Jump to content
    vanalas
  • Author
  • 21,246 Words
  • 668 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Comments, critiques and tips are warmly welcome!

Game of Love - 12. Chapter 12: Eric and Sergio are married. Is this the end for Trevor and Giada, or do they have new tricks up their sleeve?

Don’t forget to drop your comments and rate this chapter. I am looking forward to your comments, whether negative or positive because they inspire me a lot. I love you once again.
Game of Love, feel the passion….

Eric moaned softly, stirring in the bed. He was feeling a little excited that morning and he had no idea the smile that was on his face even before he opened those eyes. He’d been having a perfect dream, really wonderful.

When he however opened his eyes slowly, yawning, it was to find Sergio staring at him with a smile, a smile that melted Eric’s heart with love. The way his lips lifted upward when Eric stared at him. The way his one dimple crinkled and the warm glow his smile gave Eric was just from out of this world.

Eric dropped his eyes softly, blushing. God, his smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine about him, only brightening his perfectly aligned teeth.

“What?” Eric asked as he tucked his hair at the back of his ear. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

Sergio chuckled softly. “Because I couldn’t stop even if I wanted to. Whatever happened yesterday still feels like a dream.”

“How long have you been awake?”

“I don’t know but it’s been hours.” He sighed happily, resting his hand on Eric’s waist through the blankets. He got him closer until their bodies were now close enough. Their skins on each other felt like heaven. “I was afraid to sleep because I might have woken up to realize that it was a dream and I was with someone else.”

Eric was blushing brightly, biting his lip. “Well, you’re gonna have to get used to this because I am never going anywhere. I’ll always be here with you every morning and I will sleep in your arms every night.”

The corners of Sergio’s mouth lift into a smile. “And I’ll always be grateful each morning for waking up beside an angel.”

He caressed Eric’s cheek as he closed the space in between them. Their lips connected in a fiery and passionate morning kiss that made Sergio feel like he’d just climbed the top of the tallest mountain. His lips were firm on Eric’s, but the kiss remained soft, gentle, and slow. They held it like that for a few seconds before they pulled away, staring into each other’s eyes.

“And I must say you were amazing last night, my dear beautiful husband,” Sergio said in a low voice, rubbing Eric’s sweet lips. “I had always dreamt of that moment for the last five years but when it happened, it was much more than the dream. And you were moaning like an…”

“Sergio?” Eric groaned, covering his eyes.

“Hey!” He shook his head, removing Eric’s hands from his face. “You don’t have to feel shy, my gorgeous sexy husband. I am your husband now and you can act as crazy as you want.”

He leaned in slowly and when their lips met again, something like magic ignited and their kiss deepened. Their eyes were starting to shut as Sergio slowly started getting on top of Eric. But suddenly, there was a knock on the table. They both ignored it and just decided to continue kissing but there was another and another and another.

“Hey!” Eric said in between moans. “Someone’s at the door.”

“Let them wait!” Sergio groaned as he sucked on Eric’s lips like a lollipop. “I am having my time with my baby. We’re newly married and we need to enjoy ourselves.”

Eric wrapped his arms around Sergio’s neck, bringing him even closer as they kissed. But whoever was at the door wasn’t gonna let them. They continued knocking.

“Hey, go!” Eric moaned as he broke the kiss. “It could be important.”

“Uh…” Sergio groaned, gripping his hair. “It’s probably just the maids.”

“Go and check.” Eric chuckled. “The longer you take, the longer it will be for you to get back here.”

Sergio laughed, scratching his head. He got off the bed and he was naked. He grabbed a towel which was by the bedside and wrapped it firmly around his waist. He wasn’t gonna wear a trouser. After all, he was gonna be back in bed. He threw air kisses to Eric as he rushed to the door with a smile on his face.

However, when he opened the door, it was to find a really beautiful smile waiting for him. She was dressed beautifully in a black top with a white skinny jeans and black slippers on her feet. Her hair was tied in a sexy ponytail.

“Adrianna? Really?” He groaned, hitting his head. “What the hell are you doing here this early morning?”

Adrianna first checked out her brother. The fact that he was only wearing a towel that morning meant the two had already consummated their marriage which she was happy about and couldn’t even mask her happiness. Her smile sold her off.

“Hey! Are you just gonna be standing there without saying anything?” Sergio asked, shrugging. “I am busy.”

“Really?” She laughed, pushing the door wide open.

“What the hell are you doing?”

But Adrianna was already heading inside, shaking her head. To say Sergio was shocked would be an understatement. He closed the door behind him and followed her. She was heading towards the bed where Eric was busy playing with his hair. He didn’t even notice her.

“Good morning, my sweet brother in law!” Adrianna chirped.

Eric quickly raised his head and when he saw her there, he couldn’t help but smile. He waved his hand without saying anything because he was so damn surprised.

“Adrianna, get the hell out of here!” Sergio said harshly with a chuckle. “This is no longer my room that you can walk in any time. I am a married man.”

“Chill!” She raised her hands like she was surrendering. “I just came to see my beautiful brother in law. I thought I was dreaming last night but it’s true.” She sat on the bed and continued smiling. “I never got the chance to thank you so much for granting my wish. I was right, you know. He is happy now and I know he’ll remain happy as long as you’re with him.”

“Oh!” Eric chuckled nervously. “I had no idea but thanks for your words, Adrianna. They did make an impact.”

“Oh, you’re so sweet.” Adrianna touched her chest, moaning like a kid. “And you’ve made my handsome brother here happy.”

“Yeah, Adrianna, we get you but can you please leave!” Sergio said, pointing towards the door. “You’re disturbing us. Right now, it’s my moment with my husband so can you please leave? I’ll see you later and Eric is now a part of this family. You’ll have your time with him.”

“You’re such a killjoy!” Adrianna said with a sigh, raising her hands like she was surrendering. “But I am just so excited right now. There’s just a lot of questions that I have for Eric, questions that I need answers to.”

“They’ll be answered.” He took her arm and started leading her towards the door. “Just go and watch a movie or something.”

“I know but…” She paused and stood at the door. “…you need to talk to mom. I haven’t seen her this morning and she’s probably very angry. You know how much she loves you and she’ll love to see you.”

Sergio nodded softly without saying a word. He’d forgotten the drama that had happened the previous night and now that he’d thought about it, he was a little nervous. He closed the door and started heading to the bed just to find Eric getting up with a towel around his waist.

“Hey, hey!” He rushed to him and blocked him. “Running away from your husband, are we?”

Eric chuckled and coiled his arms around Sergio’s neck, bringing him closer. “Well, I believe my dear husband has some important work that he has to do this morning.”

“Important work?” Sergio frowned, slightly looking up in thought. He chuckled softly, wrapped his arms tightly around Eric, and brought his body even closer. “Doesn’t ring a bell, baby. I don’t have any important work to do this morning and I can stay in bed the entire…”

Eric blocked Sergio’s lips with his hand. “You’re forgetting so soon, my love. You have to go and talk to mother. I can’t even begin to imagine what she must be thinking or going through right now. She loves you so much and she’s probably really hurt. You need to go and talk to her.”

“But…”

“We’ve got plenty of time to be together. I am yours and I ain’t going anywhere.”

Sergio felt like a really lucky man. “Thank you so much for understanding, baby. But we should probably shower because… I probably leak of a sex.”

Eric laughed at his husband’s words. “Why don’t you go ahead? I don’t have a change of clothes so…”

“And miss the chance of being with you in the shower?” He quickly wrapped his arms around Eric’s legs, lifting him bridal style. “Not a chance.”

“What are you doing?” Eric laughed at the top of his voice. “You’re crazy.”

“Crazy for you.”

Sergio took Eric into the bathroom while gracing him with wonderful kisses all over his face.

***

Kimberly was standing in front of a huge mirror, staring at her reflection like she expected it to say something. A lot was going on in her head, her heart, and even her body. She hadn’t slept the entire night, just kept on twisting and turning. The urge to cry had come and gone a whole lot of times and god knows how many times she’d shed tears.

Anger had never left her ever since the night Sergio ruined her mood by bringing Eric to her house. Her resentment towards him had grown inside her like a tumor and she was gonna explode, maybe even kill him if she ever saw his face closer to her again. Her fists were clenched and her body was shaking in anger. It was like there was a tremor going on through her.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door and she made a glance there but didn’t utter a word. The person knocked again before she heard the door opening.

“Mom!”

Fury surged through her when she heard that voice, a voice that made her angry. She became breathless with anger as her jaws began shaking uncontrollably. She heard footsteps nearing and each step she heard felt like she was close to snapping.

“Mom, can I talk to you?” Sergio’s voice was really low. He could see that his mother was super angry.

“Mom, please!” He rushed to her and wrapped his arms around her.

But what Kim did surprised him. She furiously turned and gave him a very dirty slap that sounded like a plate breaking on the floor. Sergio grasped his cheek, staring at his mother without even a smile. It had hurt but he probably deserved it.

“Don’t you dare call me that?” She warned, pointing angrily at him. “How dare you, Sergio? How dare you even show up in my room after all the insults you rained on me yesterday.”

“Mom, I didn’t mean for any of that to happen.” He said softly. “I tried my best to follow your orders even though you knew that I didn’t want any of this. I never intended to hurt you. I am truly sorry, mommy.”

“You never intended to hurt me?” Kim chuckled bitterly. “How dare you even say that to me when you had hurt me intentionally? You married a boy that I warned you against, someone that doesn’t even care or love you.”

“That’s a lie, mommy!” Sergio shook his head. “You’re saying this because you don’t know anything. No one, absolutely no one has ever loved me like Eric. Ever since I met him, my life has changed. I am the man I am today because of Eric and his love for me. Your son is happy, mommy and…”

“You’re happy?” Kim chuckled as a tear rolled down her cheeks. “You’re happy after hurting the boy that truly loved you? You’re happy after humiliating and hurting your mother in front of the entire world? I never expected this from you, Sergio. You know very well that I don’t like that boy and yet you brought him to this house. He insulted me in front of my friends and only God knows what everyone is saying about me out there.”

“Eric isn’t to be blamed and I will apologize to whoever you want me to apologize to,” Sergio said, putting his hands together. “But please, try to understand me and my feelings, my happiness. Eric is the boy that makes me happy. Your son is happy right now, mommy. Can’t you be happy for me?”

He tried to touch her but she retaliated. “Never!” She seethed. “I’ll never be happy for you as long as that boy is in this house. If you want me to be happy then go and marry the boy that is good for you. The boy that I had chosen for you and the boy that makes me happy.”

Sergio chuckled, shaking his head. He found it funny that his mother had just said that to him.

“You know that is impossible. I have married Eric now and I am his husband. He’s the one that makes me happy.”

“Then there’s nothing for us to talk about.” She crossed her arms angrily. “Now get the hell out of my room.”

“Mommy…”

“Don’t call me that!” Kim snapped, raising her finger at him. “You don’t know the meaning of that word. And if I was your mother then you wouldn’t have betrayed me like this. You lost the right to call me mother the very moment you married that boy.”

“I know you’re angry, mom. But try to put yourself in my shoes. You’ve also been in love before, mommy and…”

“Silence!” Kim snapped, stomping her foot angrily on the floor. “Don’t you dare lecture me about love? You have embarrassed me in front of everyone. I gave you everything you wanted and I let you do anything you wanted to do. All I had asked of you was just one thing and you threw it on my face.”

Sergio was feeling terrible. His mother’s eyes were red from anger and there were tears in them.

“I was always by your side whenever you needed me. I never left your side even when you were broken. I was there when you needed me.” She chuckled bitterly, shaking her head. “But you never valued me. You never valued my love for you, my concerns, and my emotions.” She yelled, making Sergio shake his head.

“Mom, I wanted…”

“But it’s your life and you can live it the way you want. But listen to me…” She warned, sounding like an evil robot. “…as long as that boy stays here, this house will not be too big for the both of us. I’ll so deal with him that he’ll beg you for a divorce.”

“Mommy…”

“Get the hell out and never come back!”

“Mom!”

Kim gripped Sergio’s hand and started dragging him towards the door. She opened the door, threw him out, and banged it like she was going insane. She was so mad that seeing Sergio made her feel like she was swimming in a pool of anger. Her fists were clenched and she swore Eric was gonna pay.

***

Giada was pacing about the room, moving from side to side like she’d lost something so precious. The makeup was gone from her face. Her hair was messy and her skin was a little pale.

‘Eric and I are married now.’

