9 Google Ads In A 1451 word Story?

I hope this is not what is in our future!

I was checking out @RichardWrites story listings and decided to revisit "Trusting The Triplets" 10/12/23.

I remembered it was a great little 1451 word, 1 chapter story. I was shocked when it loaded with 9 google ads! The short story

had streaming  ads mixed all thru it, and fixed ads between the comments! I have had trouble with google ads blocking

stories  from loading with an "AD REMOVED PAGE". Am I the only one to view this new google format? 😒 😒 😒

Edited by Flip-Flop
  • Wow 2
4 hours ago, Flip-Flop said:

I hope this is not what is in our future!

Just skimmed this story + comments on my iPad and not an ad in sight. Zero, zilch nada

Maybe an issue with your device / browser / settings?

iPad 6, iOS 16.6, Safari

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 2

I've not encountered it yet, but it sounds like an absolute nightmare.  Of course I've got an ad blocker as well, since some ads have caused me computer problems in the past, so maybe that's what I encountered not just the ads themselves.  I hope that format doesn't spread.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator

I've seen these ads lately mixed in the text. It startled me at first, but they don't bother me.

Keep in mind these ads along with Premium Membership are what pay the bills here and keep us online. Unlike other sites, we don't constantly beg members for donations to exist. The bandwidth, storage,  and software are all expensive and GA doesn't generate profits. We're lucky if we break even. 

I'll happily tolerate ads I occasionally click on knowing they keep the lights on.

• Like 5

First, I want to say, that I realize that the Gay Authors site is  not controlling the ads. I agree that it is Google, and their

desire to increase revenue, that is the problem. I was just shocked when I saw the lengths they were playing with to do it.

I was curious if I was the only one (the lab rat, so to say) viewing this change? I checked newly listed stories and they were all

appeared normal. After posting I went back to the 10/12/23 story and found, the same new format, just with different ads.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The problem is not one ad, but we are swarmed with them. If the greedy ###### at Google would scale down a bit, there would not be a need for ad blockers.  I am paying for the sites I use, including news. But I refuse doing so on sites where my data and I already payment enough.

• Like 4

I am glad I have Premium access to GA.   I rarely had problems accessing GA on my desktop computer before becoming Premium, unless I was using a browser other than Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.  But on my phone -- ads out the proverbial ying-yang until I became a premium member.  If you possibly can I recommend Premium for GA.  If you cannot go Premium at this time, I understand -- I was there for a time.

I did not realize how many ads I was clicking around on my phones until I went Premium and was no longer dealing with them

• Love 5

Just went back to the story "Trusting The Triplets" 10/12/23.

Happy to enjoy it once again without the Google ad attack! I am happy that I am able to pay for the Premium subscription, but it .is  not really in everyone's  budget.

@Ron "It sucks to become poor people." Been there, done that! 

Edited by Flip-Flop
  • Like 3
  • Love 2