Ahmadinejad's recent statement about gay people

I read this a while back and was as disgusted by it back then as I am right now!

He has no right to make such comments even if he is the Head of State of a country.

I will not discuss this further for fear of violating The Lounge's rules, but if they weren't there (the rules), I would have some choice words for Mr. President

The Beastkid

I read this a while back and was as disgusted by it back then as I am right now!

He has no right to make such comments even if he is the Head of State of a country.

I will not discuss this further for fear of violating The Lounge's rules, but if they weren't there (the rules), I would have some choice words for Mr. President

The Beastkid

B) ....Whats to say, the man is an ass!!

Politicians like Ahmadinejad take a stance like this for one or more of several reasons:

1. To appease fundamentalist factions and keep the mullahs happy (that is southern baptist bigwigs in if you live in Texas)

2. Populist politicians say whatever is popular or what they think the voter wants to hear

3. He himself is a fundamentalist and honestly believes it as a matter of faith.

4. He is profoundly ignorant of the subject of sex in general and homosexuality in particular because he grew up under the Ayatollah's rule and the Revolutionary Guard's brand of Sharia.

In any case, I doubt Teheran Pride is going to have much of a turn out until the Islamo-fascists quit hanging 14 year olds for masterbating together and chopping off things best left alone.

Off-topic:

It's weird reading about how narrow-minded Iran is and hating it for that, while I read about Persia (Iran) in the early-to-mid 20th century and its struggles with the British over the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company and sympathizing with the country. I hate history classes... engineers shouldn't have to take them.

/Off-topic.