Those words seemed to take a toll on Giada and she simply stopped as the weight of everything seemed to press down on her shoulder and she struggled to even take a single step forward. It was too much, all of it. The anger and evil in her grew darker; the pain grew sharper; all of it seemed to only grow in strength and she began wondering if things were gonna get any better for her ever.

Her heart raced so much and each beat brought her nothing but immense pain. She was still dressed in what she had been wearing the previous day because she hadn’t slept at all. It was as if her soul was been trampled on by feet in heavy boots.

Five years, five years’ plans had simply gone to waste. She knew she was gonna be destroyed because Eric had crippled her heart by getting married to Sergio. Everything had been planned. All that had been remaining was for the marriage for her to get into power and have a chance at destroying her enemy, Eric, forever! But now, every plan had been ruined. Her walls had collapsed and she was exposed now.

Trevor on the other hand sat by the window side, staring outside, hoping for a ray of hope to shine on him. The sun felt very cold that morning. His eyes were swollen, blood red and he had bags under his eyes. He was still wearing his wedding suit, still reliving all those painful memories. He was aware of his heart and the way it pounded in his chest should have scared him but he didn’t care.

‘Eric and I are married. I gave in to my feelings, mom.’

Trevor felt dead inside. His tongue felt dry. His throat felt as if someone thrust a handful of itching powder inside. His eyes were scruffy. He’d been seated at that same spot for hours and his face had never dried.

The images of Eric and how he’d walked into the house were haunting him. His head pulsed terribly and he felt like he was in a pool of ice. That heartbreak felt cold. He felt like there was concrete drying in his chest. That wasn’t how he’d expected his day to be. He was supposed to be in Sergio’s arms, enjoying his wealth and smiling a lot. He wasn’t supposed to be crying.

The door to the room flung open and Brice came walking in slowly. He was wearing a blue pajama and he was holding a tray of bread, some pineapple juice, and some fruits. When he saw the state his son was in, he slowly walked to him and sat closer to him, patting on his shoulder. He’d never seen him so broken before.

“Trevor, baby, you can’t continue being like this.” He said softly. “You’re gonna get sick. I know what happened yesterday was terrible and you didn’t deserve that. But please, you need to eat something before you get sick.”

Trevor didn’t even move his head to look at his father.

Brice sighed, taking his hands. He started rubbing on them, kissing on them too.

“My love, daddy is right here with you,” Brice assured. “I don’t like seeing you like this. Try and eat something for daddy. Everything is gonna be just fine. I promise that I’ll do all I can to just make you happy.”

He rubbed his tears and smiled softly. “Please, eat something.”

He took some bread, spread butter, and was about to feed it to his son when out of the blue, his hand was hit, making him drop the bread to the floor. He quickly raised his head in surprise only to stare in angry eyes that seemed like they wanted to eat him alive. It was Giada and she was breathing harshly.

“Oh please, stop with your drama, Brice!” She snarled, pointing angrily at him. “Stop showing concern for my son when all of us very well know that you’re probably happy because of what had happened. You’re partly to be blamed for all this.”

“Are you for real, Giada?” Brice couldn’t mask the shock in his voice. “What the hell are you talking about? Do you think I would be happy with what happened to my son yesterday? What kind of father do you think I am?”

“Oh, so now you’re a father?” She chuckled bitterly. “Since when have you been concerned about me or my son? It’s always been that Eric. You’re the reason why my son is in this state today. You’re the reason why his wedding got called off yesterday and I bet you must be dying to just congratulate that bastard son for ruining Trevor’s wedding.”

“Enough!” Brice furiously rose, raising his finger at Giada. “I think I’ve had enough of your nonsense, Giada. Don’t push me to the wall because I will do something that both of us will regret, do you understand? All you’re concerned about is yourself and you don’t even care if your son is okay or not. You’re such a selfish woman and sometimes I wonder how I survived with you all these years.”

Words flew from his mouth that he never thought he’d think, let alone say out loud. He knew instantly from the look in Giada’s eyes that he’d said something that had hurt her, that had awakened something deep in Giada. She was staring at him like she wanted to cry or rather slap him.

“How dare you, Brice?” Giada roared, clenching her fists. “How dare you say those things to me? Whom do you think you are, huh? You call me selfish and I don’t care about my son? Okay!” She laughed in pain as more tears decorated her face.

“Where were you when Trevor needed you all those years ago at school, football practices, and school meetings?” She asked, prodding him harshly. “Where were you when I was raising my son alone for three whole years when you were fucking that whore, Laurel? Where were you when we were planning for our son’s wedding?

And what did you do to that bastard when he eventually ended up hurting our son?” She furiously rubbed her tears. “And you call me selfish and I don’t care about my son? You don’t have any right to question my motherhood, Brice because you’ve never been a father. You’ve never cared about our son.”

Brice laughed, looking at his wife. Tears had already welled in his eyes.

“Is this what you are bringing up, Giada?” He lost the smile on his face as a tear went rolling down his cheek. “You know very well where I was. I was working my ass out for you so that you could live comfortably. You wanted a luxurious life and I sacrificed my time with my son so that I could provide you that life. You don’t have the right to question my fatherhood because I have done my best to raise my son into a great man.

But you’re right about one thing, though.” He said as he rubbed his tears. “I’ve been a bad father because I couldn’t give one of my children the love he deserved. Perhaps, if I had grown some balls and supported them all, none of this would have happened. My kids would have grown up together and you wouldn’t have filled Trevor with your venom. You wouldn’t have been using your son for your selfish needs.”

Giada couldn’t believe the words coming out of her husband’s mouth. His words were spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of machine gunfire.

Giada leaned closer, perfectly composed. She wanted to cry as rage filled her belly. She felt her ears getting hot as she glared at him.

“How dare you?” She spitted, balling her fists. “After everything that I have done for you, this is what you repay with? After all the love that I have shown you? I picked you up from the slums, bathed you, clothed, and raised you to the top. I forgave your cheating ass because I loved you and now…” She furiously dropped her hands. “…now I get insulted for it. I have been nothing but a good wife to you and I have never given you any reason to complain. But guess I was stupid.”

Giada started laughing in her pain. “I should have listened to my father when he told me that you were nothing but trash. You’ve been using me all this time and I never even realized it.”

“Stop talking nonsense….”

“It’s not nonsense!” Giada snapped, her jaws shaking uncontrollably. “I am in my right senses right now. I have never felt so much wisdom before. Now you listen to me, Brice.” She got closer, pointing at him. “I want you to get out of this room, pack your bags and get the fuck out. I don’t want to see your ass in this house ever again. Do you understand?”

Brice chuckled, nodding. “I will grant your wish, Giada.”

He left the room, leaving Giada in tears. She remained standing there until he returned and he was dressed differently. He knelt in front of his son, took his hands, and kissed them.

“Trevor, baby, I am so sorry that it has come to this.” He sighed. “I didn’t wanna leave you but I also know that us leaving like this in your condition will only worsen things so it’s better if I just leave. I would have asked you to come with me but… we both know the answer you’ll give. I’ll always be here for you and I’ll keep on checking up on you. You can call me anytime and if you want to visit, I’ll be staying at my hotel.”

He leaned in and kissed his cheek, giving him a tight hug. Then he got up and looked at Giada who was looking like an evil queen from a fairytale.

“You know, I had always hoped that maybe we could give our relationship another chance despite all the mistakes.” He said under his breath. “But maybe you’re right. It’s about time we gave each other space and find out what works for us. But what I need is time alone.”

“Time alone?” Giada groaned. “Or do you just want to get rid of me, Brice?”

“Since the start of our relationship I have done nothing but to understand you,” Brice said. “But you’ve pushed me to my limit and I can’t handle this anymore.”

“I spoke in anger.” Giada took Brice’s hand and started kissing it. But Brice took it away. “Please, forgive me. I love you so much. We can work out some things and…”

“I am doing this to save whatever I still feel for you.”

He glanced at his son and walked out of there. Giada felt like her heart had been taken away as Brice left the room and her life. She dropped to the floor and cried like a baby. It was Eric’s fault that her business was crashing and her family had finally been broken. She couldn’t believe it. She cried there for several minutes before she contained herself and moved to her son, hugging him tightly.

“It’s just you and now, baby.” She sobbed softly. “Your father has left us. I will help you…”

But Giada didn’t even finish her sentence before Trevor furiously rose from where he sat, rubbing his tears angrily. It was like he became possessed and Giada was shocked. She remained there, staring at him as she’d just seen a ghost.

His fists began clenching and he groaned angrily, his jaws shaking. The look on his face, pure evil! His anger was as hot as any fire any dragon had ever flamed. His face became red with rage and his chest rose in anger as harsh breaths escaped him. His heart was pounding violently in his chest.

“I have shed tears enough. I have cried enough for that bitch!” His voice sounded like a monster in a cave. “I’ll not give him the pleasure of seeing me fall. I am not going down without a fight.”

The pressure of his raging sea of anger was gonna give him strength, the strength to fight and defeat his enemy. His body vibrated so much that he felt like there was an earthquake occurring in his body. Giada was still shocked and she slowly started getting up.

“Damn that Eric! He is the one responsible for all of this.” He slammed his fist into the wall, not minding the pain that made its way up to his arm. He didn’t even care that he had started bleeding. “I will make him pay even if it’s the last thing I do. As far as I know, Sergio is still mine and will remain mine till the end of time.”

Giada didn’t know where this vibe was coming from but she loved it. An evil grin appeared on her face as she got closer to her son.

“You’re right about that, baby. This family has gone to pieces because of that bitch!”

“It’s okay, mommy. But now, I swear to you…” He clenched his fist even harder. “…I swear to you that I will never stop until I haven’t had my revenge on that good for nothing wretched boy. I will not stop until I have gotten back everything that boy has stolen for me. I swear on my life.”

Giada couldn’t have loved to hear anything else from her son. Finally, the vengeful spirit had awakened in him, stronger and hungrier than ever. They were never gonna stop until they destroyed him and nothing was gonna stand in their way.

***

“Sergio!” Eric moaned softly as he chuckled slowly. “Stop it!”

“Why should I?” Sergio moaned as he kissed Eric’s neck. “I can do it the whole day if I wanted to because you’re all mine now.”

Sergio had his arms tightly locked around Eric’s waist while he kissed his neck. They were headed for the staircase because they had somewhere important to go. Eric was looking sexy in a yellow designer’s shirt that was tucked in a black skinny jean that fit him perfectly. He had his snickers on his feet and his hair was tied in a gorgeous ponytail, revealing his beautiful face. The clothes he was wearing were Sergio’s from when he was not that muscular years back. They fit him perfectly and that was what made Sergio crazy.

Sergio on the other hand had a white shirt that was halfway buttoned up and tucked in a black designer’s trouser with black shoes on his feet. The smile on his face was something that he didn’t want to wipe out.

“Hey, we’re not in the room anymore, remember?” Eric asked as he rubbed on his husband’s hand. “Anybody can come out here.”

“Let them come so that they can see how much I love my baby.”

Eric chuckled softly and then turned, locking his arms around his neck.

“Come on, Sergio, you need to behave yourself now. There are a lot of eyes that are out here.” He said with a wink. “And besides, we need to be out of here soon or we’ll be late to where we’re going.”

“Oh shoot!” Sergio hit his head, chuckling nervously. “Errr… I forgot my keys. Let me go and get them. I’ll find you downstairs.”

He gave him a quick kiss before he hurriedly left. Eric shook his head, taking a sigh. Although Sergio was acting like that, Eric wouldn’t have loved it any better. The guy truly loved him and he saw it through his actions and words. He was making him feel like an angel, the most important person in his life.

He was smiling like an idiot but he took out his phone and decided to check out his emails while he slowly walked down the stairs. There was quite a number and he knew he had to attend a couple of meetings but he was also newly married so he had a responsibility as husband and son in law.

Eric reached down the stairs and remained there. He was still on his phone when suddenly, he heard an angry voice or rather angry voices.

“Look at him, the boy that’s been poisoning this house.”

Eric quickly turned only to find a shocking surprise, about five women including Kimberly were seated in the living room staring at him like they wanted to kill him. Two of them were the women that he remembered from the night he’d come home with Sergio. They’d had said some pretty bad things.

“Just look at him. He’s not even ashamed of himself.” One of them laughed. “He’s been jinxing this family and only God knows exactly what he’s done to Sergio that he decided to abandon his wedding and marry him.”

Eric just stood still, his eyes widening. He somehow felt nervous and all the women looked like they had a score to settle with him.

