowly woman like you can do such a thing because…”

“Eric!” Brice snapped. He was really mad. “How dare you talk to my wife like that? Who do you think you are, huh? How dare you step here and accuse her of your lies? You should be thanking this woman for…”

“What?” He gasped, looking at his father.

Eric was deeply hurt. The wound in his heart had just enlarged and it hurt like hell. He looked at his father, shaking his head in pain. “What would I gain from missing important classes and coming here to make trouble? Aren’t you supposed to be my father? Shouldn’t you be concerned about my wellbeing and my future here?”

Brice dropped his eyes furiously to the floor because he didn’t wanna stare into his son’s eyes. Somehow what his son had told him got to him.

Giada laughed, clapping while she went near him. “And now we’re playing the victim game and the emotional blackmail game.” She laughed. “Just look at him. All this is just some drama so that he could get some money from you. I can see it on his little broke face. Tell me, how much do you want? Ten million? Twenty million? A billion?” She barked.

Eric’s face was again wet with tears. He had expected his father to say something but he just remained there standing like a statue.

“You can keep your money because I don’t need it.” He said harshly. “Truly, you two deserve each other because you’re both very despicable and disgusting. I should have known that the man I have always considered my father is nothing but a coward. And as for you Giada, one day you’ll pay for this.”

“Get out!” Brice said with his fists clenched. “Get the fuck out of here right now. You’ve got no right to talk to us like that. Get out!” He gestured, pointing towards the door. “I will send you money but get out of here and don’t come back.”

Eric’s heart broke to pieces and he started bleeding. He had had previous encounters with his father but none was as bad as that. It shattered his heart and he could already feel the door for his father in his heart shutting down. He hated him so much.

“Get the fuck out!”

He covered his mouth as more tears decorated his face and ran away from there. Brice looked at his son and he felt terrible. Maybe he shouldn’t have talked to him like that.

“Giada, tell me the truth.” He muttered, looking at his wife. “Did you do it?”

Giada gasped in shock, her fingers touch her chest. “Moi? Honey, you know me very well. Why would I mess with a child’s education? I am not that type of person. Wait…” She paused and chuckled bitterly. “…don’t tell me you believe that liar over your wife.”

“No!” Brice took her hand and pulled her closer. “I am sorry, honey. Of course, I don’t believe him.”

Giada smiled and pulled her husband closer, resting her head on his chest. “I know you don’t because you love and our son. I love you so much, my love.”

“I love you too,” Brice said as his arms wrapped tightly around her.

But as she enjoyed his warm embrace, an evil grin appeared on her beautiful face. She had escaped that as always and she wasn’t gonna stop until his life was completely ruined.

Meanwhile, Eric rubbed his tears when he reached the elevator and started going to the ground floor. But the pain was still too much. Whatever his father and his stupid wife had done there had hurt him terribly.

‘I may be nothing to you, a nobody….’ He thought, clenching his fist. ‘…someone that you think you can step on, someone that you can dismiss and not care about. But a time is coming when you can no longer do those things to me. I will prove to you that you were wrong about me. I will become more than you thought I would be. I will make you regret everything that you’ve done to me. You’ll pay for all the pain.’

He suppressed his tears and just closed his eyes. He needed to get out of that place because it was getting to him already and if he stayed another second, he was afraid he was gonna suffocate there.

***

Eric was seated in the library quietly, busy with his work. He was really sad and his mood wasn’t right. Everything that had happened to him in the morning had taken a really big toll on him. When he had eventually come back to the campus, he had missed all his lectures because he knew he wasn’t gonna do anything productive.

So he did what he always did whenever his mood wasn’t right, sketch! He had a sketch pad where he did all his designs and they were pretty good. He had sold a couple of them to some companies at a brilliant price and they helped him and his mother. The car that he had, she had used part of his money to buy it in addition to hers. He was good at sketching and most of the shoes that he wore, he had sold the designs and got samples from them.

Eric just couldn’t wait to finish school, start working, and then save enough to start his own shoe company. Then no one was gonna treat him like trash and call him names.

Anyway, Eric was so engrossed in his work that he didn’t even see the handsome young hunk that approached him and stood on the other side of the table.

“Hi!”

Eric heard a sweet manly voice and he slowly raised his head to stare into really beautiful gray eyes and a gorgeous smile. The man was truly handsome but he didn’t care. He was dressed in a beautiful black shirt which was buttoned halfway and a white designer’s skinny jeans.

“Do you mind if I seat here with you?” The man asked.

Eric took a sigh. “Please, I wanna be alone right now.”

The man chuckled, taking a seat. “Can I be alone with you?”

To say he was shocked would be an understatement. He wasn’t in his right frame of mind.

“What?” He gasped. “Look…”

“Sergio!” He extended his hand. “My name is Sergio and I am just wondering why a beautiful angel like you is sitting alone. You seem like you could use some company.”

Eric chuckled bitterly. “Look, Sergio or whatever your name is, I am not interested in your company right now or in future. If I wanted to be in the company of someone, I would have gone out with my friends. I said I wanna be alone so please, can you respect that? Thank you very much.” He said harshly before going back to his pad.

Sergio raised his hands like he was surrendering. Truly, his friends hadn’t lied about the attitude of the boy. But he hadn’t seen a pretty face like that in a long while. The boy was truly an angel, looked young and very fresh.

“I didn’t mean to interfere!” Sergio chuckled. “But you see, I couldn’t help it. You are beautiful and I can’t lie to you. You’ve captured my heart and my soul. I feel like I should get to know you and…”

“Look, buddy…. I am not interested. Gat that?” He said, a little bit harshly. “I don’t want whatever you’re offering. Now beat it and try next door.”

“Well, I…”

“Okay, since you’ve decided to play deaf…” He furiously got up, closing his sketch pad. “I will excuse myself. You can enjoy your company.”

With those words, he got out of there leaving Sergio smiling and checking him out as he went. He had a nice body too, a body that he was gonna tap too.

“You can play hard to get all you want.” He chuckled evilly. “But I will not give up. I am gonna have you sooner or later.”

***

“She what?” Riya gasped, shaking her head angrily. “How dare that witch follow you here to play this stunt? Just who does she think she is?”

“More than a witch if you ask me.” Smith chuckled bitterly, sounding extremely angry. “I mean, doesn’t she have anything better to do than meddle in your life always. You’re just so lucky that the professors we have at this university are more interested in passing than money. Otherwise….”

“Nothing would have happened,” Riya said harshly, taking ahold of Eric’s hands. “You should have taken me with you. I would have shown that woman a dose of her medicine. What nonsense? Is it a crime to be related to that monster indirectly?”

“Forget about her,” Eric said softly. “It doesn’t matter anyway.”

They were at Eric’s place and it was already evening. His mood was still foul and he didn’t know what he was gonna do.

“Have you told Aunt Laurel about this?”

