My Dear Friend, Ed (editor) Has Passed Away.

For those of you who knew and cared for Ed Wooten as I and other of his writers have, you'll be saddened to hear that he passed away Friday, Sept 19. He passed quietly and peacefully at home, according to his son, and was 81.

Ed, you have touched many lives, helped many of us to appear to be a better author than we truly were, and your concern, open-mindedness, and friendship will be sorely missed. Peace be with you, my friend, it was a pleasure knowing you. Bill

• Site Administrator

I've been working with Ed behind the scenes as I've set up this site. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

He was truly an inspiration and has touched many lives.

Four years ago on the 31st of October Ed EDited the second chapter of my first online publication while handing out candy. He was compared to 4 other editors and i graded them and selected ED because he was the best. Since then Ed has editor 6 stories and millions of words from me.

He never asked me for a thing except where are more chapters. ED you are truely one of a kind and I'll love you forever my friend.

I am sorry to hear this.

I never knew him personally, or exchanged messages with him, but I am aware of his hard work as an editor for several writers here.

Having dabbled a little as editor myself, I know quality when I see it, and he was it.

His death is a loss to all of us.

My commiserations goes to BW and WP, and of course to his family and other friends.

May he rest in peace.