Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 4,187 Words
  • 1,675 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Howloween - 2. Howloween 2

“Hey there, Wheels.” Randy ruffled his young friend’s hair after he stepped inside the Murphy house. “Ready for a fun afternoon by the lake? Hi, Mrs. Murphy.”

“Hello, Randy.” Carol glanced up from her book.

Seth excitedly spun his wheelchair in a circle. “Yep, and the doctor said I don’t need to wear my arm brace anymore.” He freely waved his arm for the first time since July.

Seth Murphy was the younger brother of Cassidy Murphy, who Randy had known for years. She and Randy remained friends and occasional sex partners following high school. All that ended when Cassidy forcefully outed Seth as gay at the town’s annual 4th of July fireworks. That led to an incident days later where a few of the eighteen-year-old’s former classmates abducted, beat, and dumped his body in the local grocery store’s parking lot. Following their capture, in part due to Trevor locating the one lycan who took part, his assailants admitted they assumed Seth had to have been checking them out when they had all been in the school locker room, so deserved what he got. The attack had left the twinkish, Burney native wheelchair-bound due to a back injury.

“Glenn asked if he could come along. Is it okay?” Seth used his best pleading eyes. “He should be here anytime now.”

“That’s cool. I don’t mind waiting for him.” A smirk formed on Randy’s lips. “I like him. He’s a good guy and not shy about protecting you.”

“I like him too.” Seth blushed. “It’s weird how many friends I’ve made because of Skyler and Trevor.”

“Significantly older friends.” Carol’s eyes peered over her book.

“Mom!”

“Speaking of which,” Randy completely ignored the woman’s remark, “Sky and a few others are meeting us at the lake.”

Seth glanced at his mother conspiratorially before leaning close to Randy. “That means everyone will have their shirts off.”

“Horn dog. It’s kinda cool today, but maybe.”

The sound of an older truck caught Randy’s attention. The noisy brakes as the vehicle parked behind his made him flinch in auditory discomfort. The front door opened moments later, and Glenn Roden stepped in. The twenty-two-year-old lycan worked as an office assistant and gopher at the pack’s main building in Burney. “Seth, my man. How’s it hangin’? Hi, Mrs. Murphy.” The bro-hug brought a brilliant smile to the teen’s face.

“Hi, Glenn.” The teenager beamed. “I’m good.”

“Hey, Randy. Good to see ya. I hope you don’t mind me tagging along.”

“You too, and it’s all good. Whatever makes Seth happy. Should we get our boy here to the lake?”

“Yep. I’m lookin’ forward to it.” Glenn turned towards the door. “Later, Mrs. M. Randy, if I can ride with you, I’ll grab my stuff.”

“No problem, bud.”

Glenn helped Seth get seated while Randy stowed the wheelchair. Once they were on the road, he glanced into the rearview mirror at the blond. “There’s gonna be a couple quads available if you want to go out on one. I know how much you like the Sea-Doo’s though, but that water’s gonna be freezing. I don’t like the thought of that much shrinkage.”

“I don’t think it’s cold enough to make that monster you’ve got hide.” The teen laughed.

When Randy noticed a scent change and raised eyebrow from their travel companion, he filled in the blanks for Glenn. “The little perv caught me with his sister a couple times. He peeked in the door while I was nailing her and got to see everything I’ve got.”

“Yeah, and it was way better than any porn I’ve watched. Except for my sister being there. I know I was too young then, but I wish it had been me.” He fell quiet for a few moments. “None of my friends ever had access to an ATV before. Wouldn’t my legs just flop around and get in the way?”

“I’m sure we could figure out something if you want to ride.” Glenn smirked. “You grew up in Burney and have seriously never been on a quad?”

The sad expression on the blond’s face broke Randy’s heart. He knew the Murphy family barely managed to scrape by at times, much like him. His eyes met Glenn’s as he nodded towards the backseat.

“It’s not a big deal.” The lycan rested his hand on Seth’s leg. “We’ll make sure we fix that oversight. Just imagine goin’ down some trail with your arms and legs wrapped around me or maybe Randy.”

