Fagoogle Offers Gay Search Engine

Fagoogle Offers Gay Search Engine

A new search engine tool has been released this week which is based on the Google search engine - but with a twist. Fagoogle.com supports homosexuality and actively sponsors programs aimed at educating people about the gay lifestyle.

According to the press release, Google's lawyers have approved this one...

Google, Inc. itself, has announced that Fagoogle.com is fully in compliance with Google regulations, and as such is neither endorsed, nor shunned by Google.

http://www.searchenginelowdown.com/2004/09...rch-engine.html

www.fagoogle.com

Edited by movieguy47

Well I have to admit this made me laugh. If beforehand in the normal Google Search, I typed in "Jay Cracker", I found links to every single chapter of every story I'd written! The links are now dead, naturally.

That was via Nifty of course, so things will be different now I guess. Hmm, I wonder? !! Well I'll have to wait until the stories are up to see!

I do wish they'd thought up a better name for the Search Engine though. I find the name mildly insulting. :angry:

Mike.g

For those of you that did not click the search at the site, this was the message they posted.

Fagoogle.com - Banned by Google

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Google does not see fit to allow Fagoogle.com to operate.

This has been caused by Google's over-aggressive policing of their 'intellectual property' rights, which they feel we've in some way threatened, despite the fact that this website did not set out to violate any terms set out by Google.

The creators of this website contacted Google prior to launching Fagoogle.com - and the Google response was to email us links to their terms and conditions, which we read and fully cooperate with. We understood that by following these terms carefully, we were being given the 'go-ahead' by Google. Google was not satisfied, however, and are now attempting to claim that this website domain name contains their 'intellectual property': the word 'google'.

We are scratching our heads over certain words used in an angry and aggressive email sent to us by the Google team, but we will lock Fagoogle.com until we complete the incorporation of another search tool (perhaps Microsoft Search might be interested) into our website.

Fagoogle.com had a brief and costly run - we only managed to generate $3.91 using Google Adsense, which doesn't even cover the cost of our domain (which Google claims belongs to them). We'll donate this to charity anyway.

We feel that this is a sad day in the history of Google, a day in which they should be ashamed of themselves for not only their aggressive behavior, but their failure to respond to the launch of our site in a civil, interested manner.

Google should be assisting websites which choose to create a partnership with them, not flailing their arms wildly at them. From our point of view, this was a glint of madness behind the eyes of Google.

We began this campaign in praise of Google, but we end with flat hearts, and the feeling that one more good thing in the world has turned very wrong.

We apologise for all those who saw us as in the light we wished to be seen in. It seems as though corporate power and legal mumbo-jumbo is going to prevent our work for charity at this point - unless of course we find someone to sue for treading close to our 'intellectual propery' rights.

Thank you all for your support.

Contact us at support@fagoogle.com for more information.