Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 493 Words
  • 974 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2016 - 3. Unbelievable Prompt 299

“I’m going to give him a piece of my mind!” exclaimed Jamie.

 

“Babe, calm down. I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by it,” I assured.

 

Now you may be wondering what set me off. Well let me tell ya, my dad decided that it was time to forget about my choice of being gay and settle down to raise a family. Only problem with that is that it’s not a choice and as far as I was concerned I was already married.

 

Jamie and I have been together for the last five years, we had a civil ceremony last year and even though gay marriage is not recognized in our state, we are very much married in our mind, as well as in our hearts.

 

“Of course he meant something by it. You don’t tell your son who is already in a relationship that he needs to find and marry a woman so that he can have grandchildren.”

 

“Babe, I’ll talk to him and will tell him that if he continues to disrespect our relationship than I will having nothing more to do with him.”

 

“Tim, I don’t want you to lose your relationship with your dad. He’s all the family that you have left,” stated Jamie.

 

“He’s not my only family. You’re my family now too, don’t forget that,” I replied.

 

The next day found me at my dad’s house. I wanted to let him know in no uncertain terms that I would not tolerate him belittling my relationship with Jamie anymore.

 

I knocked on the door and waited for dad to answer. While waiting I noticed a couple of unknown vehicles in the driveway.

 

“Hi son, I’m glad you’re here. I’ve got some friends for you to meet,” stated my dad.

 

“I won’t be staying very long. I came to tell you to lay off with the settling down and having a family bullshit. I’m in a happy and fulfilling relationship with my HUSBAND. I will never, ever marry a woman, let alone have sex with one just so you can have grandchildren. If you don’t stop I will have nothing more to do with you!”

 

“Yeah that’s such a happy relationship he’s making you choose between your father and him. I’m the only family that you have left,” retorted dad.

 

“You’re not the only family that I have left, Jamie is my family too. You just can’t admit it to yourself that you have a gay son because you think it’s an embarrassment to you.”


With that said I turned and stormed off. I couldn’t believe that he was still taking the position that being gay is a choice that I’ve made. However, at the end of the day I’m glad that it was me that gave him a piece of my mind and let him know just exactly what I thought of his plans.

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..