Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 457 Words
  • 1,003 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2016 - 4. The Ring Prompt 300

The Ring

Even though my mind wasn’t really in it, I went to the antique mall with some friends. Jeremy wanted to get Jimmy something for their three year anniversary next month. It made me think about the fact that in a few days Michael and I would be together for four years and I wanted to do something special but had been procrastinating because I didn’t know what to get him.

While Jeremy was looking at bracelets and necklaces, I decided to wander around the store even though I really had no desire to buy anything. I had about a month to decide on what to get for Michael but I knew that whatever I got him he would love it.

I had stopped and looked at some bracelets but nothing seemed to call out to me. I looked around and saw that Jeremy was paying for his purchase.

As I headed back to where the rest of the group was standing this older gentleman waved me over to where he was standing behind the counter. When I got over there I noticed that he was standing in front on the men’s ring section.

“I think you will like this,” he stated as he pulled out a tray with different types of rings on it.

“I’m really not looking to buy anything, just here with some friends,” I replied as I looked down at the tray of rings.

“This ring was bought by my boss from an estate sale in Omaha, Nebraska,” he said as he held out one of the rings.

The ring was simple but beautiful.

“The ring is twenty four karat gold with diamond set in the center,” replied the salesman.

“What is the design that is on the sides?” I asked.

“There are leaves etched into the sides of the ring.”

I don’t know why but this ring was calling to me. When I looked around for my friends I saw that they were headed in my direction.

“Hey Tim, what are you looking at? Thinking of getting something for Michael?” asked Jeremy.

“Well I was thinking about what to get for Michael for our anniversary but I hadn’t thought about jewelry until he showed me this ring.”

“Are you thinking of proposing?” asked Jeremy.

“I think so. I love Michael with all my heart and want to spend the rest of my life with him.”

“Personally, I think he would love this ring. You know that he is a sucker for anything that is an antique,” responded Jeremy.

“I know and even though I wasn’t planning on doing any shopping, I think I am going to get this ring and propose on our anniversary in just a few days.”

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..