“What?” Eric chuckled bitterly, rising from the couch. “And tell her what? I don’t want my mother to even find out that she knows that I am at this school. Mommy has been through a lot with that woman. She’ll just worry about me unnecessarily.

“You’re probably right,” Riya muttered. “But we can’t just let her get away with it. We’re the dragon squad, right? Anyone that messes with us will get a taste of the dragon fire.”

Dragon squad was something that Riya had come up with for their group when they were in high school. It sounded cool and Eric hadn’t heard that word in a long while.

“Yeah! But it’s better to forget about her for now.”

“And what about your father?” Smith asked. “What did he say?”

Eric chuckled bitterly, feeling the pain settling in his heart. “He didn’t do anything. He almost slapped me, yelled at me, and told me to get the fuck out of his company. He doesn’t want to see me anywhere near his properties.”

Riya had her mouth covered and Smith was feeling terrible.

“That son of a bitch!”

“Smith?” Riya groaned.

“What?” He shrugged. “Everybody here is probably thinking it.”

Eric smiled sheepishly, running his fingers through his hair.

“But I don’t want to talk about him or his family. I just want to forget about everything and move on. My life doesn’t revolve around them.”

He smiled brightly and went to sit with Riya, wrapping his arm around her. “So tell me, what’s up? What do you have for me?”

“Well, I was thinking…” Riya chuckled. Her goal now was to make him feel better. “…why don’t we go shopping and probably grab some ice cream tomorrow since we’re free the whole afternoon.”

“Shopping and ice cream?” Eric wondered, rubbing on his hairless chin. “I’m in. We can even go the whole afternoon if you want. You know those are two of my favorite things.”

“Cool!” Smith smiled. “So what’s for dinner? I am starving.”

Eric raised an eyebrow. “Whoa, dude… you’re gonna have to start cooking because I didn’t buy any fast foods. You know I don’t like fast food. Just go in the kitchen and grab anything you’ll find there. Riya and I will try and fix dinner for the three of us.”

“Yes, sir!” Smith said as he rushed out of there to the kitchen.

Eric’s mood had been lifted a bit and he felt really happy. At least, despite everything that had happened, he still had his friends to make him happy. Now all he had to do was focus on his education to better his life.

***

Giada was seated in the pool area in just a bikini with a towel wrapped around her waist. Her hair was wet because she had been swimming after a long and tiresome day at her office. She was holding a glass of cocktail and she had a brilliant smile on her face. Her house was a huge mansion that fit a queen with 32 bedrooms and three elevators. It had all the luxuries that she could ever want in life and she wasn’t gonna give it up for anything in the world. She had a loving husband, a beautiful son, and a luxurious wife. What else could she ever ask for?

As she was busy smiling, she heard her phone ring and she didn’t waste any time answering it.

“Hello!”

‘Ma’am!’ It was one of her men.

“Any news?” She answered. “Did you get successful with any of them?”

‘No, ma’am!’ The man spoke in a deep manly voice. ‘I failed. No matter how much money I offered to them, none of them accepted it. They all said that Eric is the brightest student they’ve ever taught. It would be a sin to ruin his future like that.’

Giada groaned, furiously rising from the pool chair. “Damn those old crocks.” She snapped. “They’re making my plans unsuccessful. I can’t have that boy graduate otherwise, he’ll be a thorn in my flesh. What about that bitch? Has she been meeting with my husband?”

‘Once in a while! But I don’t think they’ve got anything going on between them. Their meetings are usually short and they don’t meet in private places.’

“I don’t care. That woman is very smart just like her son. Keep an eye on her and if you see anything suspicious, don’t forget to inform me.”

‘Alright, ma’am.’

Giada cut the call and put the phone on the table. She couldn’t believe that everything that she’d been planning against Eric and his mother had been futile. She was really scared that if it continued like that, it was gonna be bad.

‘I won’t let you succeed.’ She vowed, clenching her fists. ‘I have come a long way and I won’t stop. I will not share my husband and neither will I share the father of my child. It just can’t be done. I am Giada Sandoval and I never give up on anything.’

***

7 years ago

*

Giada was rushing down the stairs, feeling mad and irritated. Her husband was right behind and she didn’t want him following her.

“Giada, please wait!” Brice pulled her arm.

Giada furiously turned and gave him a tight slap. “How dare you, Brice? How dare you cheat on me with… with some classless woman who… who isn’t even fit to be my maid? How dare you!”

“I am sorry.” Brice put his hands together, getting closer to her. “I don’t know what came over me, I swear. I love you.”

“You love me?” Giada chuckled bitterly, a tear going down her cheek. “What fucking love are you talking about? How long has this been going on? You kept me and your son away from you and you were lying that work has been keeping you here? But you’ve been fucking living with a woman. You have a 10-year-old bastard with her.”

“It was a mistake.” Brice pleaded, taking her hand but she quickly withdrew it.

“A mistake? A mistake?” She barked. “I can’t believe I have been a fool. What was I lacking, Brice? What did you see in her?”

Brice was quiet which made Giada mad. She wanted to slap his head off.

“And what are you gonna tell me next, that you love her? That you wanna be with her and that bastard son of hers?”

Brice shook his head. “Please…”

“Now you listen to me!” She warned. “Don’t forget that you’re where you are because of my father. You only started this business of yours because of my father, his money, and his influence. You were nothing when I met you. My family trained you in the university and gave you everything that you needed. Always remember that I made you and I can destroy you just like that.” She snapped her finger in his face.

She could from Bruce’s expression that he was scared.

“I love you so much and I cannot share you with any other woman.” She yelled. “My son cannot share his father. I won’t let that happen so I will give you an ultimatum.”

Brice raised his face and he instantly began sweating.

“You can either choose that woman and her son, forget about me and your legitimate 13 year old son. And you can also forget about your companies, riches and influence.” She said with tears in her eyes. “Or…”

“What are you saying, my love?” Brice took her hands and started placing kisses all over them. “Of course, you know that I love you so much. I choose you. I’d choose you a billion times over. What Laurel and I have is nothing but a stupid…”

“Then forget about her and that bastard son of yours.” She chimed in, her voice rising. “Forget about the life you live with them and return home. I will be moving here with my son. We’ll run the business together and we’ll rise together.”

A tear went down Brice’s cheek and he gasped. “I can forget about Laurel but what about my son? He’s my flesh and blood too and…”

“Forget about him. I don’t care.” She yelled. “She can pin him on any man she wants but you’re mine and I won’t share you. You brought this upon yourself.”

“Okay… okay…” Brice nodded. “I will agree to your terms but… all I am asking for is just to at least support my son. He needs my support.”

Giada looked at her pleading husband and she sighed. “Fine!” She said angrily. “But my son will get all your love.”

He nodded. “Thank you so much, my love!” He gripped her into a tight hug. “I will make it up to you. I’ll be the best husband ever.”

Giada held him tighter, an evil grin appearing on her face. “Of course, you will.”

She knew she had won and although she had agreed to her husband proving support to his legitimate son, she was gonna take all the love away from him. She was gonna destroy his life.

