Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 1,158 Words
  • 640 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dawn - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Rumors

-Can you please respect my privacy?


Late the next day, Jacob woke up in his room and walked up the steps that led to the rest of the house. He got to the door and heard voices that weren’t his parents. Slowly he walked up the stairs until reaching the dining room, where a group of his parents’ friends were sitting around. Jacob could feel the stress in the air.
“Jacob! I’m glad to see you made it home alright!” His mother said standing up from the table, “Tea?” She snapped and a pot of water appeared on the stove.
Jacob pulled the ottoman over from the couch and sat on it, “What happened?”
Chace hung up his cell phone saying; “Sierra, Kim and Jason all saw vampires last night. TJ’s on his way back now, he has found spell books for your mom and I to use.”
Sierra politely left the table and grabbed Jacob’s arm. She took him to the door of his house. “I want you to watch out, Jacob,” she said, “If I were you, I wouldn’t go near Damian. It just seems rather odd that once he shows up, vampires start appearing”
Sierra smiled and hugged Jacob and left the house. Jacob ran down to his room, picked up his keys and cell, and ran upstairs to tell his mom he was going to the mall.
He opened the door to his car and found a note on the front window. Hi Jacob, do you think we can hang out? Come on over if u wanna! C U l8rz! Damian. It read. He turned the key and drove off.
Pulling up to Damian’s house he saw a boy of about 13 years of age playing in the yard. Jacob noticed the curtain fall as the door opened to the house. Damian ran to the car and greeted Jacob with a hug and said, “Hey! You got my note! Yay! Well, come on inside.”
Jacob walked up to the door and Damian smiled and pulled the screen door open. The inside of the house was bright and bathed in sunlight. A woman was in the kitchen cooking what smelled like lasagna. Jacob followed Damian down the hallway that led to Damian’s room. They walked inside and, without realizing it, Jacob shut the door.
Damian walked to his CD player and pushed the button. The CD wasn’t Jacob’s style, but he knew it was Evanescence.
Turning around, Damian said, “So. How did you sleep?”
“Great!” Jacob responded, “It was this morning that was a little off.”
Damian looked at Jacob and asked, “Why?”
“My mom’s friends were all over,” he began, “The quote and quote hunters. Apparently there are vampires in S. V. I doubt it; it was probably a cloud moving overhead. My friends get freaked out so fast.”
Jacob looked over at Damian who had a look of shock on his face. “Are you OK?” he asked.
“No, nothing’s OK now!” Damian said shakily, “This is bad. Are you one of those hunters too?” Jacob shook his head and Damian continued, “OK. But your parents are?” Jacob nodded, “Listen, I like you, you’re like my best friend right now. I don’t really have any friends; my mom doesn’t trust them. But anyway I’m going to tell you something but you need to swear on your life you won’t tell anyone.”
Jacob, taken aback by all this, slowly said, “Yes, I promise.”
“Don’t freak out. Please don’t.”
With that Damian closed his mouth and opened it again. His canines seemed to have grown about half an inch. Damian closed his mouth really fast, retracting the fangs back into his gums.
“Holy fucking shit!” Jacob yelled, “It’s you? What the fuck? Oh my fucking God. My family’s friends want to kill you! My mom and dad want to kill you! Your neighbors want to kill you! Fuck!”
“Please Jacob! I don’t want to die! Please. Please don’t tell anyone,” Damian said as tears poured down his face.
Jacob sat down on his bed, “I guess this means we can’t date?” Jacob smiled to ease the tremendous stress on Damian. Of course he wouldn’t tell. He hated his parents.
Damian sat down next to Jacob, put his hand on his thigh and said, “Whoever said that? It just means that you push me away whenever I try to give you a hickey. I didn’t realize you wanted us to hook up as well.”
“You couldn’t tell? Yeah, a hickey from a vampire might not be so easy to cover up. I don’t know if we should date though because Gideon likes me too, and I don’t want to hurt him like I have in the past.”
Damian frowned, “I could tell he liked you. But it felt like he liked me when I was sitting on his lap in your car. If you know what I mean.” Both boys burst into laughter. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
“Damian! Lunch!” She opened the door and looked over at Jacob, “Hi, I’m Damian’s mother, you can call me Kelsey. Would you like to eat with us?”
“Very nice to meet you Kelsey; I’m Jacob. You have a very nice house. And yes, I’d love to eat with you,” Jacob paused and looked at Damian, realizing what he just said, “I think.”
His mom shut the door and he looked over at Damian.
Damian laughed and said, “Don’t worry, my mom cooked lasagna for us. No blood. She knew you were coming over.”
“Oh thank goddess,” He said (Jacob is Wiccan, like his mother), “How did you guys know I was going to come over?”
“Come on! An offer to my house! How could you refuse?” Once again the boys laughed.
They walked out of his bedroom and into the kitchen where Kelsey had slabs of lasagna on 4 plates. She smiled and handed each of them a plate and said, “Enjoy!”
They walked back into his room and Damian shut the door this time. Jacob turned around and Damian was right behind him. Jacob closed his eyes for a second and waved a hand over the plates and he let go of his. It was floating. Damian let go of his and it too hovered.
“How did you do that?” Damian asked in awe.
“It’s magick. My mom taught me simple spells when I was younger,” Jacob said softly.
Jacob put his hand on Damian’s chest. He could feel his heartbeat; it started to speed up. Jacob smiled and Damian felt a sudden chill.
Damian pulled Jacob close and whispered, “What did you do to me?”
“I gave you a chill,” Jacob giggled at him, “More like what have you done? You’re driving me crazy.”
Damian pulled him close and kissed him softly on the lips. Jacob looked over at the plates, which still were levitating and started to eat.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..