[DomLuka] Attention Anyone Who Knows Dom IRL

Guest DarknessReigns

If you are aquainted with the author that goes by the pen-name of DomLuka, I would very much appreciate any information you can give me on how to get in contact with him. His story has come under my consideration as a possible option to be re-created as a feature length film.

Unfortunately, until I can get in contact with the copyright owner, and procure usage rights, I will be unable to move forward with this project.

I have already attempted to e-mail him at all known addresses, and have recieved no response. Thus I am attempting to contact him this way.

The proposal will only be open until the end of this month, so the sooner you can get me the information, or you can pass this information along to DomLuke, the better.

I appreciate any help that you can provide at this time.

Thank You.

Guest watts

Hia, I think you've managed to silence evereyone :) . that or they're all enjoying the sun.

If you are for real I hope someone has been able to help you get in touch with Dom.

His stories really are brilliant.

Watts

quote name='DarknessReigns' date='May 6 2008, 07:55 PM' post='131046']

If you are aquainted with the author that goes by the pen-name of DomLuka, I would very much appreciate any information you can give me on how to get in contact with him. His story has come under my consideration as a possible option to be re-created as a feature length film.

Unfortunately, until I can get in contact with the copyright owner, and procure usage rights, I will be unable to move forward with this project.

I have already attempted to e-mail him at all known addresses, and have recieved no response. Thus I am attempting to contact him this way.

The proposal will only be open until the end of this month, so the sooner you can get me the information, or you can pass this information along to DomLuke, the better.

I appreciate any help that you can provide at this time.

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarknessReigns
Just out of curiosity, which story are you interested in making into a movie?

The Ordinary Us is the story that I am interested in aquiring the usage rights to.

As an update to anyone who has viewed this thread. Half a month has passed, and I have not received any information regarding contacting DomLuka. As such, my partner and I have begun considering other offers. This does not mean that the opportunity here has closed, simply that due to the lack of information, and the time constraints upon us, we are moving forward.

As I said before, the option of using DomLuka's story as our screenplay will be still in consideration until June 6th, 2008. Any information regarding contacting this author that can be passed along before that date, will be much appreciated.

The Ordinary Us is the story that I am interested in aquiring the usage rights to.

As an update to anyone who has viewed this thread. Half a month has passed, and I have not received any information regarding contacting DomLuka. As such, my partner and I have begun considering other offers. This does not mean that the opportunity here has closed, simply that due to the lack of information, and the time constraints upon us, we are moving forward.

As I said before, the option of using DomLuka's story as our screenplay will be still in consideration until June 6th, 2008. Any information regarding contacting this author that can be passed along before that date, will be much appreciated.

Unfortunately, Dom's been on hiatus from GA for at least 6 months. He could be logging in as a guest, but I doubt it.

I recall that Dom wasn't interested in having his work published, but I don't think he ever let his feelings be known about a screenplay.

Anyhow, for your sake as well as all of ours, I hope dom returns soon.

Take Care,

Vic

B) .........Sounds interesting, something I wouldn't mind seeing!! Good luck!!

Guest DarknessReigns
Unfortunately, Dom's been on hiatus from GA for at least 6 months. He could be logging in as a guest, but I doubt it.

I recall that Dom wasn't interested in having his work published, but I don't think he ever let his feelings be known about a screenplay.

Anyhow, for your sake as well as all of ours, I hope dom returns soon.

Take Care,

Vic

Over a year ago my partner received permission from DomLuka to use it as a screenplay, with the specification that the profit from the movie had to go to a non-profit organization (such as the school that my partner was going to at the time). But since she has graduated from school, neither of us are interested in compromising the story to make it "school friendly", and thus, we need to make a new arrangement with DomLuka for the usage rights to the story.

If this can't be accomplished, we will have to consider a different idea, but she was very adamant about her desire to use this story (and I do agree with her that DomLuka's writing is exemplary), so I have done my best to find a way to make that a possibility.

• 5 months later...

I'm late responding, I know. But for future reference, what I post online is fair game, and I don't expect to make any profit from it. What isn't fair game, is throwing my stories under another name and pretending you wrote it, or posting my stories on another site without permission. Links are okay. I do recall being asked if I'd mind TOU being used for a school play, and I'm okay with that as long as no one is profiting from my work.