Okay, so it's almost bedtime for me, but I wanted to get this out so that everyone knew some of the stuff going on before the upcoming anthology deadline.
Participation was down for the last anthology. After some discussion, it has been decided to offer some author incentives. Incentives seemed a good way to possibly encourage authors to participate. After the final set of anthologies has been posted for the spring anthology, I will be doing a drawing. Authors get a single entry for each story that appears in the anthology. We will then draw three names (most likely using the site random.org), and the winners of the drawing will receive the following:
- 1st name drawn: 6 Month Premium Membership
- 2nd name drawn: 3 Month Premium Membership
- 3rd name drawn: 1 Month Premium membership
If you are already a subscriber, the membership can extend your current membership or you can donate it to a member of your choice.
10,000 Word + Stories
We tried this for the last anthology and it seemed to go over well. It makes a little more work on my part, but I'm willing to do it again if authors are interested. However, I am going to post a few guidelines here to hopefully curb some of the questions that I got the last anthology. First we'll look at word counts.
- 10,000 - 14,999 Words: Up to 2 chapters and a 2 week release schedule
- 15,000 - 19,999 Words: Up to 3 chapters and a 3 week release schedule
- 20,000 - 25,000 Words: Up to 4 chapters and a 4 week release schedule
Now, lets look at posting guidelines if you choose this option. Everything for regular anthologies also apply to the delayed posting option, but the following also applies:
- The entire story has to be proof read at the same time. You cannot send each chapter separately to the proof team.
- The entire story must be posted in GA Stories at one time. Once I move the story to the anthology category, you are unable to edit it to add chapters.
- No extensions can be offered if you use the delayed posting option. The story, in it's entirety, must be ready to start posting when the first set of stories are set to release.
- Stories using the delayed posting option can be set to in progress, but you must let Renee know
- When you post your link, you MUST include that you wish it to be posted with a delayed posting schedule, the word count, and the number of chapters. This ensures that I know how many weeks it will need to post and that the number of chapters correlate to the word counts set for each option.
In the past, I have created two threads. One for discussion and one for links. I have changed that up this time around. The main thread can be used for discussions and questions relating to the anthology. This go around, I have created two other threads, one for each anthology theme. This was done to ensure that I know which theme your story is meant for. Please post your story link in the appropriate thread. Your story WILL appear in whichever theme you posted your link. I've provided the links below.
If you have any other questions regarding the anthology or these new guidelines, please don't hesitate to ask below or send me a PM.