***

“What are you doing here?” Laurel snapped, pointing towards the door. “Get the hell out of here.”

Giada looked at the woman from head to toe and then the house she was standing in. Man, it leaked and she slightly covered her nose.

“Honestly, I don’t know what my husband saw in you.” She glowered. “I don’t even know what category of class you are in. Just take a good look at yourself and the place you live in.”

“Get out of here, Giada!” Laurel yelled. “Your husband is not here if he is the one you’re looking for. He left a long time ago.”

“Oh, so you even know my name.” Giada laughed bitterly. “Are you not ashamed of yourself? Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to play with other people’s husbands? You knew he was married and yet you continued your disgusting relationship with him.”

“Get out of here!” Laurel shouted. “Please!”

“What?” She teased. “Is it too much for you to hear that you are a mistress? That’s what you are, a mistress!” She yelled in her face.

“Get out!” Laurel shouted, tears flooding her face. “Please, get out of my house.”

She made the mistake of pushing Giada and that made Giada mad. She groaned angrily, gripped the woman by the neck, and pinned her on the wall, literally choking the life out of her.

“How dare you touch me with your filthy hands!” Giada barked. “Don’t you ever touch me again? Just because I am talking to you like this doesn’t mean I am weak, you stupid mistress.”

Laurel tried to set herself free but Giada was stronger. She gripped her hair, pulling on it harder. The cries from the woman only made Giada smile like an evil queen from a fairytale.

“I am a very dangerous woman and I am capable of murder. Stay away from my husband or else, you’re gonna pay with your life.”

With those words, Giada threw the stupid woman to the floor furiously with a thud. Laurel gave a loud cry and she held her stomach, lying in fetal position. She was crying at the top of her voice, acting like a child.

Giada wanted to say something but she got scared when she realized that Laurel was bleeding. The white skirt that she was putting on was stained with fresh blood and the spot was getting bigger and bigger on the backside.

Giada’s breaths became harsh and she began trembling. In just seconds, the bloodstain had become huge and she could already see the blood on the floor. Shit! That was when she realized that Laurel was pregnant. Throwing her on the floor had caused that. She could see from the facial expression that the woman was in so much pain.

“No!” Laurel cried at the top of her voice. The fear that Giada got made her weak. “No! My baby! Please, not my baby.”

Giada knew that she had to flee. She quickly grabbed her bag and left as quickly as she could. Even as she was outside, she could hear the woman’s painful cries.

***

Present-day

*

Giada took a sip of her cocktail as she grinned evilly.

“I have come a long way to just give up like that.” She muttered, playing with her glass. “I will never allow you to become a thorn. You and your son can go to hell for all I care.”

She chuckled bitterly, biting her lip. She had just begun.

***

Eric and his friends were laughing, having the time of their lives. They had already reached their destination that afternoon and they were rushing to their favorite designer shop which had the best clothes and shoes that they would ever need.

As they were headed to their favorite shop, Eric wasn’t even paying attention. He was busy looking at his phone when all of a sudden, someone gripped his hand. He gasped, quickly raising his head to stare into the face of a handsome smiling man. He was taller than him, with dark eyes, and a cute smile. He was muscular too and had short dark hair.

He was dressed beautifully in an expensive black designer’s shirt that was tucked in black trousers with black shoes on his feet.

“Diego!” Eric chuckled nervously. “How are you?”

“I am more than fine now that I have seen you.” Diego chuckled, giving Eric a peck on the cheek. “How have you been? I have been trying to call you but your line doesn’t go through.”

“Network problems!” Eric lied. “But I have fine. It’s good to see you too.”

“We both stay on campus but we don’t see each other. How strange is that?”

“Well, you’re in your third year.” Eric didn’t wanna sound rude. “And you’re from the school of engineering. Zelda University is also very big and we have different timetables.”

“You’re probably right. Anyway,” He cleared his throat. “I just want to invite you for dinner this Saturday.”

“Dinner?” Eric raised an eyebrow.

“Okay!” Diego raised his hands, chuckling nervously. “A date.”

“A date?” Eric asked. “Well, I’ll have to check my schedule. On second thought, I think I have some school activities on Saturday so I won’t be free.”

“Well, I will still wait for you so… just in case you have some time off you could come.” Diego nodded.

Eric smiled. “I am sorry!”

And then he just grinned and started walking away from there, leaving the guy looking like an idiot. He just glanced in Eric’s direction and shook his head. But he didn’t miss that ass in that tight brown skinny jeans that Eric was wearing. Shit! If only he could have his hands on that body.

“Seriously, I don’t understand why you entertain him,” Riya commented, making sure her voice was really low. “He’s really rude and so full of himself. He thinks that he can get any person he wants.”

Eric chuckled. “Err… because his mother and my mother are friends! She introduced both of us so in his mind, we’re friends. That’s the reason why I tolerate him. We’re friends.”

“Friends?” Smith laughed. “Maybe for you but for him, boy, he needs to get in your pants. Trust me on that one. I know what I am saying.”

“Well, that’s a dream he’s gonna have to live with,” Eric said, smiling like an evil genius. “I don’t have time for the likes of him and I don’t like him that way. Anyway, why are we even talking about him? Let’s just go shopping!” He giggled.

The three friends laughed and went inside their favorite shop. They were welcomed wonderfully by the workers there and they went on with their business.

Eric was always so excited when he went shopping. But then again, he was always so confused because he had no idea what to buy. When he was home, he usually went shopping with his mother. She had the best taste when it came to his clothes.

He was choosing from a variety of shirts that he liked and skinny jeans that took his mind away. They were all so beautiful and he wanted to try them on. Eric took out a beautiful yellow shirt and a black ripped skinny pair of jean that he loved and went straight to the dressing room. He came back out and although they’d fit him perfectly, he wanted to check himself out.

He stood in front of a huge mirror and checked himself out. He looked amazing but he needed a second opinion, from his friends. He opened his mouth to ask but….

“Wow! You look amazing and sexy!” Came a deep voice.

Eric smiled. “Thank….”

But he didn’t finish his sentence because soon as he turned, he just got the bad luck of staring into a familiar face, very handsome and wearing a smile just like the first time he’d met him. His gray eyes were piercing right through him. Eric lost the smile on his face, taking a deep sigh.

He took a quick turn and started walking away from the guy to where his friends were.

“Wait, wait a minute!” Sergio rushed to him, holding his arm. “It was just a comment, come on. You’re really beautiful no matter what you wear. You can even rock it in rugs.”

Eric rolled his eyes, releasing his arm. “Thanks but I don’t need your opinion, okay.” Then he folded his arms on his chest. “Wait a minute, did you follow me here?”

“What?” Sergio chuckled nervously. “Me? Of course not. I came shopping as well. But what can I do when the universe always brings me close to you, mi senor?”

“I am not interested in the universe or you,” Eric said rudely. “You can go and use your charming words on someone else because honestly, they don’t work on me.”

