Thanks to TL The Writing Tiger for the following review;

This is a truly amazing story. I thought it was an excellent story for the theme. It is also a great exploration of a time when people did not accept people for their sexuality and the world of transvestites. I thought the love scene was nicely done. I felt as if I were there feeling every moment of the passionate kissing. I could also sense the character

My favorite part of this piece was the ending. It was so promising, in terms of the future and it seemed so perfect, in context of the characters. The lines- a closeted jock and a drag queen- really made me smile, almost to the point of laughing and I'm in my campus comp. lab! :D

The ending really leaves you with a warm and happy feeling and with the other somewhat gut-wrenching anthologies, which are equally good, I thoroughly enjoyed yours. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Sorry to take so long to get to this story, but I thought it was fantastic!

The characterisation at the start was perfect. Carrie came over as a giddy-headed girl in love, and that is really what she was. The ups and downs in her emotional state came over crystal clear, and, as TL said, it's a great interpretation of the theme.

Given how late I'm posting this, and the lack of comments above, all I can do is guess that a lot of readers thought it was going to be a story about a girl and stopped reading. If so, they've missed a great story and I thoroughly recommend that they go back and try again.

Well done, Altmexis! :great:

• 1 month later...