“It’s because of him that our friend isn’t even happy today. Kids of nowadays think that they can just come into a home like it’s a pub.” Another one said with a chuckle. “But we know how to deal with boys like him. And you know what Kim, the more you put up with this boy the more vicious he’ll become until he finally convinces your son to throw you out of here. But before that, we’ll deal with him for you.”

Four women got up and started heading towards Eric with evil grins on their faces. They stood in front of him with their arms crossed on their chests. Eric couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“But you know what boy, you made the biggest mistake of your life by coming to this house.” A lady who looked older than all of them spoke. “We’re gonna show you whom you’re challenging.”

With those words, she raised her hand and started directing it at Eric’s face. Eric slightly closed his eyes, shielding his face quickly. But to his surprise, he couldn’t feel anything. He quickly opened his eyes to find Sergio holding the woman’s hand with a frown on his face. He was so mad.

“How dare you, aunt?” Sergio groaned, throwing the woman’s hand away. “Whom do you think you are to try and lay your hand on my groom? What gave you that right? Please, I have respected you like my mother, all of you. But if you try and cross the limit, I’ll not just sit down. Do you understand?”

“Wow!” The woman clapped. “You know, when I heard just how much you insulted my friends, your mother, and every guest yesterday, I couldn’t believe it. You’ve changed so much, Sergio. First of all, you insulted us by bringing home a boy that you weren’t supposed to marry, a boy that insulted everyone including your mother. I can’t believe that you could tolerate this.”

“Look, aunt…”

But before Sergio could even finish his sentence, Eric held his hand tightly, gesturing for him to stop. He cleared his throat and came in front of his husband, staring at all the women with a stern face. Then he smiled at them.

“Please, I am truly sorry if you felt I had insulted you with what had happened.” He put his hands together, pleading with the women. “All of you are older than me and my husband. You’re even older than my mother but I consider all of you to be my mothers.”

“And you think we’re gonna fall for that good boy attitude you’re giving us?” The blonde lady from the previous night spoke. “We know exactly who you are and you’re not gonna fool us.”

“I am not trying to put up any good boy attitude but this is who I am.” He chuckled softly. “I know all of you are mad right now and there are a lot of questions going through your heads. But try to understand what I am saying to you.

I didn’t break up anything or do any of this to hurt anybody. I believe in destiny and I believe that whatever is meant to be will always be no matter what. This happened to me, to Sergio as well as Trevor. Five years ago, Sergio and I broke up in the most painful way ever.

I hated him. I wanted him to get hurt and feel exactly what he’d caused me. But here we are today as husbands. Marriage is about happiness and a happy marriage begins when we marry the ones we love, and it blossoms when we love the ones we marry.”

He took a deep sigh, glancing at his husband who was smiling back at him.

“Marriage requires happiness and they say if you don’t marry the one you love, you’ll never be happy.” He chuckled softly. “Try to put yourself in my shoes. All of you here I believe are mothers. Would you want your children to be in marriages where they’re happy or where they pretend to be because they want to make you happy?

I believe all of you have been in love before. If you were married to your husbands to make society happy, do you think you’d still be married by now? I am sorry for asking this and I will completely understand if you still hate me. But I didn’t do anything wrong by following my happiness. My husband is my happiness and he’s the most important thing to me currently.”

The women looked at each other with stern looks on their faces. Then the oldest one got closer to Eric, staring at him like she wanted to slap him. She slowly took her hand up and Eric knew he was gonna get a slap for real. But what happened shocked him to the core. The woman put her hand on his cheek and caressed it, a smile appearing on her face.

“I am so sorry for this, my dear. Looks like I misunderstood you.” She laughed. “You’re truly what they say about you, very generous, beautiful, and kind.”

To say Eric was surprised would be an understatement. He hadn’t expected to hear that from the woman or anyone else in that house.

“You two truly are destined together because I’ve never seen Sergio smiling the way he is right now.” She added, nodding. “May you always be happy, dear.”

“We’re very sorry.” All the women apologized. “Please, forgive us for this misunderstanding. You’re right. We should marry the ones we love and the ones that make us happy. That is the genesis of a good marriage.”

Sergio and Eric felt really happy with what they heard. They looked at each other, holding hands tightly.

“Thank you so much, aunt!” Sergio chuckled softly. “And I am sorry for the way I talked to you. I was just angry and all.”

“You don’t have to apologize.” The blonde woman spoke. “It was my mistake. I shouldn’t have talked to you the way I did. But now I know why you love him so much. People like him are very rare. You’re a very lucky man.”

“Thank you so much, aunt!” Eric put his hands together, slightly bowing. “We have to go now. We’ll see you later.”

The four women smiled and watched as the happy couple left. They then went back to the living room where Kim was seated, looking like an owl that had just realized it was suddenly daylight. She couldn’t believe what had just happened.

“Wow, Kim!” One of them spoke happily. “You’ve hit a jackpot. I don’t think your son would have gotten himself a better groom. Just look at him, very well behaved, and to top it all, he owns two of the biggest companies on the continent. How lucky can you be?”

“Yeah, Kim,” Another spoke. “You’re very lucky and I admire you. Such son in-laws are very rare. And they do make such a cute couple together.”

The topic now changed to how cool Eric was. Kimmy’s brain stuttered for a moment and every part of her went on pause while her thoughts caught up. She couldn’t understand what was going on. That wasn’t like her friends. Her friends wouldn’t have changed that easily because she knew them. What was going on?

***

‘You what?’ Laurel roared on the other end, making Eric slightly move the phone from his ears.

“Mommy, please, I am sorry that I didn’t tell you.” Eric’s voice was so low that it almost felt like he was scared. “But I didn’t…”

‘You didn’t know you were getting married? Is that it?’ Laurel yelled. ‘I was here thinking that my son was busy with work only to wake up and read on the internet that you are married. How do you expect me to react?’

“Mommy, I know I should have told you but I was about to.” He sighed, running his hands through his hair. “My wedding to Sergio was unexpected and…”

‘Messing with Giada, really?’ She yelled. ‘I didn’t even know what you were up but now I know exactly what you’ve been up. I can’t believe you’d get married so abruptly and to someone that you don’t even love. You probably married him to get revenge on those two.’

“No, mommy, that’s not it.” He spoke softly. “I love Sergio so much and I wouldn’t have loved to be with anyone else aside from him. My life without him would have been meaningless.”

‘Even at that… you were supposed to tell me.’ She was so mad that Eric was scared of her voice. ‘I had always planned on how I was gonna rejoice at your wedding and now you’ve ruined that for me. Wow, Eric, you’re so grown that you don’t even need your mother. Do you think marriage is a joke, huh?’

“Mommy, it was just a small wedding. No one else was there except the priest and the two of us.” He said softly. “I’ll make it up to you. Sergio and I are planning on a real wedding.”

‘Does that make it any better for me?’ She yelled. ‘You are so stupid to have gotten married without informing me. Tell that man that he’s gonna answer me the time I come there. He better be ready to face a mother in law that will deal with him.”

Eric laughed at his mother’s words. “It’s not his fault!”

‘I don’t care.’ She snarled. ‘And please, be very careful. That witch is probably planning something as we speak. I don’t wanna lose my son.’

“Okay, ma!” He chuckled. “I’ll talk to you later.”

He cut the call and sighed gloomily. But he couldn’t shake off that smile on his face. His mother had never spoken to him in that tone before. But he completely understood her. After all, he was the one that had gotten married without her consent.

“Mothers, huh?”

Eric made a quick turn when he heard that familiar voice. He smiled even brightly and rushed to the man, giving him a quick hug. He felt so happy and excited when he saw him.

“Oh my God, David! You’ve got no idea how happy I am that you’re here.” He gasped, holding him tightly. “I was even thinking of calling you.”

“Yeah!” He raised his eyebrow. “Really? Shouldn’t you have called me before the wedding? I got hurt when I heard that you got married without informing me, Eric. I thought you regarded me as your father.”

“David, I am truly sorry.” Eric lost the smile on his face. “My marriage was unexpected and I feel so guilty that the people that are important to me didn’t even attend. But I will make it up to you, I swear.”

David sighed. “Anyway, it’s fine as long as you’re happy.”

Those words were able to bring a smile back to Eric’s face. “I am happy, David. I couldn’t have found a better man than Sergio.”

“Hmmmmm… I never even realized you and Mr. Alvarado knew each other so much as to get married.” He said with a frown on his face. “Or maybe you did this to…”

“I didn’t.” He chimed in. “Sergio and I used to date back in the university days. But circumstances led to our painful breakup.”

“Hmmm, let me guess.” He put his hand on his chin, rubbing on it. “Those circumstances were made by Giada. That woman doesn’t surprise me anymore. She’s capable of anything.”

“Well, that’s what happens when you have an evil stepmother, I guess.” He shrugged, making David laugh.

“I just want you to be very careful.” David sounded worried. “I don’t think Giada or Trevor are just gonna sit idle and watch you be happy in this marriage.”

“I have got it all under control.” He smiled. “But thank you so much.”

At that same time, Sergio came downstairs with a big bag. He was smiling brightly, especially when he saw David talking to Eric in the living room. He went there, greeted David, and wrapped his arm around Eric’s shoulder, kissing his forehead.

“And congratulations to you, Mr. Alvarado,” David said with a chuckle. “You’ve got the best man in the world. You’re a very lucky man.”

“Thank you so much, but it’s Sergio. Mr. Alvarado makes me feels like an old man.”

David laughed. “Okay, Sergio! But anyway, I was just passing by and fortunately, I met you. But I have to leave. Got a couple of meetings to attend to.”

“Thank you so much, David,” Eric said softly. “And once again, I am so sorry. I will pass by the company tomorrow for some important discussions, okay?”

David smiled and kissed Eric’s cheek before he left. Sergio and Eric took the bag and they too left arm in arm. They were like the happiest couple ever.

***

Eric gave his bag to one of the guards and instructed him to take it to his room. He was a little bit tired because Sergio had insisted they went shopping so they’d gone there. Then after that, they had an encounter with the media where they had to explain their marriage. But things were going pretty well and the public seemed to have taken it better than he’d thought. He had received a lot of texts from a lot of people congratulating him and also emails from a lot of businessmen. Now he was really tired.

He was about to start heading up the stairs when all of a sudden, he looked up and saw Kim coming down the stairs. She looked at him and he saw the frown on her face as her fists clenched.

“Mother?” Eric chuckled softly, putting his hands together. “How are you doing? I didn’t quite talk to you when I was leaving. I was hoping maybe you and I could talk.”

Kim grimaced, eyeing him from head to toe in disgust.

“First of all, I am not your mother, and don’t you dare call me that ever again.” She warned, raising her finger at him. “And secondly, just because you manipulated my friends into liking you doesn’t mean a thing to me. I don’t like you and I’ll never like you as long as I am alive. Got it?” She snapped her finger in his face.

She hissed and then started leaving.

“Mother, I know that you blame me for what had happened but it wasn’t my wish. I love Sergio and all I want to see him is happy.” He said with a chuckle. “Your son is very important to me and whatever makes him happy makes me happy too. And I am not completely happy that this marriage made you so sad or even drove you further away from your son. I am willing to do anything for you to forgive me and like me even a bit.”

Kim chuckled, staring at him. “The only thing that can make me extremely happy is for you to leave my son’s life, this house and for my son to marry his original groom.”

“But you know what you’re asking is impossible, mother.” He sighed gloomily. “I can’t end my marriage to Sergio. I have made vows to him that can’t be broken no matter what.”

“Then we have nothing to discuss.” She crossed her arms on her chest. God, she hated him so much. “Stay away from me or that pretty face of yours is gonna be bruised. And that’s not a threat. It’s a promise.”

“Mom, I… I am so sorry.” He apologized, putting his hands together. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I swear that I wanted to stay away from your son but I couldn’t do it anymore.”

“Just don’t talk to me,” Kim said harshly. “Your innocent looks and your sweet talk does not affect me. You may be able to fool everyone in this house but you don’t fool me. I am very sure that you’ve come to this house to seek revenge and I don’t know for what. But listen to me boy, I will not let you. I’ll expose you right in front of the entire world.”

“But mom…”

“You stay away from me.” She warned. “The only one worthy of calling me that is Trevor.”

She quickly turned and stormed out of there leaving him standing there like a statue watching as she left. Eric was really worried because he knew it was gonna be really hard to impress her. He took a gloomy sigh, combing his hair with his fingers.

“Just give it some time.” Eric heard Adrianna’s voice behind him. “She’ll come around when she sees how happy you make her son.”

