Review by Myk;

In a world where demihumans not only exist but walk among us, there is a need for humans to protect themselves. California has responded by creating an agency that responds to and investigates demihuman activity.

This story starts out with our protagonist senior agent Gregory Cantor and his team arriving at a street side shop in Los Angeles where he has tracked a dangerous shade to. Throughout this tale we are introduced to

*reads* *tilts head to the side* Well, that was...interesting to say the least. I like the way it was written and that it was interesting and kept your interest.

I found that the way it was set up was easy to read, and I'm talking about the list. It was good to me. Made me want more.

• Site Administrator

One question I've got is that while the Shades had the power to kill humans, does that make them evil? We don't have any reason in this story as to why the demihumans (of which the story implies Shades are only one type) are being exterminated? I had the impression that Syanto had been in that store for a while, with any indication that it had done anything wrong.

Yes, Syanto killed in the story, but was that just to try save its life?

A nice story. I agree with Rose -- the way it was presented was very effective and easy to read.

One question I've got is that while the Shades had the power to kill humans, does that make them evil? We don't have any reason in this story as to why the demihumans (of which the story implies Shades are only one type) are being exterminated? I had the impression that Syanto had been in that store for a while, with any indication that it had done anything wrong.

Yes, Syanto killed in the story, but was that just to try save its life?

A nice story. I agree with Rose -- the way it was presented was very effective and easy to read.

Those are very good question's Graeme, I;ve also wondered the same thing.

I really liked the way you add the "Nine things you should know about shades," That really added to the story, and gave the reader a little bit more information about what it was this team was dealing with.

All in all it was a very good read, good job Gabe. I'm hoping that there will be another story to follow, that will give us even more information about shades and Gregory Cantor.

-Mike

Didn't notice these had gone up a week ago.

Thank you for the reviews! I have at least one more story for this character planned that I will hopefully have finished for the "Escape" anthology. You may rest assured that at least some of your questions will be answered there.

I really enjoyed this story. It was so different from the other stories. Made me smile. And I adored the way you interpreted the theme. Very original. The style of writing was good too. The descriptions and information were inserted at the right place in the right amount. Leaving a bit of mystery.

Very good! :)

Take care,

Ieshwar

• 1 month later...