Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 2,038 Words
  • 3,579 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

Dracken Awakening - 8. Chapter 8

Albus Dumbledore was furious. How dare his pawn kick them out of Grimmauld. How dare that mutt Black make Potter the new Lord Black. Albus had voted their seats in the Wizegnot since that horrible night in 1981. Why would Remus stick with the brat who got his mate killed? Albus spent so much time in cultivating Remus by allowing him to attend Hogwarts even though he was a dark creature and a filthy beast. He thought Remus would feel indebted to him, but he agreed with the Potter brat and kicked the Order of the Phoenix out of Grimmauld Place. Even though the war with Voldemort was over he knew there would be another Dark Lord that he would need to fight, and it was Grimmauld Place that was secure enough for them to use. It was bad enough that Molly and her two youngest had been arrested and tried by the goblins, but Arthur and the rest of his children had turned their backs on him and the Order.

He started to blow up some of the trinkets that were in his office, and it was then that he noticed some of the heirlooms he had taken from the Potter and Black vaults over the years were missing. He snarled when he realized that the Potter brat had reclaimed them from him and he didn’t even have the decency of doing it himself he had probably had those beasts of goblins and their take them from him.

Albus knew the perfect person to find out where the Potter brat was and since Severus hated him as much as Albus did he knew he could count on the man.

He kneeled in front of his floo and tossed in a pinch of floo powder. He put his head in the green flame and called out to Severus.

“What do you want old man? My service to you and this school ended when Potter killed the Dark Lord.”

“Severus my boy, there are still death eaters out there and now that they know you betrayed Voldemort you are still in danger. I need you to talk to some of your contacts and see if you can find out where the Potter boy is.”

“Why do you care? He already killed the man you couldn’t,” he sneered. He really couldn’t stand the old man, but he kept the threat of Azkaban over his head, so he had to do what the old coot wanted.

“Now Severus, that’s not very nice to say to the man that is keeping you safe from both the Ministry and the remaining death eaters,” he chided.

Severus could hear the unspoken threat in his words and knew he was trapped. Without saying another word, he turned and stormed away from his fireplace.

Fawkes sang a sad song as he heard the thoughts of his bonded. He knew his link to the old man was weak and knew this was what would break his already fragile bond. He trilled sadly before he flamed out of the office.

***

Harry was startled out of his thoughts when Fawkes flashed into the sitting room where Harry was trying to read a book on Drackens so he could better understand the relationship he now found himself in. He knew he could talk to the twins or to Charlie, but he felt he needed to do the research himself to be a proper mate to Neville. He knew he would need to accept Charlie into the relationship, but he felt he needed to focus on Neville at that moment in time.

‘I knew I forgot to ward against something,’ he thought to himself. “Fawkes, what are you doing here? I want nothing to do with that old manipulator you are bonded to.” Fawkes trilled, and Harry immediately felt a connection to the Phoenix.

Suddenly Harry heard a voice in his head. “Don’t worry hatchling; you’re not going crazy. It is I, the one you call Fawkes.”

“What do you mean? I thought your name is Fawkes.”

“That is the name the old manipulator gave me when he forced me to bond with him.”

Harry was shocked. There is only one-person Fawkes meant by the old manipulator and that is Dumbledore. There is only one thing that could cause a pure animal like a phoenix to break his bond, even if the bond is one that is forced.

“What is your true name, my friend?”

“I am called Centurion.”

“Centurion, are we in danger?”

“Hatchling, I felt your innocence the first time I met you and I knew you were my true bond. The manipulator has gone completely dark and plans harm to you and your mates.”

“He will die if he harms either one of them,” Harry hissed his thoughts to the Phoenix.

“I won’t let harm come to them,” Centurion agreed.

***

Remus sat in the garden lost in his thoughts of his mate. He had only had Sirius back in his life for a short time. He felt like he had only just gotten him back when he was cut down by his bitch of a cousin Bellatrix Lestrange. Remus knew he could one day lose his mate or his cub, it was a war after all, but he had lost so much time with him that he didn’t know if his heart could take any more pain.

“Padfoot, why did you have to chase after your crazy bitch of a cousin? I just got you back and now you’re gone again. Our pup needs you, especially now that he’s come into his creature inheritance. I don’t know how to help him. You would be proud of him though. We should have realized when he and Neville were babies that one day, they would be mates. When they were together you wouldn’t find one without the other. Please show me a sign and let me know how to help him.”