She came in front of him wearing a really beautiful smile. “And don’t you look beautiful, my dear sweet brother? Where’s my other brother? He knows he shouldn’t have left you alone with the harsh mother in law.”

Eric laughed, shaking his head. “Come on, Adrianna. You’re being too hard on mom. Put yourself in her shoes and then you’ll understand her.”

“There’s nothing like that, Eric!” She shook her head. “She’s being difficult for nothing. You don’t know mommy as well as I do. She always wants to get her way and when she doesn’t, she starts acting like that. But if I was in her shoes, I would understand my child and accept that he is happy. I mean, would she have been happy if Sergio was unhappy?”

Eric nodded. “Guess you’re right. But anyway, Sergio is outside talking to Steve. He’s busy explaining himself.”

“Wonderful!” Adrianna rubbed her hands. “That will give me enough time to be with you and ask you loads of questions. You still didn’t tell me how things went and how you found yourself on the altar with Sergio.”

“Now?”

“Yes, now!” Adrianna laughed. “I am dying of curiosity here and this might be the only time I get to talk to you. That husband of yours won’t allow me.”

He took Eric’s hand and started leading him upstairs. “Let’s go to my room and then you can tell me all about it while we enjoy some ice cream.”

Eric and Adrianna were bonding already. The two of them were so happy that they laughed like best friends.

***

Sergio opened the door to his room and froze there when he saw Eric seated in front of a mirror with a stern face. But he looked so damn cute and sexy that Sergio felt his heart miss a beat.

Eric was combing his hair softly, looking like a god. There was a steadiness in him as if all the storms in the world were a whisper of a breeze. His eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and his skin was so smooth that Sergio couldn’t wait to put his hands there.

Closing the door slowly, Sergio walked quietly to his baby and when he reached him, he wrapped his arms around him, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. Then he looked in the mirror and couldn’t help but admire how perfect they looked together. And when he smiled, Sergio felt a coldness in his heart that he hadn’t expected at all.

“There you are, babe.” He kissed his neck softly. “I missed you so much. I was looking for you.”

“I was talking with Adrianna.” He smiled. “And besides, you were busy with Steve. He’s he gone?”

“Yes!” Sergio sighed. “He was a bit mad at me since I got married without informing him. But we’re good now.”

“Oh! That’s nice then.”

Sergio then turned Eric’s chair so that now they were facing each other. He knelt in front of him, taking his hands in his. He first kissed them softly and then went on to kiss those soft lips that he’d missed a lot.

Then he looked into that beautiful face, feeling his emotions get the better of him. Eric’s smile shined brighter than the stars in a dark night.

“What?” Eric chuckled nervously, blushing softly. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Sergio sighed happily. “That’s because I want to. And… I am just imagining all the fun I will have with you on our honeymoon.”

“Honeymoon?” Eric raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about?”

“Oh, sorry!” His laughter was so free and pure. “We’re going on our honeymoon to Hawaii in two days. You and I are gonna continue our wedding there.”

Eric covered his mouth, feeling like every fiber of his being was vibrating with anticipation. Adrenaline was coursing through his veins. His hands trembled and his eyes were wide. His body had suddenly caught up in a flame of excitement.

“What? You’re not saying anything.” Sergio raised an eyebrow.

“No, it’s just that… I am so excited.” Eric felt the excitement wire his body like he was plugged in the mains. “I never even thought that we were gonna go on our honeymoon?”

“And miss out on an opportunity to be alone with you?” Sergio shook his head. “Not a chance, baby. So start preparing for a wonderful honeymoon.”

Eric nodded but his excitement didn’t even last long. He took a deep sigh, the smile on his face fading.

“But Sergio, do you think it will be a good idea to leave this early?” He asked worriedly.

“What do you mean?”

“Okay, I am just worried about mom.” He sighed. “She and I are not on good terms as it is. So I was thinking of maybe working on our bond as soon as possible. She might start to think that I came into this family just for you and I don’t care about anyone else.”

Sergio laughed, taking Eric’s hands. “My dear sweet husband, you worry too much. I know that you care about mom but you’re talking to an expert here. She’s my mother and I know how she is. You just need to give her time to just process the whole thing. Mom isn’t easy to win over.”

“Yeah, I noticed that. But now she has a son in law and I need to do all I can to make her happy.”

“You’re so sweet.” Sergio chuckled, getting Eric up from the chair. He then locked his arms tightly around him, bringing his body closer. “But trust me, seeing you here will only make her even madder than she is. Going on this honeymoon will give us more quality time together and mom won’t see you more in this house and eventually, her anger will start melting. By the time we get back, you’ll start your chapter of winning her over. That way, I get to hit two birds with one stone.”

“Hmmmm….” Eric raised an eyebrow, biting his lip sensually. “Why do I sense that you’re almost too anxious to go on this honeymoon?”

“And why wouldn’t I be when I know exactly what’s gonna happen there?” He teased, twitching his eyebrows. “I will be alone with you without anyone ever disturbing us.”

Eric blushed, dropping his head to the floor. But Sergio slowly raised his chin, staring into his eyes.

“You know what, Eric?” His voice was very low and sexy. “You’re very beautiful and you shouldn’t hide that from me. But always remember one thing, my love. It’s not wrong to look beautiful but your beauty may kill someone.”

Eric suppressed a smile when he heard that. His cheeks suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming color so cute against his skin. Sergio’s hand moved up and caressed his soft cheek, feeling like he was suddenly connected to a cable of electricity while his other hand moved to Eric’s hip, bringing him even closer.

Sergio leaned in and placed a soft kiss on Eric’s forehead, making him close his eyes. He then kissed his cheeks before grasping the back of his head, bringing him even closer. Gentle but passionate, he pressed his lips into Eric’s, and the world around them slowed.

Eric’s lips were soft and warm. Sergio pulled him closer as the kiss depended. They kissed like it was the end of the world until they came back for a much-needed air. Both of them were breathing a little quicker and they were smiling.

“So… sorry!” Sergio muttered. “I just got caught up in the heat of the moment.”

“Why are you apologizing?” Eric’s voice was really low. “I didn’t say I was complaining and besides, I love it when you kiss me.”

“Really?” Sergio gasped. “Then I guess I better still another one.”

Eric hit him slightly on the lips. “Not now, Mr. Alvarado. There’s a lot of time for that.”

“Ouch!” Sergio groaned, rubbing on his lips. “You’ve hurt your husband, Eric and now I need you to tend to me.”

“Hmm!” He chuckled. He knew Sergio was faking because he hadn’t hit him that hard. “Is that so my handsome husband? Okay, come on, let’s sit so that you can show me where it hurts.”

Eric led Sergio to the bed and sat down. The guy lay on the bed with his head on Eric’s lap, staring into his face with the brightest smile ever. Eric had his hands on Sergio’s head, slowly ruffling his hair.

“So my dear husband, where does it hurt?”

“Will you kiss it?” Sergio asked with a wink. “Only your kiss will heal me.”

Eric chuckled softly and nodded. “I will try my best, my prince!”

Those words got Sergio excited and his heart began racing. He slowly pointed on his left eye first. Eric blew on it lovingly before he placed a kiss on his eyelid, a kiss that made Sergio feel like he’d been placed in cold water.

He then pointed at his other eye and Eric did the same. He kissed on it softly and blew there. Sergio pointed on his cheek near his mouth and Eric kissed there. And finally, he pointed on his lips just as his heart started jolting in excitement.

Eric gave a killer smile as he leaned in and finally captured those lips in a passionately slow kiss that blew their minds away. The tender touch they shared made the room the room around them disappear. There wasn’t anything else in this world except the burning flame of their love. All they could feel was each other and the ultimate love they shared.

And to think that two days back, the two of them had been like strangers, completely masking their feelings, well it was mostly Eric that masked his feelings. But they were so happy that they didn’t even regret their decision to be together.

***

“Alright, so how are things as of now?” Giada asked.

‘Ma’am, we’re trying but we’re getting hopeless.’ The man on the other end sighed. ‘Our products are not doing any better on the market and if we don’t get back the money we had invested or even a make a profit we’re gonna go bankrupt and it will be bad. And as it is, we’re already at a loss and we’ve had some business partners and investors pull out.’

Giada sighed, running her fingers through her hair. “Okay, just inform me if there’s anything else.”

Giada threw her phone to the floor, breaking it into pieces. She hit her forehead harder, feeling like someone had just given her a death threat. Through all that anger was a pain and she was drowning in it. Fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in the small narrowed eyes as she weighed the pros and cons of the various and creative means available to her for exacting revenge.

She needed a greater comeback, a greater opportunity for her to end Eric’s life once and for all. It was like this whole marriage thing had been the last blow she needed to bring her company further down. Her husband had left and he wasn’t picking up any of her calls and it was so damn stressful.

Giada was dressed in a sexy black jumpsuit with her hair free. It was messy because she had been taking out her anger on it. She just couldn’t think straight. All she was asking for was an opportunity to finally put an end to this villain in her life.

“Ma’am!” She heard her maid’s voice behind her.

“What?” She snapped. “What the hell do you want from me?” She made a quick turn to give her a deafening slap. “How many times…”

But she froze and just acted like a deer caught in headlights when saw Kim together with the maid. Kimmy had a sad face, looking at Giada with pitiful eyes. She was dressed in a tight, classy, and sexy dress that reached her knees with silver high heels. Her hair was tied in a knot and she didn’t have any makeup on her face. About time, Giada thought as she waved her hands rudely to dismiss the maid.

“Kim?” She sounded low but yet so angry. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at home celebrating your son’s wedding?”

“Giada, I am truly sorry.” Kim put her hands together, getting closer to her friend. “Honestly, I don’t know what to say to you. I have no excuse for what my son did to Trevor and it had hurt me deeply.”

“It had hurt you deeply, Kim?” She chuckled bitterly. “What about my son? Didn’t you think about how he’d feel? Didn’t you care about how all this was gonna affect him? I thought we were friends and you truly loved me and cared about my son. But what happened showed me otherwise.”

“I do and you know that, Giada.” Kim shook her head. “But you were there. You saw what had happened. That boy played a smart one on all of us. How was I supposed to know that he’d manipulate my son into marrying him in such a short time?”

“You were supposed to know.” Giada snapped, tears welling in her eyes. “You told me you had everything under control. You assured me and my son that nothing was gonna go wrong. Then how the hell did Sergio change his mind? You not only betrayed me Kim but you broke my son’s heart. You knew how much he loved your son and…”

“Giada, I am begging you. I know Trevor was hurt and I can feel it. You know how much I love him like a son. He was the only one that I wanted my son to marry.”

“But in the end, whom did he end up marrying? That stupid son of a bitch!” She seethed, stomping her foot on the floor. “You shattered my son’s dreams.”

“No!” Kim shook her head, trying to hold Giada’s hand but she was brushed off. “Please, try and listen to me…”

“I have nothing to talk to you about,” Giada said harshly. “What will you say and how will it make everything right? Will your sorry bring back all these years my son wasted with Sergio? Will your sorry mend my son’s, broken heart? Will your sorry take back the shame your son brought upon us? No! My son would have been married by now but he wasted all his time with Sergio.”

“I know that but…”

“We’re fine, Kim,” She said harshly. “You don’t need to rub salt in our wounds. And I will appreciate it if you leave right now.”

“Giada…”

“Go!” Giada roared, pointing towards the door. “Please, if you ever respected our friendship then go and leave in peace. I don’t wanna push you.”

Kim sighed as she slowly turned to leave. She felt so much pain. But she’d only taken a few steps when suddenly…

“Mother?”

Kim felt her heart begin racing and she slowly turned, facing towards the stairs. It was Trevor and he looked terrible. He was wearing a yellow gold t-shirt, black cargo shorts with nothing on his face. His eyes were a bit red and his hair was messy.

As he cried, his bottom lip quivered. The same as a baby pushed past endurance. At that moment, in seeing him, Kim understood the depth of his pain. God, she felt terrible. The sadness flowed through her veins bad deadened her mind. She opened her arms wider and Trevor ran in them, hugging her tightly.

“Oh my God, Trevor, I am so sorry.” Kim sobbed, placing kisses all over his face. “I am so sorry. This shouldn’t have happened to you. You don’t deserve this. You’re a very nice boy, so innocent.”

The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down Trevor’s face.

“He betrayed me, mother.” He sobbed uncontrollably. “I love Sergio so much and even though he did this to me, I still love him so much. I wanna be with him even though I know he betrayed me. I gave Sergio everything. What else did he want?” He cried uncontrollably. “I gave him my heart, my body, and my soul. I had put everything I have in that relationship but he threw it away like yesterday’s trash. What am I supposed to do?”