“Well, they might start if you gave me a chance,” Sergio said, giving that seductive smile that he always used on guys. “Just give me one chance, a date perhaps. You might just find out that I am the guy for you, your soul mate.”

Eric laughed, holding his chest. “That’s an expensive dream. But anyway, it can only be a dream. Just a dream.”

He flipped his hair sexily, turned, and walked away from the guy with a teasing smile on his face. Sergio wasn’t surprised. It just got him excited the more. He was now even more determined to win the bet. He never took no for an answer.

Eric went to his friends who were busy choosing their clothes carefully.

“Hmm…” Riya teased, slightly pushing him with her shoulder. “…I saw that, Mr. sexy Sandoval. Who was that hunk you were talking to?”

Eric glanced in the direction of the guy who was now checking out some jeans. Both of their eyes locked and the idiot winked at him. Eric ripped his eyes away and looked at Riya, smiling sheepishly at her. He couldn’t deny the fact that Sergio was probably the most handsome guy he’d ever set his eyes on.

“No one!” He said. “He’s just some idiot that was disturbing me. But you know me and guys.”

Riya glanced in the direction of the guy and he waved at her. She couldn’t help but smile.

“He seems nice!”

“I don’t care,” Eric said abruptly. “He’s an idiot.”

“A handsome one for that matter. Just look at that smile and that face.”

“Riya!” He snapped, taking a deep breath. “Can we please change the subject?”

Riya raised her hands like she was surrendering. “Anyway, those clothes look pretty good on you. I like the combination. You should get them?”

“Really?” Eric smiled, checking himself in the mirror.

“Yeah!” She said as she raised her hand towards smith. “Coming! I don’t know why you boys can’t just choose your clothes. I’ll be back.”

She quickly left.

Eric remained to check his sexy self in the mirror, checking that everything was okay. Riya was right. He was gonna get them. Now he had to look for something that was gonna look great on him too.

He was about to turn when suddenly, a red cloth appeared right in front of him. It was a beautiful red t-shirt and it was really beautiful. He smiled when he saw it.

“Oh my God,” He chuckled. “Where did you get this? It’s beautiful!” He took it from the hands, checking it out. “Wow!”

“I am glad you like it!”

Eric froze when he heard that deep manly voice. Smith didn’t have that kind of voice. He quickly turned and found Sergio staring at him with his arms folded, wearing his usual smile. He lost the smile on his face and just got a bit mad.

“What do you think you’re doing following me around?”

“Relax!” Sergio shook his head. “I just saw that and I knew it would look good on you. Why don’t you try it on since you...”

“On second thought…” He angrily threw the shirt at Sergio. “…I don’t like it. It looks ugly and classless just like you.”

Sergio laughed when he heard the boy’s words. “Are you sure about that? Okay, tell me…” He got closer but the boy took a step backward. “…why don’t you tell me the kind of guy that you like? I can become that guy for you.”

“I don’t like guys. Now, will you leave me alone?”

He tried to leave but Sergio pulled him back and just like a flash, he found himself staring into the guy’s eyes. They were so close that he could feel his hot breaths on his face. Something about that closeness made Eric weak and his heart began racing. It was like someone had just poured ice-cold water on him. He could feel strange sensations take control of him.

Sergio on the other hand felt a sweet sensation go through his entire body. Now that he was close enough to the boy, he suddenly got to see that he was even more beautiful than he had ever thought. Those beautiful blue eyes that pierced through… the beautiful pink lips that made Sergio’s lips to tremble in need and his body to catch fire that he didn’t know how to quench.

“You’re more than beautiful!” Sergio muttered without even realizing he said something.

Eric wanted to move away but something had him grounded there, something more powerful than him.

Eric’s hand trembled as he moved it up to caress the boy’s cheek. The moment his hand reached Eric’s face, Eric became conscious and he gasped in shock, his mouth gaping. He couldn’t believe Sergio had done that to him. How could he allow him to get so close?

He furiously pushed him, raised his hand furiously, and started directing it at him. He wasn’t gonna back off.

“How dare…”

But he got shocked when Sergio held his hand instead but not powerfully but sweetly. Then he did something even crazier. He began caressing the hand, smiling like he usually did.

“Wow, your hands are so soft and sweet.” He began leaning to kiss it but Eric pulled it away quickly, taking a step backward. He was breathing harshly, almost panting.

“Don’t you dare touch me!” He warned, pointing angrily at him. “Why don’t you concentrate on your business and leave me alone?”

With those words, he quickly turned and went away from the guy without even looking behind at the guy that had an evil grin on his face. He went to his friends and just stood still, feeling a bit of anger taking the best of him.

“Hey! Why do you look pale?” Smith asked, a frown appearing on his face. “And you’re also a bit sweaty. Are you okay?”

“What?” Eric chuckled nervously, shaking his head. “Of… of course, I am absolutely fine. I am just maybe… may be feeling a bit chilly.”

“Chilly?” Riya raised her eyebrow. “In this hot weather, come on.”

“Yeah, but I am fine.”

“Alright.” She smiled as she got closer to him. She had a beautiful orange t-shirt with black jeans with her. She handed them to him. “Here! I think these will look wonderful on you. Why don’t you try them on?”

Eric looked at the clothes and smiled. “Of course, they’ll look nice. Nothing you…”

“I said try them on!”

Eric chuckled teasingly. “Yes, ma’am!”

He left chuckling to go and try them on. However, when he reached the dressing rooms, he tried several of them and found that they were occupied. Lucky for him, there was one vacant dressing room. He took a deep breath and rushed inside, locking it behind him. However, when Eric turned to start undressing, he got probably the greatest shock of his life.

His heart stopped beating and he held his breaths, eyes almost popping out of his sockets. Shit! There was someone. A man that was getting undressed. His shirt was off and he was taking off his trousers. He had only a tight black boxer brief on. Eric’s heart then began pounding violently and his breaths became harsh. He dropped the clothes on the floor and took a step backward but he hit the door with a thud, alerting the man.

The man quickly turned and added to the shock that Eric was already in. It was Sergio and he was only in his boxer brief. Eric’s eyes widened even more as he began tracing Sergio’s body to his crotch. But before he saw anything, the guy quickly covered it with his hands.

Sergio was in so much shock and that look on his face couldn’t even explain it. He had thought he had locked the door when he came to try the clothes on. Then how the fuck did Eric get inside. His heart was racing and he felt cold. The boy was visibly shocked.

“What… what… what…” Eric did even know what to say.

“What are you doing here?” both of them asked at the same time.

“What am I doing here?” Eric gasped. “What are you doing here? Get out!”

“Excuse me!” Sergio chuckled bitterly. “Are you for real? You found me in here. Were you trying to peep at me when I was getting undressed?”

