Europe here I come!

Dalmatia

:( .........Well still better than with the Dollar its plunging down right now

Which have good and bad benefits.

Good: US exports are cheaper and foreigners (Europeans and Canadians mostly) tour the USA more often. The economy benefits from that.

Bad: US imports are more expensive, which is bad for foreign countries. It's more expensive to go to Europe, but I think most Americans won't care because they rarely go beyond Canada and Mexico. Bad for Europe.

When the dollar is strong, just reverse the goods to bads and bads to goods.

Currencies always have their ups and downs over the course of time. ^^

Btw, the pound is still 20% more valuable than the euro. That's still considerable. lol

Anyway...moving on...

Dalmatia: Try checking out the libraries. Internet is free there...at least in Canada and the USA. Not sure if it's the same in France.

Edited by Jack Frost

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I've yet to see any libraries I havent been able to find out if there is free internet :lol:

And I know I am saving quite a bit, but I'd still prefer it if there was a greater difference between the Pound and Euro :P

I envy you... :D How exciting! How are you getting around, bus only? You didn't get an interrail pass or something? I know they're only valid for a month though, so I guess that isn't ideal for you. Where are you going next?

No I'm using the trains mostly, and no I didnt buy an Interrail pass. I've got a french young person railcard though, as I am going to be in france most of the time. Im in Nantes at the moment, I've just checked into the Youth Hostel and I'm off to La Rochelle tomorrow.

Which have good and bad benefits.

Good: US exports are cheaper and foreigners (Europeans and Canadians mostly) tour the USA more often. The economy benefits from that.

Bad: US imports are more expensive, which is bad for foreign countries. It's more expensive to go to Europe, but I think most Americans won't care because they rarely go beyond Canada and Mexico. Bad for Europe.

When the dollar is strong, just reverse the goods to bads and bads to goods.

Currencies always have their ups and downs over the course of time. ^^

Btw, the pound is still 20% more valuable than the euro. That's still considerable. lol

Anyway...moving on...

Dalmatia: Try checking out the libraries. Internet is free there...at least in Canada and the USA. Not sure if it's the same in France.

:P ......Right, the dollar is good for other countries right now, not so good for my wallet!

Im in spain at last!!! I got her eyesterday to be honest but I was only able to get on here breifly yesterday. Im at San Sebastian, and the weathers been good, much better then france, no rain :lol: It has clouded over now, but its still warm out so I dont mind. Im off to Bilbao tomorrow, but only to catch a train to somewhere else, the only problem being that I dont know where it is I

Im in spain at last!!! I got her eyesterday to be honest but I was only able to get on here breifly yesterday. Im at San Sebastian, and the weathers been good, much better then france, no rain :lol: It has clouded over now, but its still warm out so I dont mind. Im off to Bilbao tomorrow, but only to catch a train to somewhere else, the only problem being that I dont know where it is I

B) ........Too bad you "long" vacation is being cut short, most I ever take is a week off!!

Yeah, sad that you have to go home early -- but good luck with the interview! How much longer will you be on the road?

Awesome, I myself am actually going to Europe for 2 months in 12 days. Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria to visit my many relatives over there. Will be Spring over there when I visit so it should be very beautiful.

Awesome, I myself am actually going to Europe for 2 months in 12 days. Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria to visit my many relatives over there. Will be Spring over there when I visit so it should be very beautiful.

You lucky thing! :2thumbs:

Have a fantastic, safe time! :D

That is really cool! Have you been here before? Btw since we were talking about beer before, we've really good beer in Europe too, you should try it. Austria especially (my mother is from there). I hope you have a good time!

Oh my gosh, that's insane!! Would you have been better off just waiting in the very very long line the first day? That would drive me crazy, wow! Hope you got it worked out!

LOL, somehow I missed the nine and thought you said a 'half hour bus journey', I was thinking, "well that's not too bad, but I can't imagine how quickly that bus must be traveling! :huh: "

So how's Valencia?

Well no it probably wouldnt have done me any good, they only sell so many tickets a day, the reason why the line is always so long. When I went again on saturday I only just managed to get a ticket! I had to be one of the last ones to get one as by the time I had reached the infomation desk they were shuting the ticket office :P

That would have been great if it only took half an hour! I missed the bus I wanted to catch at 10:20 so I ended up having to catch the 15:45 which didnt get me in untill 1:30 am :angry: Why is there no bus between 10:20 and 15:45!!!

I

• 2 weeks later...

So I've made it to Italy, and I'm faced with another different keyboard.... Why cant everyone just use the same keyboard, wouldnt it make life alot easier?

I've been here for a few days now, this is the first time I've been able to get online, and its a right rip off. Im in Pisa at the moment, I've seen the tower already, it made me laugh, why continue to build once it started to lean? thats what i want to know? I didnt go up it though, I mean why would I want to pay

I've been here for a few days now, this is the first time I've been able to get online, and its a right rip off. Im in Pisa at the moment, I've seen the tower already, it made me laugh, why continue to build once it started to lean? thats what i want to know? I didnt go up it though, I mean why would I want to pay

I've always wanted to see it! LOL, I'd probably have gone up it.

Have you been to Venice yet?

No not yet, I'm in Rome at the moment and then I'm making my way to Venice via Florence. I'm trying to get my photos on to a DVD at the moment so I can take some more pictures, but so far 2 places havent been able to do it, so i'm hoping that it will work this time... Otherwise its been great here, and Rome must have one of the smallest Metro's in the world! Two lines, A and B, one goes south to north the other west to east lol Oh well it makes it easier for me :D

• 2 weeks later...
No not yet, I'm in Rome at the moment and then I'm making my way to Venice via Florence. I'm trying to get my photos on to a DVD at the moment so I can take some more pictures, but so far 2 places havent been able to do it, so i'm hoping that it will work this time... Otherwise its been great here, and Rome must have one of the smallest Metro's in the world! Two lines, A and B, one goes south to north the other west to east lol Oh well it makes it easier for me :D

I LOVE EUROPE! Great Britain is my favourite place in the World, but Italy and Germany come in close seconds. Where has your favourite place in Italy been so far? I loved Venice, but most people find it too touristy - if I may make a suggestion, try to get as far away from San Marco's Square as you can and into deep Venice and then make your way back xD that way you can see it without the mass crowds =) right anyways I couldn't miss the chance to get in on a Europe post xD Hope you're having the time of your life! I'm most jealous...