Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 933 Words
  • 987 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

Dracken Awakening - 11. Chapter 11

Chapter 11  - Revised

Albus just knew that something was going on with that dratted Potter boy. How else could Molly and her two youngest be in the Goblin mines? He just couldn’t figure it out. If only he knew who he could get the information from.  

Suddenly, he sat up as he realized he knew someone who could help him, Remus Lupin. He was sure to know what was going on. Albus pulled some parchment towards him and grabbed his gold quill and his purple ink pot to begin his letter. Once finished he layered as many compulsion spells on it as he could. 

***  

Remus was in the library reading when he heard an owl tapping at the window and wondered who it could be from. He got up and let the owl in so he could take the letter.  

As soon as he touched the envelope, he had a strong urge to open it without delay. When he opened it, he felt even more compelled, but as he read it, he only got angry and was able to through off the compulsion.  

Harry came into the library to grab a new book and heard Remus growling. Harry had never seen him this angry and wondered about the letter he grasped. It looked like Remus would ignite the letter by the way he glared at it. 

“Remus, what’s wrong? Who’s that letter from?” 

“Dumbledore wants me to find out what’s going on with you and report it back to him. He laced the letter with strong compulsion charms to get me to agree with him.” 

“Why can’t he just leave me alone?” Harry growled. He didn’t realize it but the vibration of his growl alerted Neville and Charlie to a problem which caused them to come running. Charlie arrived with his wings fully extended and a snarl. 

“Harry, what’s wrong?” Neville asked as he looked around for a threat. 

“Dumbledick again, who else? He tried to compel Remus into telling him what’s going on with me.” 

“I’m going to rip him apart,” snarled Charlie. 

“Charlie, you can’t. That would only give the ministry ammunition to use against us as to why we are a dangerous species,” chastised Harry. 

“He needs to leave you alone and he won’t until he’s dead.” 

***  

Remus flooed into Dumbledore’s office and growled when he saw the old manipulative man sitting at his desk. He strode to the desk and slammed his hands down startling Albus who hadn’t been paying attention and hadn’t realized he was even there. 

“How dare you!” Remus snarled. “It is none of your business what Harry is doing now. He is an adult and no longer your student. You have no say over his life and you need to realize that before you alienate even more people than you already have.” 

Albus was shocked that his compulsions had not worked on the werewolf; maybe it had something to do with his wolf. He held his wand under his desk pointed at Remus and attempted to use legitimency on him.  

“Do you not learn?! Just because I am a werewolf does not mean that you can try and invade my mind. My thoughts are my own and not for you to go peeking at.” 

Remus turned and stormed out of Dumbledore’s office because he didn’t want him to know the floo address where Harry and his mates were staying because he knew if Dumbledore had that information, he would try to take advantage of it. The boys would get no peace from him.

*** 

Neville heard a loud crack and knew Remus was back from confronting Dumbledore. The front door slammed, and he could hear some snarling coming from the hallway which told him that it had not gone well; not that he expected it to.

“That damn, twinkled-eyed barmy bastard! How dare he try to use legitimacy on me like that.”

“Obviously, there were issues during your visit. Did he at least agree to leave me alone?” questioned Harry.

“Cub, I hate to say it, but you guys may need to leave England to get away from him,” Remus sighed.

“Moony, you know that won’t help. He has too many connections from his time on the ICW for us to feel safe in any country. Besides, wouldn’t be fair to make Neville and Charlie leave their families behind.”

“Harry, that is something that the three of you will have to decide together. I will go with whatever is decided. You are the only reason I have stayed here so long. I missed out on too much of your life. I’m not going to miss out on any more of it.”

“Harry, the way my family has been treating you I think what Remus is saying makes sense. When they find out that you are mated to Neville and I they are not going to be happy. I know Mum will be sending all of us howlers and it would not surprise me for Gin to send a few of her own.”

“They’re right Harry. I think it would be good for us to find a property far away from the English Isles.”

You could tell Harry was torn about it. England was his home, but the way the British wizarding population had their love-hate views. You never knew what it was going to be on a day-to-day basis.

“Alright. Let’s find something new for all of us where we can start our life together. Let’s build from the ground up; from scratch.”

 

 

 

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowlings, everything else belongs to me.
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..