“You’re insane!” Eric grimaced. “I came here to try…”

“Oh, I get it!” Sergio slowly nodded, getting closer to the boy who was praying for the ground to just open up and swallow the idiot. “I remember seeing you looking at me when I was getting the clothes I wanted. You wanted to check out my body so you made sure I came in here and followed me so that you could check me out! Well, I am not a stingy person.” He teased, getting even closer. Eric could feel his heart in his throat. “I will show you.”

He removed his hands from his crotch quickly but Eric covered his eyes as quickly as he could. He didn’t want to see anything.

“You’re insane!” Eric barked. “All the dressing rooms were occupied. This was the only one that I thought was unoccupied but unfortunately, you’re insane. Who even goes into a dressing room without locking it?”

Sergio chuckled. “My dressing room, my choice. I can choose to lock it or not.”

Eric tried to move but he could feel Sergio’s heat and he knew the guy was close to him.

“Can you get dressed or something?” Eric said angrily. “Please!”

“Well, we’re both here already and I feel so lucky.” He teased. “Being locked up with a beauty like you in here is a dream come true. I don’t mind sharing. Both of us can change in here and maybe…” He chuckled like he’d won a grand prize. “…I can get a kiss for being so generous.”

Eric groaned angrily, pushing the guy away. He quickly unlocked the door and got out, breathing like he’d just escaped from a predator. Sergio on the other hand placed his hands on his hips, smiling sexily and seductively.

‘You might be tough, Eric!’ He thought. ‘But very soon, you’re gonna submit to me. I am gonna win this game whether you like it or not!’

***

“Thank you so much!” Riya said, smiling at the cute waiter that had just brought their food. They were already done with shopping and they’d bought a whole lot of things. “Wow, this looks so yummy!”

She raised her head to talk to her friends but she noticed that only one of them was in the real world. The other one, not so much. She snapped her finger in his face and he gasped, smiling sheepishly.

“Don’t even give me that fake smile!” Riya warned, pointing at him. “What’s wrong with you? Ever since you talked to that guy, you’ve not been yourself.”

“What?” Eric gasped, taking a spoon from the table. He took a scoop of the soup to taste it but got the shock of his life when he realized he was holding a folk instead. Shit! This was all that stupid guy’s fault, he thought as he smiled at his friend. “I wasn’t looking when I was getting it. Don’t bother yourself with me. I am absolutely fine!”

Riya raised her eyebrow. “And what happened to the clothes I asked you to try on? I know you didn’t buy them.”

“I… well, err…. They were a little too tight.” He lied. He didn’t wanna tell his friends what had happened in the dressing room because they were gonna be making fun of him. “I left them since I didn’t even like them that much.”

He took his soup and started taking it. The only thing in his mind was seeing Sergio naked, that hot hairy body being close and all the words he had used on him. It was making him all so mad but also, he had derived joy in what had happened. Shit! That had never happened before. Eric was busy having his lunch when all of a sudden…

“Hello, guys!”

He simply froze when he heard that familiar voice. He quickly raised his head to find Sergio staring right at him with a smile on his face. He was holding a tray of food. Eric ripped his eyes away from the guy, gripping the spoon harder. Shit! It was like the guy was haunting him.

“Hi!” Both Eric and Smith said happily.

“Do you guys mind if I seat with you?” Sergio asked but he didn’t tear his eyes away from the beautiful boy. “I don’t wanna sit alone.”

“Err…. No problem.” Riya said, eyeing the guy. She didn’t wanna admit it but he was the most handsome guy that she had ever set her eyes on aside from Eric of course. He was even more handsome than her boyfriend, unfortunately. “You can seat. We’ve got a lot of space.”

“Thanks!”

He took a seat next to Eric, making sure that they were closer. He could already tell that Eric was getting mad but that was what made the whole thing beautiful.

“Sorry for asking,” Riya said. “But I didn’t get your name.”

“Oh!” Sergio chuckled happily. “It’s Sergio.”

“Sergio!” Smith gasped, his eyes widening. “The Sergio from Zelda University?”

“The one and only.” He opened his arms widely.

Smith and Riya looked at each other before staring at the handsome man in front of them. Eric on the other hand was just eating his food. He wasn’t interested in whatever they were talking about.

“Oh my God,” Riya’s excitement just tripled. “I can’t believe I am sitting with Sergio Alvarado. Dude, you’re like the most famous guy at our school. And you’re very handsome too.”

Sergio giggled. “Thanks a lot.”

“Wow!” Smith shook his head. “Dude, you’re like my idol.”

“Wow… I… I am flattered. Thanks so much.”

“Wow!” Riya couldn’t believe it. “You’ve no idea how long I have been dreaming of a moment like this. My name is Riya and this is Smith…” She gestured. “…and that over there is…”

“Eric!” Sergio said softly, grinning at the young man. “I know. He’s most beautiful person I have set my eyes on, an angel!”

Eric felt his anger building but he didn’t wanna talk to the guy.

“Oh my God, I am stupid for asking this but…” Riya paused and gulped. “…are you single?”

Sergio took in a deep breath. The idiot was still staring at Eric and Eric could feel his eyes on him.

“Yes, I am…” He muttered. “…but I was hoping your friend here would take away my singleness. If I want to end my bachelorhood, I want it to be with him. What do you say, Eric? Will you give me a chance, please? All I am asking for is just one chance.”

Eric groaned, hitting on the table furiously. “You don’t give up, do you?”

Sergio shook his head teasingly. “Nope! Not when I have found what I have been searching for, what my heart desires.”

Eric rolled his eyes. “I am not interested. And please, leave me alone because I am not available.”

“Well, can’t you make an exception?” Sergio leaned on his arm. “All I need is just one word, yes!”

“No!” Eric made it sound so rude. “Get that into your thick skull. I am not interested in your proposal. Why is it so hard to understand that?”

“And why is it so hard to understand me, Eric?” Sergio moaned. “I can’t get you off my mind since the first time I saw you. I have tried but you’re the only one that I want, the final puzzle piece of my heart. Without…”

“Enough with the lecture!” Eric furiously got up, breathing harshly. “I am not interested in your proposal and you better leave me alone, do you understand? Why is it so difficult for you to get that? I am not interested in you or any other guy. Get the fuck off my back.”

He angrily picked up his bags and stormed out of there, leaving Sergio smiling as if he hadn’t been rejected.

“I am so sorry about that.” Riya apologized, losing the smile on her face. “I hope you didn’t take offense in that. Eric is just a little tough when it comes to relationships or guys approaching him. I am truly sorry for that.”

“I know.” Sergio chuckled. “But that’s what makes me even more motivated. I want to make him mine and make him happy. I wanna break that wall around him.”

Riya smiled because she could already see through the guy. He seemed genuine. “Many guys have tried, but none has succeeded, Sergio. Maybe…”

“No, I am sure of my feelings. I won’t give up on him.”

Riya smiled, getting off her seat together with Smith. “I am sorry but we’ve got to go. It was a pleasure meeting you.”

“The pleasure is all mine,” Sergio said as he took a small card from his pocket, handing it over to Riya. “That’s my number over there. Call me sometimes.”

