[DomLuka] Domaholic FAQ's

Story Updates (updated September 21, 2011)

With Trust (WT) Ch 21 posted on Mar 12, 2010

In The Fish Bowl (ITFB) Epilogue posted on Jan 12, 2010

Hello Stupid (HS) Ch 3 & 4 posted Feb 4, 2009

FAQs

Q) What's a Domaholic?

A) A Domaholic is an obsessed fan of Domluka's writing. To find out if you are a Domaholic, see this thread You know you're a Domaholic if...

Q) Where's Dom?

A)

• September 2011 - No update from Dom. His hiatus continues.
  • May 2010 - Dom appears to be on a hiatus. Summer is usually his busy time, so this is not unusual.
  • Jul 2009 - Dom's very busy with work and while he hasn't posted any chapters recently, he has been blogging.
  • Nov 2008 - After a long hiatus, Dom has recently reappeared and has started posting some new material (11/07/2008).
Q) What are the statuses of each of Dom's Stories?

A)

Series

- The Log Way (TLW) Complete (30/30)

- Desert Dropping (DD) Complete (36/36)

- The Ordinary Us (TOU) Complete (25/25)

- The Other Side of Me(TOSOM) Complete - (15/15)

- In The Fish Bowl (ITFB) - Complete (31/31)

- With Trust (WT) Hiatus - Chapter 21 of 25ish

- Hello Stupid (HS) - Hiatus- Chapter 4 of ??

Short Stories

- The Spirit of James (TSOJ) - Complete (1/1) (Short Story)

- Under The Mistletoe (UTM) - Complete (1/1) (Short Story)

- Valentine's Day Goes to the Dog (VDGD) - Complete (1/1) (Short Story)

- Out With Harrison Polk (OWHP) - On Hiatus - (short story)

- Sam I Am (SIA) - Hiatus (part 1 of ??)

Q) I have questions about Dom posting a story in the 'Premium Section' of GA

A) Dom's blog entry on this topic has been pasted below:

To avoid any more confusion, yes, I've started another story. Leave the Pieces can be found in "Gay Author's Premium Content" along with so far, some pretty cool stuff from dkstories. Because this section of GA is pay only, it should only be discussed in the Premium forum out of respect to other readers. If you'd like to comment on the story, please do it there. I've already answered a few questions from individuals and am more than willing to answer any others, but I'm hoping to accomplish that now. Posted Image

Leave the Pieces is a coming of age story with a few twists. I've placed a brief explanation with the chapter announcement in the forums for anyone curious and can't see it without subscribing.

No, the two other stories I'm currently working on are not "on hold" because of this.

No, none of the stories currently posted on the website will suddenly show up on a "pay only" site.

No again, not everything I write from now on will go to "Premium Content" first.

I'd like everyone to understand that it's been sad to watch so many forums for gay authors and readers slow down or completely shut down. It would be a shame to see Gay Authors disappear when so many people who need a place like this haven't even found it yet. I've decided that the best way I can do my part at the moment is to donate work to this particular project. As Myr has explained in his topic under "administration communication," some of these stories will eventually make it to the regular site, some are there to stay. No individuals are profiting from this, and I'm sorry if anyone feels that having to subscribe to a monthly subscription for certain stories is unfair. I don't think it was anyone's intention to offend. Obviously everyone has the choice to sign up or not, and if you choose not to, I think everyone can respect that decision and no one will take it personally.

Q) Dom used to post weekly, and now he hasn't posted in months years. Is there something wrong? How are we supposed to survive?

A) Dom takes periodic breaks (some of which can be extended), but so far he's always come back. The current hiatus is his longest.

Q) What does the title 'The Log Way' mean?

A) Here is an excerpt from an Author Note that Dom left at the end of the nifty posting of TLW Chapter 4:

`The Log Way' -- lots of people seemed to be confused about the title of this story because it doesn't make any sense. Well, you're right, it doesn't. See, the story was originally called `The Long Way,' the new title is a typo-(yes, authors do make mistakes.) I try to edit every chapter before I submit it, so you can imagine how stupid I felt when I realized that I messed up on the title of the first chapter.

But, a title's just a title. I'd like to think that the story itself is what's important. So, there you have it, `The Long Way' has become the `The Log Way.'

Q) What's C.H.A.D. and do I have it?

A) CHAD stands for Cliff Hanger Anxiety Disorder. In layperson terms, in means that you get weary and anxious as you come to the end of a Domluka chapter. You are afraid that a cliff hanger will be coming. Domaholic's with severe CHAD even see cliff hangers where there aren't any. See this Thread for a more detailed discussion on CHAD.

Q) What are these Dom-o-Derm CQ Patches?

