Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 918 Words
  • 957 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2016 - 6. The Anniversary Prompt 301

The Anniversary

Michael and I have been together for four years this coming weekend. While out shopping with some friends I had found the perfect gift. Even though this was not what I originally had planned I felt that Michael would absolutely love it.

I went about my plans and ordered a dozen of the most beautiful roses, along with dozens and dozens of rose petals. I also got him a large stuffed teddy bear that I would place on the bed that he would see when he got home from work when he went in to change out of his scrubs.

I didn’t want Michael to know just what I had planned so I planned to do most of it while he was asleep.

“Morning, babe,” I said with a kiss

“Morning, hon. Boy was it a long night. I thought it would never end,” he replied.

“Why don’t you go ahead and go to sleep. I have a few things to take care of and then when you get up this evening we can celebrate our anniversary.”

“Sounds like a plan to me. I'm exhausted,” he replied before giving me a kiss and heading towards the bedroom.

I followed behind so that I could see his face when he saw the large bear. You see, he has a thing for them.

“I love the bear, babe,” he said as he pulled me into a hug and kissed me passionately.

“Happy Anniversary,” he said when he pulled his lips from mine.

“Happy Anniversary, babe,” I replied as I rubbed my fingers through his hair at the nape of his neck.

With a quick kiss he turned and started towards the bathroom, getting undressed as he walked. I quickly picked up his clothes before heading back out to the living room.

I heard the shower come on and knew that he would be a few minutes, so I used that time to call Jeremy.

“Hey are we still on for tonight?” I asked when he answered the phone.

Jeremy chuckled before replying, “Yep, while you guys are having your romantic dinner, I will come in and spread the rose petals down the hall and into your room. I hope everything goes as planned, man.”

I hung up the phone when I heard the shower shut off. I went to the kitchen and got the newspaper that Michael had brought in with him so that I could read the sports page.

Once I was sure that he was asleep, I got his card out to write in it.

Michael,

You are my heart and these last four years have been amazing and I am looking forward to spending my lifetime making you happy in every way.

I love you more and more each day!

 

Love,

Tim

After placing the card in its envelope and sealing it, I placed it inside a book on my desk before going to pick up the roses that I had ordered. On my way home I stopped at Jeremy’s to drop off the rose petals.

“Does he suspect anything?” asked Jeremy.

“Not that I know of, if he does he hasn’t said anything,” I replied. “I’d better get going, I still need to call and confirm our reservations.”

I headed back home to make my phone calls and to get ready for tonight. I had already moved my clothes into the office so that I could get ready without waking him up.

On my way home I went through an area where a skunk had obviously gotten run over because it stunk. I think we’ll take his car tonight just to play it safe.

I went inside, checked on Michael, and goofed around on the computer for a couple of hours. The next time I checked the time, it was time for me to start getting ready for our date.

After my shower I got dressed in my suit and put in my diamond stud earring that I only wear for special occasions. I think a romantic dinner qualifies as special.

From the office I could hear the alarm go off in the bedroom and soon after the shower going on. I knew that it was a matter of time before he would be ready to go.

I went and got the roses out of the fridge and stood in the living room waiting for him to appear. I didn’t have long to wait because about ten minutes later he came out and saw me standing there.

He took my breath away in his charcoal suit and matching diamond stud earring. I definitely fall in love with him more and more every day.

We went to dinner and everything was going great, once the check was paid we went home to have a glass of wine and celebrate our anniversary in the bedroom.

When we walked in Michael noticed the rose petals leading to the bedroom. He looked at me and asked, “How did you manage this? They weren’t here when we left.”

“I enlisted some help,” I replied.

He started to follow the rose petals and when we got to the bedroom, I lit some candles that Jeremy had placed around the room. While he was looking in a different direction, I got down on one knee with the ring box open and in my hand.

When he turned around I asked, “Michael, will you do me the honor and marry me?”

With tears in his eyes he replied, “YES!!”

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lovely surprise to find a sequel to a story I just read :thumbup: Very romantic evening for them :wub:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..