Riya glanced at it and smiled. “I will. Goodbye!”

Sergio waved as the two friends left. It wasn’t a really bad day. He had had fun with the beautiful boy and though he wasn’t going anywhere with the boy, what he knew was that he wasn’t gonna give up.

***

Eric threw the bags on the couch and he had no idea why he was just so upset. His day had been ruined and it was all because of Sergio. Why couldn’t the guy leave him alone? It had only been four days since he met the guy and he was already becoming such a pain in the behind.

“Was all that necessary?” Riya asked as soon as she came inside. “You shouldn’t have talked to Sergio like that. The guy was just being truthful.”

“Truthful?” Eric chuckled bitterly, shaking his head. “Can you hear yourself right now? You’re saying all this about a guy you barely know.”

“I know that I don’t know him… that well. But I saw through him.” Riya said calmly. “Unlike all those guys that approach you, Sergio doesn’t boast about being rich although he’s like one of the richest guys in school. He doesn’t look rude although he has every reason to. And despite how rude you spoke to him, he’s still willing to pursue you. He likes you.”

“He likes me? No, he doesn’t.” Eric yelled. “We both know what that guy wants from me. When he eventually has it, he’ll go away. That’s what all those idiots are always looking for. But I am not that stupid to believe him. I am not gonna fall for his lies or anyone’s lies ever again. You don’t know these guys. They can pretend just to get what they want.”

Riya sighed, rubbing her face. “You judge him too harshly, Eric. Just because your past relationship ended up terribly and the man you loved betrayed you after you gave him everything… doesn’t mean that every man is like that. It’s been two years.” She gestured. “Two freaking years since that son of a bitch left. Surely, your wounds should heal by now, right. Give love a chance. Give Sergio a chance.”

Eric had tears in his eyes. “No!” He said softly. “I will not open my heart to any man again. Bastards! That’s what they all are. They can never be trusted.”

Riya took his hands and smiled. “You’re very beautiful, Eric! And I am proud of how strong you are despite what you go through. You’re like a brother to me and I love you so much. I know one of the reasons why it’s so difficult to trust is because of what you’ve seen your parents go through.”

Eric had tears in his eyes. “I love you too, Riya. I love you so much. But you’ve got to understand me on this.” He sighed. “I can’t. I just can’t.”

“I know you’ll get through this. I am right here with you.” She leaned forward and kissed his cheek. “Goodnight, my good brother.”

“Goodnight!” Eric muttered.

Riya waved at him and she left.

Eric sighed, running his fingers through his hair. He had no idea why he was feeling so stressed and restless. He slowly walked to the balcony, enjoying the cool air that blew on him. The moon was bright that night and everywhere was quiet except for the noise from the cars that passed on the nearby road.

‘If I had to choose a life, I wouldn’t choose this life that I live.’ He thought as he rubbed on his arms, trying to make himself warm. ‘I would choose a life without all these troubles, pains, and sufferings. I may be considered a rich kid, someone who has it all… but no one knows the amount of sorrow I go through.’

Eric just remained standing there, watching the night sky. It was so beautiful and it made him smile.

***

“Whoa! Look who just arrived.” Steve said as soon as he spotted Sergio coming inside with a small bag. “We missed you. Where did you go the entire day?”

“Shopping!” Sergio chuckled happily, carefully putting the bag on the floor. “I had a whole lot of fun today.”

“Fun?” Henry chuckled teasingly as he came into the living room with a cup of coffee. “How’s it going with Eric? Did you get any luck with him yet? It’s been three days already and you haven’t said anything. Are you afraid of him?” He laughed.

“On the contrary, I am getting closer to him,” Sergio said with a satisfying smile. “It won’t be long before he eventually gives in to me?”

“In your dreams, dude!” Henry laughed. “I bet he brushed you off before you could even get closer.”

“Is that what you think?” Sergio shook his head. “I think I am far luckier than you when it comes to relationships. I might not have him now but… but I can assure you right now that I got closer than you ever did and I didn’t even get slapped. I was just with him almost the entire afternoon and I have never had as much fun as I did today.”

“What?” Steve gasped, his eyes widening. “That’s a lie, dude? There’s no possible way you could be this close already.”

“I have my ways.” Sergio sat on the couch like a boss as images of what had happened in the dressing room started forming slowly.

“He’s lying!” Henry chuckled. “Can’t you see through him?”

Sergio laughed. “Oh come on, dude! You’re allowed to think whatever you want. Unlike you, I don’t give up so easily. Now I am even more determined to pursue him that he partially saw me naked.”

“What?” Both guys gasped.

“Yep! We shared the dressing room, literally.”

“What?” Henry lost the smile on his face. “That’s impossible!”

“To you, yeah! But when you’ve been in the game for too long, you know all the strategies to make the grand prize come to you.”

“Serious, dude!” Steve sat closer to Sergio, resting his hands on his thigh. “Tell me what had happened. I am dying of…”

“A gentleman never kisses and tells.” He chuckled, getting off the couch. “I have had a long and fun day. Let me go and freshen up and maybe, I might just be in a good mood to tell you all about it.”

He left the living room laughing, ignoring the calls from his two best friends. He enjoyed teasing them and he knew very well just how much they wanted to hear what had happened.

*

“Hey, baby…” Sergio said happily. “…how are you doing today?”

‘I am just hanging, there.’ Trev sighed on the other end.

Sergio didn’t need to be a genius to know just how sad he was. He could already feel it. “My love, you’re sad again. I have already told you that everything is gonna be just fine. You’re only remaining with a year to finish your course and after that, we’re gonna be together forever. Our wedding will be the grandest wedding of the century.”

Trev chuckled on the other end of the line. ‘You’ve got no idea how many hours I spend just daydreaming about that. Mr. Trevor Alvarado. I just can’t wait to be called that. I… I know it will happen soon but I feel sad because every day that passes… my lips get drier from missing your kisses. I feel like my body is in flames and it needs your touch. I want to feel you inside me once again.’ Then he chuckled happily, sniveling. ‘Do you remember the first time we kissed?’

Sergio took a deep breath, biting his lips. “Of course, how can I forget one of the best moments of my life? I remember the two of us coming from a date and then… I kissed you. My body was on fire that day. I kept on thinking about you the entire night. I was horny the entire night!”

‘And what about the first time we made love? Do you remember that?’

“Every day of my life,” Sergio added. “I always think about it when I am missing you. That was the moment I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much.”

‘Oh…’ Trev moaned on the other end, taking a deep sigh. ‘…I love you more, baby, and I can’t wait for this semester to come to an end so that I can come and kiss those sweet lips of yours. And guess what my love?’

“What?”

‘A shooting star just passed and I have made a wish.’

“What did you wish for?”

‘That every day, it will just be like this, us getting closer and missing each other whether we’re apart or closer. That our lives be tied together even when we’re reborn. If there’s a life after this, I just wanna have you as my baby.’

