This is a powerful and beautiful piece with a glint of hope in the beginning "Little white pills I wish I never found you" like a tenuous foot hold to permit a glimpse into the darkness. I am glad that you have found a way back and shared this with us all . Darn! now I'll have to look you up for more poetry

Ixyam

• 4 weeks later...
A very moving and dark piece!

Actually, I didn't see much hope in it. Although obviously there was :) Hmm, perhaps some of the hope came from writing it?

Over the years, I've written in detail about my struggle with addiction. And sadly, most of these pieces were composed while I was completely out of my mind on cocaine, or worse. Looking back now, three months free from cocaine, I can see the love/hate relationship that existed. I loved using coke, yet in the middle of the high I was filled with such self-loathing that I would write such depressing pieces. Though the one above is written more about my Vicadin problems then cocaine, I think the principle is the same.

My recovery, such as it is, is helped by the re-reading of those poems that were written during that time. I don't want to feel the way I felt in these pieces. So i guess you could say that hope did come from writing it.

Jason R.