Insult or a Compliment

rekop1

I am seeing this new guy and the other day he called me a young donut, I did not know what to make of it. Just wondering what if someone called you a donut, what would your take on it be?

I would so rather be called a cupcake.

Thx

Anthony

• Site Administrator

The tone of voice, or the context, will tell you if it was meant as an insult or a compliment. Some people love donuts, so it could be an oddball way of saying you're sweet and loveable. When in doubt, take it as a compliment :)

I am seeing this new guy and the other day he called me a young donut, I did not know what to make of it. Just wondering what if someone called you a donut, what would your take on it be?

Hmmm, I've never heard anyone refer to anyone else as a 'young donut'. It's probably a compliment if you're dating. :D

It depends on the tone of voice he used. LOL. If it was condescending with a smirk, then definitely an insult.

If spoken with a laugh, or a suggestive wink. It's a compliment of sorts. A fond name-calling.

If it was spoken while he was lewdly drooling at you. LOL. I may have exaggerated a bit, then it might definitely be a compliment.

But, yeah, you're dating! It's definitely a compliment, man.

Yeah it definitely depends on the way it's said. You can't really hold the word against him, even though, dough nut would be an odd 'pet-name' to give to someone, if it even qualified as one. I know I've been called some odd things in the past and they sounded down-right insulting, but they meant it as a sign of affection... some people just have different ways to communicate their feelings?

I would definitely ask as the curiosity would kill me.. OR.. call him the same thing and see how he reacts.. then you'd have a definitive answer there.. as he would definitely have to explain himself if you used it in the wrong context. (be careful with this method though)

Krista

I would so rather be called a cupcake.

Thx

Anthony

My urban dict. :unsure: told me that he called you a young love hole. I dunno, it must depend for most on the situation, was he kidding, teasing. If so, well I wouldn't be offended. If it was all serious then I'd be a little insulted, if not insulted, I wouldn't want to do anything with that guy

sacha

My urban dict. :unsure: told me that he called you a young love hole. I dunno, it must depend for most on the situation, was he kidding, teasing. If so, well I wouldn't be offended. If it was all serious then I'd be a little insulted, if not insulted, I wouldn't want to do anything with that guy

sacha

Well, the mere fact that he had called me a doughnut -regardless of how he meant it - would make me not want to do anything with him.

Menzo

The latest interpretations are similar to the a joke in GTA: Vice City. There is a donut shop in the game. I will not post the name of the donut shop, because it is rather crude. However, I am not surprised about the similar definitions.

The latest interpretations are similar to the a joke in GTA: Vice City. There is a donut shop in the game. I will not post the name of the donut shop, because it is rather crude. However, I am not surprised about the similar definitions.

B) ......Well, live and learn....I had never heard that term before!! I'm not sure how I would have taken it :wacko:

My urban dict. :unsure: told me that he called you a young love hole.

sacha

Well see that was my first reaction. Then I figured he was calling me fat, but then he is just lying to himself for that one. The sad part is that I was not paying much attention to the conversation when he called me that :( . I asked him about it yesterday and he just smiled at me.

Anthony

Who just realized that I so.... misspelled doughnut. Egg on my face :P .

Well see that was my first reaction. Then I figured he was calling me fat, but then he is just lying to himself for that one. The sad part is that I was not paying much attention to the conversation when he called me that :( . I asked him about it yesterday and he just smiled at me.

Anthony

Well, it sounds to me that he didn't meant it in any bad way and that it was some kind of teasing. From there you just have to ask yourself if you don't mind some sort of name calling/teasing like that. If you don't well just tell him that you don't like it. I wouldn't stop hanging with him for that reason.

Well, it sounds to me that he didn't meant it in any bad way and that it was some kind of teasing. From there you just have to ask yourself if you don't mind some sort of name calling/teasing like that. If you don't well just tell him that you don't like it. I wouldn't stop hanging with him for that reason.

Personally, I prefer not be called a "doughnut". Secondly, people should be careful about making such references. Some actually take offense while others are fine with it. The one thing I hate being called is the b word. I may be one, but that's a moot point. I find the word disrespectful. Others proudly call themselves that. It's all about what you expect from others and what they expect from you.

The tone of voice, or the context, will tell you if it was meant as an insult or a compliment. Some people love donuts, so it could be an oddball way of saying you're sweet and loveable. When in doubt, take it as a compliment :)

...exactly, just like I might call my boyfriend a mushroom or an artichoke ;)

Personally, I prefer not be called a "doughnut". Secondly, people should be careful about making such references. Some actually take offense while others are fine with it. The one thing I hate being called is the b word. I may be one, but that's a moot point. I find the word disrespectful. Others proudly call themselves that. It's all about what you expect from others and what they expect from you.

Exactly, there are some seemingly dreadful things my friends can get by with calling me, and there are some seemingly innocent things that would really irritate me. *shrugs* Depends on the individual.

Don't worry though, Anthony, I'm sure he meant it in a nice way :):hug:

-Kevin

I guess, the best is to wait until you know the other relatively (and let them know you) before doing name callings. It can be sweet, but you gotta be sure that the other guy will take it in a good way.

friendly teasing is the same way too, you need to know the other before being free to tease him. Personally, I don't mind, tho I'll never accept to be called someone's bitch or being easy.