“The feeling is mutual, my love. I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else. You’re the best for me!”

Trev was quiet on the other end. Sergio knew the man was smiling.

“I wish I could see that smile on your face. I wish I could see what you’re wearing today and how sexy you’re looking.”

‘I will send you a picture after this.’ He giggled. ‘And then later tonight, we might video chat. By the way, how’s mother?’

Trev always referred to Sergio’s mother like that since they were close. Both their parents knew about their relationship and were also happy about it. They were even happier that the two had decided to get hitched.

“She’s very fine and she was sending her regards.”

‘I will call her after this call.’ Trev said. ‘I love you so much, baby.’

“Love you too.”

As soon as the call cut, Sergio received a picture as promised. As soon as he set his eyes on that face, he couldn’t help but smile. He was filled with joy that swept him off his feet. His boyfriend was looking sexy with his tongue stuck out and that skin glowing like diamonds. Shit! If only he could put his tongue on that body, he would lick it like there was no tomorrow.

As he was staring at that picture, wild thoughts started appearing in his mind and he felt his cock respond. Hmm, he always got horny whenever he saw his boyfriend’s picture or any part of him. He couldn’t wait to kiss those juicy lips and make sweet love to him.

“Always my baby.”

He placed a kiss on the picture, taking in a deep breath. He held the phone closer to his chest and fell onto the bed. He lay there just thinking about his boyfriend. But then his mind diverted to thinking about Eric and what his next plans were. He couldn’t believe he was having fun with what was going on.

***

“Of course, mommy, my lectures are all done today.” He said as he got out of the elevator.

‘Would you like to have lunch with me?’ She asked softly on the other end. ‘I miss you so much, my baby.’

“Err…. Mommy, I….”

‘I’ll come and pick you up since I am near the school anyway.’ She said happily. ‘You’ll find me in the car park.’

“Alright, mommy!”

Eric got excited when he heard that he was gonna see his mother shortly after he had been with her. He had missed her so much. He was so excited and he started rushing towards the exit. But before he even reached there, he got another surprise.

Sergio just got out of nowhere and came in front of him. He was holding a big bouquet, smiling at him as usual. He was dressed beautifully in a pink designer’s shirt that was tucked in a black skinny jean with pretty white snickers on his feet and a black blazer. He was looking handsome.

“What are you doing here?” Eric asked, taking a few steps backward.

Sergio chuckled nervously. “I haven’t seen you the whole day, beautiful!” He said as he got closer. He loved the expression on the boy’s face. “I thought I’d bring you something beautiful.”

“How did you find me?” Eric gasped. “What do you want from me? Don’t you know when to give up?”

“I want you!” Sergio said softly, getting even closer. “I won’t give up because, in you, I see my soulmate, baby. All I am asking for is a chance to be with you.”

“I don’t want to be with you,” Eric said harshly. “Leave me alone!”

He started going away but Sergio quickly turned him, wrapping an arm around his waist. Eric was in shock. He started going behind but the guy followed him. Oh, how he had wished he could continue but he soon reached the wall and the guy’s hand was still tightly wrapped around his waist. He was nervous and the students that were there kept on staring at them.

“Please, you’re creating a scene!” Eric said. His heart was racing so much.

“I don’t care,” Sergio said as he got closer to the boy’s face. He was getting nervous and the hot breaths hitting his face were driving him insane. “All I need is you.”

“Stop it!” Eric muttered. “Please!”

He quickly pushed the guy and just stared at him, shaking his head. “Don’t you know when to give up? What do I have to do to prove to you that I am not interested in you or what you’re offering me?”

“Go on a date with me!” Sergio said softly, getting closer again. But Eric moved away from him and turned his back to him. “Just one date.”

“I don’t wanna go on a date with you or anybody.” He said harshly, turning to face the guy. He was suddenly getting mad. “And if you’ll excuse me, I have a very important person waiting for me.”

He started going away but he felt Sergio’s hand on his arm.

“Eric, please…”

He wanted to say something but then suddenly, he saw the person that he thought was gonna be his savior that day, Diego. He was busy typing on his phone and he was looking smart and handsome. The guy had probably come to check up on him or something.

Eric quickly withdrew his arm and rushed to Diego. As soon as he reached him, he wrapped both his arms around him lovingly, burying his head on his neck sweetly.

Diego felt his heart pound in his chest and he almost dropped his phone. His heart just went wild when he realized what was going on. It was Eric, the boy that he had been trying to woo for a long time but didn’t have the courage to. He felt hot all over and he could already feel his hormones taking over.

“I missed you so much.” Eric moaned, closing his eyes. “You’ve got no idea how I have been thinking about you the whole day.”

Diego felt like he was dreaming. It was all true. He slowly wrapped his arms around the boy, holding him tightly.

“I missed you too.” He said softly, rubbing on his back.

Eric broke from the hug and he even did something crazy. He leaned up and kissed Diego’s cheek lovingly. “You look so handsome today.” He said, blushing at the man.

Sergio tore his eyes away from them, clenching his fists. He wasn’t interested in Eric but he felt challenged by what he saw and somehow, he got a bit hurt. He had never felt the way he did at that moment.

“Wow, you look really beautiful,” Diego said, caressing Eric’s cheek. “I feel so lucky today and…”

“I am the lucky one.” Eric teased, holding on tightly to Diego’s arm. And he wasn’t lying. He felt really lucky. “Shall we?”

“Of course,” Diego said softly.

With a final glance at the guy who looked like he’d been hit by a storm, Eric left with Diego's arm in arm, talking like long lost lovers. He was even laughing just so that he could throw Sergio off his case. He didn’t want a man that was as persistent as Sergio. He knew the guy was trouble.

“Anyway, it’s good that I’ve found you,” Diego said happily as soon as they got out of the building and far away from Sergio. “I came here to ask you if you can join me for…”

“I am sorry,” Eric said with a stern face, moving his arm away. “I have got plans. I am having lunch with my mother.”

“But I thought... you wanted to go with me.”

“I am sorry for making you feel that way.” Eric apologized. “But maybe next time.”

Without even another word, Eric turned and hurried out of there. He didn’t want Sergio coming there and finding out what was going on.

“What’s going on?” Diego said angrily, furiously kicking a can that was on the ground. “Why the fuck is it so difficult to get close to you? But let me promise you this, Eric. You’ll soon be mine. I shall have you whether you want it or not. That is a promise. I shall tell you exactly how I feel about you.”

***

“Mommy!” Eric hollered.

She was standing near her beautiful blue Peugeot 3008 car that her firm had bought for her, busy staring at her watch.

“My baby!” Laurel gasped, opening her arms widely.

Eric rushed into her wide-opened arms, enjoying her embrace when she hugged him tightly and kissed his head. He never got tired of that because he was her only baby.

Laurel Castillo was a really beautiful woman in her late 30s. She had beautiful pure blonde hair that she tied in a high fashion ponytail, making her look beautiful. She was wearing a white shirt that was tucked in a beautiful black skirt with a black coat. She had beautiful high heels on her shoes and god, she smelt so nice.

