Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 604 Words
  • 603 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dawn - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Fever

-What a lovely way to burn.


Jacob looked over at Gideon who was staring out of the window. He looked worried.
“You OK? Somethin’ botherin’ you?” Jacob said, which startled Gideon.
“Yeah, I’m just kinda hurt because when you saw Kels you threw me off of you. You know how much I care about you, and how I want to be with you,” Gideon cried out. “I know that when you see this new guy you will forget I even exist.”
“How could I forget about you?” Jacob wondered, “Listen, I didn’t mean to throw you off of me, it’s just. I don’t know. I do care about you. I love you different than I love most people. We had something not many couples had. We had a lot. I sometimes want it back, but I know that it would end. And I don’t want to hurt you like that.”
“You care about me?”
“You know that song Kelsey was singing when I walked in? ‘Never know how much I loved you, never knew how much I cared. When you put your arms around me, I got your fever that’s so hard to bear’,” Jacob sang to him, “It’s just, I want to see what else is out there.”
The car pulled up to the curb in front of Sierra’s pine green house. Kelsey, Laura and Emily stepped out of the car directly in front of them. The five of them ran to the door and rang the doorbell.
Naomi opened the door and smiled, “Hi Jacob, here for Sierra? Or that guy that’s moving in? I’m assuming both. Don’t worry, I won’t tell your mother.” Naomi got married to Alec, and they were part of the Hunters. He often heard his parent’s arguing about whether to put him in training or not.
Sierra ran down the stairs and joined the group to be a “welcome-wagon” for the new family. They arrived to his house and when they knocked on the door there was no response.
“Maybe they left?” Gideon thought while coming up with excuses.
“No, I’ve been watching this whole time, no one has gone anywhere,” Sierra answered, dismissing his previous thoughts.
“Where are Kim and Jason?” Jacob asked.
Sierra looked at him with curiosity. Her eyes got big, “When I went to the bathroom they must have gone in and grabbed him!”
“Why don’t we call them?” Emily looked around at the group of people then pulled out her cell. She pressed a few buttons and put it to her ear, “Hey! Where are you guys? Who? Is he hot? Damn! Listen, I have to get going, I have a mob of horny teenagers here that wanna see this guy. Yeah, Love you too,” She hung up the phone, “They’re at my house.” Just then the race for the cars began. Since there was only room for two in Jacob’s car, Gideon rode with him.
Jacob turned on the CD player in his car and put in the gospel CD that defined his emotions. Gideon loved the CD too, so he turned it to his favorite song on the album, ‘Fever’.
Gideon’s eyes started to fill with tears. “Are you sure you’re OK?” Jacob asked him.
“Yeah, I just wish I had someone to feel this way about,” he responded slowly.
“You will. I promise.” The rest of the car ride was silent.
They pulled up to Emily’s house and everyone looked in awe as the godly boy walked up to Jacob’s car.
Gideon rolled down the window and he leaned into the car, “I’m Damian.”

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..