Remus sat there as tears ran down his face as he stared off into the distance. As he looked at the tree line, he saw a stag and a doe standing there and looking in his direction. It lifted his heart because he was reminded of Lily and James. He somehow knew things would be okay.

***

Draco knew he needed to tell his parents about his mates, but the fact that they were the Weasley twins gave him pause because he knew his father would not be happy and would more than likely demand that he rejects them. He knew he couldn’t because he had already accepted them and finalized their bond with each other.

He stepped out of the floo in the receiving room at his parent’s manor. He took a deep breath to build up his confidence before he started to walk towards his father’s study. Before he got there, he decided to get the house elves to pack all his belongings and have them sent to the apartment above the twins’ shop before his father could order the elves to not answer any of Draco’s commands. When he was sure everything was taken care of, he took another deep breath and knocked on his father’s study door.

“Come in,” Lucius called from inside.

Draco slowly reached out for the handle as he berated himself for acting as if he was still a small child who was about to be punished. He turned the handle and walked confidently into the study knowing that no matter what he would still have his twins.

“Father,” Draco said to get his attention. When Lucius looked up Draco continued. “I’ve come to inform you that I have found my mate.”

“That’s wonderful Draco. Who is the witch? It’s not that Mudblood Granger that always outranked you at Hogwarts, is it?”

“No Father. I actually have two mates because they are magically identical twins.”

“The Patels are a good family. They are highly ranked in India and would be a good asset to our family.”

“No, my mates are not the Patel twins. My mates are Fred and George Weasley.”

Lucius sat that for a moment as he took in the information that his son had just told him. He wondered what he would have to do to get Draco to reject the twins, only he didn’t know that the bond had been finalized and all 3 mates had marked each other. There was no breaking their bond.

“Draco are you sure they haven’t given you a love potion?”

“Yes, Father I am sure. I knew at Hogwarts that they were my mates during their last year. Which means they knew before they graduated that we were mates. The only reason I can think of them not saying anything is that they were graduating, and I still had two years to go. The bond would have been stretched tight without being in constant contact with each other.”

“Is that where you have been running off since you graduated? Draco, I forbid it. You will find a respectable witch and bond with her. In fact, you will bond with Pansy Parkinson. I know for a fact that she would jump at the chance to bond with you and it will be a respectable match. You just leave all the details to me.”

‘Father, I will not bond with Parkinson. I have already bonded with my mates and there is nothing you can do about it. I simply came to inform you about the mating. We have already done the bond at Gringotts. It is official on parchment and it is official by magic.”

“I am still the head of this family and you will do as I say, or I will disinherit you. Do you think your mates will stay when they find out you have no money to your name?”

“Father, I have to say, but I expected you to do exactly this, so I took steps to prevent you from taking my trust vault. Besides I have been working with Uncle Sev brewing potions and have accrued quite a vault for myself. You have no access to my trust vault anymore. I have reached my majority and there is nothing you can do about it.”

Lucius could do nothing but sit there and stare at the space Draco had been standing only moments before too stunned to respond until Draco was already gone. He knew he had to get Draco away from the Weasley twins before he besmirched the Malfoy name, so he started to plan.

***

They knew Lucius would try to move heaven and earth to demolish their bond. So, they decided they would give their dad and brother the heads up to be on the lookout for anything Lucius might do to interfere. Their dad had already given his blessing even though he wasn’t happy that their mate was a Malfoy, but at least Draco seemed to be trying to change his thoughts and behavior. Thankfully their mother, youngest brother, and sister had been taken care of so that they wouldn’t have to listen to their bigotry and hatred.

With the no-name part of their family, their dad Arthur had gone back home. While there he decided he didn’t want to live there because he didn’t think he could live there all by himself. The twins lived above their store with their mate, Bill and Fleur just had a baby, so he didn’t feel right staying with them for a long period of time. And Charlie- Arthur was happy he had found a place to live. In fact, after he found out about Molly and the two youngest, he had decided to cut the bond he had with them. He hated to do it, but Harry was his son-in-law and what the three of them had done was inexcusable. He knew that they wouldn’t be released from the goblins and if they were lucky, they would simply be executed. However, he knew the regard the goblins had for Harry is that he was the richest wizard in the country, but also that he had ended the terror reign of Voldemort. Therefore, he didn’t think Molly, Ron, and Ginny would get off that easy.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowlings, everything else belongs to me.
  • Like 13
  • Love 11
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So glad to have more of this wonderful story to read. It is absolutely  one of my favorites!!! I am so looking forward to more chapters. Thank you so much for bringing us all so much reading pleasure with this story!!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..