Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 944 Words
  • 666 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dawn - 6. Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Soldier

-I need a soldier that ain't scared to stand up for me.

After Jacob finished his dinner, he stood up and walked over to his shoes, “I have to be going; my mom might be worrying about me,”
“Do you think you could stay the night?” Damian said with a wink.
Jacob giggled and pulled his cell phone. He called his mom and smiled as he hung it up saying, “She said yes.”
“I was kidding, but hell, I’d love to spend a night with you,” Damian said giving Jacob a hug.
“Same here. Except with you, not me. You know what I’m saying.”
“What do you want to do?” Damian giggled.
“Whatever a vampire’s boyfriend does for fun!” Jacob whispered.
Damian walked over to the window and separated the curtains. He pulled them all the way open and opened the window. He walked over to his closet, pulled out a sweatshirt and handed it to him. Jacob put it on wondering what Damian was thinking.
“Let’s sneak out!” Damian whispered to him.
Jacob, used to sneaking out, nodded and walked over to the window. Damian helped lift him out. Damian then pulled himself out of the room and the boys started to walk.
“Where are we going to go?” Jacob asked.
“I don’t know,” Damian said, “How about to my cousin, Adam’s, house?”
Jacob nodded and followed Damian into the park where they stopped. Jacob could sense something was wrong.
“Damian, is everything OK?” Jacob said pulling close to Damian.
“We’re being watched,” Damian whispered.
Jacob grabbed the vampire’s hand.
“I won’t let anyone touch you,” Damian said looking over at Jacob, “I promise.”
A breeze flew through the trees and send chills down their spines. The deep sky cleared and the silvereye stars glittered. A form became visible in the trees and both boys looked up at it. Its eyes reflected off of the pale moonlight. Jacob moved closer to Damian as the creature swooped down at them.
It grabbed hold of Jacob’s arm and screamed, “Brethren, quickly, bite his neck, his blood shall spill for our lives!” Jacob screamed and punched the vile angel right below his brow. Damian grabbed hold of Jacob’s arm and pulled him behind him.
“What the fuck Adam?” Damian yelled.
“What’s your problem cousin?” Adam snapped at Damian, “He’s a norm! Kill him! Kill him!”
Jacob clutched Damian’s arm tighter and tears began to pour down his cheek. Jacob said, “Please, I don’t want to die!”
Damian reassured him, “You wont. I promised you I would protect you.”
“I shall drain him of his soul, even if you do not want to help,” Adam sneered as he flew directly at the couple. He grabbed Damian and threw him against a tree. He picked Jacob and held him close, smelling his neck. Jacob screamed and Damian didn’t move. Jacob started to cry louder. One of his tears caught the moon’s rays and it landed on Adam’s head. Suddenly the vampire dropped Jacob and fell to the ground.
Jacob ran over to Damian’s still body and flipped him onto his back. His eyes filled with tears and he put his head onto Damian’s chest. There was a rustling behind him and he looked behind him, seeing the tall figure of Adam walking over to him.
“He’s not dead. Stop crying,” Adam said sitting down, “I’m sorry. I should have backed off, but I haven’t eaten in a while and, well, I thought Damian brought me something.”
Adam put his hand on Damian’s chest and looked up into the starry sky. Jacob looked down at Adam’s hand and saw pine green sparks flying between his fingers and Damian’s chest.
“What are you doing?” Jacob asked quietly, wiping the tears off his face.
“We take, we give,” Adam said pulling his fingertips off of Damian’s chest, “I need your help, put your palms over his heart and tell him you love him. Not verbally, with magick.”
“What do you mean?” Jacob looked up into Adam’s eyes.
“Damnit. Just fucking put your fucking hands over his heart and feel your love for him.”
Jacob put his hands over his new boyfriend’s torso and immediately he saw crimson bolts of energy dancing about his fingers and into Damian’s heart. Jacob closed his eyes; it felt so good.
Jacob fell out of his trance as he felt a hand softly touch his cheek. It was Damian’s.
“We should get home, get some sleep,” Damian whispered.
Jacob rose and seized hold of Damian’s hand, pulling him up. The two began to walk out of the park when Damian turned around. Adam was still standing by a tall pine looking up into the heavens. Jacob looked over at Damian and traced his line of sight. He walked over to the tree Adam was standing by and put his hand on his shoulder.
“I understand why you did what you did,” Jacob said quietly, “I don’t know what it’s like to be a vampire, but I do accept your apology. Thank you for saving his life.”
“I didn’t do it myself you know,” Adam responded, “You did it too, how about a lift home?”
“You read my mind!” Damian said taking Jacob’s hand.
Jacob looked over at Adam who took his other hand. Suddenly there was a feeling of weightlessness and the three of them were lifted into the night sky.
It was absolutely beautiful, flying amongst the glittering stars. The vivid moon illuminated their bodies as they flew through the sky. Jacob looked down and saw the whole city, tall trees and shimmering lakes dancing below him. It was magic.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..