What a bad day!

Thirdeye

My day sucked today and I need to vent. I spent this weekend in Dc where my boyfriend is working and had a great 4 days. But last night as I am driving home I notice my car is having trouble getting out of first gear. I however get home about 12 am and go to bed as soon as I get home because I have to be in class at 8 am.

My first class we had a test, and none of the items on the test were what we were told to study. I still got one of the top four grades but still was not a good grade.

My second class we had a surprise test which I was very unprepared for

My third class a quiz that we were told would be given on Thursday

My last class was just boring

I was stressed out, so of course on my way home my car breaks down at a stop light, in rush hour, with 30 people behind me. Lucky for me someone helped me push to a parking lot down the road, where it is still parked. So now I have to decide what to do with it tomorrow. If its a transmission, it won't even be worth towing it in. This Buds for me.

• Site Administrator

I hope the car is salvageable, Frank. * fingers crossed *

I hope the other things turn out well. At least you got some quality time with Jacob :)

Don't give up on it Frank.

It may just be the linkage. Sometimes they slip and won't engauge and have to be put back in place.

Do you have anyone nearby that knows their stuff and is honest?

Perhaps you can get Lugnutz to give you an over the phone diagnosis.

My day sucked today and I need to vent. I spent this weekend in Dc where my boyfriend is working and had a great 4 days. But last night as I am driving home I notice my car is having trouble getting out of first gear. I however get home about 12 am and go to bed as soon as I get home because I have to be in class at 8 am.

My first class we had a test, and none of the items on the test were what we were told to study. I still got one of the top four grades but still was not a good grade.

My second class we had a surprise test which I was very unprepared for

My third class a quiz that we were told would be given on Thursday

My last class was just boring

I was stressed out, so of course on my way home my car breaks down at a stop light, in rush hour, with 30 people behind me. Lucky for me someone helped me push to a parking lot down the road, where it is still parked. So now I have to decide what to do with it tomorrow. If its a transmission, it won't even be worth towing it in. This Buds for me.

Oh man! You poor thing :hug:

I'm so sorry :(

I hope tomorrow is MUCH MUCH better! Good luck with the car and I hope you aced those other two exams that you didn't know about!

Good luck and let us know how everything works out

-Kevin

What kind of car is it? On some cars the tranny will get stuck in 'limp mode', which I find out more about if that's the case. Was the car throwing any codes (any warning lights)? Was it making any odd noises when the things started happening? What's the age/mileage?

What kind of car is it? On some cars the tranny will get stuck in 'limp mode', which I find out more about if that's the case. Was the car throwing any codes (any warning lights)? Was it making any odd noises when the things started happening? What's the age/mileage?

Its a 99 eclipse and the mileage i am not sure of

Damn, I don't know anything about foreign cars, other than that their reliability is atrocious.

You're gonna have to have it towed to a reputable garage for a diagnosis. Then, go to Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds and get a free appraisal of the car. If the estimated cost of repairs (without towing charges) exceeds the value of the car, junk it. Especially if it has a lot of miles (more than 150,000). You could also figure in the cost of all repairs in the last year and work it out to a monthly payment (including the estimate for this repair), then compare that amount to a monthly payment on a new (or used) car. Again if that value exceeds that of a new car, junk it.