The grin that formed on Seth’s face indicated he liked that idea. A new scent filled the confined space which Randy eventually recognized as arousal.

Randy pulled off the highway just after the Lake Britton Bridge to where the free boat ramp was located and turned towards the picnic area. A couple of vehicles were already there. Seven ATVs were parked behind a row of trucks. He grabbed the wheelchair from the back while Glenn offered the minimal assistance Seth needed to get into it. Turning towards the small gathering of people, he was surprised to see friends he had not run into since the infamous Trevor and Cassidy fight at the fireworks. “Rhonda, Bill, cool to see you. Been a while.”

“We’re sorry we didn’t get in touch sooner. With the whole Cassidy thing, we were taking our time to figure out who we wanted to associate with. Tom and Sarah are the only ones we’ve been around. They were just as appalled by the others. It would have killed our kids not having theirs to play with.” The brunette stepped in front of Randy. “We wrongly assumed you’d have taken Hannah’s side and stuck with Cass. We should have known better. I still can’t believe what a bitch she really is. How the hell did we miss that all those years?” She gave him a hug. “We’ve missed you.”

Randy melted into her arms. “I’ve missed you too.”

“Hey, that’s my wife. Hands where I can see them.” Bill was next, offering his hand to their long-time friend and pulling him into an embrace once it was in his grasp. “When we found out what some of our friends were really like, we figured it was better to focus on us and our little munchkins. Sarah had to work today and Tom wanted to be here, but he offered to watch all the kids.” He leaned in close to Randy’s ear. “Thank the gods none of those assholes are pack. But we’re happy you’ll be soon.”

His eyes widened with surprise. “You’re? Are Tom and Sarah too?” He was stunned as his friends nodded. “You know that feeling of thinking you were part of the cool kids club only to realize you just got an invite to the real one? That’s me right now.”

“You couldn’t have picked anyone better than Skyler. That man is hot. We’ve made sure to get to know him when we heard about you being turned, which is why he invited us today.”

Randy knew he had a deer-in-the-headlights look as he froze at Rhonda’s comment.

“Oh relax.” She tapped her nose. “If it wasn’t obvious by your scents that you were together last night, the smile he has each time he looks over here would be a dead giveaway.”

“You’ll learn soon enough that a lot of us don’t care who someone’s with as long as they’re happy. And neither of us can remember ever seeing you as happy as you are.” Bill placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder. “So it’s about two weeks since he bit you?”

Rubbing his hand over the spot he was bit, he smiled. “Yeah.”

“We were blown away when it was announced you’d been offered a chance to be turned.” Rhonda kissed his cheek. “That never happens, but it was the right decision to make this exception for you.”

“Come on. Let’s get out on the trails while it’s still warm enough.” Bill led the three to the rest of the crowd.

When he was within reach, Skyler draped his arm over Randy’s shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Don’t worry, they’re all pack, except Seth, but he already knows about us.” He separated long enough for both of them to pull off their shirts.

“Have I mentioned how much I like hanging around your friends, Skyler?” Seth practically drooled. “Not only do you guys look out for me so I don’t get beat up again, but everyone always shows me their hairy chests.”

Randy had to chuckle at seeing the remaining guys had all stripped to their waists. Glenn was sitting on a picnic bench beside Seth with an arm wrapped around the teen. Beers were soon handed out as everyone relaxed.

“Hey, can I try one?” Seth looked hopeful.

“Not on your life.” Glenn intercepted the one somebody tossed to the teen. “If your mother smells that on you she’ll skin me alive. You’re sticking with soda.”

“Damn it.”

“Seth, that water is too damned cold for jet skis.” Skyler visibly shivered. “We’re gonna take you trail riding instead. A couple of us figured how to keep your legs safe. What do you say?”

“Let’s do it.” The teen beamed at the treatment he received from everyone.

The group took about an hour and a half riding the trails along the Pit River. Randy and Skyler rode behind a smiling Glenn who had Seth on the back of his quad. The blond’s arms and legs were wrapped around the younger lycan.

Once people were back to the trucks and getting ready to load up, Randy pulled Glenn aside. “Don’t take this wrong, but what are your intentions towards Seth? Protector? Friend? Maybe more?” Randy crossed his arms but relaxed a little as he noticed the blushed cheeks. “I’m just curious, from the way you had your arm wrapped around him earlier and how happy you looked on the trails with him holding you. I don’t want Seth getting the feeling there’s more to it if that’s not gonna happen. He’s had too many things happen to him in the last few months. I don’t want to see my little brother hurt.”

The muscular young wolf glanced at the ground, dragging his foot through some loose dirt. “It started just as a protector. I mean, Skyler asked if anyone was willing to help keep him safe. I honestly wasn’t sure if I wanted to be seen around a gay guy.” His eyes slowly rose to meet Randy’s. “But there’s the betas who I really respect, the alphas and their staff that are great people. Trevor made it known at a pack meeting he saw Seth as his brother and would protect him with his life. I figured if these powerful wolves could do it, so could I.” He slowly paced. “Then hanging around with him, he’s a cool guy and I wanted to be his friend in addition to keeping him safe. The little fucker is so sweet. I…”

“It’s okay. And I understand. Your response… Well, I know I can trust you with him.”

“Thanks, Randy.”

“Hey, I’m the guy that, out of the blue, started flirting with one of your betas. Still not sure how that happened, but Sky and Trev both said pheromones had something to do with it. Now I’m dating Skyler and missing the fuck out of Trevor, plus getting ready to turn furry at the end of the month.”

“I was in the truck with Beta Carlson coming from Redding to here. As cool as he is, don’t think it didn’t freak me out a lot when I kept getting a hard-on. I mean, yeah, that happens while driving. Just not when you’re around someone as important as him.” Glenn’s eyes shifted over to Seth. “It’s not pheromones with him, and I know he’s not my mate, but there’s something about Seth that makes me want to kiss him.”

“So, do it. I’m sure he’d like it. You’ve asked him out to pizza a couple times and other places that could be considered a date. Just don’t hurt him, or I hurt you. If you guys want to keep it casual and consensual, fine. Or if you want it more serious, that’s cool too.”

The younger man bared his neck to Randy.

“You’re the first person to do that to me, and I’m not even a wolf yet. I’ve seen guys do that to Trev or the betas, but why me?”

“You just gave me permission to ask Seth if he’d go out with me. And even though I know I could take you in a fight right now, I also know you’re super protective of Seth which I respect. Besides, after you, I imagine Skyler, Trevor, and likely the alphas and their crew, would each beat the crap out of me if I did something to him. Oh, and you are a lycan who just hasn’t had his first shift yet.” A sly smile crept across his lips. “It should be an interesting conversation with my parents when I mention Seth’s upgrade in status if he accepts.”

“You have met the little blond dude, right?” Randy smirked as he bro-punched Glenn’s arm. “The one who was snuggled into your side, inhaling deep? Was letting off that happy scent I could pick up as we trailed you guys. And that’s with my inexperienced nose. Plus, he keeps glancing over here with that goofy grin.”

“Yeah.” There was a sparkle in Glenn’s eyes as he looked towards the blond. “It’s a huge ego boost when he’s around a bunch of shirtless guys, but only starts giving that scent of arousal when he sees me. Guess I’m bi, but who cares as long as I can make him happy.”

“That’s the right attitude to have. Now, I’ve got a question for you. I’d like you to be there when I shift. Will you come?”

“Thank you, Randy. I’d be honored.” As the two rejoined everyone, Glenn knelt in front of Seth’s chair. “We’ve been friends for a couple months, but… Umm…” He glanced around and blushed a deep red. “Seth, would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?”

“Just remember that’s my little brother.” Skyler crossed his arms.

“Randy already gave me that warning.” Glenn ever-so-slightly bared his neck.

“Holy shit! You want to date me?” The nod to the question made Seth smile from ear to ear as he looked between Randy and Skyler. “I never thought I’d get to date anyone from town, but hell yeah.”

“Way to go, Wheels.” Randy ruffled his hair. “Congrats, Glenn.”

******

“Hi, Mom.”

“To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, Randy.” His mother stepped aside to let him enter his childhood home. He followed her into the living room and took a seat on the couch as she settled into her favorite recliner.

