A Word Of Thanks

GunRunner

Quite a few people have been asking me for a while why I hadn't joined the forum here at GA and I must admit my excuses are fairly lame, so I wont bore you with them. I am here now.

It took me along time to come to grips with myself and pull my head from the nether regions :P

But now that I have finally extraced my head, I owe it to some people here to give thanks for their support.

Comsie, Bill W, Pyro & Myr ... You four from here along with ACFan & Greybear were the ones who gave me the push I needed to start writing. You have been an inspiration to me and helped me to overcome my own fear of rejection. To you guys :hug: Thanks for everything.

GunRunner's Corner Cafe has now been in existence for about a month and a half and I have had great success thus far. My first story attempt, A New Day Dawns, has been a joy to write and has really helped me to calm some inner demons.

So yes, I have finally jumped over a hurdle, I can call myself an Author with a hint of pride, and I no longer am afraid of being rejected for my writing. If someone doesn't like it, oh well. I have had plenty of people who do, and I know I have support where ever I look, all I have to do is ask for it.

Thanks for everything!!

-Gun

(Rob)

Edited by GunRunner

Welcome GunRunner,

Better late than never for coming to the group. I think every author has the same fear you did. I know with my first story I was scared shitless. Me editor helped me get over that and after a few chapters were posted, people were telling me I had something fairly decent going.

Would you let us have the link to your site so we can check it out. I know I would like to very much.

Welcome and :hug:

Miguel (Mike) Sanchez :sword:

Welcome GunRunner,

Better late than never for coming to the group. I think every author has the same fear you did. I know with my first story I was scared shitless. Me editor helped me get over that and after a few chapters were posted, people were telling me I had something fairly decent going.

Would you let us have the link to your site so we can check it out. I know I would like to very much.

Welcome and :hug:

OOPS!! Sorry!! I guess the head isn't all the way out yet

GunRunner's Corner Cafe

-Gun

I guess I should also mention that I have hosted a few great Authors on my site as well

ACFan, Greybear, Jeff P, Akeentia, & DahMalcMan all have stories posted at The Cafe, and we havea pretty decent Poetry Room as well which hosts poems The Story Lover, Myself, and soon to add anyone who wants to post a poem.

• Site Administrator

Welcome to Gay Authors! Thanks for your kind comments. Please add a link to your site in our Links Directory/Top Site List. That section of our site gets a lot of traffic, and I'm sure it can help direct some to your site :)

Myr

Welcome to Gay Authors!  Thanks for your kind comments.  Please add a link to your site in our Links Directory/Top Site List.  That section of our site gets a lot of traffic, and I'm sure it can help direct some to your site :)

Myr

Last i look it was # 133 on the Top Site List :great:

• Site Administrator

how handy... ;) Now I should transfer it to his control so he can get the codes that would help his site climb...

how handy... ;)   Now I should transfer it to his control so he can get the codes that would help his site climb...

Dude ... I am a simple writer that has just barely removed my head from my ... well you know ...

MovieGuy was nice enough to add my site to your links when I first put it up right after Thanksgiving.

Of course I would like to see my site climb on up there ... I have been watching it since I found out it was there and at that time it was around 157, so I am proud to see my baby take off like that. Just remember Myr ... You are one of the ones that encouraged me to write. And now you are stuck with me :P

I am sure you would never remember my emails since an author like you receives oodles, but you told me to go for it and I did.

Thanks for your inspiration

-Gun

Movieguy has hosted 2 of my stories on his site. He has some great authors there. I can't wait to get to your site and read your works.

BTW, Pyro is a very close friend of mine and I'm sure he will be flattered you listed his name.

Take care,

Okay - I managed to sneak out of the woodwork! :P

Gun, you are an awesome writer; just remember, I don't let just anyone write side stories that go with Memories! :2thumbs: