Official GA GetTogether - Sat, Jan 26th in DC area

Hi -

Sorry for the last minute notice on this, but since Dan (dkstories) and I will be going to DC for the Inauguration and staying through the following week, I invited a few people to join us and want to open up and extend out an invitation to anyone else who may be in the area to join us for lunch.

It would be Saturday, January 26, 2013 (yes, 16 days away) at lunchtime in the Washington DC area.  We're already looking at a group size of 14 and more are definitely welcome.

I do ask if you are thinking of joining us, or KNOW that you can join us, chime in here or send me a PM.  Andy (Quonus) as the DC native is helping to locate a place for us to have lunch, though you can also send me additional suggestions.

Robert

We had a fantastic lunch together at Clyde's at Gallery Place in Washington DC.  Perfect timing too - just as we were leaving, the place was getting crowded from the Verizon center letting out (hockey game, I think).

Thank you to Quonus for arranging the place and being there with his partner and baby Q!  It was great to finally meet Rakuten!  Also got to meet George Richard.  Sharon (sat8997) and daughter, as well as David (LittleBuddhaWT) and his boyfriend rounded out the group (well, along with me, dkstories and our two kids).

Now Dan, the kids and I are back at our hotel to warm up and relax, before heading out to check out the monuments (Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson).

• Like 2

She did really great today, so she deserves that nap!

It was wonderful seeing those I knew again, and meeting a few new people too. It's amazing how easy it is to carry on real conversations with those you usually 'talk' to via your keyboard. Good group of people. Plus I got a lot of hugs!