“You make it sound like I never see you.”

“Well, it would be nice for my only offspring to visit more than once every couple months.” The motherly snark was just getting warmed up. “I understand though it’s such a long drive, that eight blocks and all.”

“It’s not my fault we’re usually both busy on our days off. I’m here now though.”

“Hannah says you two aren’t seeing each other anymore. Is this because you’ve been sleeping around with other women again?”

“Questions like that might be why I don’t come over more often.”

The fifty-one-year-old elementary school teacher gave him a stern look.

“She’s always known about that and would have said something if it was a problem. And she was sleeping with more than me, so it all worked out. Just because we’d been dating as long as we have doesn’t mean we were actually together.” He leaned back and crossed his arms. “We’ve always broke up and got back together. Nothing new about that, but she’s friends with Cassy, and that’s one woman I don’t want in my life. This time it really is over.”

“I thought you and Hannah were talking about getting married again.”

“That’s something we discussed on and off for the last couple years. Mainly because there aren’t many alternative options around town. We figured it was better to be less than happy instead of alone.”

“Well, you could do much worse than her. She’s a sweet woman. Who else would put up with your philandering?”

“Yeah, about that actually.” The steel nerve he had walking into the house suddenly faltered.

“What is it, Randy?” His mother shifted in her chair. “Did you get someone pregnant?”

“No, Mom. I didn’t.” His hearty laugh earned him another glare. “I know enough to use protection and avoid accidents. Okay, I’m just gonna say this and if you want me to leave after I will.” He took a deep breath. “The reason I’m not seeing Hannah isn’t just because of Cassidy, but that’s a big part of it. I’ve been dating someone else. I came over today to tell you before anyone around town notices and says something.”

“You certainly managed to pique my curiosity. Who’s the lucky lady?”

“I didn’t expect this in my life and I never thought I’d be coming over to say this, but I’m dating a guy. He’s three years older than me. I don’t know if it will last, but I can honestly say for the first time in a long while I’m happy. More than I ever was with Hannah. There, I said it.”

His mother sat in silence, occasionally opening her mouth to speak, but no words coming out.

After five minutes, Randy stood. “I’ll go now. If you want to still talk to me, you know how to get a hold of me. If not, I’ll respect you don’t want me around.” He turned and headed for the door.

“Randall David Watson, you park your butt right back on that couch. We have a conversation to finish.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

“That explains why you came over when your father wasn’t home.”

“It was bad enough facing one of you. I wasn’t ready for both. Anyways, I know he’s gonna be disappointed. I’ve tried to prepare myself for being told I’m no son of his when he does find out.”

“Believe it or not, he was proud when he heard you and a couple others were protecting Cassidy’s brother.”

“Seriously?”

“He may not be the most progressive man in the world, but we were both appalled by what happened to him. I’m also proud you’d walk away from Hannah over Cassidy.” She leaned forward, staring hard at her son. “Wait, is Seth the one you’re dating? Is that why you’re protecting him?”

Randy could not contain his laughter, causing his mother to frown. “Sorry, it was just funny having you ask that. No, I’m not dating Seth. He’s kind of like a little brother to me.” He felt his emotions return to cautionary. “So you’re not upset with me?”

“Look, I may not fully understand this and your reasons behind it, but I know enough to realize this wasn’t just something you decided on a whim. You know, oh, I want to be gay today.”

“Who’s gay?” An imposing figure stood in the kitchen doorway, surprising Randy.

“Dad. I didn’t hear you drive up. Shouldn’t you still be at work?”

“A piece of equipment broke and we can’t get it fixed until Monday at the earliest. I’ve got the rest of the day off.” His eyes zeroed in on his son’s. “So, who’s gay?”

“No one’s gay, but I came by to tell Mom I’m bi and dating a dude. I wasn’t ready to tell you since I didn’t want to disappoint you. I didn’t want to be told I’m not your son anymore. Since you overheard enough, the cat’s out of the bag anyway.”