Kim held his hands, kissing them sweetly.

“Nothing honey. Sergio is being manipulated and you know that. But I will make things right.” She said in a voice that was filled with nothing but evil. “I will make things right for your sake. I swear! You’re the only son in law that I know of. There’s no one else.”

“What are you trying to say, Kim?” Giada asked with a frown on her face. “Are you saying that Sergio and Trevor are gonna be together?”

Kim looked at Giada and nodded. “Yes! I am not going to sit and watch that bitch take my son away from me. I am gonna fight tooth and nail to get him back. You’re gonna come home as my son in law and that’s my promise to you.”

Trevor gasped, gripping her into a hug. He had an evil grin on his face. He had surely outdone himself this time and he deserved an Oscar for it. He now had the assurance that Kim was still on his side and he was gonna use her to create a rift between Sergio and Eric. Then he was gonna be the savior and take back what belonged to him.

“Thank you so much, mother. I don’t know what to say?”

“Just be happy!” Kim held his head, staring into his eyes. “You won’t have to wait for long and that is an assurance. I promise you that you’ll be back at my house and in Sergio’s arms.”

Trevor and Giada had never heard any better news.

“Thank you so much, Giada.” Kim rested her hand on Kim’s shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. “You truly are a friend and a sister. You care about us so much and I thank you for that.”

“You don’t have to thank me. It’s my duty.”

“Well, I misunderstood you and...” She paused and sighed. “…now I have to tell you the whole truth.”

“Truth?” She frowned. “What truth?”

Giada sighed, losing the smile on her face.

“The truth is that Eric has been out to destroy me and my family for so long.” She said softly. “He’s been taking revenge on me. Right now, he’s managed to destroy my family because my husband is no longer with us. Because of Eric, my husband left his family. He abandoned us.

And if that’s not enough, he’s destroying my fashion house piece by piece. As we speak right now, he’s managed to paralyze me on the market. I am losing investors and my business partners every day. He doesn’t want to see us happy. He wants to see us dead. Marrying Sergio was all part of his plan for revenge against us. He doesn’t even love him and he’ll destroy him and your entire family. He’s got a hidden agenda and he’ll do that just to hurt us.”

“Hurt you?” Kim frowned, getting confused. “Revenge? What are you talking about? Why is he trying to hurt you? And why is he taking revenge?”

“Because… because he is my husband’s illegitimate son!” She said harshly as her fists balled. “That bastard failed tried to break my family years ago, he and his mother. I secured my family but he came back stronger and powerful. He has managed to destroy my family and ruined my son’s wedding. He won’t stop until he ensures we’re all dead. And he’ll not spare you too because Sergio and he have a past together.”

“What?”

Kim was more than shocked. Her eyes and her mouth were wide open in an expression of stunned surprise and she was staring at Giada as she had just sprout horns.

“What are you talking about? Your husband has a son apart from Trevor?”

“It’s not what I like to talk about but yes!” She nodded. “My husband had an affair and from that, he had a son, Eric. For a long time, I had struggled to keep my family together because of that mistress and her son. And after so long and with great difficulty, I managed to secure my family. But look where we are today.”

Kim gasped, wiping the sweat off her face. “But why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because it didn’t matter.” She said hoarsely. “I didn’t want my husband’s dark secret to breed any problem and I thought Sergio was strong enough. But now, he’s been trapped, Kim. Eric will not stop until he has destroyed us all.”

“What does he have against my son?” She said under her breath, fear taking the best of her.

“Eric always wanted what belonged to my son. He seduced Sergio and they started having an affair back when they were in the university.” Giada was lying through her teeth and she was happy Kim was buying it. “However, when Sergio found out about his agenda, he exposed him and rejected him in front of the entire school. He also prophesied love to Trevor.

That was the time when he left. I had no idea where he went until a few weeks ago when I found out he was the co-owner of D&E and Liberty shoes. He’s thirsty for blood and no one is safe, Kim. He’s managed to break my family and he’s busy destroying my company. There’s no telling what he’s up to in your house.”

Kim’s hands trembled and her eyes watered as her hand reached for the chair that was near her. She gripped it harder, balancing on it. She felt darkness engulf her, a darkness that made her feel goosebumps all of a sudden. Eric was deadlier than she thought.

“Oh my God!” She gasped under her breath. “What has my son done by bringing that boy to my house?”

“I am sorry I couldn’t tell you this before but it’s the truth.” Giada sighed gloomily, feeling all warm and evil inside. “Your son’s life and your family might be in danger and if you don’t do anything, your family is gonna break just like mine.

That’s why you need to act fast if you don’t want to lose your son forever. If you think I am lying then you should ask some of Sergio’s friends back in school.” Of course, she only said that because she knew Kim was a big fool and she wasn’t gonna do any such thing.

Kim’s breaths quickened as she sat on the chair. “God!”

“Mother, please, don’t worry,” Trevor said abruptly, kneeling in front of her. He rested his head on her lap. “I am here and I promise that I am not gonna let him harm you or Sergio. I will help you in defeating him. I promise.”

Kim hesitantly put her hands on his head but she was so shocked and a bit scared. She knew what her mission was now. To save her son from the evil boy.

An evil grin appeared on Giada’s face. She had hit a jackpot and she was gonna use Kim.

‘Go on, Kim, you stupid old fool. You need to act now so that you can defeat my enemy for me.’ Giada thought, rubbing on her temple. ‘And Eric, I am going to set a fire for you, so hot that it will burn you to ashes. Now let’s see how you’re gonna live in that house comfortably.’

It was game on.

***

The elevator door opened and Eric came out with David. Both of them were holding hands, talking to each other. David was wearing a dark gray designer’s suit with a black shirt inside and gray shoes. He was looking super handsome and he was wearing a beautiful smile.

Eric on the other hand was wearing a white see-through shirt with a pure white vest that was tucked in a super sexy black skinny jean, revealing his gorgeous curves. He had white snickers on his feet and his hair was made in a choosy top bun. He was looking amazing and very young.

“Do you have to go like right now?” David asked, taking a deep sigh. “I could use some help here. You know I have never worked alone since the genesis of our companies. You’ve always been by my side.”

“You know I wouldn’t have left if it wasn’t important.” Eric smiled, facing the man with his arms crossed. “But I just got married two days ago and I have a new life now. It’s not just about me and works. There’s also this family that I have gotten through this marriage and my husband as well. I also have to give him my attention.”

David was a bit sad. “How long will you be gone?”

“The crazy thing is I don’t know.” He shrugged. “Sergio told me it was a surprise. But honeymoons don’t take that long so I am sure we’ll be back before you even know it.”

“Anyway, I am so happy for you.” David squeezed his shoulder, smiling at him. “I just want you to enjoy yourself while there. And don’t mind me if I send you some office work on your honeymoon.”

“Not at all.” Eric laughed. “What can I say? I am a workaholic after all.”

He took a deep breath and threw himself in David’s arms, snuggling in. “I am gonna miss you so much, David.”

At that moment, David’s arms wrapped themselves around Eric and he breathed in more slowly, Eric’s body melting into David’s, closing his arms. They were like father and son and everyone admired their relationship.

“Well, well, well…” came a mocking voice. A voice that was way too familiar. “Isn’t this lovely? Why don’t you two go and get a room already?”

Eric and David slowly broke the hug. When Eric turned, he got irritated with whom he saw, Giada. She stood there with her hands on her hips, looking like a model that had paused on the runway. She had her hair in black color with shades of blue with a bang. She was wearing a beautiful, tight blouse with her cleavage exposed for the world to see and a tight leather skirt that reached her knees and showed off her killer curves.

She had her fake smile on. Eric rolled his eyes, crossing his arms on his chest.

“You know what, you’re very clever and I have to give you that.” She gave her cruel mocking laughter. “You claim you’re in love with someone and you even stole him from my son.” She said between clenched teeth. “And yet here you are, hugging and kissing a man old enough to be your father. Shame!”

Eric chuckled, raising an eyebrow. “Do you have a death wish?” He simply asked. “Stop your nonsense and get out of here. And by the way, shouldn’t you be looking for ways to revive your failing company?”

“You can say whatever you want but I am here to tell you that if you think you have won by manipulating Sergio into marrying you then you’re dead wrong.” She chuckled bitterly, an evil grin appearing on her face.

“Well, I am the one married to him.” He gave a killer smile. “So I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You can pretend but Sergio belongs to my son.” She snarled, getting even closer. “And very soon, their wedding is gonna happen and the entire world will get to witness. That is my promise to you. Sergio and Trevor will get married and you’re gonna witness and you’ll die because you won’t show your face to the world.”

Eric laughed, shaking his head. “Be careful what you wish for, stepmother!” He teased, making Giada feel like a fire had just started in her heart. “Especially now that I am Sergio’s groom. And be careful what you say to me because you’re in my territory. I can kill right here for trespassing but I don’t want to stain my hands with your cursed blood so if you can please leave, I will appreciate it.”

Giada’s cold fury burnt with dangerous intensity.

“Well, we’ll see. Don’t forget the person that I am, Eric!” She warned, raising her finger at him. “Don’t take my silence for weakness because I am a viper and when I strike, I don’t do it to hurt but to kill. You might just wake up one day and realize that you’ve got nothing. No one will even support you. No Sergio, no family, and not the man behind you who’s fucking you will be able to help you.”

“Are you threatening me?” Eric asked, losing the smile on his face.

“We’re gonna find out if that is a threat or a promise, Eric!”

Eric burst into laughter, touching his chest. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Now I know that you’ve gone insane. You need to see a psychiatrist because whatever is in your little mind, it won’t work.” He chirped, shaking his head in mock. “If I were you, I’d just go home and drown in my sorrows. There was no need for coming here, Giada. Just accept the fact that you lost and go home.”

He started moving closer to her, watching as her face completely changed to something he’d never seen before.

“I understand that it must hurt to lose, Giada. I really do. But…” He paused and mocked her with his smile. “…you need to be very careful what you say to me. I am no longer that boy you used to play like a ball five years ago. I am very different and your threats don’t do shit to me. So if I were you, I’d get my old overused carcass out of this building right now.”

Giada felt a sudden rage as Eric insulted her. She clenched her fists, tears welling in her eyes. Her rage held all the power of a wildfire, you could practically see the flames roaring in her eyes, ready to ignite anything that she came in contact with.

“How dare you?” She roared, her voice suddenly rising. “How dare you insult me? Do you know who I am?”

“How should I know when you don’t even know who I am?”

“Leave her, Eric!” David suddenly spoke, holding Eric’s arm. “Some people just like causing trouble. She’s not worthy of your time. Let’s just go.”

“Ooh…” Giada laughed although she was in so much pain. “…and then suddenly the sugar daddy comes to his toy boy’s rescue. You two are so shameless and disgusting. You might be able to fool everyone but you can’t fool me.”

“Mrs. Sandoval, I have respected you enough. But don’t push me otherwise, whatever threat Eric made, I will be the one to fulfill it.”

“You don’t scare me.” She laughed. “You and that bitch can fuck all you want but I will expose you. You stupid ugly people.” She was acting like a madwoman and she was yelling. “You can’t deny it. You’re fucking that old man and you stole my son’s husband because you are a bitch!”

As soon as she said those words, Giada felt someone grip her arm painfully. And when she turned to look at the person that had pulled her, a hand-cracked on her face, snapping it backward and causing her to reel sickeningly behind. She grasped her cheek as she robotically moved her head to look at the person that had dared given her such a dirty slap. She could have sworn she was bleeding.

However, when she looked at the person that had slapped her, her eyes widened beyond what she thought was possible as a harsh breath escaped her lips. Her heart gave a sharp pound, almost like it wanted to crack her ribs and escape from her chest. She felt a cold sensation go through her body as she let out a startled little gasp of pain.

The woman standing in front of her looked like a demon she’d only seen from horror movies. She had never thought she’d even get that scared.

“How dare you, Giada?” She snapped, raising her shaky finger. “Who the fuck do you think you are to talk to my son like that, huh? What gave you that right?”

Giada couldn’t believe it. Even Eric was a little shocked to see his mother standing there, looking like wonder woman about to beat an evil villainess.

She was dressed in a sexy, classy green dress that showed off her curves with green heels on her feet. Her hair was made of long layered fringe that just added the touch of glamour to her. She was wearing the beautiful necklace Eric had bought from the 30th-anniversary auction of Sergio’s company. She was amazing.

