Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 1,668 Words
  • 1,094 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love and Again - 3. Chapter 3: The Twilight Struggle

The Twilight Struggle

 

H'Ajar and Eannatum names are long forgotten. The empire of Eannatum fell like many empires after it. The land was still fresh and lively with artisans and craft makers of all fields. Towards the west of Sumer, a pair of cities dominated the trade of artisans and craftsmen. The city of Sodom and Gomorrah were the centers of commerce and intellect. Many will later claim debauchery and sin upon these lands, but history is written by the victors. Only those that have read the book of changes can clearly see what the truth is. Those that claim to be messengers or prophets have usually failed to deliver much in truth or they plainly wish deception.

 

H'Ajar had migrated his soul to this land and he was born to the family of Lan. His birth name became Mattaniah. Eannatum remained in Sumer and was born to the family of Zadash, his birth name became Zekesh.

 

The Zadash family was composed of traders; they travelled from their home in Sumer to distant lands through the desert and the fields. Zeke, who's nicknamed was a favorite of his family's jokes, travelled to Sodom on a caravan mission at the age of 16.

 

Matt, who was equally befallen with such a fate of being nicknamed, was born to a family of artisans in the city of Sodom. He was 17, when the caravan had arrived at Sodom.

 

The two boys met at the bazaar, where Matt tried to impress a high price on one of his pottery pieces with Zeke as his customer. Zeke, being a trader, expressed disbelief at the outrage for the costs of this simple pottery piece. An argument erupted and Zeke accidentally or perhaps through the chance of fate broke the pottery piece. Matt was furious and Zeke was not apologetic. The local magistrate, seeing Zeke's apathy, ordered the boy to one year's service in the artisan house of Matt's family. The Zadash family tried every bribe, every persuasion, and every plea to free one of their own, but it was to no avail.

 

Zeke grew accustomed to the work of a craftsman and became an expert in the field of paint. He developed a continuing rivalry with Matt, but he also developed a deep fondness beyond his control for him. Matt became jealous at how this mere trader could surpass him in his own field. He began creating more elaborate pieces of pottery; more brilliant in color and more desirable than any that came before. Yet, Zeke remained a strong competitor with his natural skill at paint.

 

One night, Matt confronted Zeke, while Zeke was bathing in the nearby watering hole. Zeke was completely naked in front of Matt, who was completely red with fury.

 

"Why hath you taken my place in my home?" Matt asked Zeke.

 

"Why hath you denied me my place in my home?" Zeke retorted to Matt

 

"You destroyed my work and never gave a plea of conscience" Matt said

 

Zeke had just realized that the work of Matt was made with as much trial and tears as his work had been. He felt horrible for the way he acted against Matt.

 

"I am sorry Mattaniah for I never knew thy skill or work before being placed under such condition," Zeke said and approached Matt in his naked form.

 

Matt had not expected this from his nemesis and could not turn away the sexual draw that Zeke's naked body was having on him. There was an intense tension in the air, but Zeke sensing and seeing Matt's desires as equal to his own made the first move. He did what no other man would dare to do in the openness of nature; he embraced and kissed Matt as if he were a woman. Matt felt the rush and for a brief moment could remember the past life of H'Ajar and Eannatum with its passion and love. He began to strip his garments and the two consummated their love in the open watering hole that night. An older man from the city had caught the two lovers in their embrace and cried out: "Perversion of Nature; hath you no shame!"

 

In the days to follow, a great conflagration occurred in Sodom and its sister city of Gomorrah; the two boys were being placed on trial for the acts of love that they had expressed. The older man was named Lot, a man known for his piety and upright disposition against any circumvention against the rules of the one true God that he believed in.

 

The magistrate began to hear Lot's argument as many had assembled to see the outcome of this trial:

 

"My friends, what type of city do we live in that'd allow perversion to take place. I dare not speak what had occurred that day, but I can clearly say that these two demons befouled our watering hole and they dare to share the forbidden love" Lot began his argument.

 

Matt stood to defend their standpoint, "Everyone around the city of Sodom or Gomorrah knows that if they want a good night of pleasurable sleep, then they'd go to house of Lot and visit your two daughters. Where hath our actions compared to your own for selling your daughters in such a way, Lot. I and Zekesh have broken no laws, but the laws of unmerciful hate. Yes, hate for our love is true and real, we do not share our bed with other or pay for it as some will do. Why must I and all those that share our common love be denied?"

 

"You DEMON, God shall see to it that your fates are damned for all eternity. How dare you question what God hath created in our laws?" Lot retorted violently after he heard the statements about his prostituting his daughters, which was true.

 

"What law has God given us? What truth has God delivered on us? You are merely stating laws of man that have been placed so high above all else that they are viewed as made by God. No, God would never prohibit acts of love, but the acts of hatred and betrayal to your own family as you have Lot will be remembered and for generations hence" Matt responded in articulate way.

 

The magistrate had mixed emotions, but he was also in love with another as Matt and Zeke were in love with each other. He could not damn them or forsake his own heart for the mere words of a zealot. Whatever shall come, he must act out of his own heart and out of love.

 

"I cannot deny these boys their love; it is proper and fitting to love one another as they have. They share their love only with one another and believe so strongly in that love that it comes before all else. I know we have longed viewed such acts as wrongs against God, but why? Have we never thought that this law was wrong? I shall admit to sharing my bed with another man and I ask each of you the same admittance. Have you never loved a man or boy equally as you would a woman? Thus, the laws shall forever be changed in our city of Sodom and if the magistrate of Gomorrah, my lover, shall agree, there as well!" the magistrate gave his decision.

 

Lot looked ultimately defeated and swore vengeance upon the city as he left the palace of the magistrate, "God shall deliver has wrath upon you and my future generations shall forever damn you. We shall find every Sodomite and slaughter them. We shall find every province that shelter your kind and destroy them. We shall hunt you down in any place, any time, and any realm until the end of time."

 

Zeke and Matt embraced after the trial and petitioned the magistrate to allow them a ceremony as equal to that of those, who are bind in marital union. The magistrate was ecstatic about the idea and allowed it to pass.

 

For many years, the city of Sodom will produce a new type of pottery with great artistic vision and paints of vivid images that will inspire future generation to come. Zeke and Matt's fate as lovers and as partners were fixed, but Lot's breed would also be fixed on their deaths and final elimination.

 

Years passed and nothing was heard from Lot's breed for a time; however, they did come back. In numbers greater than what was known possible. They brought with them weapons of fire and hardened black swords of iron. The cities were sacked, burned, and annihilated down to the last man. Zeke and Matt were old men watching the destruction of their city and lamenting their own hands in it.

 

Matt asked the question that Eannatum had asked his past self, "Do you regret being MINE?"

 

Zeke responded with tears, not of sadness, but joy, "I would never give up what we have created here even if it lasted only a short time. If it should take a thousand years or two thousand years or even Three thousand years hence, we shall rebuild this city, no matter what forces Lot or his descendants may bring onto us"

 

The moment of determination was cut short as soldiers entered their home. They tried to provide a small struggle, but in their advance age, they were no match. Their bodies were taken and mutilated by the conquering soldiers. No proper burial or funeral will ever be given to these two noble men and their story shall be supplanted by venom of the conquerors within their holy texts.

 

Again, the souls leave our plane for the next life of adventure and struggle, not merely for love, but also for far greater truths than any of us could imagine.

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..