[DomLuka] Domaholic FAQ's

Q) What does the title 'The Log Way' mean?

A) Here is an excerpt from an Author Note that Dom left at the end of the nifty posting of TLW Chapter 4:

QUOTE(Domluka)

`The Log Way' -- lots of people seemed to be confused about the title of this story because it doesn't make any sense. Well, you're right, it doesn't. See, the story was originally called `The Long Way,' the new title is a typo-(yes, authors do make mistakes.) I try to edit every chapter before I submit it, so you can imagine how stupid I felt when I realized that I messed up on the title of the first chapter.

But, a title's just a title. I'd like to think that the story itself is what's important. So, there you have it, `The Long Way' has become the `The Log Way.'

:lmao: I did not know that! I'm from Germany and the transtaion to log way "Holzweg" and walk the log way "auf dem Holzweg sein" would mean as much as to be on the wrong way. I always automatically assumed that was what the story was about. I didn't even know it didn't make sense in English.

Thanks for enlightening me :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

:lmao: I did not know that! I'm from Germany and the transtaion to log way "Holzweg" and walk the log way "auf dem Holzweg sein" would mean as much as to be on the wrong way. I always automatically assumed that was what the story was about. I didn't even know it didn't make sense in English.

Thanks for enlightening me :worship:

*giggles*

my german is incredibly rusty, but if i'm not wrong "der holzweg" means "the wooden road"

now that's amusing :>

it's like the oz's yellow road turned organic :lmao:

does owen get to be dorothy? 0:)

• 1 month later...

my german is incredibly rusty, but if i'm not wrong "der holzweg" means "the wooden road"

now that's amusing :>

Maybe now, but not in the past. The southern US, except for the coast, was settled mostly by people who came down the Great Plank Road from Philadelphia, Germans and Scots-Irish for the most part. Ships came into Philadelphia long before immigrants went to Ellis Island.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

umm just finished reading "the other side of me" and i know the last chapter is the epilogue...but i gotta know I JUST GOTTA!!!!

what happens to oliver? and frank? and david? do frank and oliver get together? gah!!!

(fat chance of this happening cuz the story is already a year old but still....one can hope)

• Like 1

umm just finished reading "the other side of me" and i know the last chapter is the epilogue...but i gotta know I JUST GOTTA!!!!

what happens to oliver? and frank? and david? do frank and oliver get together? gah!!!

(fat chance of this happening cuz the story is already a year old but still....one can hope)

Welcome Credlin! Many of Dom's stories leave us with unanswered questions (which is half the fun).

I don't recall Dom saying that there was going to be a sequel to TOSOM, but the ending left that a possibility. Who knows, some day his creative juices might take him back to this one.

But in the meantime, hope you're enjoying With Trust.

Hope to see you in the forums!

Take Care®,

Vic

Edited by NaperVic

Welcome Credlin! Many of Dom's stories leave us with unanswered questions (which is half the fun).

I don't recall Dom saying that there was going to be a sequel to TOSOM, but the ending left that a possibility. Who knows, some day his creative juices might take him back to this one.

But in the meantime, hope you're enjoying With Trust.

Hope to see you in the forums!

Take Care

• 2 years later...

i really dont like reading unfinished stories cuz my impatience kills me, i like to read from start to end and the wait ..oh the wait

I don't usually either. In fact there's only two authors who I will read WIP and one of them is Dom-despite my belief that he won't return. Read them, Credlin. The words alone, the characters, you might feel a pang of sadness about not knowing how the stories turn out, but you won't regret having the stories in your head. He's just such a great writer and the characters live on.