“Who the hell do you think you are to do that to my son, huh?” She gripped her arm painfully.

“How dare you lay your hand on me, Laurel!”

“What will you do, huh?” She dared, raising her eyebrow. “What the fuck will you do? Don’t regard me as a weak woman because you’ve got no freaking idea of the type of person that I have become. I am ready to kill you right now for even talking to my son.”

Giada’s rage was an inferno, burning so hot. She couldn’t believe Laurel had just slapped her.

“Do you even know what this son of yours…”

“And what did he do? Did he steal your husband?” Laurel chuckled bitterly. “If I were, I’d keep my mouth shut. As far as I know, you don’t have any right to talk that way to my son. Not everyone sleeps around like you for power and influence. Some of us like to work our way up.”

Giada furiously dropped her hand. “You’ll pay for this, Laurel. It’s like you and your son have forgotten who I am.”

“No, I have not forgotten who you are,” Laurel said with a stern look. “But before I completely remember, get the hell out of here otherwise, I’ll be arrested for murder.”

Giada dropped her eyes angrily, moving them like she had lost something. She was so filled up with anger that she was ready to blow.

“You know, after everything that has happened, I thought you’d end up mature. That you’d grow up a little.” Laurel laughed. “Looks like I was wrong. As far as I can see you still act like a little child who is afraid someone might take away her candy. But with all this evil and rage you have… direct it somewhere else and not my mind. You have no idea what I am capable of.”

Giada looked at Kim angrily and then at Eric before she stormed out of there. Her heels sounded as if they’d suddenly become heavy. She felt so embarrassed as everyone on that floor was just staring at her like she was an abomination.

“Mommy?”

Laurel got very emotional when she saw her son standing there looking like a perfect little angel. She rushed to him quickly and pulled him closer to her wrapping her arms around him. Her embrace was warm and her arms seemed very protective. The world around Laurel melted away as she squeezed him, not wanting the moment to end.

“My angel!” Laurel sobbed softly as she kissed his head. “I can’t believe I am holding you in my arms like this. I have missed this for so long.”

Eric held her for the longest time, feeling like a kid again. “Oh my God, I can’t believe that you are here, mommy. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

Laurel pulled away but held his head in her hands, staring deep into those beautiful eyes. “And miss this look on your face?” She chuckled emotionally. “Not a chance. I was so mad at you that I would have slapped. But I got out my anger on Giada instead.”

She pulled him closer again and held him tighter than the first time. Both of them were emotional and had tears in their eyes. They didn’t care who saw them. Mother and son had finally united again and that was the most important thing. David just watched with a smile.

“Hmm, should I join the party or what?”

Eric quickly pulled away from his mother when he heard that voice. He got so surprised and excited when he saw Douglas standing at a distance with his arms open wide, wearing the most gorgeous smile he’d ever seen on him.

He was looking so handsome in a pink designer’s shirt that he’d tucked in a black designer’s trouser with pitch-black shoes on his feet. His hair was made in a gorgeous pompadour and his bears were well cut that made him even more handsome.

Eric gasped and ran into those arms and he felt like he was in heaven when Douglas wrapped those arms around him. The feel of his body so close soothed Eric more than he had expected. But within seconds he pulled away and stared at Douglas with a smile on his face.

“Wait, why are you guys here?”

“What do you mean?” Laurel chuckled. “I told you I was gonna be here, didn’t I? I told you I wanted to have a word with that man who stole you away from me. There is no way in this world I was gonna be seated while you eloped with…”

“Mommy, please…” He chuckled nervously. “…it’s not entirely his fault and…”

But Eric was disturbed when he saw his nanny coming towards them with a smile. She was holding a beautiful baby that was dressed in a pink dress like Disney princesses with her hair tied beautifully with ribbons. He got so emotional and he couldn’t fight the tears that came rolling down his face. The baby saw him too as a smile popped up her face and she lifted her tiny arms.

“Lilly?” Eric gasped as he rushed to her. He kissed his nanny before getting the baby from her. “I missed you so much, little one!”

He placed kisses all over her tiny face and watched as she giggled in her sweet tone. Then he just held her closer to him, soothing her like she was crying. God, the peace that he felt couldn’t be compared to anything in this world.

“I can see you two missed each other,” Douglas said in a deep manly voice.

“Of course!” Eric rubbed his tear. “We’re very close. We’re bonded by blood. She’s my sister after all.”

Oh! Did I forget to mention that little detail? Well, Laurel and Douglas had gotten married three years back and laurel had given birth two years back. Lilly was such an angel and since her birth, Eric’s life had taken a perfect turn. He had even made a collection in her name when she was born.

“So where’s that man?” Laurel asked with a raised eyebrow. “I want to see him now.”

“Ma!” Eric laughed. “Can we please go home before I start acting like an emotional fool? I will call Sergio and he’s gonna come there.”

Eric said goodbye to David and then went on his way with his family. He felt so peaceful and so happy.

***

“Sergio, come back here!” Kim yelled as she rushed downstairs after her son. “I am talking to you. Why are you acting like a fool?”

Sergio sighed and started heading towards the exit. But he was suddenly pulled and turned by a raging Kimberly. She was breathing like a woman who was in prolonged labor. Her heart was racing and she felt like kicking something.

“Didn’t you hear me calling you?” Kim snapped. “How dare you ignore me? I am still your mother Sergio and you need to listen to me.”

“Sure!” Sergio slid his phone back in his pocket. “You’re my mother. But if you have anything to talk to me about aside from badmouthing Eric or insulting him, then we can talk. Other than that, this conversation is over, mommy.”

“Oh, so this is how it’s going to be now?” Kim chuckled bitterly. “You’re choosing him over me? I don’t matter to you anymore?”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Then what are you telling me?” She stomped her foot on the floor. “Why can’t you see that this boy is using you? He doesn’t love you at all. He’s gonna destroy this family.”

“Can you listen to yourself?” Sergio was tired of hearing his mother. “I am Eric’s husband so I should know exactly what kind of person he is. I have known him long enough and you’ve known him for only a few weeks and you know exactly what he is. I don’t have time for this.”

Kim snarled, pulling his son’s hand.

“Mom, please, let me go. Eric is already waiting for me. What the hell is your problem?”

“You are not listening to me.” She yelled. “Alright then.” She let him and go and got closer, staring into his eyes. “Don’t listen to me but that boy only married you for revenge. Until when will you realize that he’s just using you? He doesn’t love you.”

“You don’t know that.” He said hoarsely.

“Okay. Fine!” She seethed, clenching her fists. “Did you know that Eric is Brice’s illegitimate son, Giada’s evil stepson?” She asked, angrily shaking her head. “Did you know that that boy is taking revenge on Giada and he’s slowly destroying her fashion house? Did you also know that he’s been taking revenge on you because of your past? Do you also know that because of him, Giada’s family has been torn apart? Brice is no longer with them. Is that what you want to happen to our family too?”

Sergio was losing it. He was truly losing it. There was so much in his heart that if he started talking, he was gonna break his mother’s heart. He suddenly got angry and he just rested his hands on his hips, trying his best to stay calm.

“What?” Kim snapped. “Are you….”

“Yes! Yes! Yes! And yes!” He said harshly. “I know all about that. Now I know where this is coming from. You went to see that woman and she told you all that. But guess what mom, you don’t know anything about Eric. That boy has suffered so much because of you. I don’t even deserve his love because of what I did to him in the past.”

“I don’t care!”

“Well, you should, and since you’re listening to what Giada and Trevor tell you, did she also tell you how she tortured a 17-year-old boy?” He asked.

“She would never!” Kim shook her head.

“Did she also tell you how she schemed with Trevor to break a 17-year-old boy’s heart?” He asked with tears welling in his eyes. “Did she also tell you that she used me as a pawn in her dirty little game just so that she could hurt Eric?”

Sergio’s pain was slowly coming back.

“You can say whatever you want. I will never believe you since you’re so charmed by that stupid boy. But mark my words, that boy will destroy you. He’s using you.” She was breathing harshly. “Kick him out of this house and your life…”

“That’s not happening, mom.” He chuckled bitterly, rubbing his tears. “If you think I am gonna up my love for Eric then you’re sadly mistaken. My love for him keeps on blooming each second and I’ll love him even in death. And since we’re talking about imperfection, maybe it would interest you to know that I am the one who is imperfect, impure, and doesn’t even deserve his love.

I was the one that took his virginity all because of a stupid game and broke his heart the same day. Maybe if you were a good mother, you’d understand that and let your son be happy.”

Kim felt like a dark mist had settled upon her and refused to shift. She was staring at her son, wondering if those words had come from him. How could a person change so much in so little time, she thought? She couldn’t believe it. The old Sergio cared about her and her feelings. But this one didn’t care.

Sergio on the other hand couldn’t stand talking about that issue. He slowly turned and started leaving while rubbing his tears.

“Sergio, come back here.”

“For what?” He snapped, angrily turning. “What do you still want from me?”

“No, Sergio, you’ve got to choose,” Kim said harshly between clenched teeth. “It’s either me or Eric! Make your choice right now!”

Sergio laughed, staring at his mother like he’s just seen a ghost. “Are you serious?”

“Do I look like I am joking to you?”

“Mom, don’t make me choose because you wouldn’t like my answer for sure!” He said harshly.

Then he furiously turned and left the house.

Kim watched in pain as her son left. She stood there, as she felt her heart cracking like glass, spreading its pieces throughout her body. She felt like suddenly, her bright world had gone dark, like a big curtain being pulled across the sky. She stood there longing for her son while tears streamed down her cheeks but she knew he was no longer her son but someone else. Her heart slowed as she realized that she had probably lost her son to her enemy.

‘Don’t make me choose because you’ll not like my answer for sure.’

Kim sat on the staircase, staring at the entrance like she was expecting her son to come back and apologize like the way he usually did whenever they argued. But who was she kidding? He was gone from her and there was nothing she could do.

***

Sergio opened the door to Eric’s house and he didn’t even look where he was going. His mind was on his phone, reading a funny text from Steve. He had a brilliant smile on his face and he was chuckling to himself.

“Baby, I am here.” He announced, his voice a little louder. “My love, you sounded a little bit urgent. What’s going on?”

But he couldn’t hear Eric’s voice. He was about to call to him when he quickly raised his face and simply froze when he saw a woman standing in front of him with her arms crossed on her chest, staring at him with a raised eyebrow. She had a stern look on her face and he almost got nervous. He had almost bumped into her.

The woman was very beautiful, dressed like a rich woman smartly. Her face was made-up but not overdone. Somehow, he felt nervous with the look that she gave him and he couldn’t help but chuckle nervously.

There was a man that was seated in the living room with a cup of coffee but he was smiling at Sergio. Sergio had never seen the both of them before but they sure as hell gave him the creeps. He felt some tension rising in the air.

“Hello!”

Sergio didn’t sound sure. He waved nervously.

“Baby, Eric?” He hollered. “You didn’t tell me that we have visitors. Where are you, honey?”

“So it’s you,” Laurel spoke with a chuckle, a chuckle that scared Sergio a bit. “You’re the man that married, Eric?”

“Errr… yes!” He stuttered, raising an eyebrow. “I am his husband. Who are you?”

“Who am I?” Laurel asked harshly, dropping her hand to her hip. “Boy if only you knew who I was, you wouldn’t be so near me because I am so mad right now.”

“What?” He laughed, his eyes getting a bit wider. “What are you talking about, ma’am? Why would you be mad at me?”

“Really? Now tell me, why did you do it?” She asked with a stern look. “Why did you marry Eric?”

“Err…” He looked around like he was searching for something. “What do you mean by that? I don’t think I have to explain why I got married to Eric but I love him. I am sorry but who are you? You didn’t answer my question. There’s no denying you know Eric but….”

“Sergio?”

Sergio felt excited when he heard Eric’s voice. He saw him rushing down the stairs holding a baby. He didn’t know what was going on. But he moved to him and placed a kiss on his lips.

“Oh, you’re even kissing him in my presence, huh?” Laurel chuckled bitterly. “You didn’t answer my question, boy.”

“Mommy, please, leave my husband alone. You don’t wanna scare him.”

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Sergio felt his heart pound so deep in his chest that he groaned. His breaths quickened and his face lost its color. He became pale, scared, and nervous like a fool. He gulped, his hands instantly becoming sweaty. He stood still like a soldier awaiting instructions from his superior. His face became sweaty and he didn’t even realize he’d bit his lip.

“So are you ready to answer my question now?”

