Jump to content
    Wayne Gray
  • Author
  • 750 Words
  • 1,665 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Prompts/Ideas - 1. Demonic Dentistry

A narrator/MC with a sailor mouth is ahead. FYI

The first thing I noticed was the god damned odor. I frowned, my arms occupied with bags of groceries, and struggled to enter my tiny apartment in New York.

"What the fuck is that?" I mumbled as I kicked the door shut. I walked through the living room, my nose wrinkled and sniffing. I walked behind the back of the couch, not bothering to flip on the light. I knew the layout well, and the meager light from the mounted fixture on the side of the apartment complex that shined through the window was plenty enough.

"Sulfur?" I pushed my bags onto the bar counter. My thoughts centered around calling the super of the building. There had to be a reason for the almost overpowering scent of what could only be described as brimstone.

I flipped on the light in the kitchen. A cheesy, mushroom risotto was on the menu for the night. A friend who swore by the Instant Pot finally convinced me to purchase one, and my first recipe in the machine was one he raved about.

"All right, Tim." I unpacked my groceries. "This had better be…"

The sound of movement in the living room made my head come up. I waited for a moment. I had to have been hearing shit. I had just walked through the room and unlocked the door to enter. There was no way anybody else was…

"Unnnngggg." A groan from the living room startled the fucking shit out of me. It was a wonder I didn't screech like a twelve-year-old girl at a sleepover watching Friday the 13th movies. Instead, I almost pissed myself and stood stock still, eyes wide.

I stared, horrified as a dark, humanoid shape sat up on the couch. I could see what appeared to be a bare-chested man sitting, swaying a bit on the furniture. But, there was something off about his profile.

I pulled my biggest chef knife from the wooden block. Somehow I held it steady and stepped around the edge of the bar splitting the kitchen from the living room. "Buddy, you're in the wrong…" My words stopped as soon as I stood in front of him. Now I could see exactly what the universe had decided to throw into my path on that night.

He blinked at me, an addled glassy look in his yellow, dilated eyes. His skin was a dark, deep red - almost black in the gloom. His hair was stark white, short, and full on his head. Two graceful, thick, black horns swept up and forward, jutting through his hair. He was muscular, naked, and decidedly male. His pubic hair was just as white as that on his head and framed a thick, flaccid cock.

I stood, gaping. The creature grimaced and put a hand up on the right side of his face. He closed his eyes, and frowned in that universal sign - he was in pain.

I'm not exactly brilliant, even at my best. Instead of pulling out my fucking phone, and calling the police, I just stood there. I stood there while this demon, or whatever the hell he was cradled his jaw and groaned.

Finally, I got over the fact that my visitor was not at all human and I cleared my throat. I knew he wasn't any threat to me. The only thing he had done was sit there and grunt in pain.

"So." I heard how calm my voice was and it surprised me. "I'm Wayne. You, ah, you're in my apartment." I looked down at the knife in my hand. I felt a little silly threatening my unexpected guest with it, and I put it down on the bookshelf beside me. "Did you mean to come here?"

That glassy stare again rested on my face. He shook his head. The demon swallowed and pointed at itself. "Ghankan." Then his eyes widened. I felt an immediate connection thrum between us. This thing had just told me his True Name. In a lot of superstitious writing, a demon's true name gives whoever knows it power over that being.

Well, I wasn't a believer. Not until that moment.

"Okay, Ghankan." The big, addled demon shivered when I spoke his name. Instantly I knew the circumstances behind his situation. Even demons occasionally needed dental work. Drunk on painkillers, Ghankan had teleported himself into my apartment instead of his lair.

And that's how I became the master of a 4,500-year-old demon with a toothache.

Saa0_DQGmFNEhemjd47st0rZFlmeFfNvFesmsnSI_a8sopu3xownvJa0wQt63SjC5ZOItMZEd-v31V_p8ZA8jHbvfStwumP8v8Xi10CdgLBrZN4LkzWVrloSmWP381GIFGER9GVu

I pasted the story prompt I used for this little exercise. Didn't follow it exactly, but, eh, this is my version. 🙂
Copyright © 2019 Wayne Gray; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Haha 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yeah, Tim is Instant Pot’s biggest fan and best ambassador!
;–)

You don’t stay inside the lines when you color, do you?
;–)
 

The tags made me wary of reading this story, but I’m glad I ignored them this time!
;–)

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Yeah, Tim is Instant Pot’s biggest fan and best ambassador!
;–)

You don’t stay inside the lines when you color, do you?
;–)
 

The tags made me wary of reading this story, but I’m glad I ignored them this time!
;–)

tim, I feel, is a bit of an evangelist of the Instant Pot.  But, hey, it brings him joy.  Why not?
I don't stay inside the lines when I color.  That's why I don't do art!
I'm glad you read it.  It's a goofy little romp.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I don't stay inside the lines when I color.  That's why I don't do art!

Kids and adults who dabble in artistic crafts stay inside the lines. Rebels and artists ignore the lines. Just being LGBTQ+ means we aren’t staying inside the lines! The patriarchy wants you to stay inside the lines. Corbin didn’t stay inside the lines…
;–)

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

This is awesome, really enjoyed it.

Thanks, Chris!  😊

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

Kids and adults who dabble in artistic crafts stay inside the lines. Rebels and artists ignore the lines. Just being LGBTQ+ means we aren’t staying inside the lines! The patriarchy wants you to stay inside the lines. Corbin didn’t stay inside the lines…
;–)

mad man ... i think i've written that before ...

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

mad man ... i think i've written that before ...

Entirely possible.  🙂

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Oh, this is so good. LOL … you need some cider-fuel so you can write some more. 

No!  Lol.  God, no.  I already have a loose plot in my head.  I need to stop thinking about it!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
17 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

Thanks Wayne! This was a lot of fun! The word clever comes to mind.

Thanks, Jeffrey!  It was a lot of fun to write!  😄

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Did Ghankan eat your cat? Is Ghankan a worthy substitute for a feline? How does it feel to be a demon’s human?
;–)

I had very different thoughts when I reread the story…
;–)

Link to comment
4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Not sure how I missed these story prompts, now I got some binge reading to do, a great short story!!!

They're just short ideas/scenes.

Ohhh ... did you make it to Brian and Aaron? Hahahaha

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..