“I missed you, my darling.”

“Mom, we were just together the other day.” He groaned.

“But that doesn’t stop me from missing, my baby,” Laurel said, playfully pinching his cheeks. “Shall we?”

He nodded. The two of them got in the car and drove off. It was always fun and really enjoyable to drive with Laurel although sometimes, Eric felt like she was hiding something from him whenever she was quiet. But he didn’t ask because he knew all the troubles that she was going through.

They had only driven for about 10 minutes before Laurel’s phone rang and she had bad news. They wanted her at the firm for a really important case that they wanted her to handle since she was their best attorney there and no wonder she got paid wonderfully.

“Oh, baby…” Laurel groaned sadly, shaking her head. “…I am truly sorry for that. Looks like we’re gonna have to reschedule. I need to go back to work ASAP. I have to take you back to campus quickly and…”

“No! Just stop here. I’ll catch a cab.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah!”

Laurel got off the road and parked the car. She kissed her son goodbye and he started getting out of the car but…

“Your father called the other day,” Laurel said softly.

Eric froze when he heard that and his heart instantly began racing. He quickly looked at his mother and she was no longer smiling.

“Eric, he was really mad.” She added. “You went to cause trouble at his company.”

“What?” Eric gasped. “Is that what he told you?” He chuckled bitterly. “But anyway, what can I expect from him? It’s not like he’s ever really cared for me anyway.”

Eric’s pain instantly came back and he felt like someone was pulling on his heart. His fists clenched, pulling on his shirt. He was getting really mad.

“Eric, baby….” Laurel sighed gloomily. “…I know that you’re going through a tough time, both of us. But I don’t know you to be that kind of person. You’re a very good boy and you’re not a trouble maker. Sure, he’s complained a few…”

“A few times?” He chuckled bitterly. “He’s always complaining about me, how I am a bad son, and how I always cause trouble for him. He doesn’t even consider my feelings.” His voice was rising. “He doesn’t even care about what I am going through or my happiness. All he cares about is that… that bitch he calls his wife and their loving…” He gestured with his thumbs. “…perfect son.

I am the cursed son but you know what…. I don’t care because I don’t consider him my father anyway. I just wish I had died before I was born because maybe, I wouldn’t have been experiencing this pain.”

Laurel was hurt by his words. She remained quiet, gripping on the driving wheel. “Honey, I am truly sorry. I know that it’s painful but no situation is permanent.” She held his hand, caressing it. “You should always remember that I love you so much. We’ll talk about this later.”

Eric nodded. “Yeah, whatever, mom!”

He opened the door and got out of there. Laurel waved at him and she drove off. Eric remained standing there, watching as his mother’s car disappeared.

‘I wish I could tell you everything, mommy. But I can’t do that. I can’t watch you in pain.’

He rubbed his tear and started walking slowly. He had only taken about three steps when suddenly, thunder rolled and the wind started getting chilly. Eric looked at the sky and that was when he noticed that it was getting dark. How could he have missed that?

He started looking for a taxi, anything to escape from the rains that were about to start. But unfortunately for him, he didn’t see any. The only cars that he saw were just official cars. He waited for almost five minutes but there was no taxi and the ones that were passing were either occupied or going in a different direction.

The weather was changing at a fast pace and he couldn’t wait anymore. He started rushing to the campus but unfortunately for him, the rains started and they were a bit heavy. Shit! He started rushing as fast as he could but nothing was helping him. In just a few seconds, he was already dripping wet and he was still far away from the campus.

“What am I going to do now?”

He tried to look for anywhere where he could get shelter but couldn’t see anything. He was screwed. But anyway, he had no choice but to walk. He should have just agreed when Laurel had suggested taking him back to school. Anyway, those were the consequences of being stubborn.

Eric stopped and started thinking of what to do. He was still in deep thought when he realized that he couldn’t feel the rain on him anymore. It was still raining but he could feel it. He looked up and realized that there was an umbrella on him. He quickly turned and just stared into Sergio’s face.

Eric was beyond shocked. Did the guy follow him, he thought? But it was impossible. The guy hadn’t seen him leave, right?

“Eric! You’re dripping wet. Come on! Let’s go to my car.”

Eric shrugged. “And what the fuck do you think you are doing?” He said harshly. “I am not interested. And who even told you that I don’t wanna be in the rain? And even if I don’t like the rain, I would rather face it than drive with you in your car. Get that?”

He angrily got out of the umbrella and stood in the rain.

“Okay!” Sergio said, closing his umbrella. He stood in the rain too, letting it drench him. “Since you don’t wanna get out of the rain, I might as well join you. There’s no way in this world I will allow you to be in the rain alone. After all, they say the rain is one of the most romantic things any lovers can experience, right?” He winked.

Eric felt irritated. “You’re entitled to your own opinion. You can stay in the rain as much as you want. But you’ll do that alone!’

“Wait!”

As Eric was leaving, Sergio quickly gripped his arm, wrapped one arm around his waist, and pulled him closer. Before Eric even knew what was going on, Sergio locked his lips with his and started kissing him right there in the rain.

Eric instantly froze and he couldn’t move when he felt those soft lips moving on his and sucking on his lips. His eyes got wider… everything because so quiet that he became aware of his own heart. Time suddenly stopped and everything felt like it was moving in slow motion. A cold wind went right through him and he got really weak.

Sergio on the other hand was in second heaven with those lips… his eyes were completely shut as he enjoyed the taste of those lips, sucking on them slowly. Everything was moving so slowly and his heart had stopped beating. He was in a world he had never been before, a world of pure bliss and ecstatic pleasure. He might have been doing it for fun but now… now he couldn’t explain what he felt.

Eric wanted to pull away. God knows he wanted to pull away and slap Sergio dirtily. But now he was frozen and couldn’t even move. It was like something was controlling him, something stronger. His eyes started shutting and his lips slowly started moving, responding to the kiss.

Could Eric have been giving in?

Copyright © 2020 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
Thanks to everyone that took the time to read my work. I really love you all guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you  think about my work.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The games of preying on the heart are so cruel, but even worse is the wicked wife of the sperm donor. Granted that he originally argued to profit for Eric but he caved to the wishes of the rich evil witch he married.

There are many questions yet to be answered but the story is definitely interesting 🤔.

Edited by Philippe
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I’m confused by the scene with Giada & Laurel as was that in the distant past when she was pregnant with Eric meaning she knew about the affair years before she confronted her husband or was Laurel pregnant with another child after Brice left her? Brice...yeah I can’t comment about him because it’ll include too many curse words. Sergio might be slowly falling for Eric yet he’s playing with fire and so far his lines come off as so artificial & corny it’s pathetic. He must be terrible at flirting because typically his money and looks do all the talking for him. I couldn’t believe it when Riya supposedly saw right through him and felt he was being genuine. 🙄 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..