“Mother….. mom in law?” Sergio was acting like an idiot and Douglas couldn’t sit down anymore.

“Mom in law?” Laurel frowned, getting closer to the man.

Sergio held his breath as she came closer. He’d never felt as nervous as he did at that particular time. It was like he was standing in ice-cold rain and he was cold.

“Err… I…. I…. I…” He felt so tongue tied.

Laurel moved closer to him until she found herself staring in his face. She loved the fear that she saw in his eyes. It just showed how much he feared and respected her. She glanced at Eric and saw him smiling back at her.

“Eric, are you sure your husband is not a coward?” Laurel asked and then burst into laughter. “Just look at him! I am starting to enjoy being a mother in law already?” She laughed and then Douglas joined her. “Come on, don’t be so scared. I am not going to bite, much!”

Sergio felt like the air had just returned to him and he took a deep breath.

“But although I am happy after seeing you, I still have a lot of questions to ask you.” She warned, raising her finger. “You married my son without getting permission from his mother.”

“And father!” Douglas hollered.

“Mommy, come on.” Eric chuckled. “I told you that it was unexpected. We didn’t plan on it.”

“I am not talking to you, Eric.” Laurel raised her hand, gesturing him to be quiet. “I am talking to this tall cutie here. I bet the man that had dared marry my son without asking permission can handle himself, right?”

Sergio gulped. “Well, ma’am, I had no idea there was even gonna be a wedding.” He chuckled nervously. “I wouldn’t have loved to marry him without asking for your permission but the situation called for it. It was either that or both our lives were gonna be ruined. I am truly sorry.”

Laurel got even closer and she had a stern look on her face. Then she smiled and pulled him into a tight hug, patting on his back. Sergio’s worries and fear melted away with that simple hug. He smiled brightly, enjoying her warm embrace.

“I am happy for both of you.” Laurel felt emotional and tears welled in her eyes. “I had always dreamt of a moment when I would see my son happily married. But this wasn’t how I had imagined it. I had imagined preparing the whole thing and escorting my son to the altar where I would hand him over to his husband to be.”

“I am truly sorry, ma’am.” He apologized. Now he was feeling terrible. “The truth is that we both didn’t expect our marriage to come. It was just at the last moment that we realized that we couldn’t live without each other. But I promise that you’ll have time for that. We’ll officially get married soon.”

“How? The both of you are going for your honeymoon tomorrow.”

“Yeah!” He scratched his head, chuckling nervously. “That was before you came, ma’am. But…”

“You’re not canceling,” Laurel warned, raising her finger in warning. “The both of you will go on your honeymoon and be happy. And by the way, don’t call me ma’am. You can call me mother or mommy. We’re family now.”

“Yes, mother!” He nodded, chuckling.

“And I am your father in law,” Douglas said happily, shaking Sergio’s hand powerfully. “I am this beautiful young man’s step-father. But I don’t like the word so I am his father. Don’t mind him calling me Douglas. He just isn’t used to it. But you on the other hand…” He didn’t need to finish his sentence. Sergio got it.

“Yes, father!”

“Nice! You young people of nowadays are full of surprises.” Douglas said with a chuckle. “Today you’re our little bundles of joy and the next day, you’re married. I am just surprised you didn’t elope with my son.”

“What?” Eric laughed. “Elope? What’s the point? We just had to face our parents and society. But since you guys have taken it lightly then we’re okay.”

“We still have a lot to talk about. But for now, why don’t you come in, Sergio?” Laurel smiled brightly. “We’ll have this conversation over some lunch. Eric, why don’t you help me set the table?”

“Sure!” Eric kissed his husband and then went with his mother.

Sergio followed Douglas to the living room although he so much wanted to be with Eric. He’d missed him so much and just to hold him and kiss him. He didn’t even realize he was staring towards the dining area, checking Eric out.

“You know, I like you, Sergio,” Douglas said, patting on his back. “I think I can see that you genuinely love him.”

“I love him so much, sir!” He said with a smile on his face. “When I had hurt him in the past, I felt like I had hurt myself. I still can’t believe he was able to forgive me and accept my proposal.”

“You know what, Sergio, Eric needs you right now,” Douglas said with a sigh. “I am sure you’re aware of the things he’s been through in the past. He didn’t experience love from both parents and for five years now, I have been trying to fill that spot. He loves me and I love him too. But I still felt he needed more love than I could give.

But now, I feel that he won’t lack anything. I can see the love you have for him will make him so happy. He’s so lucky to have you in his life. Whom he can lean on. Someone who can be his strength in difficult times.”

“Sir, I truly love Eric.” He said with a stern face. “You can count on me for his protection and make him happy. I am ready to give up everything including my own life to ensure his happiness. I will never hurt him no matter what.”

“That’s good. If you promise me that then, I have nothing to worry about. Welcome to the family.” He extended his hand.

“I promise, dad!”

Sergio powerfully shook Douglas’ hand as they smiled brightly at him. That very moment, a maid came and called them to the dining room.

And man, they had a great time at the dinner table. The meal was delicious, the conversation was lovely and the mood was to die for. Laurel was a sweet woman, kind and loving. And Douglas was a funny man but a very good man.

Sergio felt at home and he laughed a lot. He even got to meet Eric’s beautiful baby sister. But something was bothering him. Although Eric’s family treated him with so much love and respect, Eric didn’t receive the same treatment from his mother. She was always cold and bitter towards him. He felt he didn’t deserve the treatment he got from Eric’s family. They should have also been hard on him.

They talked about Sergio’s family but Sergio told them the truth. They understood and hoped to meet Kim within a short period to talk about it and resolve their issues. But of course, since they were leaving the country for their honeymoon, Eric suggested they did it after they were back because at least then, Kim’s anger would have subsided. But of course, Adrianna was come and see them.

It was a very good day for the couple and they spent the entire day there.

***

Trevor was coming down the stairs, holding a glass of champagne. He was staring at his phone with a stern look on his face. He was only wearing sexy blue shorts with a black vest and sandals on his feet.

He suddenly heard the door furiously opening and found his mother entering and she was looking like she had just from a war. Her face was red with anger and the moment she reached the living room, she just stood there and threw her purse to the floor angrily. Trevor rushed down the stairs and started heading towards her with worry on his face.

“Mommy?” Trevor sounded worried. “What’s wrong? Are you okay? What…” He paused and gasped when he saw the red mark on her face. “Oh my God, who the hell did this to you?”

“That bitch!” Giada snarled, balling her fist. “How dare she lay her hands on me? Where did she get those nerves from?”

“Who?” Trevor was a little confused.

“Who else but that mistress bitch?” She yelled, stomping her foot on the floor. “That Laurel, your father’s mistress is back. She’s the one who did this to me. How dare she?”

“What? Eric’s mother did this to you?” Trevor frowned. He couldn’t understand a thing. “Laurel? I can’t believe this. That woman wouldn’t dare raise even a voice at you. She fears you like the devil himself. What happened?”

“You should have seen her.” Giada groaned. “She acted like a heroine, saving her son from my embarrassment in front of everyone. She slapped in front of those workers and…”

Before Giada could finish her sentence, her phone started ringing. She furiously took her purse from the floor and took out her phone. It was the financial manager of her company.

“What?” She snapped, breathing harshly. “What the hell did I tell you? Must you call me for any stupid…”

‘Ma’am, I had to.’ The man said in a sad tone. ‘There’s something majorly wrong. Three of our biggest business partners have pulled out of the company.’

Giada’s heart gave a violent pound in her chest and she visibly trembled. The fear sat on her as a pillow over her mouth and nose. Once again fear found her. It spoke to her in its cackling voice. It told her legs to go weak, her stomach to lurch and her heart to ache.

“What?” Tears welled in her eyes. “But that means that… no!” She cried. “That cannot be, please. Tell me you’re joking right now.”

There was a silence on the other end, a long one.

‘There’s more.’ The man spoke softly. ‘We’ve lost our biggest investors too and one of the loan firms just sent us a letter. We’re due and…’

Giada dropped her phone to the floor before the man could finish his sentence and she dropped to the couch as a billion tears streamed down her face. It was all over now. Those investors and partners had been all she had been holding on to, hoping they were gonna bring the company’s glory but now it was all over. She had been dethroned by Eric.

“Mommy?”

“He’s finally won!” Her palms were sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through her system was shutting down her ability to think logically. “He’s finally crippled me for real. What am I gonna do?”

Giada wanted to run or go to Eric and beat him to death. She wished for nothing but death for him. He’d finally managed to cripple her fashion house. Of course, she had other businesses but they didn’t do as well as the fashion house did.

“Mommy?” Trevor shook her and she looked at him with tears on her face. “What are you talking about?”

“Eric! He’s finally managed to cripple my entire company. We’ve lost business partners, investors and now we’re in debt. I don’t wanna lose my company, Trevor. I can’t lose it. I have worked so hard for it to just go down like that.”

“Mommy, calm down.” Trevor held her tighter. “There has got to be something we can do. We can call them and tell them to come back. They’ll listen because they’ve been with us for so long.”

Giada stopped crying and then looked at her son. Then a thought came to her. She knew in that situation, there was just one person that was gonna help her. It was only Kim that was gonna help her revive her company. She couldn’t wait anymore.

She quickly rubbed her tears and picked her phone from the floor. She didn’t waste any time in dialing Kimmy’s number. It wasn’t long and the phone started ringing.

‘Hello!’ Kim answered on the other end.

“Yes, Kim, I wanted to…”

‘I am sorry!’ Kim apologized on the other end. She didn’t sound like herself. ‘I don’t think I can do what I had promised you. The situation is now complicated.’

“What?” Giada gasped, feeling like all the air had left her lungs and they’d collapsed. “What are you telling me?”

‘I am not in control of my son anymore.’ She sobbed on the other end. ‘Can you imagine he threatened to leave me should I interfere in his relationship? I am so scared, Giada. I don’t think I can fulfill my promise right now. At least, not now.’

“Kim, you promised!” Giada said with tears rolling down her face. “What are we going to do?”

‘We’re not giving up but right now, I am not able to help you.’ She sighed. ‘I am so sorry.’

With those words, Kim cut the call on Giada.

“Kim?” Giada hollered. “Kim?”

Then she looked at her son as she slid the phone from her ear, more tears flooding her face. Her brain had shut down. Her eyes were as wide as if someone was coming to deliver the fatal blow.

“What?” Trevor asked with a raised eyebrow. “What did she say?”

“She… she cannot help us!” Giada stuttered, holding her son’s hands slowly. “She’s betrayed us, son. It’s over.”

His watery eyes enlarged and the hairs on the nape of his neck bristled. A gaggle of goose pimples laminated his rigid skin.

“What?” His voice sounded different. “B-but she promised. She promised me that Sergio was gonna be mine. What are we gonna do?”

But Giada couldn’t talk. She opened her mouth but no words came out. She was too scared to speak as she knew that it was all over. Her last hope had just abandoned her. She just shook her head at her son, feeling like she’d been stabbed in the heart.

Trevor on the other hand just dropped his eyes to the couch as hot tears started streaming down his cheeks like a river without any end. He’d never experienced such pain before. Not even when Sergio had married Eric. What was going on?

***

“Mommy, I will take care of myself,” Eric said with a chuckle as he slowly came down the stairs. “And besides, my husband is also going to be there. You don’t have to worry.”

‘Oh, now that you’re married I shouldn’t get to worry about you. Is that it?’

“Ma!” He sighed. “I didn’t say that. You just have other things to do there like take care of Douglas and Lilly. I don’t wanna be a burden.”

‘I am a mother.’ Laurel said on the other end. ‘It is in our nature to be worried. Just don’t forget to have fun while there. And don’t forget to send me pictures.’

“I will, mom.” He laughed. “Take care too.”

He cut the call and continued going down the stairs with a smile on his face. He was dressed in a sexy black long fishnet shirt with a white vest inside tucked in a black skinny jeans that showed off his gorgeous curves. He had black snickers on his feet and his hair was tied in a high fashion ponytail.

Finally, the day comes, the day that he had been waiting for, the day for him and his husband to leave for their honeymoon. He was just so excited that he couldn’t wait to reach Hawaii and just live his life without any disturbances. It was now time to enjoy his marriage to the fullest.

Eric was deeply lost in his thoughts that he didn’t even see Kim at the end of those stairs staring at him with an angry look on his face with her arms crossed. She looked so mad that those Disney evil queens would have been jealous. Eric almost bumped into her before he realized she was there.

“Oh, mommy…” He chuckled nervously. “…I am so sorry. I didn’t see you.”

