2009 GA GetTogether

Trebs

2009 Potential Attendees  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go no matter when or where?

• Yes - I'd certainly try
    • No - only if convienent
  2. 2. Choose ALL of the options that you feel you might be able to attend:

• New York City, Jan 23-25
    • Philadelphia, Jan 23-25
    • Washington DC, Jan 23-25
    • Anaheim (Disneyland), July 3-5
    • New York City, Sept 4-6
    • Philadelphia, Sept 4-6
    • Orlando, Sept 4-6
    • Chicago, Sept 4-6
    • New York City, Dec 4-6
    • Philadelphia, Dec 4-6
    • Orlando, Dec 4-6
    • Chicago, Dec 4-6
  3. 3. If Trebs and Dkstories CAN'T make it, can you help organize (depending on location):

• Yes - I'm game
    • No - sorry, I can't

I know, and I think it's nutz. But if that's what they want then go ahead and do it. I just don't want to be part of it. There's a difference between spending it with 80,000 strangers and 80,000 strangers plus a bunch of us weirdos from GA! LOL

They can just go make out in Sleeping Beauty's Castle or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, like I heard Joe and Mason did on the roller coaster at Six Flags

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2009 I will be in the New England area, except for a total of 3 weeks in mid June and late August / early September, during which I will be in North CA.

Let's have a summit in Boston! :D That way I won't have to travel at all! We can have a walking tour of the city, which will take like 20 minutes because Boston is so small...

And stop complaining about the weather peoples! We can always bundle indoors in a nice pub if it's too cold, and go to a museum if it's too hot.

And stop complaining about the weather peoples! We can always bundle indoors in a nice pub if it's too cold, and go to a museum if it's too hot.

DC weather can be kind of hit or miss in January. But Drewbie's correct that even 30's or 40's isn't too bad. It's like people saying the Arizona heat isn't bad because it's a dry heat. Those 30's or 40's are still mild.

Georgetown alone has over 200 establishments that could fall into the 'pub' catagory and we've got some of the best museums around. You could spend days in the Smithsonian. Just avoid anything that has the designation 'south east' behind it, unless you plan to paint a target on your chest. :blink:

Frosty, you've clearly never been to DC in January. I have. It can be bitterly cold. It can also be somewhat mild. I don't want to risk the bitterly cold part.

Ok... Look at my name once again. And then my location.

The 30s-40s is considered to be a raging heatwave during a Canadian winter.

Want bitter cold? Try living through a day where temperatures stay in the single digits (in the 0F-9F). And when it's very cold, there is always a wind chill...down to -40F.

So don't lecture me. Of course I never went to DC in January, but I lived in Canada during three winters so far. :P

So 30s-40s are not that cold. Just wear a coat and a hat and you're find. It's not like we'll be outside all day long. ;)

Edited by Jack Frost

They can just go make out in Sleeping Beauty's Castle or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, like I heard Joe and Mason did on the roller coaster at Six Flags

If we goto Disneyworld maybe the two lovebirds can win a night in the suite in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Imagine having sex while Snow White and the ghost of Walt watch! :P

If we goto Disneyworld maybe the two lovebirds can win a night in the suite in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Imagine having sex while Snow White and the ghost of Walt watch! :P

Would not, Walt was dead before major construction of Disney world Started. Roy on the other hand...

Not to mention this is completely irrelevant anyhow :mellow:

Would not, Walt was dead before major construction of Disney world Started. Roy on the other hand...

I'm not sure I understand your comment Steve. Yes, Walt was dead before the park was completed. But the plans for the castle included an apartment/suite for Walt. When he died the apartment was never finished even though the space for it was there. A year or so ago Disney decided to complete the apartment and offer it to visitors. I'm not completely sure what the terms and conditions are, but it is available for overnight stays.

• Site Moderator

The weather can be the same way in the Philly area. Take this past winter for example. We had our first big snow fall in early December. We usually don't see it until late January, and that was practically not existent this year.

Gary it hasn't been that cold in dc for awhile, mostly it;s in the 40's or 30's not bad.

But I can see that's not a great time to be in dc.

Dude, that's bitterly cold to a Florida boy. Down here we start looking for snow when the temperature drops below 70
Edited by AFriendlyFace

Great. I get to sit in a pub and watch everyone get drunk while I'm the only sober guy in the group. Damn I wish my psymeds didn't prevent me from drinking otherwise I'd challenge each and every one of you to a drinking contest. ;)

Would june or july, early August be fine?

I'm not sure which would be the better times Drew. I guess it depends on what the best fit is with college schedules and work vacations. I suppose there's also nothing wrong with having two conventions in one year. I often fly to Orlando several times a year, and at least one trip to Redmond for various Microsoft functions.

if it's after january i'll be twenty-one.

hmmmmm.

Does that mean you'll get to drink, or just get to drink legally? evil-smirk.gif

• Site Moderator
Great. I get to sit in a pub and watch everyone get drunk while I'm the only sober guy in the group. Damn I wish my psymeds didn't prevent me from drinking otherwise I'd challenge each and every one of you to a drinking contest. ;)

Don't feel too bad about that Gary. I don't drink much myself. It tends to screw up my blood sugar levels.

Gary: My only piece of advices I could give to everyone is what to see in NYC. I go to that city several times per year, so I pretty much know Manhattan well enough to know what I am doing. Same thing for Philly. Other places on the East Coast, I only know Boston and DC a little bit.

But I am an expert of Ocean City, MD and southern Delaware beaches. I spent so many summers there. :P

June - July - August are all fine. My summer holidays start at the beginning of May and last until the end of August.

Edited by Jack Frost

Don't feel too bad about that Gary. I don't drink much myself. It tends to screw up my blood sugar levels.

Lack of drinking is one more thing we have in common. Maybe this could work. ;)

Gary: My only piece of advices I could give to everyone is what to see in NYC.

Between the two of us I'm sure we could do a great job of keeping everyone happy in NYC. I could handle groups who want to see museums and other boring crap. You could take everyone else to fun places. We could rendezvous for lunch, happy hour, then take a brief nap before heading out to see a show and then dinner afterwards. Then we'll head off to a gay bar or club where Jan and I will have fun watching the rest of you lot get pissed and make fools of yourselves. :P

But I am an expert of Ocean City, MD and southern Delaware beaches. I spent so many summers there. :P

Completely off topic, but I just got back from there. :D

Being a native New Yorker, if you have the event in NYC, I should be able to make it. :lol:

B) ........Terrific, Scoopny 'might' make it :P ....Seriously, the poll reflects that the dates given up are not in sync with a lot of the college guys, perhaps there is a Spring break that is more in line?

Spring break wouldn't work for every college student. IIRC my Spring Break is the same at Johns, or at least near the same, but for a lot of colleges it's the week before or the week after mine.

Spring break wouldn't work for every college student. IIRC my Spring Break is the same at Johns, or at least near the same, but for a lot of colleges it's the week before or the week after mine.

:( .......No happy medium here!!!!!!!!!!!