GA Ventrilo

Mike so kindly set us up with a ventrilio server to use for chatting.

Ventrilo (Vent) is mainly a microhone chat program that allows a group of users to talk to each other. It also includes text chat similar to IRC for those of you that don't have a microphone or don't wish to use your voice.

The client can be downloaded here. You can also find out more about the program there as well as a guide to installing and connecting to the server.

You will need the following information to access the server:

IP Address: 75.126.241.95

Port: 6040

Stop by and say hello if you're bored!

Mike so kindly set us up with a ventrilio server to use for chatting.

Ventrilo (Vent) is mainly a microhone chat program that allows a group of users to talk to each other. It also includes text chat similar to IRC for those of you that don't have a microphone or don't wish to use your voice.

The client can be downloaded here. You can also find out more about the program there as well as a guide to installing and connecting to the server.

You will need the following information to access the server:

IP Address: 75.126.241.95

Port: 6040

Stop by and say hello if you're bored!

Indeed if you see me on the forums Im most likey in the ventrilo as well so don't be shy. Come on in and keep me company!

I promise I don't bite :D

Also if you need any help setting up ventrilo feel free to PM me.

-Mike

See?

irc is bad ... i hate that program its the worse

in vent u can actually do a regular chat as well as voice chats .

Blah. I have Ventrilo. I just hate the fact that it can't be minimized quickly to the system tray like mIRC can. And IRC isn't THAT bad. LOL. YahooMessenger and MSN is worse. They're full of viruses, spams, trojans, etc. I got infected with the worm SVCHOSTVIII once, 'cause my sister inadvertently clicked some spam while on YM.

nobody's ever there on ventrilo's GA server!!!

Well with everyones time difference it is hard. May I sugest when you log on, if you see that no one else is on don't log off right away, just stay on for as long as you can / want and hopefully when others log you won't be alone anymore.

I know I for one am on it an awful lot just it seems no one else comes on when I am.

And fyi if you see me on the forums I will be on vent so hope on over =P

-Mike

I check in at times, and yes being in different time zones make it tough.

Only talked to one person on their from ga so far.

I can see L0st Cause online, but I am unable to talk to him. I keep on screaming into my mic, but no reply!! Do we have to press some button/key for the mic to activate?? It does give a funny sound when I press Ctrl...

I can see L0st Cause online, but I am unable to talk to him. I keep on screaming into my mic, but no reply!! Do we have to press some button/key for the mic to activate?? It does give a funny sound when I press Ctrl...

On the right hand side of ventrilo, there is a button that says setup. Click on it, then another page will appear. On the top left hand corner of that page you will see something called "push To Talk" Click the box next to it so it's on. Then go down into the "hotKey" box and click your mouse in it. Now push whatever button you want to be the button you use to talk with. For EX: my push to talk button is the 1 key. So when I talk I push down 1, I talk, then when Im done saying whatevert I wanted to I I let go. To make sure you set it up right, click the test button on the bottom and then push your PTT button and see if it works. Then push okay and you are done! :worship:

The reason I didn't respond was because I left the program running by mistake, sorry about that. But I'm glad a bunch of you were on!!!

-Mike

p.s. If you still don't understand send me a pm and i'll go into more detail.

On the right hand side of ventrilo, there is a button that says setup. Click on it, then another page will appear. On the top left hand corner of that page you will see something called "push To Talk" Click the box next to it so it's on. Then go down into the "hotKey" box and click your mouse in it. Now push whatever button you want to be the button you use to talk with. For EX: my push to talk button is the 1 key. So when I talk I push down 1, I talk, then when Im done saying whatevert I wanted to I I let go. To make sure you set it up right, click the test button on the bottom and then push your PTT button and see if it works. Then push okay and you are done! :worship:

The reason I didn't respond was because I left the program running by mistake, sorry about that. But I'm glad a bunch of you were on!!!

-Mike

p.s. If you still don't understand send me a pm and i'll go into more detail.

We kinda guessed that you left it on...Ventrilo working quite well for me.. had a chat with Krista and Drewbie yesterday... :)