Jump to content
    wolfwriter
  • Author
  • 432 Words
  • 1,291 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2016 - 1. Family - Prompt 296

Family

 

Derrick was running around like a chicken with his head cut off, he just had a few minutes before his boyfriend Tony would be getting there to take him to meet the parents and he was scared to death.

They had been dating for about eight months and both felt that they were in it for the long haul.

When Derrick gets nervous he bakes and he had spent the day baking and therefore had made several loaves of banana nut bread. He decided to take a loaf with them when they left.

“Babe, calm down, they’re going to love you,” said Tony.

“I know but it’s not every day that you meet your soon to be in-laws,” replied Derrick.

“They have been asking to meet you for the last couple of months and I want you to meet them. I know that your family disowned you when you came out to them and you deserve to have a family that will stand behind you.”

“I just wish that I could introduce you to my family as well but they won’t have anything to do with me.”

Derrick and Tony were finally ready to leave and headed out to Tony’s car. Thankfully Tony’s parents didn’t live too far away and they would be there soon so that Derrick could quit worrying.

All too soon they were pulling into a driveway and Derrick started to freak out again and didn’t want to get out of the car.

“Come on babe, the sooner we get inside the sooner you will see that they will love you as much as I do.”

Derrick looked out the windshield and saw an older man and woman standing on the front porch waiting for them to get out of the car. With another nervous glance at the couple, Derrick reached out and grabbed the door handle and opened the door.

They walked up to the porch and Tony introduced Derrick to his parents.

“Mom and Dad this is my boyfriend Derrick Rawlings, Derrick these are my parents.”

“Mr. and Mrs Johnson, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” Derrick said as he held his hand out to shake their hands.

“Please call us Tonya and Mike,” said Tonya as she pulled Derrick into a hug.

She released Derrick and he handed her the loaf of bread saying, “I hope you like banana nut bread.”

“I love it and this smells delicious.”

Derrick glanced nervously at Mike, who still had not said anything.

When he finally spoke it was to say, “Welcome to the family, son.”

Copyright © 2017 wolfwriter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/26/2014 02:12 AM, comicfan said:
That was really sweet. I liked how you handled the prompt for this.
thanks comicfan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..