NHL Playoffs and other sports talk

Thirdeye

I'm so stoked right now! I'm a huge hockey fan and I love playoff time, and my team the Flyers are going on to the Eastern Conference Finals! They are either going to play the Penguins or the Rangers, both teams I hate with a burning passion. The best part is this is a young team that works hard, is fun to watch and will be good for awhile!

On top of that the Phillies are in first place!

:mace: :P

Signed,

Devils fan.

And before you try to make fun of the Devils, ask yourself how many Stanley Cups the Flyers have over the last decade and how many the Flyers have. TYIA.

Edited by scoopny

And before you try to make fun of the Devils, ask yourself how many Stanley Cups the Flyers have over the last decade and how many the Flyers have. TYIA.

Wow you're a devils fan? I think I have now met all 10 of their fans :P

I'm so stoked right now! I'm a huge hockey fan and I love playoff time, and my team the Flyers are going on to the Eastern Conference Finals! They are either going to play the Penguins or the Rangers, both teams I hate with a burning passion. The best part is this is a young team that works hard, is fun to watch and will be good for awhile!

On top of that the Phillies are in first place!

Boo!, :P they got lucky, Biron played above his potential all series long and I doubt that he'd be that lucky in a series against the Penguins. Tho, against Rangers it might be different

Btw phillies aren't in first place,, the last time I checked they were 6th in the eastern :P

:mace: :2hands:

Wow you're a devils fan? I think I have now met all 10 of their fans :P

You realize neither one of us was alive the last time the Flyer hoisted a Stanely Cup. :P And while Marty Brion did his best Marty Brodeau impersonation, that won't last against the Penquins. The Rangers are so not winning that series, lol.

Boo!, :P they got lucky, Biron played above his potential all series long and I doubt that he'd be that lucky in a series against the Penguins. Tho, against Rangers it might be different

Btw phillies aren't in first place,, the last time I checked they were 6th in the eastern :P

:mace: :2hands:

First in the NL east

And a big factor in this series was the Habs total lack of respect for what the Flyers were doing, Guy Carbonneau coached a horrible series, he didnt make any adjustment until tonight and by the second period they were back to playing the perimeter. And as long Timmon and Coburn keep playing like they have, they can give the Pens a hard time. Fleury also is still unproven and faced no adversity yet. I think its gonna be a better series then people think. I actually thought the Habs would be a harder matchup for the Flyers, the Pens defense will give the flyers chances.

Edited by Thirdeye

Last I checked the Rangers and the Devils finished with more points than the Flyers :P . Man an all-Pa. series, can I root for none of the above? :P

Edited by scoopny

Last I checked the Rangers and the Devils finished with more points than the Flyers :P . Man an all-Pa. series, can I root for none of the above? :P

The Phillies are baseball

and regular season means nothing, as a Flyers fan I know that pretty well.

The Phillies are baseball

and regular season means nothing, as a Flyers fan I know that pretty well.

Haha omg, I was sleepy and didn't see. The Phillies? Man we have nothing in common. I'm a Mets fan. Okay, you can make fun of the Mets for last season, THAT was an embarassment. But we'll get you this year. We probably shouldn't talk football, should we? Go Giants. Next you're going to tell me you root for Penn State *points to icon*. :whistle:

Edited by scoopny

Haha omg, I was sleepy and didn't see. The Phillies? Man we have nothing in common. I'm a Mets fan. Okay, you can make fun of the Mets for last season, THAT was an embarassment. But we'll get you this year. We probably shouldn't talk football, should we? Go Giants. Next you're going to tell me you root for Penn State *points to icon*. :whistle:

Eagles and Penn State and Flordia gators(since i live in Gainesville) B)

Eagles and Penn State and Flordia gators(since i live in Gainesville) B)

Oh the Gators? You mean the team we beat in the Capitol One Bowl this year? :P . Good team, Tim Tebow's a good quarterback. I'd make fun of Penn State, but that would just be piling on. At least we can both agree that Norte Dame and Ohio State sucks. :P

Oh the Gators? You mean the team we beat in the Capitol One Bowl this year? :P . Good team, Tim Tebow's a good quarterback. I'd make fun of Penn State, but that would just be piling on. At least we can both agree that Norte Dame and Ohio State sucks. :P

I mean the team that won the National Championship a season ago and is going to win it again this year, oh and those two big basket ball banners hanging in the O' Connell center look good =P

Edited by Thirdeye

I mean the team that won the National Championship a season ago and is going to win it again this year, oh and those two big basket ball banners hanging in the O' Connell center look good =P

Aww... one national championship, how cute. Call me when you get 10 more ;) .

Aww... one national championship, how cute. Call me when you get 10 more ;) .

Michigan only has 3 National Championships in football since 1936, the gators have 2 in the past 15 years and will get the third next year :D

And in Basketball they have one(but some amazing choke jobs, Yay Chris Webber), The Gators won back to back championships.

Edited by Thirdeye

Michigan only has 3 National Championships in football since 1936, the gators have 2 in the past 15 years and will get the third next year :D

And in Basketball they have one(but some amazing choke jobs, Yay Chris Webber), The Gators won back to back championships.

Michigan has the highest winning percentage of any college football program. Florida is just a mere upstart. And I will concede our basketball team sucks. :lol:

Michigan has the highest winning percentage of any college football program. Florida is just a mere upstart. And I will concede our basketball team sucks. :lol:

Yes, but still only three championships since 1936. And Florida has been a national power for 20 years now

The Highest winning percentage? From my recap,, it didn't stop them from making the biggest upset in college football this year,,,, ya, you know what I mean,, you where there, :P

The Highest winning percentage? From my recap,, it didn't stop them from making the biggest upset in college football this year,,,, ya, you know what I mean,, you where there, :P

You are never going to let me forget that. :P . I remember you were like "What if they lose?" and I was like "there's no way Michigan is losing to a team named Appalachian State." I spent the next month eating those words.

By the way, I hope Carey Price spends his offseason doing a little working out, it appears he's too small for the goal, he can't seem to keep the puck from going into the net. :P .

Edited by scoopny