Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 817 Words
  • 966 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2016 - 5. Taking Steps Prompt 295

Taking Steps

“I think I finally have the answer,” Jason stated as he walked back and forth in front of the fireplace.

“What are you talking about Jason?” asked Jerry.

“Well, I have been trying to pass my Sergeant exam and if I fail one more time I won’t be able to be promoted for several more years. I haven’t been able to study as much as I would like to because my roommate likes to party at all hours of the night and have been unable to find a quiet place to study.”

“Ok, so what’s the answer then?” questioned Jerry.

Jason continued walking back and forth while tapping his chin.

“I just need to either find a new roommate or just find a smaller place that I can afford by myself.”

“Babe, there is another solution, to this dilemma. You could just move in with me,” Jerry suggested.

Jason stopped and turned to look at Jerry with a look of wonderment. He never expected Jerry to make the offer, after all they hadn’t been together for very long.

“Are you sure? Don’t you think we would be rushing it? We’ve only been together for a few months.”

“Of course I’m sure. I’ve actually been thinking about it for a little while now, I just didn’t know how to bring it up to you. I love you and want to build a life with you,” Jerry said as he ran his hand up Jason’s arm to his shoulder, giving it a quick squeeze.

“Well, my lease is about up so that would be easy to get out of. When is your lease up?” asked Jason.

“My lease is up in two months time. We could start looking for a two bedroom apartment or even a small house if you wanted to.”

“That sounds doable. I think my roommate is actually wanting his girlfriend to move in and that would just make things too crowded. I could probably put my stuff in storage for the next couple of months until we find something bigger.”

“Sounds like a plan to me. Why don’t we head over to the apartment and start packing your belongings and let Tim know that he can have his girlfriend move in by the weekend,” stated Jerry.

Jason and Jerry grabbed their jackets to head over to Jason’s apartment to get things started in the moving process.

About twenty minutes later Jason let them into his apartment carrying empty boxes and found Tim and his girlfriend sitting on the couch watching a movie.

“Hey guys! Good, I’m glad you’re both here,” said Jason.

“What’s up Jason? Are those moving boxes?” asked Tim.

“Yeah, I’m gonna be moving in with Jerry. All I’m taking is my clothes, books, bedroom furniture and pictures. I’ll leave the rest of my furniture and kitchen supplies for you guys.”

“Thanks man, that’s awesome!” exclaimed Tim.

“Gee, don’t sound so excited to be rid of me,” joked Jason.

“Man, you know I love you like a brother, but it sucks when you’re here and Jessica wants to spend the night.”

“I know, that’s part of the reason for the move, plus it’s time for Jerry and I to take the next step in our relationship.”

“Let me know if you need any help.”

“Actually, now that you mention it, can we use your truck tomorrow afternoon?” Jason asked.

“Sure, it’s yours and I will even help you load and unload it.”

“Thanks man. Well, we’re going to go do some packing and let you guys go back to your movie.”

Jason and Jerry headed down the hall to Jason’s room to begin packing. It took a little while but they got all of his clothes, pictures, and bedding packed. They carried boxes out to their cars making several trips, soon all that was left was the bedroom furniture plus the odds and ends in the living room. Jason left a couple of smaller boxes so that he could pack them up in the afternoon when they came to get the bedroom furniture.

Once the cars were loaded they headed back over to Jerry’s place for the night. They brought in Jason’s suitcases and took them to the bedroom.

“I clean out the dresser for you in the morning, babe.”

“Ok, let’s just go to bed, it’s getting kind of late and I have the early morning shift tomorrow.”

“You’re right, it’s been a long day we should head to bed.”

Over the next few months Jason and Jerry looked at both houses and apartments. They eventually decided on a three bedroom townhouse close to the police station. Jason took his sergeants exam and after being able to study is a quiet location was able to pass with flying colors.

They were soon settled into their new place and were moving on with the next phase of their lives.

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..