The older version of Randy crossed his arms over his chest. “Well, I have to admit this really does disappoint me.” He tapped his foot. “That you thought I’d be mad at you or not accept you as my son kinda hurts. Are you still planning to go hunting with me next weekend or do bi guys not do that kinda thing?”

He cocked an eyebrow. “So you’re okay with this?”

“It’s not what I’d have wanted for you. I mean, I was kinda hoping you’d have knocked up at least one of the women you were getting laid with to make us grandparents while we’re young enough to enjoy them.”

“David! That’s no way to encourage him.” His wife admonished.

“Can’t you imagine the rug-rat getting to call her grandma when they get in her class?” The older Watson chuckled as Randy’s mother glared daggers. “Does this guy treat you right and make you happy?”

“Yeah, he does.”

“Then to hell with what anyone else might think.” He finally crossed the room and pulled Randy into a hug. “You’re my only son since we never got around to having a spare, so I guess I can’t toss you out of the family. We’ll just have to deal with you as you are. Flaws and everything.” He ruffled his son’s hair.

“So what’s the young man’s name? Is he from Burney or here with one of the summer logging crews?” His mother appeared curious.

“Skyler Connolly.”

“Oh, he’s that sweet redhead. They’re such a nice family. Maybe we should have his parents over for dinner. Has he told them yet? He left town for a while when he joined the Marines, I think.”

“Let’s take things slow on the dinner parties, please. Yes, they know. And Mom, do you seriously remember every student you’ve taught?”

“Of course. It’s a small town and I run into my former kids all the time. At least the ones who didn’t move away.”

“Dad, you’re really okay with this?”

“Randy, you’ve bedded more than enough women to know what you’re doing. I’ve gotten the phone calls from angry fathers to prove it.” The man chuckled again. “If you haven’t found one you can settle down with, but this Skyler guy makes you happy, who the hell am I to bitch about it.” He pulled his son into an embrace. “If he’s free and wants to come hunting with us next weekend, he’s welcome. I promise it’s not to Dick Cheney the guy.” The blank look Randy gave him prompted a follow-up. “You can Google the reference later.”

Whispering to his father, “Don’t worry. Sky and I have tag-teamed one of the female cashiers from Safeway a couple times. We could always drop the rubbers and make you a gramps easily.”

“That’s my boy.”

******

“It was the weirdest thing.” Randy’s head rested on Skyler’s chest. “I tried to prepare myself to have them cut me out of their life. Especially my dad. I figured maybe my mom could handle it but just didn’t know. It was too big a leap to even hope for my dad to come around.”

“Kind of sounds like you sold their love for you short.”

“Yeah, I did. Having them both accept it, let alone Dad asking if I thought you’d want to come along when we go hunting was unreal.” He felt his body relax. “I looked up what Dad said. I guess it was about the former VP shooting a hunting buddy in the face. I’m glad he clarified he wouldn’t do that to you.”

“I’m really happy for you. Both our parents are good with this which will make life easier.” Skyler tightened his arms around his boyfriend. “I’m always ready to go hunting. It won’t be how I normally do it, but the human way is just as good for bonding. My dad mentioned asking yours about going so they could get to know each other.”

“Mom immediately wanted to have your parents over for dinner. It’s nearly the end of deer season. Dad’s still planning on me going with him this weekend. Will the changes I’m going through cause any problems?”

“Shouldn’t. I’ll make sure I’m off if you want me along. You’ll likely be able to smell the deer instead of relying on luck to find one.” Skyler stroked his fingers through Randy’s chest hair. “In a way, it might be useful that you begin learning that. If we pick up the scent on Halloween, our run will turn into a hunt.”

“Wait… Killing something while we’re wolves?”

“Umm, we’ve talked about this a few times.” Skyler chuckled. “The animal part of you will know what to do, or at the very least will just need a little guidance from us. Taking down your first prey is special and you’re providing food for others. I’m not just talking wolves, but lots of creatures of nature.”

“It still seems weird to think about.”

“After you shift, it will make more sense.” Standing and reaching for Randy’s hand, he moved towards the hall. “You’re staying the night. Let’s get to bed. I’ve got to be up early to go out on the truck with Wade.”

Copyright © 2023 WolfM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 54
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..