Anbody seen "the Happening"?

JamesSavik

I saw it today and enjoyed it! I enjoy a scary movie but I especially like one that is smart and original.

Although it had some seriously creepy aspects, it was a bad ass film!

What did you think???

a friend of mines status message on msn says "The Happening" then PFFFFFTTTTTT in big letters which means i guess it wasnt that great of a movie for them. I never really got into Shamalyans movies. like The Village i found kinda boring, signs made me fall asleep. so i probably wont watch The Happening. I think LAdy in the water is another 1 he did. I know i didnt watch that.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw it today and enjoyed it! I enjoy a scary movie but I especially like one that is smart and original.

Although it had some seriously creepy aspects, it was a bad ass film!

What did you think???

Really?

I thought it was terrible. Five minutes into the movie and I already wanted to walk out. But I stuck through it, because I was curious as to what was killing everyone.

There are some good parts. Like

when the girl stabs herself with the chopstick, the falling construction workers, and the men hanging from the trees

. But, overall, the plot, directing, and acting just sucked.

And I'm surprised about the acting. Because I like Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, and John Leguizamo in their other movies and consider them to be decent actors, but they were just absolutely terrible in this movie.

After Lady in the Water, I told myself never to see an M. Night Shyamalan movie again. I should have listened to myself.

Really?

I thought it was terrible. Five minutes into the movie and I already wanted to walk out. But I stuck through it, because I was curious as to what was killing everyone.

There are some good parts. Like

when the girl stabs herself with the chopstick, the falling construction workers, and the men hanging from the trees

. But, overall, the plot, directing, and acting just sucked.

And I'm surprised about the acting. Because I like Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, and John Leguizamo in their other movies and consider them to be decent actors, but they were just absolutely terrible in this movie.

After Lady in the Water, I told myself never to see an M. Night Shyamalan movie again. I should have listened to myself.

B) ...........I have never liked any of his movies (M. Night Shyamalan) I would suspect this one is of the 'mode'.

Lol, I didn't really enjoy this movie. I had mixed feelings about it. The plot was good, but the acting could be better. I shuddered at the part where everyone went berserk and killed themselves en masse, but that was about it. The rest of the minor plot seemed a little gratuitous; however, I enjoyed his previous movies though. I would have given this film a 5.5/10. Good storyline, but the mediocre acting killed the film.