Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 334 Words
  • 787 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dawn - 9. Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Running on Faith

-I've always been one to take each and every day.


Allison was beginning to panic. Not only did her son hang up on her, but also he wasn’t where she thought he was. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed Sierra’s number. She already had been to Damian’s house; where else could he have gone?
“Hello?” the soft voice of Sierra dragged her out of the trance she was in.
“Sierra darling, have you heard from Jacob?” Allison’s panicky voice shook.
Sierra responded, “Not since last night. He didn’t come home?”
“No,” she could feel tears begin to form, “I don’t know what to do!”
“Does Mike know he’s missing?” Sierra was trying to calm her down.
The silence that proceeded answered her question. Sierra didn’t know what to say. She knew his mom didn’t know what to do.
“I’ll figure out what to do,” Allison said shakily, “If you hear from him, call me.”
She turned off the phone and started to drive around town, going to all the places he might go. She looked all day. He wasn’t in the park, the ice cream parlor, or the empty school.
Suddenly her cell phone began to vibrate. “Hello?” she said clicking the receive button.
A mysterious voice responded, “Mrs. Creld?”
“This is she. Who is this?” Her hand began to shake.
“I am Damian’s mother, Kelsey,” she answered.
“Who?” then volume of her voice seemed to be increasing at an uncontrollably rapid pace.
Kelsey’s voice hinted fear, “Your son’s friend’s mother. I’m afraid that Jacob had to come with us on an emergency family matter.”
“What matter?” Allison was trying to control her temper, but everything that came out proved her efforts fading.
“We had a sudden death in the family, Jacob knew him,” Kelsey answered, “I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”
Allison hit the ‘off’ button so hard that she cracked the screen. “Fuck!” she screamed and drove back home, tears pouring down her face.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..