“How do you live with yourself, Eric?” Kim asked harshly, shaking her head. “Because of you, my son has lost all his respect for me. His mother! He didn’t even tell me he was leaving this country with you!”

Eric lost the smile on his face, replaced by a frown. “I am sorry, mom, but…”

“You know, I thought I had problems before. But I have only realized that my biggest problem is you.” She chuckled bitterly. “You’re the biggest problem in this house. Everything used to be okay until you brought your ass here.”

“Err…”

“Don’t you say anything to me,” Kim warned, getting closer to him. “Don’t even bother to defend yourself because I don’t want to hear your annoying voice.” She yelled in his face. “You’re the reason why our family is broken today.”

“That was never my intention!” Eric sighed. “I know the way we got married wasn’t right. But the deed has already been done. Don’t you think it’s about time you…”

“Never!” Kim snarled, breathing like a beast. “I will never accept you for my son. And if you know what’s good for you, leave him alone and…”

“Mommy?”

It was Sergio and he was rushing down the stairs with a frown on his face and Adrianna was just right behind him. He was wearing a yellow t-shirt with brown trousers and brown shoes.

“What do you think you are doing?” He rushed to Eric and held him tighter. “Until when will you stop hurting my husband? Why can’t you just accept our marriage as a normal mother would?”

“Excuse me?” Giada gasped, shaking her head. “Don’t I have a right to have a say in your life anymore? Is this boy more important to you than your own mother? I gave birth to you and I have always given you what you wanted.” Tears welled in her eyes. “Is this how you’re gonna repay me?”

“Mom, please…” Sergio hit his head, feeling a little upset. “…I don’t want any of your emotional drama right now. We’ve got a plane to catch and…”

“Sergio, please, don’t talk to her like that…”

“Oh, please, don’t pretend like you’re not happy.” Kim snapped. “This is what you wanted. To get my son and my daughter away from me. To turn them against me.”

“Why would I want that honestly, mother?” He shrugged. “If I wanted to do that then they wouldn’t even be here. I love your son and it’s the truth.”

“You don’t have to explain anything to her,” Sergio said, holding Eric’s hand tightly. “I am tired of telling her the same thing. She’s a grown-up and she can do whatever she wants. She already knows how important our family is to me and maybe if I matter to her then she’ll accept whatever it is that makes me happy.”

“And what about me?” She prodded.

“Mom, please, we’re just going in circles with this conversation,” Sergio said harshly. “I respect you, I love you and you’re my mother. But I also love Eric and if my happiness matters to you then you’ll accept him as well.”

With those words, Sergio took his husband’s hand and they both started heading outside with Adrianna right behind them. Eric felt terrible and he couldn’t help but glance at Kim as they left the house.

Kim on the other hand remained there as the tears decorated her face. She cried softly, dropping to the floor. She couldn’t understand where her son was, her beautiful son that used to listen to her. This one was different. She just remained there crying softly.

***

Giada was seated on a small chair near the window, staring outside the window. All she was, was sadness, every other emotion had been pushed from her being. Where there was love, the light, the laughter was an aching hollowness.

She had a husband, a high status in society, a son that used to smile all the time. But now, everything had been taken away by Eric. He had ruined her life. Her company was becoming messier and messier each day and now she didn’t know what to do.

The urge to cry came and web, chaotic, powerful, spilling hot tears. In between the floods, it sat heavily on her heart. She would describe her sadness and pain like death by a billion paper cuts, for every time she remembered her loss it was another cut to her already damaged heart and mind. None were enough to kill her, but over time their accumulation bled her of the status and pride she once had. She was a queen, happily married but now not even one person wanted to associate with her. If only her husband had been there.

Suddenly, she heard her phone vibrate annoyingly. Giada sighed gloomily, taking her phone to see what other tragedy had befallen her. But when she opened her phone to check the message, she froze where she stood. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t even breathe. She felt her heart pounding in her chest and it echoed in her ears as she read the message.

‘I know you desperately need help to get to the top again.’

Giada’s heartbeat so loudly that it seemed to want to escape from her chest. She frowned as she tried to make up the message. She glanced at the sender and found that the line was private. And before she could even come to her senses, another message popped up.

‘If you’re interested, rush to the place which I’ll send.’

Before long, an address came and Giada jumped up. She held the phone, staring at the screen like she was expecting something to emerge from there. There were lots of questions on her mind and fear struck her. She re-read the message and each time she did, she got really scared.

“Who would send me this?” She asked, taking a sharp gasp. “What if it’s a trap?”

But Giada knew that she had lost everything. What harm was it gonna cause to check who the person was, she thought as she took a deep breath? The person was either gonna help her or do something bad. But nothing was gonna be as bad as the situation she was in.

She quickly rushed to her closet to change. It was now or never.

***

Giada entered the room she’d been directed to and was welcomed by darkness like the thick velvet curtain of the theatre. She let her eyes wander, looking all around but she couldn’t see a thing. The room had a spooky charm, it was dull and quiet. It was cold too and Giada started getting chills. She felt like she’d walked in the devil’s den.

“H-hello!” She stammered in a weak voice. “Is somebody in here? I… I… I had received a message. I am here now. Show yourself. Why did you bring me into this darkness? I am here now. Show yourself.”

At first, Giada thought she was imagining things but there was that familiar scent of a cigar and it felt nearby. Then suddenly, a light went on at the table which was only able to view only a part, an empty seat near the table with papers all over that table. There was a figure across that table and it was smoking but Giada couldn’t even see a thing. She could tell that whoever the person was, was smoking.

“H-hello!”

“Sit down Giada!”

His voice was nothing like Giada had ever heard before. It sounded like a drum, but deeper, like a tuba, but deeper. It echoed through the room. His voice was like the magma chamber of a volcano, deep, but entirely with the molten rock. His voice was powerful enough to make your bones feel like they were vibrating.

“Are… are you the one that had called me here?”

She was so scared that her heart was pounding in her chest but she tried to ignore it and slow her breathing. She was visibly trembling because she couldn’t see who the man was or how he looked like.

“Sit down, Giada!” The man said or rather commanded.

Giada silently walked towards the chair and she silently sat, trying to calm herself down. She was trying to see who the man was but the light that was directed at her face was impossible. What if she was meeting the devil?

“What do you want from me?” She muttered. “You said you could help me. And how do you know about me?”

“I know everything, Giada, and I also know what you’ve been going through.” The man chuckled. His laugh was even creepier. “And I also know what kind of person you are.”

Giada was surprised. “You know who I am? What do you want from me?”

There was a silence for a few seconds before she heard a thud on the table. She quickly looked there and saw a file.

“Open it!” The man ordered.

Giada opened the file and she started going through it. As she did, the adrenaline started coursing through her veins and her eyes widened. She quickly raised her head, staring at the finger that was blowing out smoke. She didn’t know whether he was smiling.

“That is a contract that is worth millions.” The man chuckled. “You can get your glory and position as the queen of this city, goddess if you want. Along with that, you’re gonna get security and my protection. You’re gonna be untouchable.”

Giada tingled from her head to her toes. She felt like every fiber of her being was vibrating in anticipation. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins. Her hands trembled and her eyes were wide. Her mind was like a butterfly, whatever distraction she chose for herself, her mind kept on fluttering back to the contract in her hand. Then she’d get that tingly feeling all over again.

“Why?” Giada felt like peeing in excitement. It felt like a dream. “Why me?”

“Because I know you, Giada. I know what kind of woman you are. You are desperate for power, riches, and influence. I am ready to provide that for you.”

Giada was smiling brightly but then again, she lost the smile on her face.

“But you wouldn’t just be helping me. What’s the catch? I know how these things work.”

The man chuckled, taking in a harsh breath.

“Don’t they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend?” He asked. “I could use your services. The both of us harbor the same enemy and we both want the same thing. I know we can help each other out. I can help you get your revenge on them all.”

The moment she heard ‘revenge,’ Giada knew she was interested. The need for revenge was like a rat gnawing at her soul, relentless, unceasing. It could only be stopped by the cold steel of a rat trap, a trap he would devise himself.

“I am listening.”

“I want you to sign the contract, Giada.” The man instructed in his scary voice. “However, know that I cannot be betrayed because I’ll destroy you before you even think about it.”

“Why would I?” She chuckled, giving an evil grin. She felt like a queen already. “When you’re offering me the entire world? I wouldn’t even think of it. Now if you don’t mind, show me the face of the man I’ll be making a deal with.”

“All in good time, Giada.” The man said. “You need to show me that you can be trusted. Then I’ll show my face to you. Now, are you interested in causing some destruction and taking back whatever you’ve lost?”

An evil grin appeared on Giada’s face like a cobra seeking its prey as she took the pen.

“With pleasure!”

She began signing the contract. And as she did, she felt evil and powerful. She didn’t care who the man was or what he wanted to do. All she cared about was getting her lost power and glory. It was gonna be payback time.

“Nice, Giada!” The man laughed maniacally. “You’re more than I had thought.”

“Well, I don’t know you but…” Giada chuckled like an evil queen from a fairytale. “…the devil is not evil the only evil ones are us.”

To be continued….

Thanks guys for reading this chapter to the very end and all the love you’ve shown for me. Please, don’t forget to drop your comments and rates. Just a few more chapters to wrap this story up guys. We can make it.
The theme songs for this chapter are, ‘forever’ by Angeline Quinto and Erik Santos, ‘Helplessly,’ by Tatiana Manaois, ‘Power,’ by Little Mix and ‘The heart wants what it wants,’ by Selena Gomez.
Chapter 13 will drop very soon and it will be a bomb. I promise!
Feel the passion…
Copyright © 2020 vanalas; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Thanks to everyone that took the time to read my work. I really love you all guys a lot. Don't forget to drop your comments about what you  think about my work.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Go Laurel! Who’s the new villain? We’ve got the manipulative & self-centered Kim who only cares about herself expressed by her own comments such as how Trevor is the son-in-law that would make “her” happy, Giada the evil queen who only cares about money & power as well as who’s gotten the help of a literal witch, Trevor who like his mom I thought only wanted money & power though now I think he actually has some feelings for Sergio even if they are twisted, and now we’ve got the “devil”? Is David his enemy or Eric? We don’t know what all has gone on while Eric’s been away yet I dunno what he could have done to anger someone like this unknown, influential figure. I think the guy that liked Eric and was Sergio’s former friend was called Henry so maybe he’s involved, though surely he’d consider Sergio his enemy rather than Eric unless he’s still angry Eric didn’t want to be with him. Could also be Eric’s so called friend who tried to rape him yet apparently left little of an impression on me as I can’t recall his name. Seems kinda overly dramatic and out there for it to be either of two guys who once lusted after Eric so I’m assuming it’s a new character, though these guys do love their dramatics so who knows? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
Edit: I noticed an autocorrect typo and while I was here I agree with @Philippe that this new “villain” could actually be part of Eric’s plan though while it’s calculating and I know he’s seeking revenge it feels sorta unnecessary in the sense she’s ruined regardless. Giada’s company and her reputation would be over with if it weren’t for this contract based on how things were going as she appeared to be poised to lose everything. Just seems a tad over the top but hey if I were Eric I’d go big! The chili won’t turn out good if you don’t stir the pot every so often. 😉 I’m very interested to see if this is all part of his plan, though I have no doubt that either way it’ll blow up in Giada’s face.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Hmmm 🤔, Eric has been in a long term game plan of revenge against the ones that have taken so much from him. It’s no secret the most important person in his life has been forever his mother. Giada manipulated Brice, Eric, and even Laurel to extract maximum pain and destruction of Laurel. But even Brice has made it clear he is beyond the manipulations that Giada continues at the expense of all reason. Giada has made plenty of enemies so it is no wonder that as her ship appears to be talking on water, few are willing to help her bail.

The insistence of the contract, and that it must be Giada’s choice whether to sign, speaks to the fact that this is indeed a plan with an inside knowledge of Giada’s situation, the reports Eric had of Giada’s company, the effort to ensure it is proceeding via Giada’s own greed, and the terminating phone call where Eric was asking if an unidentified “he” was ready to proceed, all seem to point towards Eric implementing his plan.

The absence of Brice except to return for a last ditch effort to connect and rescue Travis, and now for Laurel to return more organized than an a mere excited mom but with the entire family; including a step dad with the voice of a deep volcano and a love for his step son and his mother, both hurt immensely at the hands of Giada. This plan to make the family safe seems to be elaborate family and friends coordinated effort that may go back to the very beginning of Giada’s appearance in Brice’s life.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..