A) Dom-o-Derm CQ is a patch that works like Nicoderm�, but instead of suppressing your desire to smoke, it suppresses your need for Dom's stories. It usually holds off the withdrawal pains when there is a particularly long period of time between chapter postings. Comes in 100mg and 500mg doses.

Q) Where do I get Domaholic Merchandise?

A) The Domaholic Decoder Ring, sweatshirt, and Leather Necklace are not available to the general public. Only members who pass the Domaholic Trivia Proficiency (DTP) Exam are eligible to become members.

Here are some DTP sample questions (this is not an open book exam):

1) Name the 2 Domluka characters that share the same last name, but are not in the same story.

2) Where does Luke's best friend work?

3) What is the middle name of Adam's best friend (Adam of TLW)?

4) Where does Quinn keep his journal?

5) The first time Aiden and Owen studied at Shadow, what restaurant did Chris bring them food from?

Q) Who's Nazi-Dom?

A) While 95% of the time, Dom is either cute or coy, and works toward consensus, some things set him off and Nazi-Dom is released. Nazi-Dom is agressive, decisive, and to the point. He tells us what he's thinking, gives it to us straight, and he's emotional.

For those of us used to CCC Dom (Cute/Coy/Consensus Dom), this aggressive side to him is surprising, refreshing, and yet strangely erotic at the same time. Nazi-Dom should not be summoned often. Posted Image

Q) Who's DKstories and why is he always picking on Domaholics?

A) DKstories is a fellow GA author (and a good one in his own right) but he is also a Domluka fan. Don't be scared of him when he calls you a Domophile, Domaniac, or whatever name he comes up with. It's all in good fun. He's best challenged with wittiness in return.

Q) What do the acronyms LRITE, SRITE, & LGAITE stand for?

A) These are acryonyms of Dessert Dropping Character matchings that different fanboys and fangirls are hopeful for.

LRITE - Luke and Rory In The End

SRITE - Seth and Rory In The End

LGAITE - Luke & Grandma Alice In The End

Just remember ITE stands for In The End

Q) What does (tls) by Aaron's name stand for?

A) Aaron(tls) - TLS stands for 'The Little Slut', which best describes Aaron from Desert Dropping.

Edited by NaperVic

Er... um... this is bad. :blink: Off the top of my head... I can tell you the answer to one, and only one, of those questions... I think I knew more the last time. :wacko:

*Dom profusely blushes as he goes to hide in a corner*

1) Name the 2 Domluka characters that share the same last name, but are not in the same story.

rick leto (dd) gina leto (tlw)

2) Where does Luke's best friend work?

diner with no name

3) What is the middle name of Adam's best friend?

clarance??

4) Where does Quinn keep his journal?

bottom desk drawer

5) The first time Aiden and Owen studied at Shadow, what restaurant did Chris bring them food from?

subway

did i get it? did i? did i?

3) What is the middle name of Adam's best friend?

clarance??

I just realized that with Dom now writing Service with Dan, that 'Adam' is ambiguous. The 'Adam' I was referring to was 'Adam' of TLW.

Vic the Domaholic

Edited by naper_vic

Er... um... this is bad.  :blink: Off the top of my head... I can tell you the answer to one, and only one, of those questions... I think I knew more the last time.  :wacko:

*Dom profusely blushes as he goes to hide in a corner*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

--pets-- It's okay Dom...No author can be perfect....However you can make up the fact that you don't know your own stories well enough to answer the questions by giving us another chapter of TLW, that way we can make up more questions! :lol:

• 8 months later...

For those of us used to CCC Dom (Cute/Coy/Consensus Dom)

Stop confusing me! I see "CCC" and I think "Catechism of the Catholic Church" which is not at all what one wants to think about while think about Dom. Dom and Catholic Doctrine/Dogma do not mix well. It's like oil and...evil. Not a good combination.

Catholicism is the cause of many of my psychological problems :wacko:

Catholicism is the cause of many of my psychological problems :wacko:

As a recovering Catholic I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of my problems are related to my Catholic upbringing. :blink: As well as having a Mom like Marie Barone on 'Everybody loves Raymond'.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

*sigh* You know...I'd forgotten about this thread...and I'd never really noticed (or remembered noticing) the section about me.

Now it's open warfare...Vic...prepare to be punished. :)

(um...that swinging door is me running before the mad rabid hordes tear me limb from limb)

• 1 month later...

*sigh* You know...I'd forgotten about this thread...and I'd never really noticed (or remembered noticing) the section about me.

Now it's open warfare...Vic...prepare to be punished. :)

(um...that swinging door is me running before the mad rabid hordes tear me limb from limb)

Oh Dan, we wouldn't hurt you 'that' bad. We know that you and Trebs are big Dom fans too.

Although if the roles were reversed, I could also see you pulling a 'Jared' on a bunch of us...Especially after what he did to Brad :o in Service.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...