Google Chrome

Kurt

Thanks for the info, Steph! :D

My approach to new technology is almost always the same. I ignore it as long as possible, then once it's absolutely unavoidable I start using it and readily adapt. So if it becomes too big to ignore I might start using it :)

Actually, for once my curiosity is piqued enough for me to be considering downloading it and having a look.

If you download it, make sure that you also download Java version 6, update 10 it will be all buggy and you cannot go into chat if you do not!

Oh no! If it means doing other software updates I shan't bother at all. I can't stand doing those!

...LOL, my approach to software updates is to ignore them until I'm absolutely forced to do them. 0:)

Thanks for the warning, Kurt! :)

My approach to new technology is almost always the same. I ignore it as long as possible, then once it's absolutely unavoidable I start using it and readily adapt. So if it becomes too big to ignore I might start using it :)

Oh no! If it means doing other software updates I shan't bother at all. I can't stand doing those!

...LOL, my approach to software updates is to ignore them until I'm absolutely forced to do them. 0:)

This is my attitude as well!

:)

1) If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

2) If it does everything I want, keep it the way it is.

3) Getting the newest, fastest, bestest, cutest version is fine if you enjoy the proces of getting them and installing them and optimising them for your requirements, but otherwise I think it's a waste of my time. Of course eventually it may wear out or cease functioning or not do all the things I want it to do. Then I'll get a new version.

Actually, I think item 3 probably applies to boyfriends as well as new technology!

Kit

LOL. I totally have to agree wtih you, Kevin. Updates, downloads, new programs--they all scare me! I'm not savvy with these things and I feel very awkward and uncomfortable. Although, if I really needed to update or learn something new, I'm sure I could figure it out, with some questions along the way. But I prefer not to deal with that confusion unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, I love your use of "shan't." Dude, why are you cracking me up so much these days? In the other thread, it was the veternarian/vegetarian thing...now this. :lol:

Not really liking it...

I've tried loads of browsers and while they are mostly the same, some are comfortable to use and others are just plain UNGH! Chrome is in the middle. In short:

GOOD

It's fast at running and loading

Looks completely different from everything else- sets it apart

Has incognito option

BAD

Looks completely different from everything else- hard to adapt to

Not a lot of configurable options

Doesn't block some popups-(they just display at bottom of screen)

A couple of bugs

I have only listed what I consider to be good and bad points, but to conclude I'd recommend that the average user steer clear for the time being and perhaps check out something else like Firefox 3/Opera and for anyone else who knows their stuff it's worth checking Chrome out; even if you are a devoted Firefox guy/girl.

P.S. I also have to agree with you guys above, if you are pleased with what you have then there is really no reason to change.

How is it compared to Firefox 2.0 and 3.0?

It's faster on virtually every website, but curiously it seems to load GMail at about the same speed as Firefox 3.0

EmulatedLove

I'll let the pioneers take the arrows on this one and get version 2.0 when it's shaken down properly.

When I was in software support we called it the bleeding edge. No thanks, I'm with James. Wait for V 2.0. B)

The thing is that since I've updated to FF 3.0 (and now 3.0.1 to solve the issue, plus update of Java, plus clean profile...), it crashes all the time, even in faultless mode, etc (BTW, GA makes it crash a lot). I think I'll turn to Chrome if my FF problems aren't solved soon. Chrome looks good, and it's quite fast indeed.

Still a bit buggy, but lightning-fast. Gotta say I'm really liking it. Am normally a Firefox aficionado (gave up on IE a long time ago) but Chrome might be a contender.

Totally agree, I absolutely love Firefox and will only use IE when Firefox is being spazzy. And I like my Google toolbar just fine, don't think I need anything new right now. Especially since I use the toolbar about a million times a day. My sister actually calls me Google Queen because I look everything up haha.

This is my attitude as well!

1) If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

2) If it does everything I want, keep it the way it is.

3) Getting the newest, fastest, bestest, cutest version is fine if you enjoy the proces of getting them and installing them and optimising them for your requirements, but otherwise I think it's a waste of my time. Of course eventually it may wear out or cease functioning or not do all the things I want it to do. Then I'll get a new version.

Actually, I think item 3 probably applies to boyfriends as well as new technology!

Kit

Bahahaha, you are hilarious!! I completely agree!

LOL. I totally have to agree wtih you, Kevin. Updates, downloads, new programs--they all scare me! I'm not savvy with these things and I feel very awkward and uncomfortable. Although, if I really needed to update or learn something new, I'm sure I could figure it out, with some questions along the way. But I prefer not to deal with that confusion unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, I love your use of "shan't." Dude, why are you cracking me up so much these days? In the other thread, it was the veternarian/vegetarian thing...now this. :lol:

Kevin is just naturally funny lol. And I love your use of "Dude." I'm forever using it, and my mother is always saying, "Don't dude me, I am not a dude." Love you Ma haha :lol: