• Site Administrator

Never open the door on something that has been written. You end up doing far more than you planned.

I wanted to correct some eary issues, plot things, and non-cannon guesses in my story. I created an extensive outline of the first 5 chapters and very quickly found myself with a new chapter in there.

I'm correcting the little things (like Professor Sprout's first name) and I'm changing some pretty big things too.

The general plot is the same. Many of the chapters will only have minor edits. However, the first 6 chapters are going to get quite the updating. All the changes make the chapters longer too.

The plan at the moment is this... complete the detailed outline of the full story. Complete the re-write of the first 30 chapters. (at least 31 now, as there is a new one stuck in there)... then complete the rest of the story.

As far as posting goes... I'll probably repost at a rate of 5 a day for a week. Then repost all of it on FF. Then I'll post the last chapters 1 per week until complete.

We'll see how the plan goes.

Hi Myr, great to hear your working on PoD again, even a re-write. Is the processof rewiting a fast one for you, or is it a slow painstaking process? (ok I'm asking how long till the revisions are out, but trying to be less demanding than that). I relise that this is your baby and it will be ready when and only when your happy with it, I'm just hoping that will be much sooner rather than latter.

A quite but loyal fan

Shane

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm writing the outline first and marking up all the areas that require change. I think I'm going to make some of the outcomes of book 5-book 7 the same, but the path of getting there much different.

I'm writing the outline first and marking up all the areas that require change. I think I'm going to make some of the outcomes of book 5-book 7 the same, but the path of getting there much different.

I sure don't envy you having to make so many changes to such a large story. I have trouble enough when I make changes to a prior chapter due to something occurring in the following one.

Three Cheers that Myr's back to writing. :2thumbs:

• Site Administrator

I have completed two chapters of rewrites. The next one is hard because I'm actually splitting chapter 3 into two chapters. (new content!)

We'll see how that goes.

Myr

I have completed two chapters of rewrites. The next one is hard because I'm actually splitting chapter 3 into two chapters. (new content!)

We'll see how that goes.

Myr

Uhoh, that means you're going to need to change the chapter numbering. I've yet to do that without screwing it up.

Glad to see you writing again. :2thumbs:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Sorry for the long delay. I missed this post.

I have no further updates yet.

• 2 months later...
Guest jdnokc

well i hate to sound lika a jerk really but obviously as usual that was just a load a hot air. as its been months since you made this announcement and i see NOTHING has been updated and no rewritten chapters have shown up. Why dont you just admit this story is abandoned.

• Site Moderator

In Myr's defense, he has done some work on PoD. He's been very busy the past several months. He has done some work on the story. I know. I've worked on them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I have not given up.

Working 50+ hours per week and then running and maintaining Gay Authors eats up a ton of time.

When I do get a chance to sit down, I'd rather releive stress by blowing up demons and aliens than write.

I am making slow, steady progress on things.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to know that you are slowly working is all I need to know. What chapters, if any, have been re written and posted so far. You know the funny thing though, as a writer myself, I find that the most relaxing thing I can do is write, so for me it;s easier I suppose. Then again I don't like playing games, so that's not a distraction at all to me. Well, hope to see something new some time soon, as always, love the story and keep it up.

• Site Administrator

Eric, I am not posting any revisions until all 30 chapters are done. There would be major continuity issues, otherwise. I have completed minor rewrites to chapters 1 and 2. They were mostly to clarify things and clear up others. Chapters 3 and 4 have major changes. I'm still balancing things there. There is a lot of added content in this area.

Thanks for reading.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. So would it be reasonable to think that there probably won't be any new chapters until the rewrite is done? How long do you figure the rewrite will take now? If you need any help with anything, feel free to email me at erich5748@yahoo.com, I am always willing to help out.