Finally!

I found the new chapter showing more about magic and about William's magic: am I wrong or he has a special way of dealing with it, as someway "Coming home" reveals?

And... Ben cut in half a FIRE BALL with his sword? Because it was Ben's who did it, wasn't it?

...another month waiting, uhmpf.

I found the new chapter showing more about magic and about William's magic: am I wrong or he has a special way of dealing with it, as someway "Coming home" reveals?
More than anything else, William's just not that good a wizard. :)

And... Ben cut in half a FIRE BALL with his sword? Because it was Ben's who did it, wasn't it?
Someone certainly did...

...another month waiting, uhmpf.
Well, hopefully not, but y'never know. I hadn't planned on this one taking as long as it did. (Though it's a whole lot better for it, that's for sure)
Someone certainly did...

well, in Dirty Basement Ben's sword slices in half a fireball coming out a giant frog's mouth (what could come out of a frog's diet?!) so I just presumed it was our almost-naked hero coming to rescue. Sort of :)

well, in Dirty Basement Ben's sword slices in half a fireball coming out a giant frog's mouth (what could come out of a frog's diet?!) so I just presumed it was our almost-naked hero coming to rescue. Sort of :)

In Dirty Basement Ben batted a fireball aside. Completely different thing. :P

Still, he does have a nifty sword. Poor William has to make do with a more mundane one for a while. He gets a new one at some point, but not quite yet. ("Yet" being a while after Dirty Basement)

Hey, I liked this story! Very well written. I remember reading the William and Ben short stories a while ago... sorry I never wrote to tell you that I liked them. :*) I hope to see more of this new story soon!

Oh, btw, little website things... there's no link back to your main author page from your story pages. And on your main author page under Ynar, you have "shory stories". Love the green, though! ^_^

Thanks,

Steph :D

Hey, I liked this story! Very well written. I remember reading the William and Ben short stories a while ago... sorry I never wrote to tell you that I liked them. :*) I hope to see more of this new story soon!

With any luck, it'll be soonish. The next chapter's 1800 words done, so it's moving.

Oh, btw, little website things... there's no link back to your main author page from your story pages. And on your main author page under Ynar, you have "shory stories". Love the green, though! ^_^

How 'bout the yankee pages in Dodger blue? :)

I fixed up the index and page templates. They all had a link back to the main page but it was badly labeled. Update's off to Joe for uploading.

How 'bout the yankee pages in Dodger blue? :)

Dodger blue?? Hey, you Connecticutites are supposed to be part of New England! (says the former Rhode Islander/Bay Stater) Yankee means red/white/blue! sheesh! Dodger blue! Where are your loyalties, New Englander? :P;)

Actually, I meant the green on the main author page is my favorite. But I definitely like how the story pages do not use white, but the color is so faint that you can hardly tell. Nicely done! :D

Dodger blue?? Hey, you Connecticutites are supposed to be part of New England! (says the former Rhode Islander/Bay Stater) Yankee means red/white/blue! sheesh! Dodger blue! Where are your loyalties, New Englander? :P;)

Hey, I was a Red Sox fan, until they actually won the World Series and slipped us into this bizarre alternate reality we currently live in. :P

Actually, I meant the green on the main author page is my favorite. But I definitely like how the story pages do not use white, but the color is so faint that you can hardly tell. Nicely done! :D

The main page green was Myr's doing, as I recall. I used a variant of it as the sidebar color for the Ynar stories, and then went digging for other dark tones for the other stories. (I'm not 100% sure I like the fuscia for the modern shorts, though)

I spent way, way too much time in Safari fiddling with the chapter punch-outs (and even more time swearing at IE which couldn't do 'em like Mozilla and Safari could), layout bits, and php. Interesting in its own way, even if I'm probably never going to do anything significant with either php or css again...

so he's the pitcher, uh?

Well, y'know how frogs are. Ben, on the other hand... :P

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry 'bout the delay. My laptop had to go in for repair, which killed about two weeks worth of writing. (Well, a bit more, as it was sickly before it went in) Hopefully soon, chapter 3's approaching 3k words and the rough draft's about two thirds done.

Sorry 'bout the delay. My laptop had to go in for repair, which killed about two weeks worth of writing. (Well, a bit more, as it was sickly before it went in) Hopefully soon, chapter 3's approaching 3k words and the rough draft's about two thirds done.

sorry for you laptop. Those tiny things get broken too often. Glad about chapter 3 though :)

• 1 month later...

I read chapter 2 and enjoyed it a lot. :) I think it's a *bit* too flippant -- I want to feel a bit more glumness from William, but maybe he is just irrepressibly cheerful. Maybe that'll come enough from Ben, haha. I hope real life is treating you well, as it's been quite a while since you last updated.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, well, William is... not so much cheerful as driven. He doesn't give up, not if he can help it, and while things are bad he's not dead, so he pushes on. Definitely flip, though -- the world's not given him much respect, and if he's going to be the butt of some celestial joke he can damn well laugh back at the universe. (Though he would, if pressed, 'fess up to the fact that lots of folks have it worse)

Of course, it's also possible that there's just a bit too much of me in his character, and I'm a cheerful cynic. ;)

(And yep, while Real Life has been a bit of a trial, the third chapter's out for read-through and edit so hopefully in the next week or so, depending on how much work it needs)

• 2 weeks later...