Jump to content
    Wind Dancer
  • Author
  • 840 Words
  • 565 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dawn - 10. Chapter 10

Chapter 10
State of the World

-Now our kids can't go out and play, that's the state of the world today.


A bright light filled the room and Jacob’s eyes were filled with the light bouncing off of the face of his lover. Damian slid his fingers through Jacob’s hair and under his head, lifting it slightly. Jacob smiled and brushed his lips against Damian’s.
“What happened?” Jacob said with a minor shake in his voice.
“You blacked out,” Damian whispered, “Don’t worry, you’re not in any more danger.”
Jacob sat up and looked around and found himself in a dark room but not the great hall he was in before. This room was filled with beautiful stones which all seemed to be glowing. A rug on the floor, which he assumed to be Persian, was decorated with intricate swirling designs of red and black around a circle with a star in it. On the walls opposite the bed him were five glass cases. Within the far left was a ruby red cushion with a silver dagger rising above it. In the case next to it was a sapphire blue cushion with a jeweled chalice floating above it. Next to that was a container with the emerald green cushion that was below a disc of stone. Farthest right, the last case held a pearly white cushion that had a small stick with a golden tint to it. Damian sat on the bed with Jacob.
“Where are we?” Jacob inquired.
Damian put his arm around his boyfriend and said, “This is the room that the Martyr was in centuries ago.”
“What Martyr?”
Damian giggled, “For the son of a hunter, you really are completely clueless. The Martyr was the vampire that died to end the war between humans and Atlantians. Unfortunately, the gods looked down upon the Atlantians and they were banished from our world; or so the story goes.” Damian said.
Jacob looked at Damian skeptically, “You expect me to believe that the city of Atlantis sunk because of a vampire.”
“I don’t expect you to do anything,” Damian said, “anything but love me.”
Jacob leaned in and kissed Damian with so much passion that the stars seemed to quake. The door opened slowly and the two pulled away quickly. A boy, a little older than Jacob walked in and looked at the cases. Jacob and Damian didn’t move.
“I’m supposed to use these,” the boy said, “to save the world.”
“Who are you?” Damian asked while rising from the bed.
“I am the Martyr: or so the elders say,” he answered, “I don’t understand how they can tell though. I don’t feel special.”
Jacob stood hastily, “That’s nice, but what’s your name?”
“Oh, how rude of me. I’m Kole.” The boy answered. Jacob found himself checking this boy out. He had jet black hair, icy blue eyes, skin that the sun has never touched, black robes cascaded down his back and his smile seemed to light up the room.
“I’m Damian, and this is Jacob.”
The two of them smiled and shook hands with Kole. His hands were large and strong. Kole smiled back and sat down on the bed.
“I don’t understand what I’m a martyr for though. The Atlantians have been banished for over three thousand years.”
Jacob sat down next to him in attempt to comfort him, “Maybe the battle isn’t between the Atlantians and the Humans.”
“Jacob is right,” Damian said, leaning against the wall, “Maybe the battle is between the vamps and the humans?”
“I suppose,” Kole responded, “We have been on the brink of war for a while now. I really don’t understand why I have to be the Martyr. I haven’t ever been outside of these walls.”
“Are you serious?” Jacob yelled, “Oh my god! Why not?”
“They want me safe until the war begins,” Kole explained.
Jacob and Damian looked at each other. Getting Kole to experience the real world out of this sanctuary became their prime concern.
“What would you do if you could spend one night in our world?” Damian asked.
Kole tilted his head, “What do you mean?”
“We can get you out of here,” Jacob said, “If you want.”
Kole looked at the case with the golden stake in it. His expression went from warm to focused. Jacob put his hand on Damian’s as Kole turned and smiled.
“I want to,” Kole whispered cautiously, “If Megan can come too.”
“Sure! Go get her,” Damian agreed.
Kole ran out of the room for a few minutes and returned with a beautiful young woman of about 14. She had golden hair and shimmering violet eyes. Her skin was also pale and white as a cloud. Her lips were the color of roses. She had a glittering pink dress on under a black cloak. Her smile lit up the room. Kole wrapped his arms around her.
“We’re ready to go,” Kole said.
Jacob nodded and put his hands to the wall. An explosive blast shot throughout the room.

Copyright © 2011 Wind Dancer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..