I have done some updates on the underlying server software today. If you were around while I was doing this, the site was going up and down like a yo-yo. A reboot and a couple of services restart later and I think we are up and running. Everything I tested seems to be working and all the big red warning flags I was getting have cleared.
(for the technically inclined, we went from PHP 7.0 end of life version to PHP7.1. I had to get the extensions right and update the caching system. bleh. I hate command line linux)
In theory, we should be good. If you bump into a hairball, be sure to post below with as many details as you can so I can reproduce the issue.