Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 1,042 Words
  • 1,682 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

A Diamond Heart - 6. Chapter 6

Draco and Jasper spent the next several days together getting to know each other, as did Harry and Edward. Draco however still felt like something was missing. Harry watched his brother and knew he was happy, but there was still a void that needed to be filled.

Luna and Neville had decided to spend some time by themselves exploring their new surroundings while the others were distracted. They were newly married after all. They decided to go for a walk through the forest. Neville looked forward to seeing all the new plants that he could find. Luna was just happy to spend some quality time alone with Neville. She was finally free to be herself and not have to worry about keeping up the Loony persona. She knew her boys would have her back and that they accepted her for her and not what she could tell them. She may be a little flighty, but she was not crazy. She knew what’s real and what’s not. It’s not her fault that she had to protect herself from crazy headmasters and those who would seek to use her for their own personal gain.

***

Albus Brian Percival Dumbledore growled in frustration. He had encouraged Rufus’ desire in controlling Potter, Longbottom, and Draco No Name by telling him that they were more powerful than the You Know Who was in his prime and he could see them going down the same path, especially No Name. Somehow they had found out before they could be arrested and had fled like the cowards they were.

“Albus, what has your hackles up?” asked Alastor.

“Potter, Longbottom, Lovegood, and Draco No Name have all disappeared. Their accounts can’t be accessed. My goblin tried, but all that he has told me was that their fortunes are now untouchable to me or anyone else here in Britain. Now I have to waste my fortune to track them down. All of my tracking spells come up blank. They’ve been removed. I have no idea where to start.”

“Albus, you need to stop making things so complex. Reach out to your colleagues in the ICW to find them. They must register anywhere they live. They are magical after all and their wands need to be tuned in to their current country’s Ministry.”

“Of course Alastor, of course. I would have thought of that once I calmed down enough.” Albus had turned back to his desk so he didn’t see the look on his friend’s face at his comment. Albus finally found his outrageous looking purple quill and dipped it into his inkpot as he pulled some parchment over towards himself. He quickly scratched out a message and cast a copy spell on the parchment to make the number of copies that he needed, after all, he didn’t have all day to write them all out individually.

Alastor just shook his head before he thumped his way out of the office and made his way towards Minerva’s office. He knew she would know how to get ahold of the boys. He had not realized how far Albus had fallen until he had seen it with his own eyes. He was grateful for his paranoia since it allowed him to make sure that he was never hit with a tracker or a listening jinx. He didn’t want to put Minerva in jeopardy of the old fool’s machinations.

“Enter,” Alastor heard in response to his knock on her door.

“Minnie, got a minute for an old friend?”

“Of course Alastor. Have a seat,” she gestured to one of the chairs in front of her desk.

“Thank you, Minnie.” He held up a hand to silence her as he cast a silencing spell and locking charm at her door.

“What happened Alastor? Is it as bad as I feared?”

“Worse Minnie, much worse. Albus was the one who warned Rufus that the boys would go dark, that they hold too much power, especially together. At this moment he is writing to his pals in the ICW to try and find where they are. Also, he was using the Potter lad’s money to finance things and is complaining about having to use his own for a change. I never thought I would see the day when I feared that Albus was the one turning dark. Those boys deserve some peace and a chance to finally be children and not soldiers.”

Minerva’s shoulders slumped in defeat. She knew she would need to warn them of what was going on, but she too wanted them to finally be young and carefree instead of soldiers.

“I can get in touch and warn them.”

“Minnie you can’t send an owl. Albus will be looking for it and will have no doubt put trackers on all of the school’s owls in case someone here at the school decided to warn them or write to them at all.”

“Don’t worry my friend. I have a way to get in touch without using an owl and without letting the old fool know. You leave that to me.” She pulled some parchment to her and set about writing a quick note to the now Blacks. “Dobby,” she called.

“What can Dobby do for Mistress Kitty?”

“I need you to take this to your master quickly, it is urgent. If he is not at home get it to him without anyone seeing you,” she instructed the hyper elf.

“Right away Mistress Kitty.” With a snap of his long spindly fingers, he was gone in the blink of an eye.

Alastor chuckled, “Yep, he won’t think of stopping that way of contacting them. That means he also won’t think of tracking the lil’ buggers either.”

“That was my thought, my old friend. You aren’t the only paranoid one around ya know.”

“I’ll see myself out now Minnie.” Alastor stood and quietly took down his spells before quickly leaving before the old fool could think about where he had gotten off to while he was distracted.

***

Alice blinked and gasped when she came out of her vision. She didn’t know who those three people were, but she knew she had to warn the Blacks even if that funny little guy was already on his way.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Old wrinkly dumbledork is gonna get whats coming to him eventually!

And dobby yay! Omg him and alice would get along great!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment

I think you're right about Dobby and Alice. The Cullens won't know what hits them when the 2 of them combine forces. :P

  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Dumbletore will get what he deserves soon enough. The boys deserve to be free. I'm glad Dobby can get messages to them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am so happy to see another chapter posted.  The trio of Jasper, Jacob and Draco, now that is some drama I am looking forward to.  With the tempers Jasper and Jacob have there will be some fireworks for sure.  When I read where Minerva called for Dobby I laughed out loud and said look out Alice here he comes.  I am so  looking forward to more chapters soon. Thanks for ending my weekend with such a great chapter.

 

Charlie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..